July 22, 2014 | 2026 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay, I have to admit I use this soap. I use the sensitive skin version of Dove and it works great. I love it. I know there are d1000s that would be shocked but for someone with oily combo skin, mild roseaca, acne prone and sensitive skin. This works fantastic to get
make up off.

I use an oil first to remove makeup. I use dove sensitive skin soap or I use Oil of Olay cleanser to wash my face.

Good stuff that works for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

Where has this stuff been all my life? I was using Cetaphil bar soap on my body and found that it was really drying me out so I switched to this. I noticed that it seemed to be clearing up my mild bacne so I figured I'd try using it on my face. Wow. I almost never breakout anymore and this leaves my face literally glowing and so so healthy looking. My skin feels smooth and beautiful, very minimal dryness. I'm so stoked I started using this! My skin looks beautiful and I'll be saving a fortune in the long run. Update: I really hate to have to say this but I think this skin is drying out areas of my face and making me look older :( It sucks cause this helped keep my skin clear and I really liked it. I don't think this is good for those with aging skin. I do use this exclusively on my body though and love it for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by lacysilk29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a really great product. Obviously you can tell because of the rating here (and it's tough to get a good rating on this site lol). But it's very moisturizing and people say my skin is soft so I do attribute that to the dove bar. No complaints and it's very cheap so I highly recommend trying it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by ari496

This is so ridiculously moisturizing. I hate bar soap. The soap itself dries out, imagine how drying it is to your skin! I don't have that problem with this soap.
I use it on my face and body. It feels so great and produces such a thick creamy lather. It doesn't break me out, which is a huge plus.
I feel so fresh and clean after I use this. I don't think I'll ever stop buying it. It also smells really great. Yay for the dove beauty bar!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was shocked to realize yesterday that Dove is not the same. I'm talking about the original white Dove, that first came out around 1957. I like it because it reminds me of my mother, it isn't a drying soap, and my granddaughter now loves it.

I used to buy a bunch of them when they went on sale so I hadn't had to buy any for two years or so. Lo and behold, when I went to buy them I noticed a kind of sharp chemical scent, though it was still the same "original scent", it was somehow different. I had the wrapper from the last one I bought 2 or 3 years ago and the ingredients are different. OK so this upset me and I went to search for any old stock in mom and pop stores that have slow turnovers. I found one bar that was several years old, so old that the wrapper was yellowed with age and there was no list of ingredients (soap, and other toiletries didn't use to require ingredients - I noticed that started a few years ago).

The trouble is, it's so old that it smells kind of old. But I'll still use it of course. It doesn't have that sharp chemical smell that the new one has.

The last normal one came in a light blue-shaded to blue, white wrapper and it was 135 grams, also came in a smaller bar. The current line comes in 120 gram and 90 gram bars, with a navy blue and white wrapper.

I don't care that they made them smaller, as much as substituting ingredients, and making it smell different, and by the way, it didn't use to sting my eyes. Now it does....you can't win. I tried writing to Dove to complain on their website and there was no way to put my address for a reply.

This is my rant...another thing changed, and no announcement made...the public thinks it's the same bar but it's not. I may have to switch to something else....once I find any other stray, old style bars of Dove in obscure corner stores...but that becomes pathetic and I may give up soon.

Update on April 24. I realized that this is not an earth shattering problem. For several months I used the "new" formula Dove and I got used to it. I also use different brands with a less sharp scent but like every other changed product I have gotten used to the current Dove.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by blankdreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Initially, I really liked this. It really helped heal my active breakouts helped prevent them...for a while. After about a month of using this, my breakouts returned. Granted, it still helped heal them well but I've found a facial soap I like using better than this (Lush's Fresh Farmacy...AMAZING).

I still like using this as a body wash, though. I scrub it onto a body brush and it lathers up really nicely

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by MonMichelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE Dove! I have been using Dove since I was 12 and nothing else compares. I have tried many cleansers, soaps, etc. over the years and I always go back to Dove! I think it is one of the reasons that people always think I am many years younger than I am. I am 43 and people always mistake me for being in my early thirties, which I love! I encourage my daughters to use Dove as well. They will have to learn like I did, that Dove works the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've finally accepted that nothing else on the market will ever, ever clean my dry, sensitive, rosacea-prone skin like Dove can! I have messed around with Chanel, Philosophy, Aveeno, and several lines from Clinique. I wind up either with break-outs, irritation, or tight, stripped-feeling skin.

Dove has never once made my face feel anything but clean, soothed, and healthy. It's creamy but has never once given me blemishes. (I never break out, so when I try a new cleanser and start seeing pimples, I know what the culprit is!) Even if I try one of their fragranced beauty bars, such as the 'Summer' scent, my skin is never left irritated. For years, I tried to see if there was anything better on the market for my incredibly delicate, fussy skin. After every disappointment, I come back to Dove! This also happens to be the only bar soap I can use on my face. It's truly a unique product, as far as my own epidermis is concerned.

No, it's not fancy or designer or esoteric or cutting edge. That's fine with me. I figure I'm lucky. The less I pay on a cleanser that works wonder for my skin, the more money I can spend on cosmetics and perfume! I fervently pray that the formula never changes and that Dove never goes out of business; I honestly don't know what else I'd use on my face!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by moonshadow1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Such a wonderful product, I hope they never change the formula - although they've been using the same one for so long I doubt they will. I have used this in white, exfoliating, and cool fresh, and I love all of them, although I prefer the smell of the white the best. It's just so fresh and clean! It leaves my skin moisturized (never squeaky). I can even use this on my face when I'm out of face wash and it won't break me out or make my skin feel tight. It could be a bit drying if used on the face all the time, though - it depends on your skin type. It definitely won't irritate it, though. My boyfriend loves this too! It is definitely a unisex soap, unless your guy insists on slathering himself with sporty-smelling products. I'll keep using this as long as they make it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by donna409

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have spent years trying every possible cleanser, skin care routine and body washes, I decided to go back to the basics. Upon going through menopause my sensitive skin became radically more sensitive. I used this soap as my only beauty routine when I was a teenager and decided to try it again. I LOVE IT! I use this exclusively as my face wash and body soap,I also occasionly use the Dove exfoliater bar.My skin has improved and I only use a basic moisturizer. I am so glad I went back to this and my wallet is very happy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No