Redken Color Extend Shampoo

3.1

Sodium laureth sulfate

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

First, it works. I do a highlight and color (light and dark) every six weeks. By about week 3, my dark color usually has faded to a not-so-lovely reddish brown. I have used it before, but I hated that it didn't lather and seemed to dry out my hair. It still doesn't lather, and it's still a bit drying, but I decided to stick with it till my next session...and surprisingly my color hasn't faded at all...it's been 3 weeks... So I'm sold. The drying is easily combatted with a light conditioner.

I'm shocked by the negative feedback on this product. I don't know if it really does extend the life of my hair color but it smells great and makes my hair feel so healthy and shiny. The scent is fresh and it lathers up great. Next to Bumble & Bumble's Gentle this is a favorite shampoo.

As a shampoo it's OK but as a COLOUR SAVE shampoo it rocks! I have bright cherry red stripes in my hair. It is a semi-permanent dye which gradually washes out and a normal frequent wash shampoo will fade the colour significantly after the second shampoo. Also, red is a colour which fades FAST from hair. It's awful when your beautiful red colour fades to an ugly orange.................BUT NO MORE!!!!!!! This shampoo (and matching conditioner) keeps the colour like new for over a month. Even my colourist was astounded by my hair a month after using this shampoo. I used to top up my colour once a fortnight, now i can get away with it once six weeks. True as i stand! The only reason it doesn't get full marks is that as shampoo, it lacks in the conditioning and treatment era. My hair is not as shiny and soft as with other quality shampoos. I can put up with this, as the colour save properties are so fantastic.

I was given a sample of this, along with Outshine, at a salon. Neither product worked well, but the shampoo was awful. It dried out my hair so badly I had to deep condition afterward. I will not be buying a full-size bottle of this. (Btw, I tried Outshine as a finisher on dry hair and it just sat on top. L'Oreal Nature's Curl Perfecting Creme looks similar but is a much better product - it's absorbed into the hair and holds curls well.)

Dried out my ends! Hated it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Okay, so I'm not the only one who thinks this shampoo doesn't lather well! I had to use a ton on my long hair. It did help keep my color last a little longer than it would with a regular shampoo, and my hair feels very clean afterwards, but overall it's not such a great shampoo, especially for the price.

this shampoo was fine, but had about the same effects as a similar shampoo by l'oreal-- my hair faded a bit, but not as badly as with other shampoos. i suppose in that respect it's pretty good but it doesnt lather well which is annoying. other people say it makes their hair dry but i havent noticed. if you color your hair you should be using conditioner.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My stylist used this shampoo and conditioner on my freshly colored hair & it was awful!!! It took a massive amount to even lather sufficiently, left my hair very knotted and it actually felt damaged =( I wouldn't recommend this to anyone- I don't care if it does protect your hair from fading !!!

I really didnt like this one, I proabably would have but it made my hair so fly away.

Terrible. No lather despite using lots of shanpoo. Makes hair dry and stiff as hay.

Won't buy again. Won't use even if given free sample. Terrible.