September 17, 2014 | 1940 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Lucyowen99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tyres many many powders and this is the one I always keep coming back to, it is an affordable price and lasts along time. It comes in many different colours and even translucent which is great because you can add as much of this powder as you want and won't end up looking caked in makeup. If you have normal skin like me it will help you to stay matte all day. However the packaging of this product isn't great as it breaks very easily inside a makeup bag. However for me this is the only disappointment. So I would definitely recommend if you are looking for a good quality affordable powder .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by bbybreanna

i purchased this in "translucent", and it really is translucent, no white cast! would i repurchase this powder? umm, probably. it's a decent powder, nothing special. i think all oily skinned girls should try this though. it's nothing amazing, yes it keeps me matte for a couple hours and never cakes up no matter how much i touch up. the only con is the terrible packaging. it's so cheap, and the letters on the lid fade away throughout all the use. i use too faced powder pouf powder brush to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by lushblush

I use rimmel's stay matte powder everyday and it stays flawless and matte pretty much all day. I use the stay matte foundation by rimmel also and then use my mac brush to add a dusting of stay matte powder. It's great and I'll probably continue to use it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by MakeupandMiranda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried many other setting powders, including the Chanel pressed powder, and always find myself going back to this product. It is very long lasting, rarely looks cakey, and keeps my face matte all day. It is a mere 4 dollars. Pick it up! I hope that this project never gets discontinued! This is the best pressed powder in the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very nice $3 pressed powder that performs like those that are much more expensive. I used a big fluffy brush with it to set my foundation. Really blotted the shine and the grains were not visible even with a10x mirror. Will definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Gantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Long lasting
-Affordable

Cons:
-Looked cakey and unnatural
-Contains talc, and coconut derivatives which can clog pore and cause break outs
-The lid slips of of this easily and can make a mess (but maybe I'm just being whiny)

Overall:
I bought this at ULTA after hearing good reviews on it, plus it was around $5 which was great. I purchased this powder in translucent. I began using this in the summer, when my face is the most shiny, and it lasted for hours before I felt that I needed to reapply it. The lasting power of this was great. But I just didn't like the way it looked on my skin. I have to moisturize my skin before putting my foundation on, so I figure the added moisture on my skin was making this powder look cakey. I also use foundations that are moisturizing so that probably also added to the look of this powder on me. This product also caused clogged pores on my forehead. I won't be repurchasing this, it just was not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by thelmasarahi

This product is my holy grail. No matter what powder i try i always come back to this one. Its not going to give you coverage. its more of a translucent powder if you ask me. There's no dark shades which is fine for me since i don't need the extra coverage. it keeps you shine free all day and is soo affordable

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by akneil

Holy grail powder. It's just amazing. Inexpensive. Not cakey. Smooth and a nice formula. I use the translucent shade because I noticed it is barely noticeable on the skin, as opposed to the other shades which look a little more powdery on the skin.
I just love this stuff! Probably the best value product I know of. It's the best!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by FionaMay

This product is so 'meh'. I only buy it if it's on super special and I'm running low on cash to buy my good stuff. It's good for setting makeup, keeps my makeup on all day, but If I don't apply a really bright bronzer or a highlighter over the top it makes me look so dull. I have fair skin and use the 005 silky beige. You get what you pay for and this stuff is cheap...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by kellypi07

I actually really liked this product at first. I used it to set my foundation and concealer and it really looked nice. It didn't dry me out or anything. However, I did have a little break out from it. I got bumps on my chin and I'm pretty sure it's because this product contains talc, which is known to clog pores. So, I won't be using this again unfortunately.

Also, the packaging on this really needs a make-over. The lid is super easy to fall off and isn't reliable, but I guess that's what makes this product so affordable.

However, if it is something you are really looking into I'd say try it. It's only $4 or so at your local drug store and the worst thing that could happen is that it doesn't work for you and you lose $4, but then again it could be great for you too!