Redken Hair Cleansing Cream

4.5

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Fragrance, Pentasodium Pentetate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Stearic Acid, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Amino Methyl Propanol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citrus Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract

I used this years ago when my hair was healthy and not color-treated. It removed build-up well. Now my hair is coloured and dry, and i use the All-Soft line. This line gives me a buildup though and i feel like i need to clarify. The only thing that stops me from buying this clarifying shampoo again - what if it strips the colour from my hair? What a dilemma...

on 9/19/2005 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this to remove build-up every now and then (I don't use it that often, I tend to alternate between different regular shampoos when I can, but when I do use it I really need it), and also if I for some reason have super-greasy hair (in that case it's excellent, it really lathers). On it's own I find it entirely too drying for my hair, even if I condition after my roots that I don't condtion feel dry and coarse. But if I use this first and rinse it out without combing through my hair, and then use my regular hydrating shampoo, it really does what it's supposed to. It also smells nice.

While I really like the product, I would probably not repurchase, at least not right away. I would see if I could find a cheaper (redken is quite expensive where I live) clairifying shampoo that isn't as drying. continued >>

on 9/8/2005 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The best deep cleanser ther is. But don't use it more than every two weeks, or it will make your hair dry.

on 6/9/2005 3:13:00 PM

I like Redken products, but this was a huge disappointment. I experimented with clarifying shampoos a few months ago, and this stuff is very, very harsh and drying, and it made my otherwise normal hair look brittle. I think it would be very damaging to color-treated hair, since it was for my normal hair.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

An amazing clarifying shampoo that gets the "gunk" off my hair, but is not drying in the least to my hair. Im left with happy, bouncy shiney hair. My only complaint is I wish the bottles were bigger, as I go through a lot of shampoo.

on 5/25/2005 12:57:00 AM

This is my favorite clarifying shampoo, it's not too drying for my hair, and has a great scent.

on 4/5/2005 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Very good, makes hair soft and shiny. So nice to get rid of all the 'cones with this. And it is slightly drying, but hey - it is after all a deep cleansing schampoo. Will repurchase, but since I alternate with my other schampoos and don't use this very often, it will probably last for two years or so. ;)

on 1/13/2005 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This works pretty good and smells great.

on 12/27/2004 6:02:00 AM

An excellent clarifying shampoo that delivers as promised. Uses sodium lauryl sulphate, which is potentially drying and irritating, so do not use too often.

on 12/11/2004 1:33:00 AM

I've been using this about once a month- usually before I get my highlights- and it does clean my hair REALLY well. Hair feels stripped of all the gunky crap that builds up with using VERY heavy conditoners every day. Smells nice and lathers great. My hair is VERY dry and I didn't find this to be TOO over-drying.

Popular Shampoos