Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

4.2

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I hope this review is able to capture the full extent of my love for this fragrance! I have had his fragrance for over two and a half years and If I had to wear only one fragrance for the rest of my life, it would be Coco Mademoiselle. It is great for everything: it adds a certain sophisticated chicness to casual situations, yet it is sophisticated enough for formal occasions - and everything in between. This fragrance has an inviting warmth to it that I love. For reference, I do not have a very "girly" taste in fragrances. I usually like clean scents or even some men's fragrances. Coco Mademoiselle is feminine and striking without being over the top. It is just perfect. The rectangular clear glass bottle with gold and pink accents is also beautiful. Everything about this fragrance is beautiful! Like some other reviewers, I would prefer if this fragrance lasted a bit longer on the skin. I have the EDP and it lasts a decent amount of time, and definitely longer than Chanel No 5. I will repurchase this absolute gem of a fragrance because I have never found anything quite like it. Bravo Chanel!

on 4/23/2012 10:44:00 AM

The lovely middle notes are worth the 15 minutes wait until the sinus-blowtorching GladeŽ-grade citrus blasts clear up, but I won't be repurchasing, not with that price tag. 3 and a half lippies, rounded down to 3 (why can't we have half-lippies?)

on 4/13/2012 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

My very first favourite parfume. I love love love it and I always keep a bottle at my home, but it's just getting to popular so I don't wear it so much anymore. I really wish this was less hyped so I could keep it for my self :D

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My favorite perfume, I love it. I always spritz my hair to catch the smell when I move. A couple sprays lasts all day which is nice since this perfume isn't cheap, It's a bit heavy so I wear it all winter and when summer rolls around being in LA I usually reach for something slightly lighter and less expensive since I usually sweat it off.

on 4/5/2012 7:55:00 AM

This fragrance is lovely and unique, and it smells differently on everybody. It is one of my all time favorites - it's a "warm" feminine smell that's suitable for winter/fall, and it works well for evenings.
Unfortunately: the packaging quality is not good. The little "ring" that the cap is supposed to sit on falls of all the time when I pull off the cap. This is first of all annoying, and I feel it has lead to leakage and a change in the fragrance (I did buy it almost 3 years ago, but other smells I own haven't changed even though they are older). For a fairly expensive perfume, this is disappointing. Bad Chanel.

The lasting power is really good on me too, and I have the EDP.
For spring/summer I'm now buying Chanel Chance eau Tendre, which is a lovely, light floral with "something" to it!

on 4/5/2012 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I liked the smell from the bottle after sniffing a few Chanels in store. I liked the dry down on my skin too. But...after two days it becomes boring...I still think it's nicer and more interesting than many other light floral fragrances, and it's probably perfect for a nice girl who is on the way to becoming a lovely woman one day. But personally I prefer Coco, which is more sophisticated and balmy (as opposed to floral).

I think it's still nice in warmer months, but given the price tag I'm not sure if I'll purchase it again. I have the EDP and it does last a very long time, which is why I bought it in the first place.

So...perfect for a nice girl...not sophisticated enough for a lady, or not interesting enough for a person seeking variety and depth.

on 4/2/2012 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is THE perfume. Smells nice, clean and sexy. It's really feminine and it's not too overwhelming. The smell tends to fade away after a while if you buy the eau de toilette version, though.

on 3/28/2012 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is one of my favourite perfumes. I bought the EDP and one spritz lasts all day. It's not overly flowery and sweet. I love this during winter, but for warmer months, I don't like how it smells on me.

on 3/21/2012 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Read Tavoh's review would be a lazy review. So I will add, this is a beautiful, well-composed, elegant, luxurious, feminine fragrance. Save it for special occasions otherwise you'll get sick of it. I wore it on my wedding day, and it has reminded me of the happy occasion ever after. Just like Chanel No 5 was a fragrance that encapsulated a time period and mood, and is associated with an older generation, Coco Mademoiselle seems to me summative of our generation. Tavoh's review mentions that it seems to change depending on the weather, and I wanna echo that observation. It's true. I noticed the same thing with Miss Dior Cherie. Wonder why.. doesn't happen with most of my frags, only these two. Btw I wrote a review for this years ago, under another account.. consider this an update (to confirm, yes, still love it, still recommend to others)

on 3/4/2012 9:07:00 PM

Classic bottle, timeless clean fresh scent, heaven in a bottle.

I love this fragrance. It's light enough for me to wear around my two children (ages 1 & 3) yet strong enough for me to wear out and feel put together.

Popular Fragrances