November 27, 2014 | 1354 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2004 5:12:00 AM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favourite sunblock. I always have it. I really like its consistency: it goes very smooth, doesn't leave white residue, it is not heavy, not drying, no breakouts and it even fixes makeup better. It also gives a healthy glow to the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2004 1:54:00 PM More reviews by davidson

I love this stuff. I have sensitive, combo skin and it works really well for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2004 5:31:00 PM More reviews by MissPurple

This amazing sunscreen is one of my favorite products. It's slightly tinted, gives the face a sheer matte finish, also evens out the skin tone a little bit. I don't find this oily at all, very light and smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2004 3:19:00 PM More reviews by IrisintheRain

This is definitely one of my favorite sunscreens. The only problem I've ever had with it was that it's so expensive! But it had a wonderful feel, all physical sunscreens, and didn't break my pissy skin out. Alas, if it were only cheaper, this would be my HG...but it's not...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2004 9:38:00 PM More reviews by autumn95

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

UPDATE: this is for the original spf 25 product. 2007 has a sheer spf 25 product. I dislike both but they are different.

This would be a good sunscreen for someone who has good skin that would wear a sunscreen product only.

My biggest complaint is that I put this sunscreen on and it left my face feeling too matt or chalky feeling. I wanted to put some makeup over it and I could not blend it. The product left a texture on my face; was not compatiable with any makeup.

I prefer a sunscreen that absorbs into my skin and does not interfere with any additional makeup that I might want to wear. I really wanted to like this product as I wanted a higher SPF. I am still using my OoO spf 15 lotion. The search goes on for a higher spf sunscreen compatiable with makeup for an oily sensitve skin person like me.

BTW I did return this and got a full refund (with receipt) at the Bay. I had purchased this (and another item to meet the $24.00 min purchase required for GWP) No hassles; no questions asked. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2004 3:56:00 PM More reviews by anairam

Porbably It is a little early to do this review but I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!. I am using for 2 days and I can tell you is the best. I try Shiseido SPF50 and DDF organic SPF 30. Shiseido was good but expensive and leaves a white castle. DDF was good in the beginning but after several used my skin could not breath (not break out, but I think it was clogging my pores).

Clinique is great. Good color, good antioxidants. My skin is smooth and beatiful. Thanks BabiH for the recomendation!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2004 10:48:00 AM More reviews by barbiH

UPDATE (August 2006) Boo hiss Clinique for reformulating the Super City Block, spf 25. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!

Here's the "old" ingredient listing:
Active ingredient: titanium dioxide; water (aqua purificata) purified, octyl dodecyl neopentanoate, titanium dioxide, butylene glycol, cyclomethicone, steareth-2, silica, behenoxy dimethicone, zinc oxide, tricaprylin, lecithin, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, bisabolol, pantethine, tocopheryl acetate, polyglyceryl-6 ricinoleate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, trifluoromethyl c1-4 alkyl dimethicone, tricaprylyl citrate, sorbitan tristearate, silver borosilicate, carnosic acid, carnosol extract, tococysteamide, peg-40 stearate, ceteth-2, dimethicone copolyol, steareth-20, sodium stearate, alumunium stearate, barium sulfate, magnesium aluminium silicate, xanthan gum, citric acid, disodium edta, bht, iron oxides (ci77491, ci77492, ci77499

I just bought a new tube and here's the new listing:
Active Ingredient: titanium dioxide 8/8%

Ingredients: water purified, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, cyclopentasiloxane, steareth 2, silica, behenoxy dimethicone, tricaprylin, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, bisabolol, pantethine, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, isopropyl titanium trisostearate, trifluoromethyl c1-4 akyl dimethicone, tricaprylyl citrate, sorbitan tristearate, fish collagen, sodium chondroitin sulfate, ubiquinone, silver borosilicate, romarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, tococysteamide, peg-40 stearateceteth-2, peg/ppg-1818 dimethicone, steareth-20, sodium stearate, aluminum stearate, barium sulfate, magnesium aluminum silicate, carbomer, xanthan gum, citric acid, disodium edta, bht, iron oxides, zinc oxide

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2004 6:38:00 PM More reviews by redorb

I use this every just about every day and have been for years. I started with the SPF 15 and now use the SPF 25. The texture is great and it goes on smoothly and absorbs easily into my skin. It does not clog my pores. The tint is light, but it's all I need during the day. When I want more coverage, I use Clinique Almost Makeup (SPF 15) I won't use chemical sunscreens and this is the only tinted sunscreen I've found that doesn't contain them.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/29/2004 4:07:00 PM More reviews by teru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros...

-It's very lightly tinted

-The texture is nice and creamy but some may find this a little too heavy

-Contains SPF and comes in a small tube making it easy to carry around

Cons...

- It smells like acrylic paint to me

- My skin became very very dry in the areas where I had used it but immediately recovered soon after I stopped using it. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2004 9:09:00 PM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG daily sunscreen, has a subtle tint. Wears well and can be used under makeup. Doesn't clog pores. Has no obvious scent. I'm onto my third tube.