July 23, 2014 | 1934 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Building Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2005 1:21:00 AM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My eye lashes are thick but short stubs in length. This product assists in adding to the length. I apply right after my facial mositurizer and let it dry while I apply the rest of my mu. When the time comes, two coats of mascara and my lashes actually have some length. IMO this is a mircle product! I will definitely continue to use and repurchase. For now this is my HG lash primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2005 6:34:00 PM More reviews by sbforwin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this primer. It allows me to put only 1 coat of mascara on and still look good. As I am an absolute mascara klutz, this is a very good thing. I just have to be careful because sometime the wand picks up too much product. However, the quality of the wand itself is great. I will have to buy the real thing once my gwp runs out.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2005 7:04:00 PM More reviews by frgrl616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product but I didn't repurchase because it seems too expensive. I'd rather just apply more coats of a thickening mascara, than try to keep up with this. I don't know if this is making any sense. I guess in the end, it just doesn't seem like a necessity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2005 6:40:00 PM More reviews by kinipela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally use Smashbox Layer but I have a hard time getting to the Sephora to buy it so I bought the Clinique Lash Primer when I was replenishing my Repairwear Moisturizers and well I am glad that I did.

I should say that I am not a fan of Clinique but I do love the Repairwear Line and I also like this Lash Primer.

Smashbox- you put your mascara on while your lashes are wet and Clinique- you let the primer dry before applying.

I have asian eyelashes that stick straight out and this stuff rocks. The curl holds and "plumps"up my lashes even more (I use Chanel Cils a Cils Mascara)

Yippeee

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2005 11:24:00 PM More reviews by pinkpolkadotz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't used my Clinique mascara without this, but I am really disappointed! This was $12.50 and my eyelashes look the same as if I use a drugstore mascara when I use this with Clinique mascara. It doesn't make my eyelashes look much longer and it makes them clump. It's not that thickening at all. Maybe it makes your mascara last longer because I noticed it never smudged, but my mascara never really smudges anyway. Plus, I was out and it was raining and my mascara washed off so all you could see was the white from the primer on my eyelashes! Eek! I'm not ever going to buy this again, what a waste of $12.50!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2005 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Chelle80

I honestly think my lashes look better without this. It's clumpy, it makes my mascara flake. True, it does make them look a bit thicker, but I think that's due to all the clumps. An unecessary product imo. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2005 11:17:00 AM More reviews by groovygirl

This is the 1st lash primer I have used so can't compare it to others, but I have no complaints. it makes my lashes fuller and longer. I have no problems with it flaking off, but then only wear it at night so only for a few hours. No problems with clumpiness either, just allow to dry and comb through before applying normal mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2005 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Kumbuyah

I got this as a GWP with lash doubling mascara and at first I wasn't going to use it but I ran out of my MAC fibrelash and didn't have a chance to go to the MAC counter and I haven't looked back since. This makes my already long lashes INSANELY long and doesn't flake or rub off and is easy to remove. I will continue to repurchase both.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2005 4:36:00 PM More reviews by lindseylouike

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This item is just okay. I don't think that it helped add any length or fullness to my lashes--not any difference that I could see, anyway. I wouldn't say it was a waste of money, but I don't think I'd buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2005 11:40:00 AM More reviews by blissgirl

At first, I hated this. I was ready to return it. I followed the directions on the box. Curled my lashes - applied this, let it dry - then applied my mascara. And voila - totally straight, clumpy lashes. It looked horrible. Then some witty MUAers suggested that I apply this, then my mascara - while the primer was still wet. And it works. It gives my lashes some substance & does make them look thicker. I like the fact that I can apply any mascara (including ones which aren't waterproof) & it will stay put without flaking or smudging. Plus, it's easy to remove without the hassle of removing waterproof mascara. I am really annoyed with the packaging though - it seems like it's filled too much because whenever I pull the wand out the primer gets all over. Whenever I return the wand to the tube, the primer gets all over. I wind up with a white gooey mess around the top of the tube - it's a waste. Wish they would repackage it.