April 19, 2014 | 1714 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by whatever1399

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this primer a week a go ($20) at Ulta and was so excited to use it based on all the great reviews! I am a student, so I'm in a constant rush to look good quickly for a very long time. I heard loads of people rave and rave and rave about how great this stuff is and that it made their eye makeup last until 16 hours!

A bit of background on my skin: I have combination oily skin (not terribly oily but I do need to blot at lunchtime). I've never had awfully oily skin/eyelids, but my eye makeup would always crease no matter what I did.

In comes UDPP. I bought it at Ulta in the little squeezy tube packaging which I love- it's adorable and hygienic and not wasteful. It was $20, but what can you do?

A little goes a long way, so I don't need very much, and the original color is mostly colorless but nude enough to slightly cancel out veins/discoloration. It takes a bit of working in to blend, but nothing too bad. I find it's slightly sticky but doesn't make it difficult to blend shadows.

So when I tried it out for the first time, I put on the primer and then my makeup at 7am, went out into the 70*/80* weather, and got home at about 4 pm. I looked into the mirror, expecting to see my makeup looking fresh and gorgeous... It was not. Don't get me wrong, it didn't look horrendous, but there was still some slight creasing and fading. It looked better than without a primer, but it was a magical heavenly experience.

I kept using it throughout the week, and some days it would look beautiful and it would be nearly 5 pm and my eye makeup would be near flawless, and some days it was utter sh*t: fading and creasing galore.

Overall, it hasn't worked for me so far. I'm going to keep using it to see if it might be a problem with my application or what, but it wasn't a beautiful holy grail descending from the heavens type of experience.

I think this product is way hyped up for an eye primer. If my bottle got lost or broken, I wouldn't buy it again and would probably go for something different (maybe TSFI)

I will keep using it and may update later. So far, it's kind of an average product for me.

**UPDATE**
After trying a new application method for a few days, I ran back to UDPP, begged for forgiveness saying "it wasn't you, it was me."

It's true, it was my fault. I thought it just didn't work for me. I spent some more time researching application methods (I have the squeezy tube), I started to squeeze out only the size of a grain of rice, dab it between my 2 fingers, and then spread it on my eye.

Voila! It was magnificent. It helped my eye shadow stay up for 10 hours in 90* heat! That's what I call worth the hype!

Before you right off this product as a bad product, examine your application methods, and other products used. You may be applying to little (as was the case with me) or too much of the primer, or you could just be using crappy eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Sunflowergo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a seriously amazing product. I have the world's oiliest eyelids, so was very sceptical. But after reading such fantastic reviews, I decided to try it for myself. Prior to this my eye make up would last around an hour before slipping off, but with this it lasts all day. I am SO impressed.

It has a light brown, matte consistency, and didn't irritate my eyes at all. It got in my eyelashes a bit, but the colour soon disappeared when I applied mascara. The packaging is cute and nice and small, which would make it handy when travelling. The price may seem excessive for the size (£15 in the UK), but I really think it's worth it considering the effects. I do think it makes eye shadows appear slightly more vibrant too.

Definitely something I'd purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have lids that bounce between oily & dry depending on the time of month. This eye primer really helps keep my shadow & liner in place regardless of whether my lids are dry or oily. I even place a swipe under my eyes to help my lower liner last longer. I have sensitive skin with rosacea but haven't experienced any irritation at all. I get a good 12 hours of wear before shadows begin to fade, but there is no creasing what-so-ever when I use this primer. I love it and would like to have some of the other colors available, so far I've only used the original one.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by erincollard

I have oily eyelids and this made virtually no difference. I tried it with and without powder, foundation, and setting spray. I finally did one eye with it, one eye without it and returned my tube to Ulta and got my money back when the sales clerk couldn't tell which eye I used it on. To be honest, I've found NOTHING that will set my eye makeup and now I've added this to that list.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by viviansweethart

I bought this because this seems to be in every girl's makeup bag. I do think it works but I dont know how well it works. I haven't done a comparison with and without UDPP. A tip is if you go to nordstrom rack, you can get this in the original packaging for $10 compared to at Sephora for $20

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by shamuball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

ok there are already a gazillion reviews for this. i just want to say (1) this was not magic HG for me, but better than LM eye canvas; and (2) the plastic bottle BREAKS if it falls on hard floor. i knocked mine over by accident + it cracked completely around the bottle so bad there was no way to save it + i had to throw it out :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by ponchohonco

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this primer is a total lifesaver. I have Asian eyes, and my lids are oily as hell which would cause my eye shadow to crease really badly. but with this product my eye shadow stays nice and put for at least a whole day and i'll only find very little to no creasing. if only I discovered this product much sooner, I would have saved myself a lot of bad make-up days at school!! my only con is the price, apparently e.l.f. primer works just as well for only $3, so when I run out of UDPP I may try that as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by oshunblupeepers

love this stuff i tend to have oily eyelids but this stuff is soft n helps the eyeshadow stay on well..in fact i slept in my eyemakeup..i know i know for shame...it was an accident but, anyway my eyeshadow still looked good definitely would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

PROS:
-DEFINITELY prolongs the wear of your eye shadows! Great for oily lids. My eye shadows stay put all day and they look as good as they did when I put them on.
-I love how they have different versions. They have a shimmery beige version called "Sin" which is gorgeous as well. I like the original version as well though.
-The packaging is adorable. Definitely looks like a potion.

CONS:
-the price is a little high..especially since the ELF eye shadow primer is literally the exact same thing and only costs 3 bucks. I honestly would still be using it if I hadn't discovered the ELF one. If the ELF one just fell off the face of the earth I would go back to using this Urban Decay one in a heartbeat though!
-Hard to get a hold of! I wish Urban Decay was sold in more places. I can only get it online or at my Ulta which is pretty far from where I live.

Overall this is a great product, but if you're on a budget and hate splurging the 18 dollars for it the ELF one is just as excellent. Not bashing the Urban Decay one at all because I still love it very much :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by kristynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I could not live without this primer. It is so smooth and creamy and it really does the biz!