September 22, 2014 | 987 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this along with the Daily moisturizer with SPF 15. Never had any problems with this cleanser, one of the few where I didn't break out when I switched over. When I use it regularly it works for clearing out blackheads. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by gumiho

It was a pretty good cleanser, but for some reason it leaks out the bottom and leaves a huge mess so...not happy with that. I did get a $2 coupon with it though, so that was a plus, but I don't know if that applies to all products, or if it was just my store.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by iluhvns

I'M IN LOVE! For the longest time I tried all sorts of acne medicated cleansers in attempt to clear up my light/mild acne and nothing worked well for a long time. Things would work for a few weeks, then just stop. So I just decided to quit with all the harsh chemicals and go with the classic that was made for JUST a cleansing. And I do say, I wash my face with this twice a day and in a little less than a week, my acne has cleared up nicely! I feel really clean after I've used this, and I don't feel like I've just fed my face a bunch a chemicals. Everybody should at least give this stuff a try, in my opinion!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Sobria

I bought this because the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser was too gentle for me.
This made my face red and dried out. It was irritated basically. Didn't cause any acne, but I don't like leaving my skin thirsty even if I use my moisturizer afterwards. It's just way too harsh. My mom used it as well and she said it left her skin tight.

____________________________________________________
Update: 12/7/2012

I gave this another chance as I ran out of my expensive cleanser which had to be ordered online. It removes my makeup well and cleanses my face. I've had harsher cleansers before. It doesn't make my face red that much anymore unless I over-cleanse. I would definitely buy this again considering the good price for the amount I get. I won't be buying fancy cleansers anymore.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by kavitabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It does get all the dirt, oil & makeup out. But it left my face very dry & I started to break out a coupla days later. It burns a little but it maybe because i have very drk skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by jenib

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

LOVE this stuff. Was a devoted "Dermalogica Girl" for years, spending $40 on bottles of their Special Cleansing Gel which is just that....a gel cleanser for normal to oily skin. One day I ran out completely and went to Ulta to replenish only to find they had NONE left! I needed face cleanser but had no idea what else to buy, so I thought "Well, I know they have Cetaphil and that's cheap and sorta similar, so I'll get that and use it til Ulta gets more of my usual stuff in." Well, imagine my surprise when I ended up loving the Cetaphil! Keeps oil at bay yet doesn't strip my skin or make it feel tight. No breakouts. Seems to remove my makeup just fine. Pleasant scent. For 1/8th of the price of what I was paying before! No-brainer, I'm sticking with the Cetaphil from now on!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by theparsley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This gave me the pleasure of having my first cystic cheek acne! I tried this last year and forgot to review it, probably because I want to forget I ever used it. I was just starting to figure out what worked for my skin and I picked this up since everyone I know said how basic and gentle it is. I used it for about a month. At first it seemed to be doing okay; it did leave a film and I think my blackheads actually got worse. Then the cystic acne showed up. It was really bad and it even did the same thing to my husband at exactly the same time! Previously I never had a zit on my cheeks. I am still dealing with the hyperpigmentation marks 9 months later.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 7:04:00 AM More reviews by DrKimberly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent cleanser and highly recommended by many prestigious cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists. While I appreciate (and appreciated) all the rave reviews and endorsements of high faluttin' folk like Nip-Tuckees, I still wanted to give it a whirl on my own. As such, I've been a fan of this cleanser on and off for nearly a decade.

It's great for oily and acne prone skin and also a grand overall cleanser. When I'm out of my beloved La Roche Posay Effaclar, I reach for this one. Cetaphil is an affordable, healthful, and effective cleanser. If you're on a budget, but want quality give this a whirl.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by jacko90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE this product! Have been using this for 8 years and it always does the trick with making my skin look beautiful!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by barnycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Heavily scented and burned my sensitive skin every time I used it. Between the smell and burning I could not use this product. I double checked the package to be sure I was reviewing the proper product due to the glowing reviews here. This stuff is not for someone with sensitive skin or nose.