Shiseido Facial Cotton

4.7

on 11/6/2005 12:31:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I, too, thought that a cotton pad is a cotton pad is a cotton pad. Then I starting getting REALLY sick and tired of picking all the lint off of my face and lashes. Also, the drugstore pads I was buying would occassionally have rough pieces w/in the pad (therefore scratching my face) and they'd fall apart pretty easily. Like everyone else said, I had to douse the things in my toner and makeup remover for effectiveness, too. Anyway, it was either Facial Cotton or DHC's similar product, Silky Cotton, and since Shiseido is easier to get a hold of, I opted for Facial Cotton. No regrets here and they're worth every penny: soft, no lint, and you don't waste your toner or makeup remover using them. I don't even mind the packaging b/c I hoard pretty boxes and containers and just put the pads in there. In fact, I kind of like that they just sell what looks like a refill package. A definite repurchase!Update 1/14/07: I found a cheaper alternative to these cotton pads at the Japanese grocery store I go to. Had to knock the rating down a bit. continued >>

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

There isn't much more I can add. i can use one pad to remove makeup from both of my eyes, or nail polish from five fingers, whereas I'd probably use three or four otherwise. They don't feel harsh on my face like the textured drugstore ones, and there is no lint all over the place like with cotton balls. My sister thinks I'm crazy for spending so much on cotton, but she loves these things too!

on 9/24/2005 12:12:00 PM

This is a bit pricey, but when you cut them in half, their really is quite a few in the pack. It also helps to use less product, so in the end you probably save. It is nice and soft on the skin. I will purchase again.

on 9/17/2005 8:23:00 AM

Why did I wait so LONG? When I used to work right beside Shiseido, I always thought, why in the world would you spend $7, $8 on cotton? I was perfectly happy using the $2 bags from Wal Mart or SDM, but when I came across the reviews for this, I noticed that yes, my cheap cotton WAS pulling at my eyes, I was using TONS of product (and my $30 BiFacil is a little too precious to just get soaked up into a cotton pad), so okay, let's give it a go. It looks like the package of Shiseido contains a lot, after all, and if I do cut it in half, well then, even better. Am I just the happiest eye-makeup-remover-er now! This doesn't lint up, tug, or soak in product at all! The only thing I don't like is the crappy packaging, but it doesn't bother me enough to take off a lippie - it just gets transferred to a canister or a Ziplock bag. This will be a constant repurchase. continued >>

on 8/29/2005 3:53:00 AM

I didn't even know my mom had this, but I was looking for cotton balls and saw a small, tissue-sized package of Shiseido's facial cotton in the cabinet. I wondered if this was the same product with perfect reviews that I saw here at MUA a while back, and the minute I used it, I knew it was. Everything that people have been saying about this product is true. I cut the cotton in half because there were only a few left in the package and I was only trying it anyway. I used it to remove my eye makeup and it was wonderful. Very smooth, left absolutely no lint, and took off my makeup cleanly without harsh rubbing. I am in love. :)

on 8/24/2005 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an HG product for me! I have very sensitive skin, and though this may sound weird to some, cheaper cotton rounds have actually been sharp and abraisive to my skin --not to mention the fact that they saturate too easily and fall apart! When I first started using the Shiseido cotton I paid $6.00 which I could barely believe. Now I think we're up to $7.50 a bag --eek! However, I really can't live without this, and because the cotton pads are rather large, absorbant, and don't saturate easily, I use half of the pad to apply my toner in the morning, and the other half for the evening, stretching my dollar as much as possible!

on 7/25/2005 12:52:00 PM

What can I say that hasn't been said already? Just wanted to add another rave rating to this lovely product.

on 7/21/2005 11:38:00 AM

I know...it's just cotton pads right? Why pay so much? Well, not all cotton pads are the same...I swear! Shiseido's are silky soft and are perfect for applying toner or removing makeup because they don't shred or leave behind annoying cotton bits. They're also superior to DHC's cotton because they don't have that silly sharp and poky crimped edge giving you more smooth surface area on the pad. I also sometimes buy similar cotton pads from the Japanese market (they're rainbow colored and cheaper and do almost as good a job), but when I can't get to the market, these are great. I forget how many come in a package, but they last quite a long time, and you usually don't need to use more the 1 or 2 since they're so good at holding onto the perfect amount of product (not too much and not too little).

on 7/20/2005 2:32:00 AM

the BEST facial cotton.. holds toner/nail polish remover/eye makeup remover very well...sans lint. ;p definite staple of mine ;p

on 7/18/2005 2:15:00 AM

These are not really a splurge, but a necessity! A pack of 100 cotton rounds at my co-op is $3.49, 300-pack of horrible, linty ones at Walgreen's is $3.99- these are $7.50 for what looks to be 200 squares that can easily be cut in half and still be big enough. I was using so much of my toner before and leaving fuzz on my face that I'd started spraying it on, which I don't really like. I'd spray about 5 times to feel like I'd covered my face. Now I spray the cotton, which isn't as absorbant as others, 3 times and wipe- I'm saving on what really matters, my product. These feel, look, and perform better, and save money, so I'll never use others again. Feels like a luxury, but thrifty when you think about it! Perfect

Popular Face Skincare Products