April 16, 2014 | 1744 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by californiagirl103

Loooooooooooove this powder. I have probably repurchased about 10 times. The only thing I don't like is the packaging--the lid falls off very easily. But it's worth it because its cheap and amazing. For an oily person who goes through powder extremely fast, I had to stop getting the MAC mineralize skin finish natural and go for the Rimmel stay matte.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Madihudson

This powder is ok. It really does last a while and really makes your face stay matte. One of the major problems with this powder is that it's darker in the packaging. I bought my skin tone based on what the packaging showed and when I went to apply it to my face and blend it out, it was incredibly light. The powder doesn't look good in flash pictures or lightning either. The packing isn't oh so good either. It's cheap packaging and very very very easy to break. Overall, I'll probably go back and buy a shade darker but I wasn't impressed with my first try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Giqqles13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been buying this pressed powder for about 3 years and I absolutely love this! I'm in the skin tone 003 natural very long lasting no breakouts controls my oily skin a bit works amazing along with either bb cream, liquid foundation, cc cream or blush definitely buying this product again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by mellon789

this powder is so good! I can't believe that its so cheap! it mattifies my face and covers up blemishs and large pores really well and actually in proved my skin condition. it has a rally summery smell and feels smooth on your skin. I sometimes wear this powder on my face and nothing else as it makes me look flawless. everyone at least needs to try this powder!:-)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Corina1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this at Walgreens for like $4. I like that the case is small and you see exactly what you get though the top. I hate that the top does not screw on and I'm scared to put it in my purse because it will come apart.

It was easy to find a matching color, what you see, you get. I like it to set foundation. It doesn't add coverage but it leaves a smooth finish.

Not extreme anti-shine powers or anything, but still great product (other than the case).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Younggrasshopa14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This powder is great at making the rest of your makeup last and keep your skin matte while feeling light at the same time.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by makeupstuffs

Ok for starters I am fed up of things being called translucent or transparent and then making me look like a ghost and I am fair skinned btw so yh translucent is not like putting nothing on because my nose turns considerably whiter than the rest of my face. So if you like to stick with the colour of your foundation as opposed to a white cast then test this out before you buy and get the right colour. This is a good powder overall but I do not understand the hype around this product. This is a typical drug store face powder. In terms of staying matte all day I am oily and it works the same as any other powder I have ever tried (within 2 hours i'm oily again). I like my powders very finely milled so that first of all they disguise my pores and secondly do not cake. This does neither. If you have the same problem as me and aren't particularly looking for much coverage just something to matte your face, set your foundation, even out your pores and you really don't like heavy make up then try mac select sheer pressed powder or chanel poudre universalle. Both work great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in 'Transparent' which I like as it sets my my makeup for the day without altering the colour of my foundation. I have a medium skin tone and it definitely is translucent, so a big thumbs up for the shade.

It is very affordable at AUD $12.95 and you get a lot of product for the price. The packaging is definitely something that could be improved, it come in a plastic pan with a pop off clear lid which isn't very secure, but I guess with the price that's what you would expect.

The texture of this is quite soft so it blends in well and doesn't leave you cakey whatsoever. With this on my oils only come through after 4-5 hours of wear which is great for me as most powders I've used in the past didn't hold up that long. I still do prefer the finish of Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder though, but is quite a bit more expensive than this here in Australia.

Looking at the ingredients this powder does contain oils which I don't like as I'm acne prone but I haven't noticed any breakouts so far.

Overall, I'm happy I picked this up as it's a great powder for oil control, not a fave just yet but I do like this. Would definitely recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Eh, this powder's okay. As a touch up powder it works well enough, but for shine control? Doesn't do much for me! Maybe it's just because it's summer, when the dewy look takes constant vigilance to avoid, but this powder worked no better or worse than a regular pressed powder in terms of controlling shine. Even indoors, I start to see the effects wearing off in under 2 hours. I don't notice any minimized appearance of my pores either. And the packaging is crap. That clear cover is just waiting to be cracked, the lid fits a kinda loosely, and the printing on the lid starts to fade and rub off after a few weeks. I know this is a cheap product, but if NYC can do mirrored compacts so can Rimmel.

That said, I do think this is a good pressed powder for the price. I have it in transparent, and I appreciate how light it feels on the face and how invisibly it goes on. It doesn't offer any coverage, but I wouldn't expect the transparent shade to do that anyway. I also appreciate the texture of the powder in the pan. It's just powdery enough to pick up easily with a swirl of a fluffy brush, but isn't so soft that it's messy. Can't comment on its ability to prolong foundation wear as I forgo foundation in the summer unless I'm having a bad skin day. I've mainly been wearing this alone over moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Lalalucy1

I really like this product. It it no way makes you look cakey, and it makes my foundation or bb cream stay on all day. I don't naturally have oily skin but my bb cream tends to come off by the end of the day so using this powder ensures it stays on all day. Overall I am really impressed with this powder