July 28, 2014 | 1791 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Alcohol-Free Toner

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2009 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Mandalilli

I reviewed this product when i first got it but now i strongly disagree with the good rating i gave it. Since using this i have broke out in many under the skin pimples, i guess they are called white heads.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Meljolie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eh. This is an okay toner. It isn't drying and doesn't leave my skin tight. It doesn't remove impurities that well and this is not something I'll rebuy. The scent is a bit too heavy for me (I prefer the Nivea blue one). It claims to not sting your face but I stung mine mildly for the first week I used it. So I guess it's not super gentle or my face is more sensitive than I thought. However, I like how it is alcohol free. I'm going to finish the bottle and see if it actually does something.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by EbiRamen

Well, nothing to rave about, it does it's job. =) I'm sticking with my Clinque 3!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by cjx3pooh

I like that this toner is alcohol free, but this leaves somewhat of a film on my skin and doesn't clean makeup very well. I wear washable makeup, so usually my cleanser washes most of it off and this toner cleans off whatever it didn't get. The scent is also kind of soap-y, which I don't know if I like. It didn't make my skin dry out, and I wouldn't buy this again because toner takes forever to use up and this has 8.5 oz. Pretty good value if you could care less about the results - for now, it's just something I'm going to use in between my Neutrogena Deep Clean Dual-Action Invigorating toner every other night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2008 4:06:00 PM More reviews by brwneyedgymnast23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this stuff a lot, not really as a toner but instead of washing my face. When I'm lazy, I'll just put some of this stuff on a cotton ball and wipe my face with it and it takes off all my makeup (or whatever's left of it) and the dirt on my face. It's pretty simple, no fragrance really, no SA or BP or anything, so it's gentle. My Mom, with very sensitive skin, also uses it with no problems. I would definitly buy this again and have many times.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by joy998

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this toner has too much fragerance and not so much stuff that will make my skin look better:)
It's the same as before i even bought and started using this toner.
WIll try a different one......

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2008 9:42:00 AM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I only use toner on my neck, as my neck is darker and yellower than my face, so I usually cleanse, tone and use whiteing products on my neck. I read the brilliant reviews here and decided on my trip to HK to get this toner. It wasnt cheap, I cant exactly remember the price but it was over 100HKD. I dont think they sell this toner in the UK, so even though its a tad bit expensive for a toner, I bought it.
Unfortunately, I didnt like the toner. It left my skin feeling sticky and itchy. Theres no rash but just felt really uncomfortable.
I didnt like the lid either. It could be just that my bottle has a faulty lid, but it would click back on easily. I had to carefully aim the sticking out bit to the hole.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2008 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Sua

I stopped using toners for at least a year now. My skin was getting along fine without it. Recently I started using Ly-Na Pearl Cream and it highlights all my dry areas and creates so many flakes (however does excellent job at evening my acne scars and face overall).

A lot of girls using the cream use toners along with it, so I decided to revisit Neutrogena's Alcohol-Free Toner. I remember using it a few years ago and liking it. Don't remember why I switched toners. After I started using this my dry areas started going away. It makes my face feel moisturized, soft, and refreshed. I don't feel/see any sticky or shiny film afterwards. It doesn't sting my (not severe) dry spots from bp and sa acne treatments either.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2008 4:46:00 AM More reviews by Dreamy

I have the oiliest T-zone, but the driest cheeks in the world that I have to use Eucerin on my cheeks after I wash my face...that is, until I met this toner! This toner has actually eliminated my need to use Eucerin on my face without making my t-zone feel overly oily. I also like how it's non-irritating on my skin and doesn't have alcohol! Not too many price-friendly toners can attest to this fact. This may just be my HG of toners :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by pinksugaraddict

this is my first toner i've ever used and i love it! the scent is very pleasant & it leaves my face feeling refreshed. also, after wiping it onto my face, i see brown colored stuff on my cotton round (i don't wear skin makeup like foundation/ concealer/ etc.)!

so that just proves that this really works! (or my cleanser isn't working o_o;) lol but anyway i also like how i can feel my skin tighten slightly ^^; which leads me to this: people with super dry skin, beware! this might cause your skin to flake and cause skin irritation (that's what happened with my brother).