December 18, 2014 | 1747 users online

Skincare - Face - Shiseido - Facial Cotton

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2005 6:34:00 PM More reviews by All_That

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Seems like such a weird thing to splurge on-it is, after all, just cotton- but these are truly unique. They do not leave lint behind on the face (important to a guy who has stubble) and they are not very absorbent, so they do not waste your toner (i.e. the toner ends up on your skin, not in the pad) like cheaper ones. The bag mine came in is horrible-you have to cut it open and empty the cotton out into another container. I really think Shiseido should have come up with a reseable bag, or plastic canister (think Pringles Chips) at this price. The price is not insane, but pretty high for just cotton.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2005 10:15:00 AM More reviews by gloriajk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At $7.50 a pack, this is not cheap. However, this does not soak up my toner or cleanser, so I think I am saving in the long run. Lint-free, great texture. I usually cut them in half. The packaging is sub-standard for a Shiseido product - why not a resealable bag? For now, I'll keep mine in a ziploc bag. Definitely a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2005 11:04:00 AM More reviews by insertcornynamehere

It feels so nice on your skin and when you try to remove your makeup, there is no lint that stays behind afterwards. I think it is definitely worth the 7 dollars. After buying this facial cotton, I can't go back to the drugstore brands anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2005 10:47:00 PM More reviews by ally176

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These are worth the extra $ for a little luxury, and I only use one where I might use 2 cheaper ones, plus these are never scratchy or linty.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2005 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Jenn_S

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know these cotton pads are a bit pricey but its worth it! Esp. for delicate skin around your eyes. What I do (to save costs) is split the cotton pad in half. They're pretty plush/thick so even after you split it, it works really well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2004 1:31:00 AM More reviews by snowpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only bought this product because I was short for a GWP. I was shocked I spent $8cad for cotton squares! Well, I first tried this for eye makeup removal, and I loved it! It was so soft. Other cheap cotton pads hurt my eyes, to the point that I hated wearing mascara and eyeliner because I hated the removal. These cotton pads are very silky. However, whether I repurchase or not is another question. They are very pricey, and the only way I see myself repurchasing again is if I'm short for a GWP again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2004 1:18:00 AM More reviews by vicki1234

This is the only type of cotton pad I use to remove eye makeup. It is the best and so soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2004 8:56:00 PM More reviews by ihatespumoni

These are the best cotton pads in the whole world. I got these long ago as a GWP and didn't use them because they looked so pretty (light and dark pink squares) - I'm a nut - I know. Anyway, then one day I ran out of cotton pads and decided to use these. I can't believe I waited so long. I've really been missing out. They are SO soft and completely lint free. I use them to remove eye makeup. So gentle on the eyes, no sharp edges, and just simply feel like heaven, lol. I love these. I now see that not all cotton pads are created equal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2004 3:01:00 PM More reviews by mrskish1014

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this cotton from a helpful Sephora sales girl in my pre-wedding binge. Honestly, it sat on my shelf for a few months, until I ran out of regular cotton. After I used it one night, I can't believe I let it sit unused for so long! This stuff is truly lint-free and works wonders at removing mascara when paired with Joey New York eye makeup remover. The price isn't really that expensive considering that the package is very large. I will buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2004 5:22:00 PM More reviews by fiery

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I gave this cotton a great rating, but I don't think I would get it again, as $7 does seem a bit over-the-top for cotton. I did tear the sheets in half, so you get twice as much use out of them; they aren't that absorbent, so most of the product does not get absorbed in the cotton. But for under $3, I can get similar cotton pads at Walgreen's and I've torn those in half too, so it all depends on what your budget is.