December 21, 2014 | 1344 users online

Fragrances - Versace - Crystal Noir

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2004 2:58:00 AM More reviews by smellslikeleaves

A new Sephora opened near me, and I had a box of Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue in my hand when the salesperson accosted me. I was game for an outside opinion, so I asked her if anything new and interesting on the perfume shelf had caught her attention recently. She mentioned Crystal Noir, and admitted that she normally didn't do heavy Orientals, but fell in love with this one because it was so very sexy. She spritzed it on my wrist and I had to agree--it smelled so delicious and wicked and mysterious, that I felt like I needed to shed my jeans and turtleneck and instead slip into a sparkly black slip dress, with diamonds on my earlobes for good measure. Although I hadn't felt sexy for weeks, this perfume was all I needed to start strutting again, heh. I later looked up the notes on the sephora website--gardenia and amber--which were not super surprising, since amber often works well with my chemistry. I find straight up gardenia (Marc Jacobs, Fracas) to verge on too sweet/cloying, but the warmth of amber in this fragrance makes it very wearable. While I usually find floral orientals to be very overpowering, this one was actually quite subtle on me. My only complaint is the staying power--by eight hours it had pretty much completely faded. For now I'm enjoying my sample, but I plan on getting the 50 mL bottle to get it for Christmas.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2004 6:23:00 PM More reviews by pembis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is a wonderful fragrance. It becomes sweet after a while. I will definetely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2004 3:26:00 PM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I smelled this at the fragrance counter, I was pleasantly surprised. This a very sexy fragrance. I really like amber, so maybe that's what's doing it for me. I love the bottle and I am strongly considering buying this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2004 8:40:00 AM More reviews by thatmoody

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A saleswoman at Norstrom's in Orlando decanted a sample of this for me to try, but when I first tried it, I was suffering from a bad case of nose fatigue, and just couldn't bear to try another fragrance.

So yesterday I was heading over to Orlando to teach, and decided to put some of the sample on in the car. The notes are supposed to be mainly gardenia and amber, and I do get that, but there is also something more woody underneath that. The top notes had a bit too much aldehyde or other nose-tickling attributes, but the drydown was nice, if not really that special.

I'm not really a raving Versace fan in the first place; the packaging always seems...weird to me on those "jeans" type fragrances (fun, maybe, but still weird). I think that I will be trying this one out again, and reserving final judgement till then.