Shiseido Facial Cotton

4.8

on 8/29/2005 3:53:00 AM

I didn't even know my mom had this, but I was looking for cotton balls and saw a small, tissue-sized package of Shiseido's facial cotton in the cabinet. I wondered if this was the same product with perfect reviews that I saw here at MUA a while back, and the minute I used it, I knew it was. Everything that people have been saying about this product is true. I cut the cotton in half because there were only a few left in the package and I was only trying it anyway. I used it to remove my eye makeup and it was wonderful. Very smooth, left absolutely no lint, and took off my makeup cleanly without harsh rubbing. I am in love. :)

on 8/24/2005 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an HG product for me! I have very sensitive skin, and though this may sound weird to some, cheaper cotton rounds have actually been sharp and abraisive to my skin --not to mention the fact that they saturate too easily and fall apart! When I first started using the Shiseido cotton I paid $6.00 which I could barely believe. Now I think we're up to $7.50 a bag --eek! However, I really can't live without this, and because the cotton pads are rather large, absorbant, and don't saturate easily, I use half of the pad to apply my toner in the morning, and the other half for the evening, stretching my dollar as much as possible!

on 7/25/2005 12:52:00 PM

What can I say that hasn't been said already? Just wanted to add another rave rating to this lovely product.

on 7/21/2005 11:38:00 AM

I know...it's just cotton pads right? Why pay so much? Well, not all cotton pads are the same...I swear! Shiseido's are silky soft and are perfect for applying toner or removing makeup because they don't shred or leave behind annoying cotton bits. They're also superior to DHC's cotton because they don't have that silly sharp and poky crimped edge giving you more smooth surface area on the pad. I also sometimes buy similar cotton pads from the Japanese market (they're rainbow colored and cheaper and do almost as good a job), but when I can't get to the market, these are great. I forget how many come in a package, but they last quite a long time, and you usually don't need to use more the 1 or 2 since they're so good at holding onto the perfect amount of product (not too much and not too little).

on 7/20/2005 2:32:00 AM

the BEST facial cotton.. holds toner/nail polish remover/eye makeup remover very well...sans lint. ;p definite staple of mine ;p

on 7/18/2005 2:15:00 AM

These are not really a splurge, but a necessity! A pack of 100 cotton rounds at my co-op is $3.49, 300-pack of horrible, linty ones at Walgreen's is $3.99- these are $7.50 for what looks to be 200 squares that can easily be cut in half and still be big enough. I was using so much of my toner before and leaving fuzz on my face that I'd started spraying it on, which I don't really like. I'd spray about 5 times to feel like I'd covered my face. Now I spray the cotton, which isn't as absorbant as others, 3 times and wipe- I'm saving on what really matters, my product. These feel, look, and perform better, and save money, so I'll never use others again. Feels like a luxury, but thrifty when you think about it! Perfect

on 6/29/2005 6:34:00 PM

Seems like such a weird thing to splurge on-it is, after all, just cotton- but these are truly unique. They do not leave lint behind on the face (important to a guy who has stubble) and they are not very absorbent, so they do not waste your toner (i.e. the toner ends up on your skin, not in the pad) like cheaper ones. The bag mine came in is horrible-you have to cut it open and empty the cotton out into another container. I really think Shiseido should have come up with a reseable bag, or plastic canister (think Pringles Chips) at this price. The price is not insane, but pretty high for just cotton.

on 6/13/2005 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

At $7.50 a pack, this is not cheap. However, this does not soak up my toner or cleanser, so I think I am saving in the long run. Lint-free, great texture. I usually cut them in half. The packaging is sub-standard for a Shiseido product - why not a resealable bag? For now, I'll keep mine in a ziploc bag. Definitely a keeper.

It feels so nice on your skin and when you try to remove your makeup, there is no lint that stays behind afterwards. I think it is definitely worth the 7 dollars. After buying this facial cotton, I can't go back to the drugstore brands anymore.

on 4/5/2005 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

These are worth the extra $ for a little luxury, and I only use one where I might use 2 cheaper ones, plus these are never scratchy or linty.

Popular Face Skincare Products