October 26, 2014 | 1583 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Its brush is great to work with, and the mascara is one of the best I've used. It glides on easily, giving me very nice, thicker and smooth black lashes, yet it doesn't look overdone for every day. Will get it again, probably when Clinique has a GWP thing going on; not a huge fan of most of their makeup, but they do have some decent things (like this and the French Vanilla matte eyeshadow single).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by puppylover324

I have a sample from clinique at the moment and I LOVE THIS MASCARA! This is the only non waterproof mascara that doesn't give me raccoon eyes! It curls my straight lashes, not dramatically but enough for me. It's easy to apply and I am going to repurchase ASAP.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by jennifermac11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like this mascara during the first week or so of use. It seemed too liquidy and clumped easily However, now after about 1 month of use the consistency has changed and I like it a lot. It builds on itself easily and doesn't clump too much. As far as volume and length goes...just okay. I think this mascara is great in combination with any other mascara. I use 2 coats of Clinique and 1 coat of Covergirl Clump Crusher, I actually had people ask me if I was wearing false lashes.
I will probably repurchase. Not sure though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

1) Lengthening: no
2) Volume: yes, but just ok
3) Curl: yes, but just ok

Bottom Line: this mascara is ok, not a repeat buy for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by bunny10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hands down ther BEST mascara I have ever tried. I get lots of volume and "in your face" lashes. I get lots of compiments when wearing it. Before I apply, I scrape the brush on the rim of the tube to scrape off some product because way too much comes out on the brush. I don't "pump" the wand in the tube before hand either. That is unnecessary in my opinion. Start closest to the lash line and "wiggle" as I go up. One maybe two coats is suffiecient.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2012 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Suesaroo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got this as a GWP and just got a sample from Sephora. I am making the purchase this weekend. The formula feels great and loooks good. Long wearing and no eye irritation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a small tube of this as a GWP. I don't generally purchase mid to high-end mascara because, in my experience, drugstore mascara is just as good. Having said that, I would actually consider purchasing this after my sample tube is gone. It is beautiful! It applies so smoothly and doesn't clump or flake all day. No raccoon eyes at the end of the day and no fading either. It also doesn't make my eyes sting and itch like a lot of others do. So, I'm pretty impressed and I have to say this is my new favorite mascara! Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Holymacarony

I am now on my 4th high impact mascara, and I love the brush and the formula. I dont need a makeup remover for this, i just wash it off in the shower. And it doesnt smudge at all. When it rains outside, the maskara falls under my eyes as small clumps, so I just brush it away with my finger, and everything is fine. Used it when i lived in Bali too, and the formula was perfect for the climate.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Ashash00

This does the job. I have the washable formula, and it really stays put, which wasn't what I expected. I expected at least some smearing, some running. But even when it rained outside, it just stayed put. For the price $15-16, I think this is a worthy mascara, and compared to Covergirl or Maybelline mascaras that work not too great and are still $7-9, I'd rather get this any day.
Application: the wand is good to reach corners and inner eye as well, bc it's not too wide or fat. It applies smoothly and dries relatively fast.
To remove I run warm water over my eyes for about 5 seconds, and use thumb and middle finger to gently tap at eyelashes. No tugging or scraping involved. Which is what I'm looking for.
Even when I'm out on the town, clubbing, bar hopping etc, this stays on the whole night. The build of it is natural, though, so don;t expect crazy volume and extreme noticeable black lashes. This lengthens and enhances lashes. I love the clean, natural but beautiful look this gives.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by AlinaT

This mascara is good enough for women who like natural looking of eyelashes. It separates lashes and gives natural volume without clumping. What I don't like personally that it's very difficult to build up this mascara. I agree with the opinion that this mascara is boring, unless layered with another mascara.