Avene Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

Avene  Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Avene Thermal Spring Water - Cyclomethicone - Water - Gylcolic Acid - Propylene Glycol - Glycerine - Polyacrylamide - Lactic Acid - Polymethyl Methacrylate - Sodium Hydroxide - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Disodium Phosphate - Bisabolol - Citric Acid - Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil - Dimethiconol - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Laureth-7 - Polysorbate 20 - Salicylic Acid - Zinc Gluconate

I really like that this goes on almost like a primer, very smooth. Helps to keep black heads and breakouts at bay. My only complaint is that it balls up under makeup. I use this is the morning and Diacnéal at night. I may have to rethink my routine because of the balling. Until I find something better, however, I would repurchase.

on 4/23/2007 6:28:00 AM

Usually, Cleanance K clears up blackheads on my chin in 1 night. It doesn't work as well on my nose and cheeks for some reason - they take a few more nights, but I can't use it consecutively for more than 2 nights or it dries out my skin. Bummer! So I give my skin a break every 3rd night. It's also quite good at drying out blemsishes, needless to say it leaves me with flakey skin, but unfortunately it doesn't prevent the blemishes. This product has loads of silicones and is really smooth and silky to apply, but also balls up easily if you apply anything on top or just rub it once dry. I do think it's pretty effective, but for those who are sensitive, remember to apply a rich moisturizer to prevent flakiness. Comes in a handy and hygienic tube with twist-off cap.

on 3/16/2007 9:52:00 PM

First of all, this is NOT a moisturizer, its a treatment. Silly that its under here. Anyways, I have on a good day, normal-dry skin, but small blackheads in my t-zone. I started using this product for about 3 days from a tester and loved it so much, I bought the whole thing on day 4. I have most DEFINATLY noticed my complexion brighter (us dry skin ladies often look dull), skin smoother and blackheads lessoning up. I have a slight scar from a zit that I picked at (shame on me) and haven't noticed a change, however, like I said, I'm only on day 4 and its done AMAZING things in that little time. I use it at night underneath my moisturizer and wake up with glowing skin. Highly recommened. Oh and I do NOT notice a sting like some others do.

on 2/18/2007 10:57:00 PM

I love Cleanance K! My skin has improved dramatically since using this as a make up base. My skintone is more even and i don't get as many blemishes. It is also fantastic for drying out annoying pimples. It contains AHA's and BHA's which work to exfoliate the skin chemically. It is a staple in my skin care routine. :)

I just bought this last week, but so far I am not seeing any difference. Though, I do notice more acne in places I never get it, like my chin and above my right eyebrow. This product does contain Glycolic Acid which is supposed to help acne scars fade away, but my acne scars are still red and obvious. I also don't feel any stinging, like many others have said they had. Anyway, I will be giving this product a few more days and if my skin worsens I will be returning it. Also, another thing this product is greasy.
EDIT: I have now been using Cleanance K for 3 week. I am beginning to love it! I noticed that some of my acne scars are gradually fading away. Also the zits on my chin are almost gone! I use this product more as a spot treatment than a moisturizer because I don't like the sticky greasy feeling it leaves on my face.

on 1/29/2007 11:28:00 PM

I love this product! I tried Avene as we sell it at my work and I had always wanted to try it, and we had a ton of samples so I figured I should give the whole range a go. I have normal/combination skin..I dont break out but I get the occasional spot, and have an oily t-zone. Cleanance K does have a slight burn if it comes into contact with an open blemish, but I actually like it, its not a painful feeling at all. It makes me think its working! It feels like it tightens my pores up and smoothes out my skin. I use it underneath Hydrance light moisturiser, as I consider Cleanance K to be more like a treatment.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

stings like HELL! and Im not even all that sensitive. Ok, ok - it stings on an open blemish, not on the smooth parts of my face. Ive been using it a week, but have been using it with Ystheal gel as well, and my forehead and chin have improved. My right cheek is still a mess (I dont sleep on that side either, I dont get it. the left side has cleared up though), but I guess it will just take time. Once I use up the tube and the ystheal gel tube, I will try the diacneal, just to save a step (and save money). Anyway, the consistency is a gel, absorbs ok, though after it dries, its still slightly tacky. you dont need a whole lot of it either. I will update later if it clears up my right cheek! but so far so good on the rest of my face.

Nothing shrinks a pimple like this. I don't use it as a moisturiser, but as a spot treatment product. It is tremendously effective, even though it contains BHA/salicylic acid that seems to have no effect on me.

Try it!

on 11/21/2006 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

AMAZING!!! So far it's the only moisturizer that actually cleared my face noticeably!! I used it for about two weeks so far and by the end of the first week, my skin started getting way better. I only have mild acne, but it explodes all over during the time of the month. This time however, I got no blemishes at all! I definitely think that it's this product that has affected my skin because my diet is still exactly the same. After two weeks, my skin is now almost perfectly clear; it's healthier and more luminescent. Also the texture is much softer and i have a more equal skin tone. Overall i think that this product is an absolute miracle. Also, the price isn't to bad! I got it for $28 CDN. It isn't dirt chip but i think it's a reasonable pricing for such a good product! I’m definitely going to repurchase this unless it magically makes me break out any time soon...

on 11/20/2006 9:58:00 AM

I use this is in the a.m. as a treatment before my moisturizer. It stings a bit initially but it goes away after a minute or so. It helps slightly with oil control, and i don't find the tacky feel to be a problem after i use my moisture and sunscreen. It does help keep my skin clearer and helps fade marks i get from acne. I don't think it's done much for scars but it's only been a few months since i've been using it.

Popular Treatments (Face)