April 19, 2014 | 1344 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by maggiethebeagle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I so wanted to love this product. I really need a good full coverage foundation for my extremely pale, acne-prone, scarred, large pored skin. I was color matched by the MA, but she had a hard time because I'm so pale. We ended up with Cool Bone. The positives - this does cover my pores & redness like a dream. However it feels a little odd on my skin. It doesn't budge, but it feels "not dry", I guess would be the best way to describe it. Even with powder over it. Another plus, it did not make me break out so it does get big props for that. Now the negatives: even though this was the lightest shade it was too dark for my skin. And it ended up oxidizing even more the longer I had it! I was very careful that I didn't contaminate the bottle, I poured out what I needed and then kept the bottle tightly closed but in one short month the color totally changed! I ended up returning it and changed to Revlon Colorstay Oily/Combo Skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by travelkay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i've tried so many foundations. I keep wanting to find something magical by another product line but I always go back to DoubleWear. It's good coverage. It DOESN'T make me break out and it doesn't wear off or smear on clothes. You will still need a powder over it as it's not as matte as I need. But 5 years tells me it's a winner!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I had a colour match and was given a 10 day sample to try... First impression was good. It's quite thick and is definitely a full coverage foundation, I don't have bad skin so this was far too heavy for my skin. As for controlling the oil I didn't notice any difference to a drug store foundation.

After using for 2 days I still wasn't impressed and noticed more blemishes coming up... I stopped using immediately.

The packaging is classy but not practical.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Straighttalk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been a professional makeup artist for over 15 years and have always believed that foundation should only improve upon your skin and you,not cover it all up. Double Wear foundation looks like you are wearing a mask on your face. It looks "like your wearing makeup", not like skin. It definitely is a foundation that wears very well. You couldn't budge it with a chisel.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by kimberly822

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This used to be my go to foundation because of my need to cover up all my blemishes and acne scarring but I have come to find out that this is what is causing me to break out in cysts and causing my cystic acne to overreact. It is terrible for me. It does the job of covering up. Can get thick if you double the layer in spots. Can be drying also in spots and over acne/blemishes. I do have oily skin too. Hope this helps

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Missmakeupgeek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! I have oily skin and mild blemishes! I've tried many foundations! I used to use YSL teint radiance and didnt think i would ever like anything else! I trailed Estée Lauder and fell in love with product! Would prefer the bottle of it was a pump but other than that can not fault the product! Great coverage! Blends easily! Colour range an service when buying was great! No shine and more or a Matt finish. Overall just great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by jordy1111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very pale skin, and have been searching for a foundation that won't make my extremely fair skin look orange or fake. Thankfully I found this product, and it's amazing. It has great coverage, and goes on really nicely. You need to take the time to apply it properly otherwise it can look cakey and blotchy, but when it's applied properly over primed and moisturised skin, it looks amazing.

You really need a moisturiser underneath it though, because it can be very dry. It also doesn't give me pimples, it's great! Stays on beautifully. I use Bone. Please don't discontinue this shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by ioannaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm sorry to say that I didn't like this foundation very much. It did provide full coverage but it was too heavy for my skin.
Actually my face has no problems, so I don't need a full coverage foundation. But I've read all those great reviews and I wanted to give it a try. Well, I felt that my skin couldn't breathe. DW was also guite oily and my face was rather cakey.
This may be a good product for older ladies or for those who need full coverage foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Eternalmakeup

I tried this foundation over a year ago and was very excited to try it because it was my first high end foundation and the estee lauder makeup counter recomended this product. Within the first two months of wearing this product, I instantly loved it. I have many acne scars and am very acne prone so this was a win because it didn't make me breakout and it covered all my redness. This foundtaion control oily skin extremely well, and leaves a very matte finish. Although this product is an extremely dry formula. I find myself to be oily and I still feel very dry if I don't put an excessive amount of moisturizer before I put this foundation on. The staying power is very good and the color is very spot on. I had finished the bottle, which lasted me around 9 months suprisingly and decided I would try other high end foundations. The mac studio finish in NW20 was a nightmare on my skin, this foundation tops that one instantly for me. So, I tried the Dior skin forever foundation and found it was an excellent full coverage foundation. The smell was excellent, not a dry formula and long lasting. This foundation is my go to foundation whenever I am going out. Whoever, for school and work purposes nothing can top my Estee Lauder double wear.. it smells like paint sometimes which worries me and is a bit cakey on my face but it gets the job done.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by NickiW83

I can't tell you how much time and money I have spent on finding my perfect foundation. I have super sensitive skin, and I react to pretty much everything I put in my face - not this though. I gives great coverage without being cakey, and makes your skin look flawless! It feels just so lovely on your skin. People around me noticed something
Different about me when I started using this, I had some great comments about my skin (which never happens usually!). A few tips, always use a foundation brush to apply - you get a much more professional finish plus it's easier to work. I wouldn't recommend this product to people with very dry skin as it would definitely dry them out even more! Stick to Daywear light instead. All in all a fantastic product - I'm so glad I found it :)