July 25, 2014 | 1246 users online

Dry Shampoo - Klorane - Dry shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2005 1:29:00 PM More reviews by leonie_au

I'm blonde and love to use this on my oily roots from time to time. Beware though, as it can be quite drying on coloured hair if used too regularly... I recently discovered this the hard way and had to apply an intensive treatment to make my hair recover! Excellent for emergencies though, when I don't have time to wash, dry and style my hair; or when I'm bedridden due to illness. My (redhead) mother is another big fan of this dry shampoo. My first can has almost run out after approximately 6-7 uses, but it's still great value and I'll be purchasing it for many years to come.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2005 8:01:00 PM More reviews by DanielleD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I cannot rave enough about this product! I FINALLY found a product that will reduce the appearance of oiliness on my non-washing day. I've tried many powders, but I've always had problems with them.

This is a spray, which is great so you don't get powder all over your face. You spray it on the oily spots, wait 2 minutes, then brush it throughly through. My bangs actually did not look oily AT ALL, which is my major problem!

I did have to use an awful lot though, and found a lot of the can to be gone. Ordering 2 more tonight though! Yay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2005 10:32:00 AM More reviews by escebola

This dry shampoo is in fact some sort of power canned in an aerosol. 1 or 2 min. after spraying it on your hair, you must brush thoroughly the white residue.

Your hair won't look or feel as clean as if you'd washed it, but it will definitely improve the look of oily hair.

Therefore, and since all the procedure takes only 3 or 4 minutes, I consider it a lifesaver, especially on those days when you're running late and you don't have time to wash your hair.

It is also great in case you don't want to wash your hair too often but still don't want to look all greasy.

I recommend everyone to keep this product at hand. It's cheap and so useful; you never know when you're going to need it! I feel very self-conscious when my hair looks dirty and oily, and using this product actually helps me feel more confident!!! This is something very few other cosmetic products can do for me, so it's a staple for me and my HG product!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2005 10:17:00 AM More reviews by escebola

A real lifesaver for those days when you're running late and you have no time to wash your hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2004 3:35:00 AM More reviews by tabithaw

I have been looking for a dry shampoo so I can use it when I get home late at nights and dont have the time to wash them at night or before going out the next morning.Bumble and bumble (BB) is one option.

Klorane is a cheaper alternative. It does soak up greasy hair, gives volume and has a slight fragrance. Klorane when used the first day, is fine. The second day, the greasiness isnt totally covered. On the 3rd day your hair turns ashy and I had to wash it!

The only difference between this and BB is that BB comes in coloured powder to match your hair, reducing the likelihood of ashy hair. Ohh...and the price. BB = AUD $65 the klorane = AUD $12.90
Would repurchase this until I can get my hands on cheaper BB to try. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2004 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have blonde hair and this sprays out as a white powder. Therefore, if you have dark hair I DO NOT recommend this as it would leave you with greyness and be too noticeable in your hair. I usually wash my hair everyday. My hair is quite fine and goes flat and shows oil easily and I simply like washing it everyday to feel clean and fresh as part of my bathing routine. However, if I get in late and donít have time to wash my hair this stuff is good. You simply spray it at the roots, leave it for a couple of minutes and then brush through to evenly distribute the powder. It adds volume and soaks up the oil. It doesnít make your hair feel clean, though, so this really isnít a solution to avoid washing your hair, I find itís more to help out every once in a while. This is AUD12.95 for the aerosol can. A great idea for when youíre on the run and need your hair to look presentable. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2004 8:09:00 AM More reviews by jseah000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I dont think this should be used instead of washing your hair as a regular thing. Having said that, this is a lifesaver when im in a hurry and my hair is looking greasy. I just spray this all over, and brush in it, and voila! Without having to shampoo, my hair is grease-free and some of the volume has actually returned.
This lasts for about 5 hours before it gets heavy again.
UPDATE: It's true that this leaves a white powder on you hair, i have black hair, but the powder disappears as you brush the product in so it shouldn't be a problem for dark haired girls

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2004 11:30:00 PM More reviews by shinyshoe

Wierd, but my version was a spray. Perhaps mine was a different one, but I think it's the same. Anyway, I think it works great when once in a blue moon I didn't happen to wash my hair and need to look presentable. Thanks Klorane!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2004 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Scratchie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this. Now I don't have to worry about washing my hair everyday. It's also very cheap too.

You can get the same effect by using talcom powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2003 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Andien

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like to use this in the winter when I don't like to overwash my hair. It comes in a squeezie bottle so that the powder sort of poufs out, or an aeresol can which is neater. It works well, even taking away the smell of cigarette smoke. Will def. repurchase this.