September 1, 2014 | 945 users online

Conditioner - Matrix - Biolage - Conditioning Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2009 2:54:00 AM More reviews by the_hybrid

I bought this product based on the reviews, and while I like the smell of it I wouldn't repurchase. I have dry hair of medium thickness and this conditioner does not make my hair feel any silkier or softer after air-drying. Actually, the best conditioning I have had is from coating my hair in hot olive oil for about an hour or so before shampooing it out and then following up with any conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit 8/18/13 : the reformulation of this is decent. It softens and hydrates but doesnt do much else. It leaves some areas fuzzy. Probably best used in higher dew points because of the aloe. Will keep on hand but I have found better treatments ** I love the way this smells. It also moisturizes very well, but leaves my hair a little fuzzy, which is why I gave it a four. My hair feels super soft though. It makes detangling very easy. I even buy the generic version from Sally's when money is a bit tight. I bought the tube since it makes it easier to use in the shower. I have even had the tub at one time. Worth a shot f you have normal-to-dry hair. Edit: gave this five lippies. Found out I only need to use just a bit to get good results. One of my HG hair conditioners and deep treatments. It seriously hydrates like nobody's business. I have tried both the name brand and Sally's knockoff and they both work the same. I love the smell still. Update: 1/6/13 Started to use this as a leave in after the hair board raved about it and I will have to say they were right. It isn't too heavy and since it is cone-free, I can use this everyday without worrying about build-up. It leaves my hair soft and controlled with adequate shine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 10:29:00 AM More reviews by island_honey

I love this conditioner. My hair has been looking great ever since I started using this. I have long hair that is very fine and prone to split ends. It makes your hair so shiny and it smells divine. I heat style my hair 2-3x a week so I needed a conditioner to help repair and prevent any damage. I'm on my second tube and will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by OutOfLine

This is definitly a exeptional product. Because I already have healthy hair it wasnt like WOW! But it did everything I expected a great conditioner to do. Leave my hair soft, silky, smooth, friz free, and manageable.
___________________________________________________________
I am not a fan of the packaging... I hate unscrewing lids while in te shower because my hands get slippery from other products. But it does let you use ALL the product and its too thick to be put into a normal conditioner bottle. With that in mind, only a dime size is necessary to achieve the desired results.
___________________________________________________________
Yes, this is expensive. But dont go wasting your money on drugstore shampoos/conditioners.... they're no good for the long-run of you hair.
This cost me 40$ CDN for a set of a large shampoo and this conditioner at a beauty supply store.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 3:47:00 PM More reviews by ToxicBailey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG conditioner - I am IN LOVE with it. I came across a sample of this stuff and didn't expect much. But when I used it, I could REALLY tell a difference because my hair was left feeling so soft, smooth, and moisturized. After that, I didn't hesitate to buy a full-sized tube of this great conditioner.
I've been using it for about a month and a half and my hair is in great condition. I'd really recommend this to anyone :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2008 9:18:00 PM More reviews by SolangeAtira

This stuff is AMAZING! It restored my dry, damaged mane to it's once luxurious self. I can't say enough good things about it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2008 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

This is a great conditioner. I have a tub of this that I often forget about because I am always buying new hair products and trying different conditioners for my dry, highlighted hair. But when I remember this and actually use it, I am always surprised at how well it hydrates. It does leave my hair curly and very well conditioned. I love the scent - it seems so fresh and clean to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by kinonyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff works very well on my fine, curly, colored, prone-to-frizzy hair. It makes my hair start curling while it's still wet, as soon as I've gotten out of the shower--always a good sign. It has a very neutral scent, and the price is right (especially if you get it in large quantities from cosmeticmagic.com. I just wiish the tub were easier to handle in the shower! Update 9/21/12: after that website went out of business I forgot how great this stuff is! Now my hair has changed texture, it's wavy and curly and is easy to weigh down, and I've been on a months-long quest for the right products. Is stuff no longer makes it curl in the shower, but it does make it bouncy and healthy-looking. I'm glad I found it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by BlackBirdFly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can not believe how horrible this stuff is. I have used nearly all the "cheap" brands such as Aussie, Suave, Pantene, etc. They all worked well for me. My hair is naturally a bit dry and frizzy though so about a week ago when I had a bit more money on hand I decided to splurge a little and buy this product. The reviews on here seemed so great! I was very excited to use it. It felt like it was working well in the shower but once I got out and my hair started to dry it felt worse and worse. My hair felt extremely greasy, like I hadn't washed it in weeks! It was very frizzy and felt more dry than ever before! I can't believe I wasted 25 bucks on a jar of this...trash. I have never been so displeased with a product in my entire life. I will NEVER buy this again, even if it was the cheapest product out there. I'll stick to Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. MUCH cheaper and MUCH better for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2008 12:42:00 AM More reviews by flufffycloud9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I cannot rave enough about this conditioning balm (I use it in conjunction with the hydrating shampoo). After using this stuff for the past 9 days, my hair is back to gorgeousness. I thought Day 1 was good. Day 9 is amazing. I have great hair days every day. Soft hair that's healthy looking and feeling. Plus all this and still frizz-free even when it's drizzling out (I live in FL). My hair still has body & fullness but there's now a smooth type bounce to it that hasn't been there.... ever? It also stays silky & does not get tangled during the day now. And after 9 days, there should be build-up from a product that from its results seems so moisturizing. But there is none. I examined the individual strands today & they look sturdy, healthy, and shiny where they used to be dull and ragged. I had my last trim (inch off) a whole month ago but I could not find a single split-end. HG squared, I love this, I have thrown out all my other ineffectual "deep" conditioners. Way to go Matrix! P.S. I still use this product exactly as described below. The only change to my routine is I have added 4 sprays of Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner by Sexy Hair after squeeze-toweling my hair and before blow-drying upside down with a paddle brush. My hair doesn't need it for moisture help or detangling or anything (the conditioner does that beautifully), I use it to add protection from my blow-dryer. Always use heat protection! :)

PERVIOUS REVIEW: I bought this specifically because my hairdresser said it was just the thing for my severely damaged hair. And she is a nice lady, not a product-pusher so I trusted her and bought it. My sister has been raving about this stuff for years but I never listened to her lol.
Background-
My hair: very fine but a lot of it, shoulder-blade length, sliiightly wavy when air-dried (which is not often), dry, burned (on the ends from using a flat iron on too high heat), coloured often, & blow-dried daily.
OH EM GEE. I have only used it once so far and I'm very excited. I was about to give up on my hair, it was in such bad shape... I just wanted to pull it out. But this morning I used this & for the first time my hair is in much closer shape to pre-burning it/pre-colouring it. It was amazing. I couldn't stop touching my hair. I am very much looking forward to continued improvement with continued use, as so many helpful girls on here have reviewed as happening. As it is now, my hair feels almost virgin again and I am so glad I purchased this! I scooped out a quarter sized dollop (due to reading other reviewers warnings that less is more with this stuff) through my entire wet hair after lathering with a nickel of the Biolage moisturizing shampoo (again, less is more). I left the conditoner on for 3-4 minutes while loofahing my body. It rinsed out well & pretty quickly but not so cleanly (as I've experienced with pretty much all other conditioners) that I couldn't tell I'd used it. It was still slightly slippery in a very good way. After squeeze-toweling dry, I didn't even need to put a leave-in conditioner on my hair to comb it out, my hair was just super silky all on its own. That in itself was a miracle since my hair is always super tangly and squishy (if you know what I mean, you'll realize how truly damaged my hair is) no matter what in-shower conditioner was used in the past. The way the comb slipped right through it in addition to having a great, pre-damage-like hair day makes this pending holy grail material.*

*HG pending due to past conditioners disappointing me & becoming ineffective or damaging after a few weeks of use. I will update after a week or two of using both shampoo & conditioner to see if hair improves further with use or if conditioner become ineffective and/or causes build-up or brittleness.*

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No