July 28, 2014 | 2016 users online

Blush - NARS - Cream Blush in Penny Lane

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2005 6:12:00 PM More reviews by peachygirl83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BEAUTIFUL nudish petal pink.
It gives you a nice posh look without looking overdone.
My friend complemented me when I wore it for the first time ^^

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2005 10:44:00 PM More reviews by eggtarts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it took a lot of convincing from different people for me to try this. the shade just looked so pale and a bit blah in the pan! i really thought this wouldn't show up on me, especially with my occasionally flushed skin tone. when i finally put it on, however, wow! it's such an innocent dusty pink with really subtle shimmers that lend a beautiful, healthy glow to my skin!

i don't understand why the cream blushes here are more expensive than the powders, but heck, i'm starting to get really addicted to nars blushes so now i'm actually lemming for more! i'm still waiting for the cactus flower to arrive here, so i can't say for now if i will repurchase this. oh no..

EDIT: i'm now in the hunt for a good brush to use this with. i don't seem to like the idea of tugging at my skin when i try to blend the blush, and i'm hoping a brush would help save amount of blush i use each time. i'm also just not comfortable with its consistency.

LATEST UPDATE: argh, i've finally admitted that the shade just seems to be too light for my liking. it's great that it's very buildable, but considering its price, i can't bear that i tend to use a lot before i get the desired color.

one other thing, my skin is naturally flushed (ruddy by mid-day) so penny lane disappears underneath and doesn't blend with my natural redness. definitely not repurchasing this shade, but getting lokoum (plus other shades maybe, hehe). yeyy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2005 1:49:00 AM More reviews by tomsgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Together with NARS' Cactus Flower, this new color might reach cult status. It is a pinker cream version of Orgasm. Not as 'drab' and gothic as NARS' Sin, but truly a gentle pink with a hint of peach and just enough color to make cheeks look blushed and dewy. For more drama and shine, Cactus Flower is the better choice. I have both colors in my makeup drawer and I love them both - maybe Penny Lane for daytime and Cactus Flower for nights? There are times when I need more pink in my cheeks and times when I need more peach. These 2 colors are just perfect and absolutely complement each other.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2005 5:02:00 PM More reviews by dakgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Way too creamy. It sank into my pores, which left me looking like I had tiny pink dots on my cheeks, instead of a nice blush. I have oily skin and have used cream blushes before with a lot of success (I've given up fighting the oil, I just go with it now and creamy things look better on me if I blot as the day goes on instead of using powder with makes me look like cake-puss at the end of the day) Stila Convertible Color is a better product, as is Lancome Blush Focus, both of which don't settle into pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2005 10:45:00 AM More reviews by goodlaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Part of my almost daily regimen now, Penny Lane is the blush I reach for after I apply Laguna from my ears to mid-cheek....it goes right on the applies to make me seem rosier and healthier. Great cream consistency, doesn't stay in the pores, blends beautifully. For me, a must have in my cosmetic wardrobe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2005 4:43:00 AM More reviews by trempot

Bought this on one rare occasion of a NARS sale. I thought this was gonna be a ho-hum blush because of its very light color in the pan and its cream consistency (I didn't think it would last long on me). But no! Penny Lane proved me wrong as the sheer pink color looked divine on my cheeks and stayed long during a whole day at work. It's very buildable and has such a pretty color that I couldn't stop reapplying and admiring it as the day wore on. It's wonderful! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2005 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Bother

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is such a gorgeous colour that suits my pale complexion.
It glides on perfectly and gives a nice finish.
My one gripe is that it doesn't last long enough.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2005 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Bonnie2842

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Penny Lane applies on my LLL complexion as a light rose with nude/brown tones and glowy silver shimmer. I like how it doesn't emphasize my rosy cheeks, and looks completely natural. It goes on slightly creamy, but has a matte finish. It's easy to blend on my dry skin. Lasting power isn't the best though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2005 7:37:00 PM More reviews by khadijah

I would give this 4.5 if I could.
Bright colors look garish on me so Penny Lane is perfect. It may not be so unique, but it gives me that innocent pink cheeks that is subtle and natural. I love it because it looks very natural and polished. I took one lippie off because it didnt last very long.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2005 10:07:00 PM More reviews by carrotlicious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This blush is absolutely perfect. It's my first Nars - it hadn't even occurred to me to consider this one when I was comparing them on sephora.com, but I went to nordstrom's this morning, and it's lucky I did, because this blush was the most beautiful by far of all the ones I tried on. A very very subtle natural flush, perfectly suited to my extremely fair skin, and, as a million others have noted, oh-so buildable. I recommend this so enthusiastically to anyone looking for the perfect natural blush, because that is exactly what it is. also, it's cheaper at nordstrom's.