April 17, 2014 | 1731 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2004 9:09:00 PM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG daily sunscreen, has a subtle tint. Wears well and can be used under makeup. Doesn't clog pores. Has no obvious scent. I'm onto my third tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2004 1:16:00 AM More reviews by ShiningAngel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff! I had bad experiences with other sunblocks because of the chemicals but because this contains only titanium oxide, no such issues at all! I wonder if i'm doing double job as I put Clinique's Pore Minimizer before this but it feels good, and foundation goes on more smoothly, so who cares..=p Heard that Clinique will be coming out with Active White in SPF30 in April, and it cotains zinc oxide as well, so can't wait to try it!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2004 4:51:00 PM More reviews by orch_id

i bought this before spring break last year and by the third day i had a huge allergic reaction to it, everywhere it touched on my face was swollen red and itchy (but i hadn't even been in the sun yet!). its weird because the package says its hypoallergenic.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2004 1:27:00 PM More reviews by vividsenses

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thanks MUA, I hated clinique products and would never have bought this if I never read the good reviews.

Very impressed with the sunblock. My oily and sensitive skin is matte and does not break out after application.

Two grouses though, the tinted colour makes my foundation appears more grey and cakey. The tube costs S$41. Would want to try shiseido translucent stick sunblock next.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2004 3:24:00 AM More reviews by gamine

This is a tinted physical sunscreen that hasn't broken me out in a rash unlike the sunscreens you get in the drugstore that mostly has irritating chemical SPFs. Just because of that I am giving it a good rating. The tint is there so you don't get the white cast (at least for light complexions). Though it doesn't really give me any real coverage it does even out some redness on my cheeks. I don't find this to be greasy, instead it absorbed well, making my skin matte so it's good under makeup. It has a faint sunscreen smell but it's not bothersome to me. It's a little hard to spread on the face and it's pricey for the amount, but I'll buy it again since I can't get anything else that won't break my skin out.

Edit 6/11/05: Not good to use on dry skin b/c the white cast will accentuate flaky skin. Even in the summer months when my skin isn't dry, it stills does that. Took off one point. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2003 5:47:00 AM More reviews by santokie77

I am on my third tube in the last two years. Other reviewers have gone into a lot of details about this product, so I will just write about my personal experience.

I really like the fact that it is SPF 25, and I wear minimal SPF 15, and although the tube is only 1.4 oz, it seems to last quite awhile on me. It is a sheer coverage so it's not intended to cover major flaws. I use this product when I am going for the natural look. For someone with oily skin, this is pretty non greasy for me and I really like the product. If I could find another product for cheaper I would buy it, but I buy two at a time during Clinique GWP and it works out well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2003 10:36:00 PM More reviews by sandydarling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this years ago from my mom as a sunscreen but also makeup base - and I hated it! It smelled bad, was hard to blend, and never really worked into my skin. The other day, I found a tube that I purchased over the summer and I applied it and I realized the goodness of this product. I found that I need quite a bit to cover my face thoroughly without blending problems, and as it is winter, I need a moisturizer underneath too. However, it works really well as a tinted moisturizer! It spread nicely over my face when I had a lump about the size of a peanut M&M. This solves my problem of always needing sunscreen, so I really love the product now. I can only use it on my "good skin days" though, otherwise it just doesn't blend into broken out skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2003 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Lady_Windermere

Very matte for a sunscreen. One cannot tell that one is wearing it. However, it made me feel like I was not fully sun protected
It is tinted and although it does not show, it does rub off onto collars just like foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2003 12:16:00 PM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading a review by Paula B. and this product was a Paula's Pick. I did not have very good luck with it. I broke out within two days. It also goes on very dry and it not easy to add make-up afterwards. Though some women sware by this product for me it was a problem. Will definately not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2003 1:17:00 AM More reviews by chinagirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm on my umpteenth tube of this stuff.I practically bathe in this stuff.I'm very pale and have extremely oily zit prone skin and for some reason this has never broken me out.I put it all over my face,even the eye area,and makeup glides over it.I even use a tiny bit when I go out at night because it evens out my skin so well.Unless I find something that works just as well but cheaper,I'll keep using it.