April 19, 2014 | 877 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by ayaspiralout

My most-used foundation is Almay TLC, but I don't have major complaints about this foundation either. The coverage is a little fuller than TLC, this is a solid medium coverage foundation. The liquid is pretty thick and pours out of the bottle easily- it hasn't been a big deal not to have a pump. I use it in the shade Buff which is more yellow than Buff in TLC, but it gets a little darker as it dries. It doesn't last quite as long as TLC and I don't like the finish as much (it's a bit more matte and chalky looking) but it lasts longer than most foundations which is a major plus for my oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i think this is a great find for a drugstore product. i have an absolute love affair going on with Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Inspired By Carmindy Your Skin Foundation (phewwww!) and have been using it just about since it first launched a few years ago. it covers amazingly, looks natural, doesn't cause problems-- it's all i could ever want in a foundation. unfortunately, due to hormones or birth control or just the fact that i'm approaching 30, my always normal and non-blemished skin began freaking out and breaking out into small, non-inflamed closed comedones (or blackheads that aren't black) all around my chin and jaw area a few years ago. i have tried many, many things to fix this problem and nothing seems to work long term, and lately i've been worrying that my Carmindy foundation could be adding to the problem. i decided that i wanted something lighter in a foundation for my skin since summer is here and that i wanted it to contain salicylic acid to help keep things clear and hopefully not further aggravate my chin problems. this foundation has just been wonderful for me. i first started using it just on my chin, but soon graduated to applying it all over my face and i have no regrets. it's very light textured, light-to-medium coverage (but still covers up the redness on my cheeks on the redness around my chin) and doesn't aggravate any clogged pore problems i have. i'm a MAC NC15/20 depending on the time of year and i use Ivory 120 in this which is a flawless match. i apply it with my trusty Sonia Kashuk egg shaped sponge (the BeautyBlender knockoff, which btw, i like MUCH better than the real BeautyBlender) and it smoothes on like a dream; a real second-skin where you can't even tell that i'm wearing foundation. i am so glad i took a leap and bought this before i even checked out the reviews here on MUA because it's become a staple in my everday regimen. a great foundation, great texture, helps clear pores without drying out your skin and looks beautiful, wears well throughout even a hot, sweaty day. i would highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by grldollies

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was using Clinique's redness solutions make-up since last November but now that it is May & in the 90's here in Fl - it is just not working out in the heat. Too oily & making me break out a bit, hence my thought - hey I should try the Clinique acne one - bad plan - bam twice as bad! Almay's Clear Complexion didnít work so good either. Almayís colors were a little better for me - less pink then Neutrogena skin clearing ones (which is what I am using right now). I think Alamy has better colors then Clinique's in my opinion & at 1/3 of the price too. Almay's clear complexion foundation smells good too - no bad smell. The make up went on great, blends & smoothes perfectly and had better coverage then the Neutrogena Acne clearing foundation. Best of all way less expensive then Clinique's Acne solutions. It stayed on nice all day, didn't dry me out or make me itch - but something in it makes me break out - almost as bad as the Clinique's acne solution foundation (so far the worst Iíve ever used!). I gave Almayís Clear Complexion 3 stars because it has good ingredients and I think its a good quality product for the money. I also bought Almay's clear complexion concealer & it seams to work just fine & the color is good for me - not too pink. I also like the dabber applicator better then the Neutrogena skin clearing concealer applicator which is a squeeze push up type & is not as easy to use. I have set all four foundations with Too Faced Primed & Poreless Powder as a finishing powder and it just always works out fantastic. Love it! Most finishing powders age me - but this does not, It does not clog, oil up or crease and is relatively invisible. A little pricey but well worth the money. - It worked well with Almay so I recomend it along with this foundation. I would give Almay a try it may work for you, itís a good product unfortunately it just didn't work for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by mcgrath1375

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this makeup. I have been using it for years. Almay is the only drugstore makeup that my Dermatologist said I could use. I have olive skin with more yellow undertones, so I have a hard time finding good shades. Most of the shades in this line have a Pink undertone, but I have found a good one for winter and summer alike.

This does not cause breakouts, even though it's a liquid foundation, and it doesn't dry me out. I even used it while on Accutane.

Once I cannot get much out of the bottle, I put some moisturizer in it and then use it more like a tinted moisturizer in the summertime. It has an SPF and it lasts forever....

This will forever be my go to foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by annette143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i love this foundation.it does help with blemishes!and it has a nice finish.i got the one for oily skin types and it does help a little with my oily skin but not a huge difference.i will be buying this product again (:

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Chuppup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product recently because i wanted to try an inexpensive light foundation that i knew for sure wouldnt clog my pores because i am SUPER acne prone. I'm around NC30 right now and Sand was a pretty good match, i find their shades tend to run a bit light however. In any case, i really do like the feel of this foundation, its very smooth and blends well. However at some points i found it kind of stuck to dry patches, but i dont think thats the foundations fault because my skin tends to get chapped because of my topical antibiotic i use at night. In any case its nothing a little blending cant fix. I like to mix it with my EL double wear light too just because the DWL is a little dark, but i find it evens my skin tone, covers up a few acne scars and stays well alone also!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Armywife3409

I belong to the minority of acne prone girls who dislike bare minerals. Its messy, it looks unnatural on me even after years of practice, and it doesn't offer enough coverage. Liquid makeup, however, always breaks me out into horrible horrible breakouts all over my lips and forehead, sometimes my nose too. With all the effort I put into my skin care, its devastating to look dirty.

So I picked this up on a whim without even reading any reviews, hoping that it might help me underneath my bare minerals. I threw those stupid tubs away! Occasionally I use mineral veil over the foundation when I'm particularly oily, but this stuff has cut my routine down from using foundation, bronzer, concealer and a veil.

I hate the construction of the container though; it is heavy, bulky, and has a propensity to leak down the sides. I also think its a smidgen expensive; but I'll keep it around, that's for sure...if it had a better price point, packaging, and a bit more staying power, it'd be hg for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Texture is amazing. Can't lie about that. I've been using it for about a month now. When I first started using it I would apply it to my entire face, and my face didn't react quite well, whether it be because of the medicine in it or for some other ingriedient. In other words my face broke out pretty bad. So I immadiately stopped using it all over my face. I didn't wanna quite give up on it. So I use it ONLY on my prob areas to see if it was really what broke me out. So far it hasn't made my probs worser nor has it made em any better. I prob wouldn't buy it again because to me it seems sketchy. Just doesn't really show me anything for me to want to buy it again. Sure the texture is great, but my Revlon Colorstay has amazing texture too if not better. Anyway it's a big bummer for me, I really wanted it to blow me away or something.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by ashfor

Okay, I have been using this product to about a 4 days now. I know It's a bit early to do are review, but I thought I should do one anyways. ||| This product is really light weight and doesn't look cakey or orange. I'm not sure about the healing acne part - ( I haven't been using it long enough) - but it's a really nice light foundation recommended for teens and +. This is the only foundation that I have found my true color, I'm seriously PALE, like a ghost, not even kidding. I'd say it lasts up for 7-9 hours, which is good for a drugstore foundation.

Pros: Light weight
Does not turn orange
Good color choice if you have fair/light skin
Pretty good long wearing

Cons: None so far (lets keep it that way)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by cancorso

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice foundation, long lasting, but a bit yellowish for my skin tone (the shoppers near by had only "naked" shade available at the time I decided to try it) and.. it broke me out so won't re-purchase it.