MAC Up The Amp

4.7

on 10/19/2009 9:20:00 PM

I've been wanting this for a long time, and since MAC is offering free shipping this week (and last), I ordered it. I am not dissapointed. Something about this color looks really good on me, even though I normally like a nude or pinky-brown mouth. I get compliments just about every time I wear it. For the record I have ash blonde hair, medium skin and am a well preserved 55 year old. It is exceptional with Spring Green luster gloss over it.

on 10/11/2009 1:32:00 PM

I love this lipstick! It's one of my favorite MAC lipsticks and I own lots of them. I see lots of reviews saying it looks great on darker or tanned skin. I am fair with cool undertones and I think it suits me. Don't be afraid to try this color if you're fair. It's not an over the top color, even though it's a lavender shade. It's rather versatile when it's on the lips as it takes on a bit more of a pinkish tone on pigmented lips. It's a color that is different, yet not so much as to make it unwearable. I find it very wearable and have been reaching for it whenever I can. The staying power is very good. This is a good lipstick to wear in photos if you want to look fresh faced and up to date with the purple trend that is in fashion right now. I have other MAC purple and lavender lipsticks, such as Saint Germain, Lavender Whip and Violetta. I find Up the Amp more wearable than any of these and I like it as much as I like Violetta, which is also a stunning purple from MAC. Overall, I cannot recommend Up the Amp highly enough.

on 10/9/2009 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Love it!! I made sure to buy two.

on 9/1/2009 5:24:00 PM

Holy freaking moley. This color, I was afraid, would be too bold considering that it was this deep lavender. But NOPE! It didn't even come off as overbearing. It has strong staying power, and it's perfect for those with a tan skin tone like me =].

on 8/30/2009 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

My first MAC lipstick. My mother complained that all I ever wear is pink so she suggested I pick this up while we were in the MAC store. It looks great on my pale skin. It's a tad drying, but not bad.

on 8/25/2009 3:25:00 PM

This is my favorite lipstick. I love the color, the texture, AND the stay-power. I rarely wear this shade on it's own unless I'm going for a really intense look. My favorite gloss to wear over UTA is Cultured... but I also enjoy lighter frosty pink's, and matte pink's as well. I just find layering it adds dimension and makes it a more wearable color for an everyday look.

on 8/13/2009 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Such a fun lavendar/purple color! Pair with Magenta liner from MAC. Great for the nighttime/non-work hours. It is so unique and the amplified cream formula is very long wearing and feels light as a feather. I am NC43 and was worried it would be too much but the MUA convinced me to try it. Looks great with winged eyeliner.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I wish I knew about this color sooner! Usually I stick to the nude or pinky mauve colors, but when lavender whip cremesheen came out I wanted to get a backup from MAC since I really liked it. Unfortunately since it was LE, it was sold out. I was kind of disappointed but one of the MA's recommended me Up the Amp since it has lavender violet based as well but with more of a vibrant payoff. I was hesitant at first since I've always stuck to Lustre finishes. I had to admit from the tube, the lippy looked really intense, but when I tried it on I was sold on it. It totally worked well with my C35 skintone. A nice shade of violet pink on my lips. Great when topped with a lipglass. Definitely would buy again once I run out!

on 7/28/2009 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I think that because I am loving pink lippies a lot more these days, I naturally gravitated towards Up the Amp, a color I have been avoiding for a LONG time. WHen I tried it on the other day, I thought it looked fabulous. I paired it with fantabulous dazzleglass. Definitely not a look for the shy, or for everyday, but a fun lippie indeed. I can see myself wearing this on nights out or with the right outfit. Love it on my nc42 skin, pretty flattering, even with the cooler tone/hints of purple

on 7/19/2009 9:14:00 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this lipstick!! It goes on very smooth and looks great with my pale complextion. I use mac eclectic edge lipglass on top for a little bit of a glossier look. Pretty cheap compared to lancome and chanel lipstick! Would def repurchase if I ran out.

Popular Lipsticks