August 21, 2014 | 1765 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2004 3:56:00 PM More reviews by anairam

Porbably It is a little early to do this review but I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!. I am using for 2 days and I can tell you is the best. I try Shiseido SPF50 and DDF organic SPF 30. Shiseido was good but expensive and leaves a white castle. DDF was good in the beginning but after several used my skin could not breath (not break out, but I think it was clogging my pores).

Clinique is great. Good color, good antioxidants. My skin is smooth and beatiful. Thanks BabiH for the recomendation!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2004 10:48:00 AM More reviews by barbiH

UPDATE (August 2006) Boo hiss Clinique for reformulating the Super City Block, spf 25. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!

Here's the "old" ingredient listing:
Active ingredient: titanium dioxide; water (aqua purificata) purified, octyl dodecyl neopentanoate, titanium dioxide, butylene glycol, cyclomethicone, steareth-2, silica, behenoxy dimethicone, zinc oxide, tricaprylin, lecithin, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, bisabolol, pantethine, tocopheryl acetate, polyglyceryl-6 ricinoleate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, trifluoromethyl c1-4 alkyl dimethicone, tricaprylyl citrate, sorbitan tristearate, silver borosilicate, carnosic acid, carnosol extract, tococysteamide, peg-40 stearate, ceteth-2, dimethicone copolyol, steareth-20, sodium stearate, alumunium stearate, barium sulfate, magnesium aluminium silicate, xanthan gum, citric acid, disodium edta, bht, iron oxides (ci77491, ci77492, ci77499

I just bought a new tube and here's the new listing:
Active Ingredient: titanium dioxide 8/8%

Ingredients: water purified, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, cyclopentasiloxane, steareth 2, silica, behenoxy dimethicone, tricaprylin, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, bisabolol, pantethine, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, isopropyl titanium trisostearate, trifluoromethyl c1-4 akyl dimethicone, tricaprylyl citrate, sorbitan tristearate, fish collagen, sodium chondroitin sulfate, ubiquinone, silver borosilicate, romarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, tococysteamide, peg-40 stearateceteth-2, peg/ppg-1818 dimethicone, steareth-20, sodium stearate, aluminum stearate, barium sulfate, magnesium aluminum silicate, carbomer, xanthan gum, citric acid, disodium edta, bht, iron oxides, zinc oxide

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2004 6:38:00 PM More reviews by redorb

I use this every just about every day and have been for years. I started with the SPF 15 and now use the SPF 25. The texture is great and it goes on smoothly and absorbs easily into my skin. It does not clog my pores. The tint is light, but it's all I need during the day. When I want more coverage, I use Clinique Almost Makeup (SPF 15) I won't use chemical sunscreens and this is the only tinted sunscreen I've found that doesn't contain them.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/29/2004 4:07:00 PM More reviews by teru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros...

-It's very lightly tinted

-The texture is nice and creamy but some may find this a little too heavy

-Contains SPF and comes in a small tube making it easy to carry around

Cons...

- It smells like acrylic paint to me

- My skin became very very dry in the areas where I had used it but immediately recovered soon after I stopped using it. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2004 9:09:00 PM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG daily sunscreen, has a subtle tint. Wears well and can be used under makeup. Doesn't clog pores. Has no obvious scent. I'm onto my third tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2004 1:16:00 AM More reviews by ShiningAngel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff! I had bad experiences with other sunblocks because of the chemicals but because this contains only titanium oxide, no such issues at all! I wonder if i'm doing double job as I put Clinique's Pore Minimizer before this but it feels good, and foundation goes on more smoothly, so who cares..=p Heard that Clinique will be coming out with Active White in SPF30 in April, and it cotains zinc oxide as well, so can't wait to try it!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2004 4:51:00 PM More reviews by orch_id

i bought this before spring break last year and by the third day i had a huge allergic reaction to it, everywhere it touched on my face was swollen red and itchy (but i hadn't even been in the sun yet!). its weird because the package says its hypoallergenic.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2004 1:27:00 PM More reviews by vividsenses

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thanks MUA, I hated clinique products and would never have bought this if I never read the good reviews.

Very impressed with the sunblock. My oily and sensitive skin is matte and does not break out after application.

Two grouses though, the tinted colour makes my foundation appears more grey and cakey. The tube costs S$41. Would want to try shiseido translucent stick sunblock next.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2004 3:24:00 AM More reviews by gamine

This is a tinted physical sunscreen that hasn't broken me out in a rash unlike the sunscreens you get in the drugstore that mostly has irritating chemical SPFs. Just because of that I am giving it a good rating. The tint is there so you don't get the white cast (at least for light complexions). Though it doesn't really give me any real coverage it does even out some redness on my cheeks. I don't find this to be greasy, instead it absorbed well, making my skin matte so it's good under makeup. It has a faint sunscreen smell but it's not bothersome to me. It's a little hard to spread on the face and it's pricey for the amount, but I'll buy it again since I can't get anything else that won't break my skin out.

Edit 6/11/05: Not good to use on dry skin b/c the white cast will accentuate flaky skin. Even in the summer months when my skin isn't dry, it stills does that. Took off one point. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2003 5:47:00 AM More reviews by santokie77

I am on my third tube in the last two years. Other reviewers have gone into a lot of details about this product, so I will just write about my personal experience.

I really like the fact that it is SPF 25, and I wear minimal SPF 15, and although the tube is only 1.4 oz, it seems to last quite awhile on me. It is a sheer coverage so it's not intended to cover major flaws. I use this product when I am going for the natural look. For someone with oily skin, this is pretty non greasy for me and I really like the product. If I could find another product for cheaper I would buy it, but I buy two at a time during Clinique GWP and it works out well for me.