April 18, 2014 | 1593 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 6:57:00 AM More reviews by zombiestar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I disagree with the statement that Chanel no5 can only be worn by older women. I have been wearing it since I was 17 and I still love it! People always comment on how nice I smell, and this perfume is really MY smell. It is quite expensive, but this exquisite scent is totally worth the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by mehndi786

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I too wanted to be classic and elegant wearing this, but I feel a bit sickly instead. It is a pleasant scent once it starts to wear off but despite spraying sparingly it's just too strong and the aldehydes very..chemical.. rather than alluring. Disappointed, hope it'll suit my skin one day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by mushymamma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to laugh as I read all of the negative reviews on this legendary scent. There was a time when I was younger (in my early 20's let's say), and I, too, could not get a handle on it and could not wear it. It was a little too much of everything, and seemed to wear me instead of the other way around. It was strong, it was potent, it screamed from the mountain tops. It was sharp and shrill and sour and suffocatingly powdery all at the same time. Oh, what a difference a couple of decades make, however! I'm chuckling softly to myself, "Ah, yes, dear girls. Wait and see. Wait and see," because, let me tell you body chemistry makes ALL the difference. These days, I'm hard pressed to find a scent that is more beautiful on my skin than the fabulous Mme. No. 5. Believe me when I say that IT. IS. DEVASTATING. ON. MY. SKIN. Truly glorious. Roses and jasmine cream--with a little bit of vanilla or something sweet to beguile you. It's the one scent that literally everyone in my family asks me to wear (both children, husband, even the textbook "blunt" mother-in-law, I kid you not). They all go crazy for it. "You should wear that ALL the time. It's yummy." Which is funny, because it's not even my favorite perfume. I tend to be drawn to more androgynous scents--those with vetiver, citrus, wood, incense--"quirky" things that appeal to me on a more cerebral level, and that are generally not so appealing to the masses. However, I can appreciate the appeal of No. 5--and why it makes people want to hug me. Something in it just "clicks" and it seems to come from my pores--like my heart is reaching through my epidermis and pulling them into a warm embrace. I'm not even sure what possessed me to give it a whirl again other than I believe someone sent me some as an extra in a swap. I cannot walk away from it now, however. To all of you naysayers I urge you to give it time. If it chooses you (believe me, you will know if it does), there are very sweet rewards coming your way. :) ♥

26 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by PolkaDotGlam

This product makes me think of my mom as it is her favorite fragrance - elegant and timeless. Perfect cool weather fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Mhyzon

Classic and oh so sophisticated. I remember my grandmother wearing this, how great she smelled! no. 5 is timeless and elegant.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This isn't as terrible as some people make it out it be. I don't like powdery scents and this, while light, is heavy on the powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by mikalotus

Chanel No. 5 is truly a classic, I think that this kind of perfume corresponds more to mature ladies, I'm eighteen and I certainly do not see myself putting on Chanel n5, the smell is just too sophisticated. I know its smell because it was for a long time my mother's scent, and it smelled great on her! I think that all women who puts on Chanel n5, exudes class and few perfumes can do that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by aStarlitSea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I finally got to smell this the other day when my mom picked it up for herself. This is the epitome of class to me - i took one whiff and thought instantly of old hollywood and glamorous women. This can be a little overwhelming at first so be careful with initial application but it mellows after about 5 minutes into a lovely classic floral with a yummy powdery smell, i can smell the sandlewood i think in the base too. It smells really great on my mom but i don't think this is a smell for me right now, i feel a bit young for this personally, almost unworthy lol but i can see how it could smell great on someone else my age or on me in the future. Highly recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2010 8:35:00 AM More reviews by hippiepippie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

To my utterly HUGE disappointment, this scent just doesn't work on my skin. The smell turns out somewhat flowery, but most really, really SOAPY. I am very disappointed 'cause I had imagined this to be mine "THE perfume" .. but I'll manage. Will not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I put this on around noon, almost 9 hours later I can still smell faint tones. I don't love it. I spritzed it at the perfume counter, since I've always wanted to see what the fuss was about, I'm glad I didn't buy it. It smells "old lady" to me. I don't mean creepy old lady with the cat hair sweater, but a dignified, sophisticated lady, the kind of lady that I may be in 30 more years, but am certainly not today. It's a nice fragrance, but it's too old for me, and I'm almost 40.