September 17, 2014 | 1769 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Up the Amp is a beautiful lavendar/ light purple color. It does not go on sheer, which is great for me. I paired this today with Dazzleglass in Like Venus on top and it was pretty. I never would have chosen this color, but the MA picked this out for me and I love it. Pictures are included.

continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by angelakay016

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this lipstick. It is one of my more sassy colors in my collection that consists mainly of nudes. This is really flattering without being over the top and the color payoff is incredible. You only need a tiny bit. This wears well alone (which is my favorite way to wear it) but it also pairs well with many lipglosses. This one is my go-to color for those days when you feel kinda blah and want to punch things up!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by zeje

This is such a smooth yummy lavenderish purple. When I saw it in the tube I was a bit scared. It glides on so smooth (I love the amplified cremes) and is surprisingly very flattering. I never knew I could work purple. I couldn't see this not working on anyone, it is sooooo pretty and kind of funky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by niclyf

.. MAC's Up the Amp lipstick is a *stunner*! I didn't really think this color would work on my warm skintone (NC42) but this is one lippie that just makes me look polished without being overdone. It's a mid-toned pink with a slight lavendar tone. It's an amplified formula, so it's rich and creamy, applies like a dream and wears fairly long. This lipstick is stunning paired with grey shadow, black liner and a dusting of Coygirl blush. This lippie makes my teeth instantly look about three shades whiter! i adore this lippie!! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 11:54:00 AM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful rich violet pink! Pops but doesn't look garish - a sophisticated, unique bluish pink that really lifts and brightens. Love the amplified creme formula - lasts for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by jenryan82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a beautiful lipstick. It's lavender purple!!!! Oh, I love the way that this lipstick looks and feels on my lips. I usually only have to reapply after I eat which is the same with all lipsticks. It's very creamy and soft. I also don't wear a gloss with this lipstick. I like the color all by itself. This is the best product that I've received from the Back 2 Mac program.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by pretebrowneyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this lippie! I was trepidatious about trying Lavender Whip so I figured this was the next best thing. A wonderful, bold and fun color. As always with MAC Amplified Creme formula, the consistency is smooth, moist, and not cakey. I love it!!! (NC45 for reference)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awesome lipstick! Beautiful fuchsia/lavender shade. The only con about this which made me deduct one lippie, is that I find myself reapplying this several times in the day. It's also somewhat drying on my lips. But I just love this shade so much I choose to overlook that :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by anthea251982

One word, GEORGEOUS. THis is such a lively colour. the most georgeous lipstick ever. even though im a fun of natural colours and generally i go for browns and nudes this really stands out. definately HG and a definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a lipstick colour that was fun and unusual and I remembered a long time ago I had a fuschia lipstick from MAC that had a bit of shimmer (I think it was called Stiletto) and I loved it and it really worked well with my caramel tan skin. I saw a girl with my skin tone wearing Lavender Whip and went to MAC to pick one up but when I swatched Up the Amp I knew it was the one. Its a bright violet pink. Brighter than I expected but I love it! My lips are naturally a deep pink, so if I could tone it down with a warmer liner or gloss over top. But I like it applied straight from the tube. This lippie is creamy shiny and moisturizing. I like it paired with a soft shimmery nude shadow and black liner and no blush. I find if i wear blush its too much going on. Or if i just dab it on lightly it gives my lips a nice violet stain. This is gorgeous colour for girls who love wearing lipstick and like something that's not soft and neutral.