October 21, 2014 | 1047 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

YOU WILL NEED AT LEAST 2 OF THESE ONCE YOU TRY ONE!!! I PROMISE YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!

A reviewer stated below that she was weary of the "talk" about the 239 PICKING UP and PACKING ON so much color....Well, guess what..... IT DOES!

I too, was weary for so many years!
I would just pass on the brushes and went straight to the blushes and eye shadows.

Well, I caved once and bought this one and the 217 and I have never looked back!!

Its perfect for my lid. Its "not too big or small"...ITS JUST RIGHT!
Its been so easy and effortless to apply my shadow.

This and the 217 will help anyone apply you color like a pro!This really does pack on the color to my lid and up into my crease and then blend out with the 217.

Those 2 brushes(239 and 217) are the essentials.

A new makeup user really only "needs" those 2 brushes.

But, once your hooked your going to want more. Its a wonderful and fun addiction!

Now do "not worry" bout the "white goat hair"...it cleans up perfectly with "baby shampoo"....even after many many days of Carbon and Beauty Marked eye shadow usage!!!!

For best results,I wash my brushes a max 2 times a week and then hang them upside down to dry,

This is firm and soft all at once! That allows for the major amount of eye shadow it picks up.......and with only "one swipe" ;)

The feel of these in you hands feel like quality!
These are built to last....and they will for well over 10 if taken care of correctly.

The wood will not rot and the ferule will never rust with proper care!

I know its pricey....$23.00 is a lot.

But, save yourself some money out of each paycheck and buy yourself 1 a month.

Stop buying extra unnecessary makeup(from any named brand) for the next few weeks....and then go buy yourself 1. We deserve a treat every now and then. I'd start with the 217, since it can apply anywhere and blends out the shadow expertly.

Hey, my hubby, family members, and every man on our block.... have to have their beloved CRAFTSMAN TOOLS, right?

Well, this is OUR TOOLS.....they LAST AS LONG TOO!!!! ACTUALLY LONGER! So, there ya go! Yay!

Also, this is just some little info..... Use a clear coat of nail polish over the name and numbers....and they will not fade off! Yay!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by romina74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After working with this brush and the 219, they are both going back.

I found it very difficult to apply color with this brush. I have to swipe the color several times and by that time, it's too thick and impossible to blend.

I have small brushes from il makiage which apply shadow in a second.

I did buy YSL eyeshadow brush #3, they have a pencil brush too. And the #3 took a little while to get use to, but it picks up much more color that the 239, and blends better. You can also do a V with the YSL #3 because the tip is flat.

Very dissappointed in this brush and the 219

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

So I received my brush from a swap today. This is for the se brush. I compared it to a regular Wal Mart brush. I thought that the whole saying where it picks up alot of color is just a marketing saying. I have proof that this is very true. It does pick up more color than a regular cheap brush. If you were to want less color I would advise swirling the brush on your hand first.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by swinfrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my HG (holy grail, as I just learned today :) brush! I literally use it every day to apply eyeshadow on my lower lid. It definitely "packs on" color so if you like subtle make up this might not be for you. It's also great for the inner crease since its tapered at the end.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Kmakie3414

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This brush is absolutely perfect or packing eyeshadow all over your eyelid. This is my fifth mac brush and I want to kick myself for not getting it earlier. It's perfect. I would highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by terarose32287

This is my HG brush. I have never owned a MAC brush before this one. This was the first one I have ever owned. I am so happy I finally broke down and bought the brush. It took me three different trips to finally cave in and buy. It is great for packing on color as well as you can use it for the lower lash line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG brush for me! This brush is a must have in my collection! It's soft and perfect for packing color on your lids. Works great for the lash line as well. This brush and the 217 I cannot live without!! If I could I would give it 100 more lippies because it's that awesome! Mac brushes can be expensive but a great investment and will last you a long time! I'm thinking about also buying another to have as backup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Blackrosesyellow

This brush is a must have for me, especially when I want to wear darker or bolder colours. It is small and the perfect shape. It makes patting on eyeshadows easy and fallout-free. As with other MAC brushes, soft, sturdy, and so worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2010 3:54:00 AM More reviews by BunnyIrene

First of all I love this brush don't get me wrong. But in Australia we have to pay so much for MAC brushes. The quality of the brush is great and the bristles are so soft. BUT I don't think it's anything special I'm sure you could just purchase a less expensive brush that does the exact same job. I've heard rave reviews on drugstore brushes which I will probably try out. It's not worth the money, you're better of buying cheaper brushes and using the money you save on better cosmetics.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This brush is great for eyeshadow and the lower lash line, it is probably the softest eyeshadow brush i h ave ever had.