Redken Color Extend Shampoo

3.1

Sodium laureth sulfate

on 5/6/2004 6:28:00 PM

I was given a sample of this, along with Outshine, at a salon. Neither product worked well, but the shampoo was awful. It dried out my hair so badly I had to deep condition afterward. I will not be buying a full-size bottle of this. (Btw, I tried Outshine as a finisher on dry hair and it just sat on top. L'Oreal Nature's Curl Perfecting Creme looks similar but is a much better product - it's absorbed into the hair and holds curls well.)

Dried out my ends! Hated it!

on 4/18/2004 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Okay, so I'm not the only one who thinks this shampoo doesn't lather well! I had to use a ton on my long hair. It did help keep my color last a little longer than it would with a regular shampoo, and my hair feels very clean afterwards, but overall it's not such a great shampoo, especially for the price.

on 4/16/2004 6:41:00 PM

this shampoo was fine, but had about the same effects as a similar shampoo by l'oreal-- my hair faded a bit, but not as badly as with other shampoos. i suppose in that respect it's pretty good but it doesnt lather well which is annoying. other people say it makes their hair dry but i havent noticed. if you color your hair you should be using conditioner.

on 4/5/2004 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

My stylist used this shampoo and conditioner on my freshly colored hair & it was awful!!! It took a massive amount to even lather sufficiently, left my hair very knotted and it actually felt damaged =( I wouldn't recommend this to anyone- I don't care if it does protect your hair from fading !!!

I really didnt like this one, I proabably would have but it made my hair so fly away.

on 2/21/2004 6:10:00 AM

Terrible. No lather despite using lots of shanpoo. Makes hair dry and stiff as hay.

Won't buy again. Won't use even if given free sample. Terrible.

on 2/2/2004 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This pleasantly scented shampoo does seem to be gentle to color treated hair. My reddish highlights have not turned brassy at all. Two drawbacks: you need to use a lot to get a decent amount of lather and the price. Edit: Another drawback is that the bottle cap does not come off easily, making it a pain to re-fill.

on 11/8/2003 12:37:00 PM

Redken Color Extend-$12 was once my Holy Grail shampoo because it didn't make my color treated hair fade or get brassy as other shampoos do. Color Extend promises to " gently clean and protect hair," which it does- and thats the problem. The cleansing is so gentle that anyone who uses and styling prodects or leave in treatments( as most color treated haired people do) will find that after a while their hair is sticky and has lots of buildup. Also it should be noted that this shampoo does not moisturize whatsoever and does not claim to do so. It just cleanes gently and thats it. Would not repurchase after my second bottle.

on 8/2/2003 12:54:00 AM

It's ok, but not Redken's best...it doesn't lather very well. Active Express shampoo and conditioner is better

Popular Shampoos