August 28, 2014 | 1251 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Color Extend Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2004 8:14:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I'm not the only one who thinks this shampoo doesn't lather well! I had to use a ton on my long hair. It did help keep my color last a little longer than it would with a regular shampoo, and my hair feels very clean afterwards, but overall it's not such a great shampoo, especially for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2004 6:41:00 PM More reviews by mira646

this shampoo was fine, but had about the same effects as a similar shampoo by l'oreal-- my hair faded a bit, but not as badly as with other shampoos. i suppose in that respect it's pretty good but it doesnt lather well which is annoying. other people say it makes their hair dry but i havent noticed. if you color your hair you should be using conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2004 7:44:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

My stylist used this shampoo and conditioner on my freshly colored hair & it was awful!!! It took a massive amount to even lather sufficiently, left my hair very knotted and it actually felt damaged =( I wouldn't recommend this to anyone- I don't care if it does protect your hair from fading !!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2004 10:26:00 AM More reviews by JourneyIntoBlack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really didnt like this one, I proabably would have but it made my hair so fly away.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2004 6:10:00 AM More reviews by vividsenses

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Terrible. No lather despite using lots of shanpoo. Makes hair dry and stiff as hay.

Won't buy again. Won't use even if given free sample. Terrible.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2004 11:43:00 PM More reviews by imaladybug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This pleasantly scented shampoo does seem to be gentle to color treated hair. My reddish highlights have not turned brassy at all. Two drawbacks: you need to use a lot to get a decent amount of lather and the price. Edit: Another drawback is that the bottle cap does not come off easily, making it a pain to re-fill.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2003 12:37:00 PM More reviews by cleo6620

Redken Color Extend-$12 was once my Holy Grail shampoo because it didn't make my color treated hair fade or get brassy as other shampoos do. Color Extend promises to " gently clean and protect hair," which it does- and thats the problem. The cleansing is so gentle that anyone who uses and styling prodects or leave in treatments( as most color treated haired people do) will find that after a while their hair is sticky and has lots of buildup. Also it should be noted that this shampoo does not moisturize whatsoever and does not claim to do so. It just cleanes gently and thats it. Would not repurchase after my second bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2003 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Makeup_fiend

It's ok, but not Redken's best...it doesn't lather very well. Active Express shampoo and conditioner is better

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2003 3:43:00 PM More reviews by elise77

My stylist recommended this shampoo after getting highlights. While it definitely maintains the color, it leaves my hair somewhat dry. I hate that it takes a lot of product to lather, too. I don't think I'd buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2003 2:19:00 PM More reviews by cigarette_seduction

The only color treatred shampoo I trust on my ever changing colored hair. Paired with my Color Extend conditioner.. it's a match made in heaven!