August 28, 2014 | 1173 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wasn't a regular user of concealer until I noticed that while I really don't have dark circles, I always looked a little "tired" around the eyes. So when the EL counter I work at had an amazing deal on a kit with DoubleWear Light foundation and concealer with a foundation brush and the Spotlight Illuminating primer, I started using it.

I do agree this is a thick formulation, but as an SA for Lauder, there are a few "tricks" that can be used to thin it out to an consistency that's workable. You can add a drop of the Advanced Night Renewal or you can use the brand new Eye Illuminating Serum and mix a drop of that in, which is my peferred method. With the Eye Illuminating serum you get a touch of brightness along with excellent coverage of eye circles! I pat this gently around my entire eye area. This also helps with making eyeshadow wear longer, although I do use Urban Decay Primer Potion over it.

One tube of this will also last you a very long time as very little is needed. It runs $20 at EL counters nationwide.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by wonderdreamz

to make it short & simple i shall just list the pros and cons.

PROS:
-has spf.
-medium coverage
-last long

CONS:
-too drying for undereyes
-not enough color range
-looks orange sometimes
-Smells weird

would not buy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Icaria

UPDATE: WOULD NOT CONSIDER DUE TO ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET 17/02/2012 I'm not sure about this one. I've bene using it for about 5 months and I find it to be very thick and slightly drying. Some days it goes on nice and some days it's so so. Maybe it's me. I use it as a eye shadow base as well as under the eyes. It does cover well but I have to work fast because it does dry and if you want to blend you have to use a concealer brush and it pulls on the skin. Once I'm done I use powder to set it otherwise it does crease a bit. If you use eye moisturiser it may be hard to apply. It does a good job over EL Verité and Clinique's All About Eyes but it was horrible over Avon's Eye Lift. I don't know if I will repurshase. I may try another before returning to this one. It's a good concealer but like I said It's thick.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by annievell

<3 EL!

Ok so.... i have some SERIOUS Undereye circles goin' on...

THE PROS-

this covers like you cant believe, and the best part is.... it DOESN'T form into little crease lines under your eye

This lasts all day

THE CONS-

I have this in the lightest color, and it still is not QUITE light enough. It covers excellently, but I like my concealer to be one shade lighter than my skin. therefore, I use this as an iron base, and i put a little joe blasco concealer on TOP! (alone, JB would melt right off in an hour, but it stays all day with EL concealer as a "primer" of sorts)

LOVE HG!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by dianasheglova

This is a fantastic concealer!! It really is so easy to blend, it does not dry too quick, but once it does it stays on till you take it off!! The best thing is that it does not settle into lines, nor does it create any new ones a la mac stiudio finish concealer! I sometimes use this as an eyeshadow base if I have to carry my make up and I'm limited for space, so then it multi-tasks for me. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Katharine40

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this one, given the MA rating, but after about 5 months of use, I just find it so-so. The good thing about EL's Double Wear concealer is that it is light, so it doesn't sink in to any fine lines you might have around the eyes. It blends easily. Honestly, it helps a little in disguising undereye circles, but not nearly enough to justify the price. Maybe if you don't have a serious issue with dark circles, this would be adequate.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 4:53:00 AM More reviews by portakalis

After so many attemps, I have found the best concealer fits me well. I have dark under eye and my skin does not cooporate with concealers well. but this concealer's texture is really light and surprisingly it covers better than the thick ones. Looks natural and enlightened my face. It stays fresh for about 8-10 hours and, I suggest this product for pale white faced ladies like me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

This is one of the most expensive concealer I have ever brought in my life!
The SA at the Estee Lauder asked me in terms on concealing, what was my major concern? I replied my undereyes were my major concern, because I do have dark circles. He suggested that I buy the concealer in the shade Light/Medium which not only would it conceal my imperfections on my face, but it also helps brighten my undereyes and even out the tone. He was absolutely right!
He also taught me that for days were my undereye dark circle are quiet bad from lack of sleep/rest, he said I can mix my concealer with my eye cream, and that would improve my eyes a lot more, and it did!
I like the Double Wear Concealer soo much, absolutely blendable, set quickly, does not budge. High coverage, fantastic to keep handy in handbags. I usually hate liquid concealer, but I do love Estee Lauder DoubleWear Concealer and my Stila Illuminating Concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by sillylily0204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this with EL GWP set. I had bought the EL illuminator stick w/ brush on it to get the gift, not knowing there was this double wear concealer in the set. (Otherwise, I might have bought something else..oh well - got a back up now.) The concealer works SO much better than the illuminator. I don't have many blemishes which is why I like the illuminator. But lately, due to spring allergies and lack of sleep, I'm getting some red blotchiness on my upper cheeks, so I switched to this concealer to test it's coverage. I was really impressed to say the least! As other reviewers have said, it lasts extremely long, and by the end of the day, when I am about to wash off my makeup, I notice the concealer is still in place and my cotton pad has mostly just the concealer on it as I clean my face. I'm Asian, so very light skin with yellow undertones and the light/medium is working fine for me. I might switch to the next darker shade when I repurchase this, but for now, going to use this baby up!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Vivekavy

This is one of the best concealers I have ever used. The lighter shade is perfectly neutral and not too pink in daylight. You can use the product alone or with foundation and it conceals dark shadows or blemishes for hours. Great for touching up during the day.