April 20, 2014 | 1674 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2004 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Maximina

Did nothing for me except break the bank. Did not revolutionize my lips into anything that they were not before I bought it. Tastes really nice and sugary and minty but other than that it is nothing more than an EXTREMELY overpriced tub of joe schmo lip balm. Nothing special here ladies, spend your money on something better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2004 10:00:00 PM More reviews by alll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

nothing beats aquaphor for the lips

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2004 7:35:00 AM More reviews by FarmGirl

I don't care what the hype is, I have 10 drugstore lip balms which do the job better!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2004 8:54:00 PM More reviews by lamer4life

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Excellent. Heard it dries out some, but for me I find it very moisturizing, It tastes great too! Plus it has the MOST ingredients i have even seen in a lip balm -literally great ingredients like fish cartilage, algae, emerald, the famous broth, glycoproteins etc... This adds to the price -but is worth it in my opinion -will keep buying. P.S if you like balms thats plump lips up this is the one to get...its great for guys too b/c it doesnt leave a shine or gloss (Im a guy and i feel comfortable using this)...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2004 6:12:00 AM More reviews by 3muskerteers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is as with all La Mer products v expensive!! But I found that it's a pretty large tub and work miracles on my chapped lips overnight!! ove the choc mint flavour and can't help but lick my lips. Would prefer the packaging to be a tube such thaht you can squeeze however much you need without contaminating the rest in tub...each time you want to use it

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2004 11:03:00 PM More reviews by phredd4

I love this lip balm and it was well worth the $40 price tag. This is the only La Mer product I've liked so far. Many other lip balms and treatments have passed my lips, but so far, this is truly the best. I only use it at night and by morning my 43 yr old lips are amazingly plump and softened.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2004 1:58:00 PM More reviews by cswanson

This is the first product I ever returned to a department store! It irritated and dried out my lips!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2004 4:37:00 PM More reviews by rebeccan1

This lip balm is probably the worst out there. I have most of them and this did the exact opposite of what it is trying to accomplish. It dries out the lips and cracks them. Don't let the feeling when you first put it on fool you, it will chap your lips within the hour.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2004 1:33:00 PM More reviews by katwalkink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Expensive? Yes! Worth it? You bet! Of all the La Mer products I have tried...and there have been quite a few...I love this one the best! My lips are softer and crack less! The stuff even tastes great! The small pot is deceiving as a little bit of this stuff goes a LONG way - so for the $35 asking price it lasts. I use mine 2x/day and have had it for 4+ months now. I haven't even made a dent in the pot yet! Recommend buying it on EBay for a few $$$ of the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2004 5:47:00 PM More reviews by jules5555

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The scent and taste of this product is wonderful, however, it doesn't really moisturize my lips all that well. I find myself licking my lips even more (thus drying them out) because the taste is really good. Definitely too expensive and there are better products out there.