November 26, 2014 | 1573 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by avaria26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first ever review on mua - just to say that this really has made a difference in my skin :-O I'm not the type to write reviews but gonna start for the few that have made a difference for me - this, Clarisonic and YSL Matte Touch Radiant Base (blue tube). Been using this one for a month now - I always get pretty bad acne during that time of the month and this has really controlled it - as well as brighten my face and soften the tiny eye lines I began seeing ;( Definitely always buying again :D

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by georgide

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a very good serum. It makes my skin look more dewy/fresh in the morning. It's not supposed to be used alone, must follow with a moisturizer. Sometimes I squeeze my pores too much when i'm stressed out and my face becomes an irritated mess with red spots. When I put this on at night, in the morning it's like a reset button and the spots and irritation are gone. as for price, I just wait for the free gift w/ purchase which always has a good sized sample of ANR; usually 35$ purchase and free 5 piece gift.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by roomie97

I had very very high hopes for this product as it is really famous and known to lots of people in the world. I was so very disappointed in this product because it had no affect on my face, whatsoever. just nothing. I was expecting a dramatic change on my face, but none. I've been trying for about 3months now, and i just think i have wasted my money... :( urgh. will never buy again...!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by Ginaisobel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried many products to address sun spots which have appeared on my face in the past year. This serum is excellent and I will continue to use as I believe it is making a difference to my skin. The sun spots below my eyes have almost completely disappeared. After applying the serum at night my skin is glowing and hydrated. I have noticed in recent photos that my skin looks very good. I've also been told I look years younger than my actual age, which of course is not down to a skin care product alone. Plenty of water, vegetables, fruit, and limiting alcohol and late nights also helps. All in all this is an excellent product which I would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by lilmangogirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, I still feel like these "essences" and "serums" are a bit of a gimmick, but I have to admit, the saleslady at duty-free totally got me when she demonstrated the following trick:

Apply serum onto the back of one hand, let it sink in, then apply moisturiser. Apply just moisturiser on your other hand.

After a minute, touch both hands - and you'll find that the hand with the serum base is much more dry, and less oily/residue-y from the moisturiser!

So with that little trick, I bought my first bottle of the Advanced Night Repair. I don't think it has shown a huge difference in skin appearance for me, but it has helped calm my dry and sometimes flaky skin. I can count on the Advanced Night Repair to keep my skin hydrated after traveling, or just when the weather gets really dry or really cold. Since I only use three drops at a time, the 100mL duty-free edition has lasted me a long time. It is a much better deal to buy the 100mL duty-free bottle, by the way, so if you can, try to get this from duty-free shops!

I've been told that you can use this during the day, too, and I've done it occasionally when my skin is really dry, or when I know I need my makeup to stay in place without flaking during the day.

Overall, I like this, but I'm still a little skeptical because it is extremely pricey and hasn't actually improved the look of my skin, which is what it claims to do. However, until I find something better to keep my dry skin happy, I will be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this product consistently for a year, so I think a review is in order. I love how it hydrates and smoothly applies (even under m/u). The hydration aspect was what I noticed was the most beneficial effect. This is probably due to the hyaluronic acid content. Honestly, I am not sure if it did anything for evening skin tone, or had any other anti-aging benefits. But this is not a complaint. Few anti-aging products can show immediate results in pigmentation, tone, wrinkle prevention etc. Anyway, though my experience with this serum has been positive (no complaints), for the price I am looking for something with peptides in it. While I appreciate the antioxidant properties of ANR, I think PC's Resist serum is comparable at least as a night treatment (it doesn't sit well under m/u). So, no I won't repurchase at this time as I'm on the hunt for a good peptide serum. But I may yet return to it at some point in the future.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

So sad my skin did not react well to this product. As a light-tan Asian woman with combination-dry skin, my skin absorbed this product well. The packaging is great, the texture is smooth and it sinks right in, leaving a dewy finish. I applied nightly for a week before my skin texture changed for the worse. It felt minutely bumpy all over, even though it wasn't visibly bumpy. By 10 days, the bumps were now visible and also accompanied by dry skin, and small milia around my laughlines and forehead. I immediately stopped the serum (the only new product in my regimen) and returned to Shiseido moisturizer for 7 days and my skin is now back to normal. Had to return Advanced Night Repair, boo.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 7:46:00 AM More reviews by saskiayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skin: very sensitive, dry, prone to irritation
I'm rating this a 5, and selecting 'yes' to repurchase, but I will try other cheaper Hyaluronic Acid serums first (JuJu Aquamoist is first in line). I really like this product and it 100% works for me but no doubt there is a lot of price markup.

I was given my first 100mL bottle of this around a year ago, using it everyday/every second day ever since - really generously on my face and neck - still have 1/2 a bottle left.

PROS: I get no tingling/irritation or breakouts and my skin is very sensitive. When I use this after my 12% glycolic cleaser it's soothing. Lovely, soft hydrated skin overnight.

CONS: Price. Ingredients check: does not mix well with UV exposure. In case anyone gets a little greedy and wants to use this twice a day! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by onlyfr33b33

I guess I understand the hype. My skin quality has been better, pores tighter, etc. But I still get acne, this is not a magical product. I get hormonal flare ups all the time.
One thing I will say is ANR repairs any red spots/irritation from acne (accidentally picking at it, after a hot shower, which makes my skin look awful!) overnight.
I can see why it's great for anti-aging. I will say this stuff works, but not the exact thing I need for my skin.
But I think I'm going to try Caudalie Vinoperfect serum next because I need something that fades acne scars faster.
One bottle lasts me about 5 months. I use this a lot!
If nothing else works, I'll come back to use ANR. I just hate spending full price on this stuff, and the only way I could get it for less is at duty-free ($76 vs $84 for 50ml bottle).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by prettywoman46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am still using a sample of this product and I love it. I had noticed that had developed chicken skin around my eye socket. After the first night that I used he serum, my skin looked smoother and the chicken skin was almost gone. My makeup looked much better and my oily skin held up and looked much freshet throughout the day. I am going to buy the biggest bottle EL sells!