August 28, 2014 | 990 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by underage

Such a beautiful fragrance. My favorite Chanel perfume used to be Chance but this has easily replaced it! I'm in my very early 20's so I don't want anything too heavy or grandma. This is perfect. Just enough sweetness but still super classy. I think I will love this perfume forever! It's very expensive but you don't need a lot. It could have better staying power but not bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 4:59:00 AM More reviews by graciezac

I like this perfume but not as much on me as when I sprayed it in the store. I prefer to use it for a special occasion or at night as it can be overpowering. It has terrific staying power and often receives compliments, it's just to heavy on me to wear daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 2:43:00 AM More reviews by glamglamglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've had an obsession with this perfume for a year now. I originally smelled it at Sephora, loved it, but decided it was just a little too expensive for me, being a student and all. The other day at Nordstrom, I sprayed it on myself and loved the smell all day. Honestly, the next morning, I woke up and smelled it on my hair and loved it. I've decided to just bite the bullet and buy this with my Christmas bonus. I am 19 though, so I do enjoy a floral scent, but this may not be right for women who are looking for something more musky.
EDIT: Bought this a few days ago and absolutely love it! The only downside is that I usually smell it on myself more than others smell it on me. If I spray four times, people can smell it, but they have to be close to me. I don't want to smell too strong, but you can only smell this on me if you're super close. I still love it though, and will wear it every day until I get sick of it (Although, for $125 dollars, I won't be getting sick of it soon).

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by carissarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really trying to love this. I enjoy how it smells in the bottle, slightly musky yet sweet and feminine with a little bit of floral, but on me- that sweet floral bit completely vanishes within 10 minutes and I'm left with a strong, musky, 'dirty' smell that mildly resembles moth balls. I don't know what it is, but SOMETHING about how this perfume smells I find utterly creepy. Yes, creepy is the word. I don't see how this is popular at all. And this is one of the 'younger' Chanel fragrances! I only did 2 sprays on the wrist, and rubbed it in with the other. At first I love it, but within 10 minutes it gets more musky and then develops nowhere. After spraying my arms with rubbing alcohol and wiping with paper towels, I finally got the scent off, but I'm not sure completely. It is about 11 hours later from when I sprayed it, and there is a slight hint of what may be Mademoiselle that I like, but I can't remember if I put anything on after it. I'm so, so torn on this scent. Maybe it's just too strong for my body chemistry? Maybe I need to just do ONE quick spritz, and see what happens from there? Beneath the intoxicating sweetness of this perfume lies a stinky odor that I find nauseating. Very confused. I will update this review for further opinions.

UPDATE 2/5/2012: I came upon Dior's 'Miss Dior Cherie' and found that MDC smells almost exactly the same as Coco Mademoiselle but not as heavy and 'dirty'. It has that apparent patchouli scent that I love about Coco mademoiselle but it's more sweet and light. The only downside is that is doesn't last as long as Coco but I'm willing to sacrifice as the scent is exactly what I wished Coco Mademoiselle smelt like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

LOVE this perfume. So elegant yet fun!!!!! Its on my gift wishlist lol!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Haley_Comet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT:
I am changing my mind from my original review (below). Last night I put 1...just 1 and omg I got so sick from a terrible scent enduced headache! I was scrubbing my arms trying to get it off but the damage was done. This stuff is too darn strong. I am not sure how many ppl can wear this in public without incredibly irritating everyone in their school, office, ...mall....where ever they go. It is so strong. Terrible. You want to wear a purfume...not the perfume wearing you!

This stuff smells like liquid heaven.

It is a little strong - I just have 1 squirt on right now and that is more then enough. I wish it was just a smidge weaker. I am wearing the EDP ...maybe the EDT would be a bit softer. I don't think this is a scent you would wear to school or the workplace by any meanas.

I am not sure about the whole marketing to the younger 'coco generation'...to me there is nothing youthful about this scent. It is not granny any way but it is a more ...mature scent IMO ...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by CSLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This has to be one of the best perfumes I have ever bought. It smells beautiful and everyone says they love it on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

UPDATE 2/4: I've changed my mind about this frag and bumped it up a couple lippies. I broke the original sample I bought by dropping it on the bathroom floor. I got a couple more EDP samples with a TPC order and I realized that if used in moderation, the EDP can be quite nice. Turns out I had originally ordered the EDT sample, no wonder I didn't like it, I almost NEVER like EDTs as they strip the depth out of frags. As other reviewers have noted, the sweetness can be quite loud, but if I use a small amount on my skin only it develops quite nicely and the muskiness I like comes out. After using up most of the TPC samples I splurged on a full sized tester and am really enjoying it. I do have to use only ONE spritz on my wrist and then spread to other parts of my body because it is incredibly strong.

I'm really glad I bought a sample of this first. I really thought I would like it considering my love of other chanel perfumes and the good reviews, but it's just to sweet and straight up floral for me, it smells very synthetic to me. This is exactly the type of perfume I HATE. I'll stick with my musky no. 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by moxie_star

This is my absolute favorite perfume! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by rug06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although pricey, it is my most favorite fragrance ever, and the only one that I can guarantee will elicit comments of delight from strangers. My husband is crazy for it too and we never agree on scent. I will wear this one forever.