April 20, 2014 | 1753 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2011 7:45:00 AM More reviews by lkjhg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm still getting to grips with applying this - I always find long wear concealers hard to apply (less emollience, I guess), and this doesn't spread particularly easily on the skin. But it's not impossible, and once on, looks very good, and stays on better than any other concealer I've tried. The first day, I was very surprised to notice, as I prepared to take my make up off, that my under-eye shadows were still covered and there was no streaking, shine or clumping up. I like this style of packaging for concealers too. I would re-buy.
EDIT: I stopped using this when it became (in name only) "Flawless" DW etc concealer. It's now pretty much useless. The Collection (2000) one is much better at a sixth of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 6:59:00 AM More reviews by mojo90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

really nice concealer. i have bad undereye circles and this concealer covers them but it looks so natural, like i wouldn't even wear concealer. texture and packaging are great. i have the lightest color which matches my skintone perfectly

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

They only had this in 4 shades. The darkest shade is to dark and the shade lighter then that is way to light, for how wonderful EL foundations and thier concealer is they should have more shades.Even tho it was to dark I tried to make it work and failed but it was a good concealer to bad theres no shade for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by lilyzee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is really the best concealer for undereye circles. Ever!! I may have said the same about the BB corrector that I used before, but this is wayy better than that! The consistency and coverage is more natural and when they say double wear the really mean DOUBLE WEAR. It really lasts and lasts! I love it! Really everything you could ask for in a concealer!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by MamtaAUB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally, finally, finally. Thank you MakeupAlley-ers! I have been search for a concealer for my undereyes that does NOT:

-cake
-look wihitish cast
-COVERS!

while looking natural...and ta-dah! This is THE one. I have tried MAC, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, and even have almost a full tube of the Cle De Peau..and this stuff blows it all out of the water.

I don't normally wear anything but sunscreen and bronzer during the day..and this covers while looking natural and blended without a foundation over it. I like that it still looks natural even with the foundation for night time coverage.

I only use this for dark circles because thankfully my skin is pretty clear...and i just have finally found a HG for concealers.

Thank you again ladies...and this is only $20 compared to my $75 CDP one..boo to you CDP..your concealer doesn't deserve all the great accolades it has..it's too heavy/caky..and doesn't even fully cover!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by RitzyWoman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVEEEE this stuff, goes on great with the sponge tip applicator. It doesn't crease into the lines below my eyes. It gives great coverage on undereye circles & acne blemishes. It does stay in place all day & blends nicely without becoming flaky or too dry. Two thumbs up for this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by VegasDiamond28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I've tried a million concealers. Lol, k not literally but that's how I feel! I got so tired of trying out these concealers that were raved about by ppl on multiple sites as being "the best." I've tried Cle de Peau, Amazing Concealer, Timebalm concealer, Studio finish & select cover (mac), Too faced absolutely flawless (ina tube), sonia kashuk's hidden agenda palette, benefit's boi-ing, be well rested, urban decay's 24/7 concealer pencil, bobbi brown's corrector, and I'm just naming these off the top of my head. If I really put thought into it, the list would be crazy and I haven't even gotten to the drug store one's yet, lol. I'm not sayin' that all these concealers were bad. But they didn't have the whole package that I was looking for. Since I don't wear any foundation, I need my concealer to look as natural as possible. I need really great coverage, long wear, non drying, blendability and no creasing. I think we all can agree on wanting these things, right? Are we asking too much? Well, Double Wear is just about perfect on having the whole package. It doesn't suck the moisture out of my skin (doesn't give it any, either), it gives really great coverage, looks sooooo natural (best applied w/a duo fiber brush like MAC's #130), lasts until I take it off, matches my skin tone, and barely creases if at all. I absolutely looooove it. It's also affordable considering how long it lasts. It retails for around $20. Some ppl complain about the packaging, but I actually like the doe foot applicator cause I get just the right amount needed.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by amberterri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

i bought this concealer about 2 weeks ago and i am liking it so far. the coverage is medium which is perfect for me to cover up my mild undereye darkness and my pimples. the only thing i don't like is the application wand, i would of preferred a tube or pot, however the consistancy is lovely and it looks natural on your skin. Like the ELDW foundation, it stays on all day and still looks great after many hours. i only rated it down because of the wand applicator and the price. 18 is expensive especially as you only get 7ml! Overall a nice concealer i will consider buying again :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Lalie

I was hooked on the EL Extreme Cover for 3.5 years. i thought nothing could tear me away from that product, until I discovered Double Wear Stay-In-Place Concealer! I went to the EL counter to buy some more and the sales lady encouraged me to try this product! She said the Extreme Cover had been reformulated and was too much coverage for me. After trying the Double Wear, I am very impressed. Wow! I like it even better than my old product and it has amazing coverage. I have dark circles and it does wonders and stays in place all day. Also, I am very prone to milia and clogged pores and it does not cause those whatsoever!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by hesperus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have dark circles which are emphasized due to my eyes being deep set. This is my HG concealer and I have tried countless of them. It is very pigmented, does not look cakey at all even if I apply more layers, has a rather thick consistency and dries upon application which gives it a good staying power and makes it very transfer-resistant. A word of warning, though: you do have to use a moisturizer underneath, even if your skin is oily. I have noticed that not all moisturizers work well with this concealer, I personally use Paula's Choice Pure Mineral Sunscreen SPF 15 which is rich in silicones. I suspect silicone-rich moisturizers/serums are a much better basis for this concealer than oil-rich moisturizers. The concealer does emphasize fine lines and wrinkles, another reason to use a silicone basis for this. A side note: if you have problems with fine lines around the eyes do try to use a retinol/retinoic acid cream in that area, that has helped me a lot. I use Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0 which contains 1% retinol but that might be too much for a beginner. They also make a 0.5% cream that might be a good starting point. And don't forget sunscreen during the day even if you're staying indoors. Mineral sunscreen works best around the eyes because it is not irritating.