October 23, 2014 | 1940 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by xheni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Almay is owned by Revlon, and I can see the similarities between their products. My hg is Colorstay, so I compare all other foundations to it. Like CS this line of foundations has a really light and pink toned shade called ivory as it's first shade, and a slightly darker (but still very fair) yellow toned shade called buff as the second shade. I use this in buff, and it's a pretty good color match, I need yellow in my foundation to tone down redness.

This has better coverage than I expected, and I have a lot of scarring. If I feel I need a little more coverage I use Almay's skin clearing concealer as well. The lasting power is great too. I mean it's not a long wear foundation like CS, but it doesn't completely slide off my face. Also like CS there is no pump. WHY?! And it somehow manages to get even more disgusting than my CS bottles! I don't get it.

It has salicylic acid, which is great, but for that reason I don't use it around the eye area. And if I should fall asleep w/ my makeup on, I won't wake up to any new break outs. It's nice to have good coverage that is doing something beneficial for your skin. This foundation does not contain any sunscreen! So make sure you wear some underneath, if you are using this during the day. The lack of sunscreen may be a good thing for you; if you are using it at night, and taking pictures w/ flash, since sunscreen causes that ghostly white face in photographs.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by strawberryswing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation daily for a month and a half now. This foundation has not given me any major problems like breakouts or orange streaks. You can definitely double up this foundation, but beware of overusing b/c it can cake. I use the Almay blemish concealer also just because I have some pigmentation that doesn't cover up completely with foundation. The concealer and foundation go perfectly together! I also set my makeup with Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (probably my HG finishing powder). This foundation lasts a good 5 - 6 hrs. With primer it lasts even longer! I wore the Almay foundation and concealer with primer form 9am - midnight (I know it's not good to wear makeup for that long, but I wanted to see how long my makeup would last) and my face only had to be blotted twice! I like this foundation's consistency, coverage, and that it's fragrant-free. For those who have severe acne/acne marks this isn't the foundation for you. The coverage isn't too sheer or too much. This foundation claims to help blemishes heal, but I can't tell if it does. All I know is that I haven't broken out from this foundation. (: The packaging isn't horrible. This foundation, like any other drugstore foundation, doesn't have a pump. I like that it's compact and easy to open and close.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by jesusfrkxpanda

I got this product after seeing reviews from youtube guru xteener. I had been using clinique superfit foundation for a while but always hated how I would see bumps or my acne flare at the end of the day. So I tried this product out hoping that the salicylic acid in the foundation wouldn't make my acne worse.
I didn't have much expectations but it turned out pretty well. I like the coverage and how it controlled my oiliness as I have pretty oily t-zone. It also seemed to actually help my acne!
The only thing I don't like about the product is the packaging. It's like the Revlon colorstay foundation. So I just pour a bit of the product on a palette and use my ecotools bronze brush to buff it out. Amazing finish! If it were winter, I wouldn't powder, but since it's summer, I do. Would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by PopStar48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Next to Revlon Colorstay, this is my second favorite drugstore foundation. I got a good color match with Sand and I like how well this foundation stays and lasts even in humid weather and with my oily skin. It doesn't fade around my nose or chin area the oiliest parts of my face. I don't know about the blemish fighting properties though. I would say this foundation has med-full coverage. EDIT: I think they might be discontinuing this foundation since I have seen it on clearance a various stores. Pick one up if you like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

Ok the packaging isn't the greatest but I have to say that I've been using this foundation off and on for about the past 6 years or more and I always end up coming back to it. For a drugstore foundation it looks very nice. It gives me the perfect amount of coverage, I love the colour, photographs nicely, controls oil, doesn't break me out, is decently priced, I could really go on all day. I like to try new products which is the only reason I stray but when other things end up breaking me out or disappointing me somehow (which they always do) I come back to this. I'll probably be using it for years to come. Update: I had stopped using this for a few years and strayed elsewhere, I don't know why. I have recently come back to this and am left wondering why I ever left. This stuff is really the best. It makes my skin looked perfect but not overly made up, doesn't seem to clog my pores and doesn't get oily like nearly ALL OTHER FOUNDATION I'VE USED! I might also add that I use the colour 'Sand' on my NC25 skin and it is an exact match, very seamless.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't get why this stuff has garnered such a high review... I didn't think it was so great. It provides a bit more coverage than say, L'oreal's True Match, with a far more matte (almost powdery) finish, but despite the initially nice finish, I didn't find it to be at all reliable; it seemed to oxidize and fade fast--and I am currently on the drier side of combo! The salicylic acid in it is also absolutely useless. I had read that the ph was too high for it to work here and this definitely seems to be the case, as this stuff broke me out just as much as most of the other drugstore foundations (the ingredients in this are not so different from them).

I guess as far as drugstore foundations go it was decent, and probably a good choice for oily skin types--but if you've got a lot to cover and need reliable coverage, Revlon's Colorstay for combo skin or L'oreal's Visible Lift Serum Absolute seem like better choices. I'm currently using the Visible Lift foundation, and amazingly, it doesn't seem to clogg my pores (check out the ingredients). The finish is also way better--a bit like maybelline's liquid dream mousse stuff, but far better quality and coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by ily143

Love this foundation ! It matches my skin perfectly , & makes my skin flawless all day . I havent really noticed a change in my complexion acne wise though . & im not a great fan of the bottle because you have to twist the lid hard till it closes . Otherwise , this is a great foundation !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Shoppingisasport

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the best drugstore brand makeup I've ever used. I have been using it religiously for about 8-9 months now. I decided to get it when I was kind of pressed for cash. I couldn't buy my normal foundation, at the time I was using Bare Escentuals matte I believe, or perhaps the Urban Decay mineral makeup. I wanted to switch back to a liquid because I thought I needed more coverage. I wear beige and it blends in perfectly with the rest of my skin. I don't even have to put any on my neck. I think they might have changed the formula, I know it sounds weird, but the bottle used to say "Oily skin" at the bottom and the one I have now doesn't say that. Whatever the case, it has salicylic acid in it for helping with breakouts. I love this stuff and unless someone convinces me otherwise, I will chose to buy this over the more expensive brands you'd find at Sephora and Ulta, or in a department store. For example, I tried a similar MAC liquid foundation, which I still have two full bottles of, and that stuff gave me the worst cysts. Like, full-on lumps on my chin. The Almay has given me a whitehead or two, but that's because when I work sometimes I get sweaty, and I feel like if you're acne-prone like me it's only natural. To this day I have never, ever found a perfect product that completely and totally heals my acne. Maybe I'm missing something. But I've just come to accept that I will always have breakouts, since I have ever since 8th grade. The only time I stopped breaking out was when I was on accutane, now that stuff is absolutely miraculous. But I'm going off-topic here. This is a great makeup, it's a tad pricy for drugstore brand, around $12. If you use just a nickel-size amount 5 days a week, the bottle should last you 2-4 months. You can get it anywhere, well anywhere that sells Almay. I get it at Wal Mart. It covers great, looks natural, and is an all-around good makeup for acne-prone girls with oily/combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by rachel03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really loved this product when I bought it a while ago. It has a nice, creamy texture that goes on smoothly. My only complaint is the packaging. I would prefer a pump. It's just more sanitary, but none the less, a great foundation. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by ayaspiralout

My most-used foundation is Almay TLC, but I don't have major complaints about this foundation either. The coverage is a little fuller than TLC, this is a solid medium coverage foundation. The liquid is pretty thick and pours out of the bottle easily- it hasn't been a big deal not to have a pump. I use it in the shade Buff which is more yellow than Buff in TLC, but it gets a little darker as it dries. It doesn't last quite as long as TLC and I don't like the finish as much (it's a bit more matte and chalky looking) but it lasts longer than most foundations which is a major plus for my oily skin.