April 20, 2014 | 1813 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Building Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2005 6:40:00 PM More reviews by kinipela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally use Smashbox Layer but I have a hard time getting to the Sephora to buy it so I bought the Clinique Lash Primer when I was replenishing my Repairwear Moisturizers and well I am glad that I did.

I should say that I am not a fan of Clinique but I do love the Repairwear Line and I also like this Lash Primer.

Smashbox- you put your mascara on while your lashes are wet and Clinique- you let the primer dry before applying.

I have asian eyelashes that stick straight out and this stuff rocks. The curl holds and "plumps"up my lashes even more (I use Chanel Cils a Cils Mascara)

Yippeee

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2005 11:24:00 PM More reviews by pinkpolkadotz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't used my Clinique mascara without this, but I am really disappointed! This was $12.50 and my eyelashes look the same as if I use a drugstore mascara when I use this with Clinique mascara. It doesn't make my eyelashes look much longer and it makes them clump. It's not that thickening at all. Maybe it makes your mascara last longer because I noticed it never smudged, but my mascara never really smudges anyway. Plus, I was out and it was raining and my mascara washed off so all you could see was the white from the primer on my eyelashes! Eek! I'm not ever going to buy this again, what a waste of $12.50!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2005 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Chelle80

I honestly think my lashes look better without this. It's clumpy, it makes my mascara flake. True, it does make them look a bit thicker, but I think that's due to all the clumps. An unecessary product imo. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2005 11:17:00 AM More reviews by groovygirl

This is the 1st lash primer I have used so can't compare it to others, but I have no complaints. it makes my lashes fuller and longer. I have no problems with it flaking off, but then only wear it at night so only for a few hours. No problems with clumpiness either, just allow to dry and comb through before applying normal mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2005 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Kumbuyah

I got this as a GWP with lash doubling mascara and at first I wasn't going to use it but I ran out of my MAC fibrelash and didn't have a chance to go to the MAC counter and I haven't looked back since. This makes my already long lashes INSANELY long and doesn't flake or rub off and is easy to remove. I will continue to repurchase both.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2005 4:36:00 PM More reviews by lindseylouike

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This item is just okay. I don't think that it helped add any length or fullness to my lashes--not any difference that I could see, anyway. I wouldn't say it was a waste of money, but I don't think I'd buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2005 11:40:00 AM More reviews by blissgirl

At first, I hated this. I was ready to return it. I followed the directions on the box. Curled my lashes - applied this, let it dry - then applied my mascara. And voila - totally straight, clumpy lashes. It looked horrible. Then some witty MUAers suggested that I apply this, then my mascara - while the primer was still wet. And it works. It gives my lashes some substance & does make them look thicker. I like the fact that I can apply any mascara (including ones which aren't waterproof) & it will stay put without flaking or smudging. Plus, it's easy to remove without the hassle of removing waterproof mascara. I am really annoyed with the packaging though - it seems like it's filled too much because whenever I pull the wand out the primer gets all over. Whenever I return the wand to the tube, the primer gets all over. I wind up with a white gooey mess around the top of the tube - it's a waste. Wish they would repackage it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2005 5:41:00 PM More reviews by lilandrea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got a gwp of this, its the first mascara primer i tried, so i can't compare it to anything, i notice a difference when i use this under mascara and when i dont so i guess its a keeper!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2005 1:05:00 AM More reviews by kajalley

I actually worked for CLinique which is why I chose this brand in the 1st place. For 12.50 the primer does help lengthen as well as better the overall wear of the mascara i.e. less flaking and no racoon eyes, but really all primers should do this for you. Cliniques primer dries out extremely quickly. It does tend to get a bit clumpy on the lashes , and I know some girls at my counter actually had their mascara fade off their lashes mid-day leaving white primer behind to see ! There are much better primers out there than this one !

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2005 1:08:00 AM More reviews by drexalia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmmm, maybe I'm the only one, but I didn't like this. I used it w/ the clinique doubling mascara and my lashes looked shorter than usual. If I'm going to the effort to use a primer, I want major lashes and this didn't do it. I much prefer smashbox. I ended up throwing this away :(