April 19, 2014 | 1636 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco Mademoiselle

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by mamp123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my all time favourite fragrances. I love the way this scent works with my skin chemistry and it seems to improve throughout the day (I also find this with Tom Ford, Black Orchid). I use a Sanctuary cocooning body butter and the matching shower cream from Boots and layering Chanel Mademoiselle over the top of this seems to work amazingly. I will try and find out what notes the Sanctuary body butter has in it, but it truly is a lovely combination. Also, I have been combining the Chanel with Jo Malone's Amber and Lavender cologne, thus creating a unique and wonderful spicy fragrance which I think will be great for winter.

Chanel Mademoiselle is a classic fragrance and I have always found it to be my favourite Chanel fragrance, although I have been having cravings for Chanel No5 Eau Premiere. However for the moment I will stick to Mademoiselle as it is an absolutely wonderful fragrance that is a pleasure to wear!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2011 6:38:00 AM More reviews by babypinkish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I first smelled this on those little strips of paper used for sampling the fragrance. I fell in love with the soft, classic and not-too-girly scent.

I bought the EDT version and this is considered a bad purchase. It just doesn't work well with my body chemistry. I sprayed 2 spritzes on my decollatage and although it lasted a full day, it was sharp and offensive to me and people who were close enough to smell it. I noticed my colleague who shared a lift with me subtly using her finger to cover her nose. I was in the train when a guy next to me discreetly moved to the other side. I had never experienced such forms of being ostracized and was definitely placed in an uncomfortable mood.

Still, I wanted to find something to love about this fragrance given all the positive reviews about it. I tried it a second and third time, sometimes on clothes, sometimes on my skin, and each time I have this perfume on, people shun me. It was just too synthetic-smelling and overwhelming.

Finally for the sake of my social life, I decided this has to go. Now I am back to my trusted Bvlgari Rose Essentielle and Paul Smith Rose. These work great on me and I am back to having some instances where strangers would comment on my perfume smelling gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by ButterFlo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was craving this scent for a long time before I caved in and bought it - the price set me off, but it's so worth it.

I got the eau de parfum and from testing out the eau de toilette I realised they smell a bit different and the eau de toilette lasts less on my skin. So be sure to test them out both and give them a bit of time to develop on your skin before buying!

It's a young and sophisticated floral fragrance, much lighter than the other Chanel creations. It lasts so well on my skin, even after I shower I can still feel it. My absolute favorite scent ever, I'm absolutely sure I'll wear it for the rest of my life, that's how perfect it is!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I honestly don't know why this scent gets such rave reviews,and as a lover of the vast majority of Chanels I find this so far from the others it might as well be a Britney Spears perfume. I can respect perfumes that don't work on me, but this is just *offensive*. It starts with a screeching siren of citrus and fruit, sharp and interrupting like having your TV on low and then having a super-loud commercial suddenly play. It stays this way all throughout its incredibly long dry down (which I must respect), and even after running some water over the scent to tone it down it still screams for attention.

This is a Chanel? Coco must be spinning in her grave. Where is the complexity of No.5, the discord of No.19, the warmth of Cuir de Russie and Coco, the comfort of Coromandel? If what I've read is true and Coco Mademoiselle's runaway success indeed kickstarted the fruitchouli fanaticism I wish I had the power and money to buy every bottle ever made and launch them into the sun.

Coco Mademoiselle is no mademoiselle, no young scion of an aristocratic family full of history and tradition--she's the rich party girl living off daddy's money stumbling into you drunk as a skunk, spilling her fruity cocktail all over your dress/tux and not even bothering to apologize. She merely giggles out a high-pitched "oops!" before weaving back to the bar in precariously high stilettos that cost more than what you make in a month.

I'll try the parfum as I heard it's much more restrained and well-crafted, but I doubt this Paris Hilton will turn into a Princess Diana.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 7:34:00 AM More reviews by ruenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite fragrance!! I like using different fragrences, so ever time I buy a new one, however whichever I buy, I always always have a bottle of coco mademoiselle at home. I really don't know how many bottles I used. I think this smell is special, feminen and elegant. It lingers for a long time. It is refreshing at every step. I always get compliments both from men and women. I really am in love with this one. yummy.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by trishcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Le sigh. I want to like this. I'm looking for a fall/winter scent and tried a sample I had laying around. It started out lovely and a bit heady, but I figured that would pass. Nope. On me, it got spicier and thicker, reminding me somewhat of CK's Obsession. Despite one tiny spray on one wrist, I began to feel enveloped in the scent. My husband, who liked the scent, began to sneeze. I finally had to scrub it off. Au revoir, mademoiselle.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 5:45:00 AM More reviews by LoonaGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

One of my favourites scents-Oriental-fresh, a floral jasmine-rose accord.Perfumes are very personal , they smell different on different body.This one is definitely one of my fragrances ,I getting compliments when I wear it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMyWorld21

If I had to make a list with 2 of my favorite perfumes, this would be one of them. Although very expensive, worth every money you pay for it. I got this when I was about 18. Still using it,the same bottle.Sexy, fresh Oriental fragrance recalls the irrepressible spirit of the young 'Coco' Chanel. The most powerful, concentrated and long-lasting form of fragrance; the fullest expression of the perfumer's art. The most elegant way to wear fragrance; apply to pulse points. The scent will follow you throughout the day . . . or evening. The classic bottle signifies personal luxury and is a welcome addition to any dressing table.ts quite expensive but really worth the money. Its like a devine perfume, very modern, stylist, sexy and the same time very elegance. I'm in love. Although for the price, will be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 8:09:00 AM More reviews by 86simbie

This is my all time favourite fragrance i purchased it on a impulse buy for $235 100ml edp,yes it is very expensive but well worth the money as i get compliments on it all the time,it is long lasting as well people can still smell it on me 8 hours later.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

While I no longer wear Coco Mademoiselle, feeling that it is a fragrance that belongs to my past, I treasured this perfume for many years. My father bought my first bottle of this for me as a birthday gift. I was 16. Wearing this fragrance always made me feel so refined and grown up, and I loved seeing the pretty Chanel bottle on my dresser.

This is a lively, young blend of bergamot, orange, jasmine, and rose, with basenotes of vetiver, musk, and patchouli. The fragrance is both light and deep, suitable for a young lady. Just the smell of it now makes me smile.