Clinique Lash Building Primer

3.8

on 9/5/2005 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

MAC NW15 to 20, medium brown hair now graying a bit, hazel eyes, "normal" lashes: I don't use lash primer for so much for length but for volume and also for smoother application of mascara. I find that mascara doesn't clump as much when I use primer first. Today, I put Clinique's Lash Building Primer on both eyes before applying mascara. The product has a nice creamy consitency, and the spoolie applies the product smoothly to each lash. On the right eye I applied the mascara right after the primer, and on the left eye I allowed the primer to dry before applying mascara (per Clinique's directions). After I applied mascara on the left eye (over the dried primer), my lashes curled up as cute as can be! Ne need to use an eyelash curler. I am *really* impressed and will *definitely* repurchase! continued >>

on 7/31/2005 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My eye lashes are thick but short stubs in length. This product assists in adding to the length. I apply right after my facial mositurizer and let it dry while I apply the rest of my mu. When the time comes, two coats of mascara and my lashes actually have some length. IMO this is a mircle product! I will definitely continue to use and repurchase. For now this is my HG lash primer.

on 7/26/2005 6:34:00 PM

I like this primer. It allows me to put only 1 coat of mascara on and still look good. As I am an absolute mascara klutz, this is a very good thing. I just have to be careful because sometime the wand picks up too much product. However, the quality of the wand itself is great. I will have to buy the real thing once my gwp runs out.

on 7/24/2005 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really liked this product but I didn't repurchase because it seems too expensive. I'd rather just apply more coats of a thickening mascara, than try to keep up with this. I don't know if this is making any sense. I guess in the end, it just doesn't seem like a necessity.

on 7/16/2005 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I normally use Smashbox Layer but I have a hard time getting to the Sephora to buy it so I bought the Clinique Lash Primer when I was replenishing my Repairwear Moisturizers and well I am glad that I did.

I should say that I am not a fan of Clinique but I do love the Repairwear Line and I also like this Lash Primer.

Smashbox- you put your mascara on while your lashes are wet and Clinique- you let the primer dry before applying.

I have asian eyelashes that stick straight out and this stuff rocks. The curl holds and "plumps"up my lashes even more (I use Chanel Cils a Cils Mascara)

Yippeee

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I haven't used my Clinique mascara without this, but I am really disappointed! This was $12.50 and my eyelashes look the same as if I use a drugstore mascara when I use this with Clinique mascara. It doesn't make my eyelashes look much longer and it makes them clump. It's not that thickening at all. Maybe it makes your mascara last longer because I noticed it never smudged, but my mascara never really smudges anyway. Plus, I was out and it was raining and my mascara washed off so all you could see was the white from the primer on my eyelashes! Eek! I'm not ever going to buy this again, what a waste of $12.50!

on 7/1/2005 2:11:00 PM

I honestly think my lashes look better without this. It's clumpy, it makes my mascara flake. True, it does make them look a bit thicker, but I think that's due to all the clumps. An unecessary product imo. I won't be repurchasing.

on 6/7/2005 11:17:00 AM

This is the 1st lash primer I have used so can't compare it to others, but I have no complaints. it makes my lashes fuller and longer. I have no problems with it flaking off, but then only wear it at night so only for a few hours. No problems with clumpiness either, just allow to dry and comb through before applying normal mascara

on 6/4/2005 8:24:00 PM

I got this as a GWP with lash doubling mascara and at first I wasn't going to use it but I ran out of my MAC fibrelash and didn't have a chance to go to the MAC counter and I haven't looked back since. This makes my already long lashes INSANELY long and doesn't flake or rub off and is easy to remove. I will continue to repurchase both.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This item is just okay. I don't think that it helped add any length or fullness to my lashes--not any difference that I could see, anyway. I wouldn't say it was a waste of money, but I don't think I'd buy it again.