September 30, 2014 | 1872 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by normy_normz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my holy grail concealer. I have gone through god knows how many of these and I cant live without it in my makeup bag. For acne and discolouration this concealer is perfect. I find that no matter how big bad and ugly the breakout this concealer will cover it! I find that I even use this with a foundation brush to stipple it into the skin to cover up the large areas of scarring. The only problem I have that stops this from being a 5 is that the colour isnt perfect for me but I am still able to work with it.... that being said I have ALWAYS had probelms finding a good colour as I am usually paler than the palest offering. If this came in a lighter colour it would be without a doubt a 5.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have very dry under eyes and this is one of the better concealers for my under eyes. it doesn't accentuate the dry skin around my eyes, i use shade #1 - it covers dark circles pretty well & brightens the eye area and it's easy to blend. this shade a tad lighter than my skin so i don't use it to cover brown spots... i use #2 to to that - which is tad darker than my skin. this concealer has thin consistency, which i prefer & it does it's job well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by beccydreena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got a great mini version of this concealer free with a foundation and have been using it for a few months now. I have shade 02 Light Medium, which is definitely a little too dark for me but still blends in rather well as long as I dont over do it.

I have to say I don't normally hold much stock in concealer, I've never found one that I actually find has done it's job particularly well (usually too light/too thin/too dark and leave me with obvious concealing patches which hide nothing) but this one is rather excellent.
The liquid is thick enough to actually conceal blemishes (and believe me this has come in handy recently thanks to my Clinique related break out).

I also use this around my eyes to even out and correct my tired and uneven tones in this area and it does a good job. Sometimes concealers in the under eye area just make me look older/worse if anything but this concealer doesnt.

The downside with this is of course the price, which is a little expensive for my pocket and why I gave this concealer a 4 not a 5, but I think if I continue to break out I wont be able to live without this once my sample runs out. So yes I think I will have to purchase another one of these to keep in my permanent collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wasn't a regular user of concealer until I noticed that while I really don't have dark circles, I always looked a little "tired" around the eyes. So when the EL counter I work at had an amazing deal on a kit with DoubleWear Light foundation and concealer with a foundation brush and the Spotlight Illuminating primer, I started using it.

I do agree this is a thick formulation, but as an SA for Lauder, there are a few "tricks" that can be used to thin it out to an consistency that's workable. You can add a drop of the Advanced Night Renewal or you can use the brand new Eye Illuminating Serum and mix a drop of that in, which is my peferred method. With the Eye Illuminating serum you get a touch of brightness along with excellent coverage of eye circles! I pat this gently around my entire eye area. This also helps with making eyeshadow wear longer, although I do use Urban Decay Primer Potion over it.

One tube of this will also last you a very long time as very little is needed. It runs $20 at EL counters nationwide.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by wonderdreamz

to make it short & simple i shall just list the pros and cons.

PROS:
-has spf.
-medium coverage
-last long

CONS:
-too drying for undereyes
-not enough color range
-looks orange sometimes
-Smells weird

would not buy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Icaria

UPDATE: WOULD NOT CONSIDER DUE TO ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET 17/02/2012 I'm not sure about this one. I've bene using it for about 5 months and I find it to be very thick and slightly drying. Some days it goes on nice and some days it's so so. Maybe it's me. I use it as a eye shadow base as well as under the eyes. It does cover well but I have to work fast because it does dry and if you want to blend you have to use a concealer brush and it pulls on the skin. Once I'm done I use powder to set it otherwise it does crease a bit. If you use eye moisturiser it may be hard to apply. It does a good job over EL Verité and Clinique's All About Eyes but it was horrible over Avon's Eye Lift. I don't know if I will repurshase. I may try another before returning to this one. It's a good concealer but like I said It's thick.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by annievell

<3 EL!

Ok so.... i have some SERIOUS Undereye circles goin' on...

THE PROS-

this covers like you cant believe, and the best part is.... it DOESN'T form into little crease lines under your eye

This lasts all day

THE CONS-

I have this in the lightest color, and it still is not QUITE light enough. It covers excellently, but I like my concealer to be one shade lighter than my skin. therefore, I use this as an iron base, and i put a little joe blasco concealer on TOP! (alone, JB would melt right off in an hour, but it stays all day with EL concealer as a "primer" of sorts)

LOVE HG!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by dianasheglova

This is a fantastic concealer!! It really is so easy to blend, it does not dry too quick, but once it does it stays on till you take it off!! The best thing is that it does not settle into lines, nor does it create any new ones a la mac stiudio finish concealer! I sometimes use this as an eyeshadow base if I have to carry my make up and I'm limited for space, so then it multi-tasks for me. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Katharine40

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this one, given the MA rating, but after about 5 months of use, I just find it so-so. The good thing about EL's Double Wear concealer is that it is light, so it doesn't sink in to any fine lines you might have around the eyes. It blends easily. Honestly, it helps a little in disguising undereye circles, but not nearly enough to justify the price. Maybe if you don't have a serious issue with dark circles, this would be adequate.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 4:53:00 AM More reviews by portakalis

After so many attemps, I have found the best concealer fits me well. I have dark under eye and my skin does not cooporate with concealers well. but this concealer's texture is really light and surprisingly it covers better than the thick ones. Looks natural and enlightened my face. It stays fresh for about 8-10 hours and, I suggest this product for pale white faced ladies like me.