July 31, 2014 | 1495 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2007 10:57:00 PM More reviews by kristina_145

I love Cleanance K! My skin has improved dramatically since using this as a make up base. My skintone is more even and i don't get as many blemishes. It is also fantastic for drying out annoying pimples. It contains AHA's and BHA's which work to exfoliate the skin chemically. It is a staple in my skin care routine. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2007 9:28:00 PM More reviews by luvactuallyisallarnd

I just bought this last week, but so far I am not seeing any difference. Though, I do notice more acne in places I never get it, like my chin and above my right eyebrow. This product does contain Glycolic Acid which is supposed to help acne scars fade away, but my acne scars are still red and obvious. I also don't feel any stinging, like many others have said they had. Anyway, I will be giving this product a few more days and if my skin worsens I will be returning it. Also, another thing this product is greasy.
EDIT: I have now been using Cleanance K for 3 week. I am beginning to love it! I noticed that some of my acne scars are gradually fading away. Also the zits on my chin are almost gone! I use this product more as a spot treatment than a moisturizer because I don't like the sticky greasy feeling it leaves on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2007 11:28:00 PM More reviews by princess_jazz

I love this product! I tried Avene as we sell it at my work and I had always wanted to try it, and we had a ton of samples so I figured I should give the whole range a go. I have normal/combination skin..I dont break out but I get the occasional spot, and have an oily t-zone. Cleanance K does have a slight burn if it comes into contact with an open blemish, but I actually like it, its not a painful feeling at all. It makes me think its working! It feels like it tightens my pores up and smoothes out my skin. I use it underneath Hydrance light moisturiser, as I consider Cleanance K to be more like a treatment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2007 10:28:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

stings like HELL! and Im not even all that sensitive. Ok, ok - it stings on an open blemish, not on the smooth parts of my face. Ive been using it a week, but have been using it with Ystheal gel as well, and my forehead and chin have improved. My right cheek is still a mess (I dont sleep on that side either, I dont get it. the left side has cleared up though), but I guess it will just take time. Once I use up the tube and the ystheal gel tube, I will try the diacneal, just to save a step (and save money). Anyway, the consistency is a gel, absorbs ok, though after it dries, its still slightly tacky. you dont need a whole lot of it either. I will update later if it clears up my right cheek! but so far so good on the rest of my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2006 6:52:00 AM More reviews by marytylermoore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nothing shrinks a pimple like this. I don't use it as a moisturiser, but as a spot treatment product. It is tremendously effective, even though it contains BHA/salicylic acid that seems to have no effect on me.

Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2006 5:29:00 PM More reviews by gem15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING!!! So far it's the only moisturizer that actually cleared my face noticeably!! I used it for about two weeks so far and by the end of the first week, my skin started getting way better. I only have mild acne, but it explodes all over during the time of the month. This time however, I got no blemishes at all! I definitely think that it's this product that has affected my skin because my diet is still exactly the same. After two weeks, my skin is now almost perfectly clear; it's healthier and more luminescent. Also the texture is much softer and i have a more equal skin tone. Overall i think that this product is an absolute miracle. Also, the price isn't to bad! I got it for $28 CDN. It isn't dirt chip but i think it's a reasonable pricing for such a good product! Iím definitely going to repurchase this unless it magically makes me break out any time soon...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2006 9:58:00 AM More reviews by aerosmithkat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this is in the a.m. as a treatment before my moisturizer. It stings a bit initially but it goes away after a minute or so. It helps slightly with oil control, and i don't find the tacky feel to be a problem after i use my moisture and sunscreen. It does help keep my skin clearer and helps fade marks i get from acne. I don't think it's done much for scars but it's only been a few months since i've been using it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2006 6:44:00 AM More reviews by sn0wing

This burns my face and i use it as a pimple cream. It works well in bringing down the swell but other than that, it burns and the area turns red for several days.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2006 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Lisa_Marie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cleared up a few spots for me in less than a week and made my skin look fresh. Plus it is not irritating. Only downside is the smell. Reminds me of a cheap men's cologne from the 80s.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2006 12:20:00 AM More reviews by emmsna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well I bought this ages ago and never really liked it due to the greasy sensation it left on the skin. And it seamed to make things worse not better.
Anyway I picked it up again a month or so ago because I was running out of my regular and I wanted to use the AHA/BHA combo.
I CHANGED my application of it and this has made all the difference! I now love this product and use it twice a day - even under make-up.
I think the trick is to use a very small amount (less than a pea) and rub it right in. Within a few minutes it is completely absorbed and I put my foundation on top with no problems and no balling.
I can tell when I've put a little too much of this on because I do get a little oily but if I put the right amount on it's perfect!!!
The AHA/BHA's in this work great and my skin is looking clear and even toned whereas before it was blotchy and pimply.
Yay for Cleanance K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. Any one know the acid's percentages??