October 21, 2014 | 798 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Hair Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2004 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Rhiannan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gurls if you need a good clarifying shampoo - don't be reaching for Pantene or Neutrogena.Have you read the ingredients - Detergent? Hello! I decided to buy some recently to use once a week, alternately with the Biolage line by Matrix, to get rid of build up. The fragrance smells wonderful, & it lathers really well.Really makes your hair squeeky clean when you rinse it out. I used it with Redken's Heavy Cream All Soft conditioner & it was no problem to comb through when wet.Brilliant!! Don't use it too often or it will be too drying.A great clarifying shampoo for those times you need to remove hair product build up & restore the shine.
TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2004 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Merina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

No complaints here! I've only used it once but don't plan on using it often. Just once a week if that to get rid of the build up in my hair. The cost is $8.50 for a nice sized bottle. I bought mine at Trade Secret in the mall.

This is how redken's website describes this product--->"Hair Cleansing Cream Shampoo clarifies and works to remove copper, iron, hard water minerals and styling product build-up on all hair types. Formulated with fruit acids to add shine, it purifies and refreshes hair."

After using it, I noticed that my hair was "squeeky clean". It didn't literally squeek, but you know what I mean. I'm very pleased with this product as I wanted something that wasn't going to strip my hair color. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2004 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Girlythings

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this clarifying shampoo in early January and the girl told me to use it about once every 3 weeks-or sooner if you feel a heavy build up coming on. Been doing that and I LOVE it. It really prepares your hair for the conditioning! Great shampoo but it WILL dry up your hair if you use it too frequently!*****update**** I still LOVE this!! I especially like the results i get when i deep treat my hair...it feels like it can really penetrate it and it leaves it real smooth (after i blow dry it of course!)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2004 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Yogagirlie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I only used this once so far and I found it to do everything it says it will. I use the Redken Smooth Down line which I find wonderful but after a bit it leaves some build up in my hair. Used this and it cleared it all up and left my hair clean and shiny. That was about 2 weeks ago. Slight build-up is appearing again so maybe next week I will use this again. If you are going to use this definitly reserve it for using once a week/month because I think it could leave it very dry. Otherwise it is a great clarifying shampoo that I hope continues to work for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2003 11:07:00 PM More reviews by BlackBeauty

An excellent clarifying shampoo. I only ever use this *in place of* my regular shampoo once a week or sometimes once a fortnight. Even my fiance uses it once a fortnight or so to get rid of product build-up. However, I use a lot of leave-in conditioners and serums so I swear by this product for removing build-up and leaving my scalp feeling refreshed and clean! Will definately re-purchase this as a modestly-priced, good clarifying shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2003 11:02:00 AM More reviews by theitboy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually did find this to be drying... however, clarifying shampoos should not be used daily, so I use this once a week to remove buildup, and make sure I condition well afterwards. Nothing special, really.