October 25, 2014 | 1302 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2007 12:34:00 PM More reviews by jgorog

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I wasn't very happy with this powder. When first applied it looked pretty chalky and I had as much oil breakthrough as usual. The the real problem came when touching up.. it immediately caked and went splotchy. Not too impressive. Save your money and skip on this ineffective powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2007 5:32:00 AM More reviews by decemberstarlight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great product for me. It's a pressed powder that can be used over foundation, yet it provides its own moderate coverage if I want to use it over just a bit of concealer. I love the finish. Stay suede is a perfect match for my golden skin tone. I don't know why I never use this. I haven't even reached the bottom of the pan. I definitely plan to use this more.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2007 8:27:00 PM More reviews by peachytea

This helps set my makeup and keep oilies at bay without looking too powdery or cakey, and it doesn't break out my sensitive skin. Its possibly to over-apply this and look powdery though, so I have to be careful during touchups.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2007 5:43:00 AM More reviews by starzi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Ths powder can stop oil breaking out on my face. But one of the problems is that it doesn't last long enough, about 2-3 hours I have to reapply. It sorts of make my skin look smoother too. But over-apply would make my face look kinda powdery. But overall, it is a good powder, able to settle my makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2007 11:16:00 AM More reviews by tdp

clinique make up is excellent usually however, i have a real gripe with this one, it simply didnt last long enough! i am very dissappointed! i have since purchased the loose powder which is in and around the same price and has lasted twice the amount of time and it comes with a great little brush which is perfect for your handbag! its a nice product but dosent last at all! go for the loose powder instead!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2007 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Princesska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

May be compared to some drustore powders, this one is an ok powder. But compared to Versace/Chanel Powders this powder provides a much heavier matte finish, and is actually a very visible powder. It feels very dense and and can look very chalky. If have oily or acne-prone skin, this powder simply makes you look like a jolly little clownessa :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by aegrl1717

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! i have extremely oily skin so its hard to find a powder that wont leave me shiny by lunch! but stay matte pressed powder is different..... it leaves your skin flawless and beautifull (ALL day) it is a bit pricey but for people with shine problems it is sooooo worth it! i use it everyday and it has lasted me about a year! i am very impressed.....another wonderful product from clinique!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2007 11:07:00 PM More reviews by ellesah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my HG, but when i discovered MAC Blot Powder (cheaper too!), i only use Stay-Matte to correct my 'bad-match foundation face'.

Pros: Great colour match- NC40, i got 03 Stay beige, sets my mu, lasts quite a long time, more than 7mths of everyday use!

Cons: Green coloured compact, hmmm (me anal? no!)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2007 2:04:00 PM More reviews by maryyelizabeth

I like this powder a lot, and I'd recommend it to anyone with acne prone skin, because this doesn't make your skin break out. This is perfect to wear even without a foundation underneath, because it provides a lot of coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2007 10:12:00 PM More reviews by mistymew28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this product for quite some time and never really thought of it's bad points at the time. it was my first powder and i never looked into anything else for a long time. my mom was just like ok let's get you clinique and i was like ok. but i got sick of the way it didnt help my oil production AT ALL. sure, you got that matte look when you first apply..but like 1 hour later or sooner oil is back. plus it looked so cakey and felt so gross after reapplying 3 times a day. i'm sure it wasnt doing anything great for my skin either since applying it that much would certainly clog up pores..or just cause bacteria. overall, this powder isnt horrible..and i actually didnt mind it for a long time. i just wanted something that would help my oilness more. the packaging is nice, btw. this product is good for non-oily people.