August 23, 2014 | 1789 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2004 2:49:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

Pricy, but I really like it.. and I normally don't even like pot lipbalms. A little goes a long way and I like how it's really emollient, yet not greasy - I can put a lipstain on top and it doesn't slide around. The minty scent is nice too, but isn't too overpowering such that it's distracting. Softens my lips nicely and is an all round good lipbalm.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2004 4:20:00 PM More reviews by picholine506

i bought this lip balm mostly bc of the hype and also bc i really like the cdlm, moisurizer, and the eye balm. i thought for $45 a pot, it would work wonders for my dry chapped lips. it does feel nice on the lips and has a light minty taste to it...but as soon as i put on my lipgloss, my lips begin to peel. at the moment, i'm liking the caudalie lip balm and also the lrp lipolevres. haven't used it long enough to know if i wanna continue to use them. definitely will not be repurchasing the la mer lip balm

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2004 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Maximina

Did nothing for me except break the bank. Did not revolutionize my lips into anything that they were not before I bought it. Tastes really nice and sugary and minty but other than that it is nothing more than an EXTREMELY overpriced tub of joe schmo lip balm. Nothing special here ladies, spend your money on something better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2004 10:00:00 PM More reviews by alll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

nothing beats aquaphor for the lips

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2004 7:35:00 AM More reviews by FarmGirl

I don't care what the hype is, I have 10 drugstore lip balms which do the job better!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2004 8:54:00 PM More reviews by lamer4life

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Excellent. Heard it dries out some, but for me I find it very moisturizing, It tastes great too! Plus it has the MOST ingredients i have even seen in a lip balm -literally great ingredients like fish cartilage, algae, emerald, the famous broth, glycoproteins etc... This adds to the price -but is worth it in my opinion -will keep buying. P.S if you like balms thats plump lips up this is the one to get...its great for guys too b/c it doesnt leave a shine or gloss (Im a guy and i feel comfortable using this)...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2004 6:12:00 AM More reviews by 3muskerteers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is as with all La Mer products v expensive!! But I found that it's a pretty large tub and work miracles on my chapped lips overnight!! ove the choc mint flavour and can't help but lick my lips. Would prefer the packaging to be a tube such thaht you can squeeze however much you need without contaminating the rest in tub...each time you want to use it

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2004 11:03:00 PM More reviews by phredd4

I love this lip balm and it was well worth the $40 price tag. This is the only La Mer product I've liked so far. Many other lip balms and treatments have passed my lips, but so far, this is truly the best. I only use it at night and by morning my 43 yr old lips are amazingly plump and softened.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2004 1:58:00 PM More reviews by cswanson

This is the first product I ever returned to a department store! It irritated and dried out my lips!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2004 4:37:00 PM More reviews by rebeccan1

This lip balm is probably the worst out there. I have most of them and this did the exact opposite of what it is trying to accomplish. It dries out the lips and cracks them. Don't let the feeling when you first put it on fool you, it will chap your lips within the hour.