Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

Ok, so I prefer pencil liners to liquid but every once in a while, I want a different look. I bought this one because it was cheap and waterproof. I like that the brush doesn't fray like some other cheap liquid liners with similar brushes, but it does flake off a little towards the end of the day. I'm not wowed by this product, but its ok for a different look at a cheap price.

Yes, lasts all day (sometimes a little bit of flaking towards the inner corners of my eyes, but at least it doesn't smudge. At. All.). Yes, application takes some time to get used to. Yes, looks vinyl-y--but if it lasts all day and the only person getting close enough to notice how vinyl-y it is is going to be a boy who doesn't even notice and it's dirt cheap, why not.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I think this product is just decent, nothing particularly special, but something that you can get use out of until you find your favorite liquid eyeliner. I do like the very fine tip, great for precise application, but if you are attempting cat eyes, they are a little tricky when creating the tail because the tip is so thin. Overall, I don't like how the liner dries, it looks cheap. It stays on great, but again, it looks plastic like. I don't like that I had to keep re-applying coat after coat because it dried so quickly before I was even able to swoop across the entire lid, which made the look way too thick. Others might love this liner, but I am not a big fan.

It's official. I've been using this product for 16 years! The tiny brush gives me super control & I can apply thinner, or wider lines with ease. Best used for cat-like eyes, which is my daily look, but I discovered this in my younger goth days. Once it's on, this eyeliner is staying put. For those who don't like that plasticy, or polished look, what you want is the regular Ultra Liner, NOT in waterproof. That will give you a matte finish. I recommend powdering the lid for a good adhesive base.

the only thing I like is that it's waterproof and the packaging. I just do not like how it looks when it's dry, looks shiny and plasticy and kind of hard to remove even with makeup remover. so I will not be purchasing thing again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great packaging! Loved the brush! But the liner itself? Not good. About an hour after I applied it, I looked in the mirror and noticed it was PEELING off! Not flaking. Like, I could literally peel it off. I threw the rest of it out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I bought this b/c my aunt liked it. Not for me. It dries with a gloss and is hard to apply. Good for funerals or a day when you will be crying alot, or swimming. Those are the only times I use it.

i hate this it cost me six bucks and the brush sux. the handle is short and it impossible to line my eyes in a straight line, it is terrible. i hate that i wasted money on it. :(

For a while, this was my go to eyeliner. I have extremely oily lids. In addition, I always unintentionally touch my eyelids and for such reason, I like this eyeliner because it is really that only liner that doesn't smudge. It applies and dries like a paint and doesn't have the chalky texture that most liners have. That being said, it does flake off. There are times, when the corner starts to flake and I can actually peel the whole thing off. The applicator is very soft which for me, makes its hard to apply it. I tend to press down really hard and it ends up getting very shreaky. I find that when you don't apply it correctly the first time, adding layers onto the first coat can make it crack and flake off more easily.

I don't know if I would buy this product again. I would only recommend this product to people want an eyeliner that does not smudge and at the same time are good at applying liquid liners.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like how the thin brush lets me draw a thin line and the liner is waterproof/smudgeproof but these are the only things I like about it.

What I don't like: For me, it got thick and glumpy in less than a few weeks and that made it hard to get a thin line. But the most annoying thing was that I had to apply a thin coat of this because thicker coats flake and peel off. Because of the peeling, it's definitely not rub-proof.

I think if you're good with liquid eyeliner and can get a perfect line in only a few strokes -- even better if you can get it done in one sweeping stroke -- this might work for you. But I like to do lots of short strokes and then go back over the line to smooth it out so I can't get a thin coat on.

Lastly, when it dries, it's very shiny -- it's like applying patent vinyl to your lashline. To be honest, I can't think of a look this would be appropriate for except maybe theatrical wear. I wouldn’t choose this for smoky or natural looks.