January 26, 2015 | 941 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2004 10:05:00 PM More reviews by FlamingJune5dwj

i really like this lip balm. i use it and my lips feel so much smoother and softer. i am a nervous lip bitter, and this heals and soothes any irritation overnight. it is expensive, but it stays on though almost anything, and only takes a little to go a long way. i like to sleep in it, and when i wake up its still on almost like i first applied it, and i am a very active sleeper. make sure you warm it up and pat it on, it doesnt work the same if not. i really love this product

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2004 3:15:00 PM More reviews by hulachic6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff has a great taste to it! YUM - it's overpriced but it really feels good on the lips. I suggest if you want splurging, get the balm!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2004 1:09:00 PM More reviews by pink_julius

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG by far! I'm on Accutane, which stops all oil production, and my lips were bleeding every day. I use this about 15 times a day, and as a former lip gloss addict, this is the only product I can even imagine owning. Yes, it is expensive, but it is cheaper than Prada lipbalm, which is way too thick. La Mer's is smooth and light. I will use this forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2004 8:37:00 AM More reviews by fphoenix2k

WOW! _35_ for a lip balm!! Has to be the most expensive one I own, but I have to admit it's a reasonable price to pay for an incomparable product. It lasts for ages, as you only need to pat a tiny bit onto your lips to keep them smooth and supple. I love the scent (anything minty automatically goes in my good book), though I'm not sure if I'll repurchase once this one runs out; 35 is not a small sum. I think I'll wait and see how long this one lasts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2004 2:49:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

Pricy, but I really like it.. and I normally don't even like pot lipbalms. A little goes a long way and I like how it's really emollient, yet not greasy - I can put a lipstain on top and it doesn't slide around. The minty scent is nice too, but isn't too overpowering such that it's distracting. Softens my lips nicely and is an all round good lipbalm.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2004 4:20:00 PM More reviews by picholine506

i bought this lip balm mostly bc of the hype and also bc i really like the cdlm, moisurizer, and the eye balm. i thought for $45 a pot, it would work wonders for my dry chapped lips. it does feel nice on the lips and has a light minty taste to it...but as soon as i put on my lipgloss, my lips begin to peel. at the moment, i'm liking the caudalie lip balm and also the lrp lipolevres. haven't used it long enough to know if i wanna continue to use them. definitely will not be repurchasing the la mer lip balm

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2004 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Maximina

Did nothing for me except break the bank. Did not revolutionize my lips into anything that they were not before I bought it. Tastes really nice and sugary and minty but other than that it is nothing more than an EXTREMELY overpriced tub of joe schmo lip balm. Nothing special here ladies, spend your money on something better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2004 10:00:00 PM More reviews by alll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

nothing beats aquaphor for the lips

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2004 7:35:00 AM More reviews by FarmGirl

I don't care what the hype is, I have 10 drugstore lip balms which do the job better!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2004 8:54:00 PM More reviews by lamer4life

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Excellent. Heard it dries out some, but for me I find it very moisturizing, It tastes great too! Plus it has the MOST ingredients i have even seen in a lip balm -literally great ingredients like fish cartilage, algae, emerald, the famous broth, glycoproteins etc... This adds to the price -but is worth it in my opinion -will keep buying. P.S if you like balms thats plump lips up this is the one to get...its great for guys too b/c it doesnt leave a shine or gloss (Im a guy and i feel comfortable using this)...