September 20, 2014 | 1760 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

This is my HG lip balm. I hate mint but I can see past that. Its super waxy but I find that it makes it stay on the lips longer and acts as a barrier against dry weather.
I but it on before bed and its still there in the morning. Will always repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by mimi1128

I really like the product and i feel like it glides on smoothly and leaves a minty result. I LOVE MINT!!! i find that it not nly hydrates for day but when i put it on and leave it on for night it keeps my lips moist until morning. I really like the product. the packaging i like for it is yellow and i don't usually like yellow on things but on this i do because it brings me jot to put this on and yellow in my opinion is a happy color

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by brimariemac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this lip balm. I've had it for a few years, and it still works the same as it did when I first got it. It really helps my lips, even when they are extremely chapped and dry. It doesn't smell bad, either! For about 3 dollars, you are getting a really good chap stick that is going to last you for a while. The fact that it is all natural is a really big plus, too, so you know that there is nothing that will harm your lips or make the dryness worse. I recommend!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Can't help but feel I'm many years late to the Burt's Bees party, but thought I'd voice my opinion anyway!
I was looking for a natural stick of moisturising lip balm to use on the go - Lush's are pretty good but are only available in tub format. I spotted this in Boots and hoped it would quench my dry weather-beaten lips.
I have mixed feelings about this product - I was expecting the scent to resemble honey (yum!) but turned out to be very strong peppermint (yuck!) - I really dislike the stuff, especially so strong. After application my lips began tingling unpleasantly - having sensitive skin any 'tingly' products tend to hurt and irritate rather than have a pleasant sensation. Fortunately the tingling wears off after 5-10 minutes and it does do a good job of making my lips softer.
Anyone who likes peppermint or minty flavours will love this, but it's not for me - I'll use up the rest of it and find something better!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Miikky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry to post on something so well-known at this point. Just looking to breeze through these first 20 so I can upload my own reviews!

In any event, Burt's Beeswax Lip Balm is my absolute must-have, essential, "can't leave home without it product". Every man should have this small wonder in his pocket at any given time throughout the day. There is no excuse for dry lips when all you have to do is buy this at the counter the next time you're in Walgreens. It's just that simple! This is my favorite chapstick b/c it doesn't leave you all shiny like you just put on your girlfriend's MAC Lipglass. Eww! You barely even feel it on your lips to be honest, but ohh what relief it brings to those little guys. :D

Tips:

Keep an extra one of these pups beside your bed so you can lather those lips before you get some shut-eye. You'll thank yourself in the morning.

If you are man enough to care about the shape of your eyebrows, a dab or two of this stuff on your middle finger & a slight brush-stroke upwards really acts as a low-key brow-set. Weird right? Yeah, I know I am!

Miikky

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Kellitor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to love this product and think that I was treating my lips when I used it. I noticed that if I didn't use it for even a few hours though, my lips seemed to get very upset and dry, and then if I used the balm again, my lips would burn for a few moments and then start to feel "better". I started to use lip butters from B&BW and from Sally's, and I realized that my lips were feeling better whether I constantly applied or not. I stopped using Burt's Bees after that and switched to EOS and Lipbutter, and my lips feel healthier. I wouldn't rank this lip balm any better than the 98 cent crap at the registers in quality. At least those lip balms are priced appropriately.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this lip balm. I'd bought all kinds over the years and none had made me have the discipline to put it on on a regular basis as this one. I put it on last thing at night, right before bed, and in the morning my lips are soft and smooth. I adore the peppermint as well. I have a few stashed around so I'm never without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaJenkins

I love this product as it works really well. I have incredibly dry lips in winter and they chap which is horrible. I've been using blistex products before and although they have worked well, I became concerned about them because they are not 100% natural. I read about how this could be very damaging and cause all kinds of problems (not sure if that is true or not!)
People have raved about this product - and seeing that its 100% natural and fairly cheap (3.69 from Boots, UK) I decided to buy it. I bought the original one and so far I am loving it!
It tingles when you put it on which some people don't like but I find it really refreshing. I does a great job or protecting lips and it lasts ages. It is really moisturising and as it is natural I am not worried about it harming me!
I would really recommend this to anyone with dry/chapped lips who is looking for a natural, super moisturising staple lip blam. I will always re-purchase this!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by spacecowgirlredux

I'll use this if I run out of the Cherry Culture house brand lip balms between orders. The Burt's only seems to work part of the time---sometimes it really dries out my lips and/or makes them peel---but it's the best lip balm that's readily available in my area. It works best if I keep it in my pocket to soften a bit. The peppermint flavor has grown on me; I prefer the scent/flavor of the pink grapefruit one, but it dried out my lips really badly and made me cough (I presume I'm allergic/sensitive to something in it).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by ccarebear344

I keep buying this product even though I have some problems with it. Burt's tends to be dry and waxy, but it is still better than other drugstore lip balms. The Original has a nice minty feel to it. I prefer the Grapefruit which is silkier, but I do use this one frequently as well. I have them stashed all over the place!