December 20, 2014 | 1537 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by TropicalyFrozen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was an alright cleanser but dried my skin out really bad. To sum it up: It was a good basic cleanser that was really overpriced and had no benefits to my skin. Basically you can get a drugstore cleaner that will work the same as this one for cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by mirthaqqq

Used this product once in the past, but stopped using because of price.
After a string of cheap cleansers, that dont get my heavy duty eye makeup away, I decided to try this again. Boy am I happy I did! It does get all the makeup and eyestuff away, and leaves the skin nice and soft.. The price is high for a cleanser, but will repurchase after this.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by NotYourAverageCanadianGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Definitely not for me. Dries out my skin and does not rinse very well, though it removes makeup completely.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by geographer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know what happened with this. I used this years ago, and loved it. I recently bought it again, and it really stung my eyes. In fact, my eyes are still irritated and I used it 2 days ago. Needless to say, I am taking it back and will try something else. It used to work really great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by ias23

i love how it cleans my face, it can remove my makeup easily. i also like the tiny bits that gently clean my face and make it soft and hydrated.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2009 8:07:00 AM More reviews by mpshouse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find this to be one of the best cleansers for my normal skin/slighly dry cheeks. The pros are: gentleness, effective removel of most makeup w/o stripping, indulgent feel, no second cleanser needed, rinses clean away,a very little does the job. The cons: won't fully remove stubborn physical sunscreens, can sting a bit if it gets in the eyes, wish it came in a pump instead of a squeeze tube - it's hard to get out the last bits of the product. I can't comment on waterproof mascara removal, as I haven't used that in years. Cleansers, as basic as they are, seem to be one of the things with which individuals can have wildly varying results, so I recommend getting a sample of any cleanser (that you can) before buying. As for me, I have and will repurchase this, as it works for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2009 7:57:00 AM More reviews by mule84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product isn't for me at all. I found it very harsh. You are supposed to use this as a makeup remover precleanse. I couldn't remove my eye makeup with it because it stung like crazy, and then after cleansing (which you have to do, otherwise you are left with a film) my face felt very dry and tight - even with my oily skin. I found the smell overwhelming and unpleasant also.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2009 7:26:00 AM More reviews by flirty

I don't like this cleanser. At first I thought I did, but later realized it was too drying. And I have combination/oily acne-prone skin! Just too harsh for me. And it smells kinda strong too. I prefer the Liquid Mild soap! Doesn't dry me out or break me out.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by mAn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all - I just don't go with most Clinique cleansers. This is also one of them.

It is foamy (a bit thick) and as I notice with most foaming (specially Clinique's) cleansers is that they cleanse my skin so good they also remove my protective barrier.

It took some time to realize that, but when you experiment you are also more quickly to notice what is wrong and which products are great for you.

But I must point out I ADORE most of other Clinique skincare items:-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

PROS: Moderately priced ($14.50, a little goes a LONG way!--I only use a pea sized amount and it cleans my face really well). Gets makeup off very well, even stubborn foundation (note: I use a separate eye m/u remover though!)

CONS: A little drying. So-so packaging (extra product tends to accumulate around the hole).

Overall, a good product that I would repurchase!