December 19, 2014 | 1714 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by lucycassw

I recently decidied to change my makeup as my previous makeup (Revoln Colourstay in Sand Beige) was starting to dry out my skin and make it real really heavy, dull and it looked awfull.
After alot of research and one miss I decided to try Estee Lauder Double wear as I wanted somehting that would a) last all day and in a fairly hot, busy envirnment, b) not dry out my skin and c) still look nice at the end of the day.
And this ticks all the boxes. I first tried this in Desert Beige, but found this to be too light. So I got the next shade up, Fresco, but fould this a little dull on my skin. So I got myself a coule of MAC pumps and tried mixing a pump of Fresco with a small amout of Desert Beige. This brightens it and looks amazing! I also mix in a little of No7 Skin Illumintor in Peach for a lolvey glow. I atchually thinks this looks better after a few hours as you get a nice dewy finish that is not oily.
After using for a few days my skin is so much better and is no longer dry. My only problem is my pores are still really visable.
Also, I used to have bad breakouts on my left cheek, forhead and chin. Scine stopping using Couloursaty, tmy spots have gone an d I have not broken out since. The foundatiuon also covers the old scars perfctly
As a reminder of just how good it is, i decided to use my old Revlon Coulourstay on my day off as to save my nice makeup, and i looked so grey and my face atchually felt heavy!
I would defently buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by katmint

I thought I would try this as it's been recommended to me by so many people- I have always used Revlon colorstay and i was told this was similar but better.

At first, I thought they were right, and when I first started using it it looked great- great coverage and consistency. But longterm, it just really detroyed my skin the way Colorstay never has, I got terrible breakouts with this stuff and somehow my skin even got drier at the same time. I really hoped this would be amazing but sadly it is 'special occassion only' for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 9:18:00 AM More reviews by valenetay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The ELDW is my first and only high-end foundation and I bought it after reading all the awesome reviews here. I wore it for a outdoor photo shoot to see how it performed.

Pros:
1. Long-lasting even in humid and hot weather - it lasted me throughout the photo shoot which took 6 hours in the hot sun, with lots of walking
2. Excellent coverage! Concealed the pores around the nose and hid the redness from blemishes beautifully.
3. You only need a very small amount of product each time since it's so blendable.

Cons:
1. I noticed some white cast in a few photos when the lighting wasn't right. This is probably due to the SPF in the product - or the sunscreen which I used underneath the foundation.
2. Classic Estee Lauder bottle design, pouring the foundation out might be a little messy. To overcome this, I poured some into a sample jar and used the product from there.

I'm still trying out different foundations from various brands but it's likely that I'll come back to ELDW!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 7:20:00 AM More reviews by SanyaX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mum got this for me as a gift and I must say its amazing ! Covers blemishes and spots you name it ! And it lasts the whole day ! It is abit pricey so i only wear this on occasions.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 5:32:00 AM More reviews by rachymayer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Over the last 29 years I have tried every foundation known to (wo) man – in every price range. My skin hasn’t changed much since I was 13 apart from a few light wrinkles and my pores getting larger with age – it’s still combination and pretty rubbish, much to my dismay and many thousands of pounds worth of products. Travelling to meetings/presentations, with regular long work days, plus providing the occasional late night “taxi service” for my three teenage children means I need something that I can put on and forget about whilst still looking fresh and polished. Well I may just have found it! The extremely helpful EL MA provided me with a weeks worth of sample in a little travel jar I had taken to the counter (I was sick of paying £40+ a pop only to find two days in that I hate the foundation. My dressing table was groaning under the strain of unused opened bottles – as was my long suffering hubby!!) A week later I am hooked and went to purchase the full size today. In fact I was that impressed I took my eldest teenage daughter with me to get her matched up and she now has a sample to try all this week- current feedback she loves it!! Downside I’m sure I will be the one paying for purchase next Saturday :-(. Summary – Great coverage (but don't overload as can look caked - needs a primer and best applied with fingers), matte finish that lasts all day, true colour matches, looks like the skin you always dreamed of. Ask your Estee lauder MA for a sample I'm sure they must provide the service at all stores and it they don't then they should do to show they stand by the effectiveness of their own product – I would say it try it and I'm sure you'll buy it - you have nothing to lose!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 6:33:00 AM More reviews by jorja13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This makeup has great coverage especially if you have uneven toned skin, or any blemishs like capillaries, it lasts all day long. EL need to add a pump to their packaging. Discovered a new shade Henna 4, girl at counter gave me a sample. I usually use Tawny for winter, this morning i mixed tawny with henna sample and I love it (its yellow tone) so going to go back to store to return shell beige for a swap of henna, (as I was going to try mixing tawny with shell beige). EL please bring out more yellow tones in DW as your makeup is a defenitely staple in my makeup regime. Tip good moisture cream eg. clinique dramatic underneath and no problem putting DW on your face, it helps it glide on. Bought a pump for my DW from MAC counter hope it works.. I have tried every makeup out there chanel, clinique, boots new, bobbi brown etc... sometimes I put a little MAC studio fix NC35 over DW tawny for a really nice finish...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by RosesBloom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh yes, definitely looks great on and has excellent coverage. It's like I instantly have flawless skin and you can't tell I am wearing make up. But it gave both my sister and I the worst acne I have ever had in my life. Seriously, my skin looked like a before picture for proactiv. Took me awhile to figure out it was the makeup, but sure enough, my nose and chin, the only.spots I didn't.put the makeup, were acne clear. And then my sister has managed to get her skin clear for a while now, but she broke out shortly after using this product on her cheeks- the only spot she put it on. If your skin has been a previous battle with acne, DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by HarleyChick1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! I like trying new products but I always come back to this one. You dont need a lot to get great coverage. I have oily skin and I never feel shiny while wearing it. It lasts all day. I cant say enough good things about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by aqelvis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First time my husband has ever commented on how good my skin looked....not the makeup, but my skin.....it was a great match, didn't feel as heavy as other longwear foundations, and looked great all day. It did not accentuate my wrinkles like some other longwear products did, and didn't appear mask like. Expensive yes, worth it, yes.....every day makeup I use my Missha BB Cream, but this is awesome when you want to look perfect!!!!!

Update: Although I still love this product, with my skin getting more fine lines, and a little drier in areas, it makes it very hard to get a perfect application without drawing attention to the lines....I never bothered trying to use the new formula, so I cannot say if they addressed this or not.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by TemptedByBeauty

This is a very good foundation also for oily skin. Stays perfectly during the whole day without need to correct the make up. I was hesitant when this product was recommended for me but now I'm definitely convinced. Perfect for long office hours and nights out.