April 19, 2014 | 1735 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by LeiMar86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this cleanser! I've been using it for about 3 years now and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. This keeps my face super clean and ready for any serums/moisturizers. At night I wash my face twice and it never feels stripped or tight. This also keeps my breakouts at bay.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by YOLOXOXO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Recommendation's:
-Use with another acne treating product( I use clearasil face wash after i use cetaphil.)
-Apply lotion after use

Good-
-Removes makeup easily
-pimples fade within first few uses
-smell is terrible
-easy twist pump
-large bottle

Bad-
-using another acne clearing product with it, is recommended by me
-drys out skin (as most washes do)

Overall, I recommend you buy it; also pick up a bottle of clearasil NEW ultra face wash and use after you use cetaphil (morning and night) then apply lotion. (Clearasil is around $5-$7)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by jwow1230

I live in NYC now so the price is a bit higher than normal.. BUT the packaging is awesome bc of the twist open and close pump. and honestly HONESTLY. HOOONNNNESTTTLY. this stuff really REALLY helped my skin. after a terrible break out...and i mean terrible as in all over my forehead and cheeks...after using a bad product in the past..i started using the regimen BP treatment but it really made my skin dry and I was developing aging skin with wrinkles and such under my eyes =( but i read about cetaphil and got it about a month ago. It's really been soothing to my skin and my wrinkles from dryness has been clearing. I stil get pimples and my blemishes, i'll probably take with me to my grave...but this stuff REALLY WORKS. AND NOTHING WORKS ON MY SKIN. SERIOUSLY. and people...STAY AWAY FROM BP IM SERIOUS IT WILL RUIN UR SKIN. that is all :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by bluebirdie_ca

I do not love this cleanser because it does not clean my pores as well as salicylic acid cleansers, and it does not remove makeup as well as cleansing oil or cold cream. My toner cotton pads always come out dirty after using Cetaphil cleanser. I also get seriously clogged pores and breakouts if I use Cetaphil as my only facial cleanser. So I have to include BHA/sulfur cleansers in rotation when I use Cetaphil. So why such a high rating from me?

On top of BHA/Sulfur acne products, I also use sonic brush, at home microdermabration, tazorac, retinol, all for acnes. With all these, washing with strong cleansers a few times per day can be irritating especially on more matured skin. So I started using Cetaphil before tazorac, and Cetaphil with sonic brush, and have found my skin does not get as irritated. Cetaphil cleanser does not interfere with other acne fighting products. For this specific purpose, I give this cleanser a rating of 5. And for this purpose, Cetaphil works better than most department store brand cleansers.

I started with Cetaphil Gentle cleanser but found it too ineffective. I'm sure that would work for people with more balanced skin. Cetaphil for Norm/oily skin works better for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by healthyglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had to change my review~
At first this broke me out, but I continued to use it, and it's good! It washes all my makeup off and makes my face feel fresh and free. My blemishes are fading and it smells nice. I can use it everyday and doesn't over dry my skin like other cleansers I have tried in the past.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by lass917

I've been using this off and on for years. My skin seems to have been at its best whenever I'd used it consistently along with a couple other products. It is one of the only washes I've ever tried to not leave my skin red, irritated and sometimes itchy after showering (this goes for face, neck, and chest). It seems to do a decent job of cleaning without stripping my skin, which I really love. However, it doesn't do the BEST job of cleaning, and so it's important that I use a good toner or something after using this, otherwise I do eventually begin to break out a little. But I really do love how non-irritating it is for me. Oh, and the scent is AWFUL! I can't believe some people like it. I feel like I can taste it and smell it on my breath for a little while after cleansing, which is disgusting because it is so medicinal and gross. I really can't stand it. Still, not too huge a drawback for an otherwise decent product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2012 4:24:00 AM More reviews by sophiapirie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this because i was having a little acne. I have semi oily skin but sensitive to face washes. So i bought this and i think i'll stick with my natural brand cream face wash. Anything that suds up like soap just automatically strips my face and then makes me over produce my oil...causing me to break out usually. I'll stick with my other cleanser, i gave this to my brother.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by BettyBabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely my HG of skin products. I've had horrible, oily, acne-prone skin since I was 9 years old, and my confidence has been almost non-existent because of it. I'm 16 now, so I've had about 7 years of searching for this product and I wish I had found it sooner.

Before this, I've always tried using things specially formulated for acne-prone skin alone, but due to the recent changes in my skin, I've found that most products (even my prescription medications) seemed to do almost nothing for my skin. The most any other product seemed to be able to do for my skin was to dry it out, make it even more oily, and sometimes cause cystic acne, but after using this and my usual regimen, I swear I'll never go back. For the first time since I was a kid, my skin is clean, healthier looking, my pores are smaller and my blackheads are disappearing. While my results weren't produced from simply using the cleanser alone, I've still found it's the only one that really affects my skin in a positive way and leaves it with a nice, clean feeling.

My routine:

+Wash with Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser twice a day - morning and night.
+Use a baking soda exfoliant every 2-3 nights.
+Use a lemon juice/water toner.
+Use a VERY small amount of Cetaphil gentle moisturizer - morning and night.
+Steam face once a week and use a blackhead extractor tool.

It's been almost a two weeks since I've started this regimen and I've seen an undeniable change in my appearance. I'm absolutely pleased beyond words and, like I said, wish I had started this regimen a long time ago to save myself the scarring.

There are a few cons though, as some others have pointed out, and I won't deny their existence. For starters, I don't find the fragrance to be as awful as some seem to think, but neither is it at all pleasant. I can definitely see why it bothers some people. As far as removing makeup goes, I'm not sure I can really speak for it - I try not to use that much makeup to begin with due to my acne, I've found that it does a splendid job of removing my concealer and eyeliner, provided a few more seconds of gentle scrubbing is applied. It will not remove my mascara though, and I ended up having to use a makeup remover to do that anyways. It also tends to leave the skin around my t-zone a little bit dry as well - but Cetaphil's moisturizer seems to take care of that pretty well, and I can't complain. And finally, it IS kind of pricey - but honestly, I've spent hundreds on products that don't work anyways, so $10 every couple of months doesn't bother me anyways.

All I can say is that this product is definitely right for me, and I'm so glad I decided to try it. However, I don't think it's meant to be used on its own as some sort of miracle solution for oily skin, especially for those who wear make up on a daily basis. I think that if it's used with a proper routine, it can definitely make a change in your skin and life. Either way, I find it's worth a shot - just make sure you have a good moisturizer on hand.

Seeing as I've only used it for the better part of two weeks, I'll try to update on my progress in a month or so to see if the product is still working as wonderfully as I find it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by MMartha

I have been using this for a year now and I'm never using any other cleanser! I suffer form moderate to severe acne I'm on prescription acne medicine, the creams that I use suggest to use Cetaphil and that's how I fist began using this cleanser. I use it to remove my makeup also and it works fine. It never dries out my skin or makes it feel tight I'm also using it on my back now and it's working. This thing is truly amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by buffydoggy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for years. This, in combination with a wash cloth, takes off all my makeup (except waterproof mascara). It doesn't dry out my skin and doesn't give me that dry skin feeling after cleansing either. My skin just feels clean and clear. Every so once in a while, I buy other cleansers that I think will work that are a little bit fancier but Cetaphil always works for me. I will continue to purchase this for a long time.