Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wasn't sure about trying Coco Mademoiselle, having long been a devotee of No 19 and No 5, but the Chanel sales assistant persuaded me to try a sample of the Eau de Parfum. Well! Never have I had so many compliments on my fragrance in so short a time! My DH, who *never* notices anything and is pretty much perfume-blind, said "Mmmm - you smell nice!", a delivery person admired it when I answered the door, and a number of other friends (men and women) did so too. All in one day. I was amazed.

Do I like it? Yes I do. Not sure it'll become my signature scent (though maybe it *should*, after all those compliments!), but I do like its mix of floral and musky. It's not overpowering, and has something enigmatic about it: feminine but not girly.

Will definitely buy again, once this bottle runs out. Whenever that is... it lasts really well, and I recommend being careful not to spray too much of it or it could take your breath away!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My current go-to, signature scent.

This is the most approachable of the Chanel line. Grown up, but with a freshness.

This scent is one of my favourite scents to wear out in the evening when I am all dressed up.

I personally find it too heavy/rich to wear on hot summer days, but find I can wear it at any time during the day in cool weather.

For me it evokes imagery of luxury, part the scent and part wearing Chanel. The slight muskiness to the floral nature of the perfume adds to the decadence.

The bottle is a beautiful design and looks feminine and chic on the side in my bathroom.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Got half a bottle of Coco M from a friend as a handmedown since she was moving abroad and couldn't take all her perfumes with her. I must say I was blown away. It worked on sunny days as well as on grey autumn days for me - it changed its characted like a chameleon and adjusted to the settings: on a warm day it was incredibly fresh and upbeat, with the citrusy zest and lost of sparkle, and in colder temperatures I could feel the oh-so-much-needed spice surfacing and bringing the cosyness despite the obvious sharpness of the scent. I never really dared since then to blow the big bucks on it again - since it costs a fortune in any store and I was to busy chasing other bargains on ebay, where it doesn't come cheap either, but no other fresh scent I have tried since could beat it. I am seriously considering, after using up my 1001 bottles of summer scents that I already own, moving back to Coco M and sticking to it. It makes me feel special, no idea why. Perhaps this is why it has been so successfull. I only hope that on my skin it will sound a little different from what it is on others, since every second girl on the planet seems to own a bottle or two!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It's pricey, but you really get what you paid for. The scent lasts a long time (from morning, to night) and I've received a lot of compliments from ppl like close friends, to total strangers. I recommend using it sparingly, as its pretty strong. A little goes a long way! I didn't use it everyday, but it lasted me about 2 years! Really worth it..plus it's classic Chanel.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is by far the most glamorous, formal, "perfumey" scent I own. I usually wear either fresh scents (daisy, VS bombshell, etc...My boyfriend likes these best) or comforting foody scents (pink sugar, viva la juicy). Well, this is definitely not like anything else I own. It is a powerful, warm, heavy scent - use VERY sparingly. ONE spritz on one wrist or a "walk-through" spray on your chest is all you need or you will probably suffocate everyone in the vicinity. That said, it is classic, beautiful (just look at the stunning bottle), elegant, good for winter and special occasions. Somewhere you would be wearing a sexy but modest LBD, pearls, and black pumps. The lasting power and silage is incredible. I feel it would work on most any age, except a very young teenager. This is a great addition to a fragrance collection, but for those who like subtle, easygoing weekend scents - beware. I would not buy again simply because it's so pricey and I like to try new things, but I love this on occasion and I love seeing the bottle on my dresser even more. :)

I had really high hopes for this product but when i got it for myself, it was totally disappointing. I don't know why, but it smells a lot like men's cologne! every time i try it on, i feel like im putting on men's perfume or something. and besides the smell is so strong that it gives me headaches :(

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love this..very warm and intrigue sense I get from the scent. And since I do not like Channel No 5, glad they had something that peaked my nose enough to add Chanel to my perfume collection.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVEEEEEEEE this perfume! The most fresh and most classy ladies perfume ever! A bit pricey but then again it is Chanel :P I will re-purchase for sure.

My favorite fragrance of all time. I also have Chanel Chance and they smell very similar, but Coco Mademoiselle has incredible staying power.

I'm not great at describing fragrances so I'll leave that to the experts, but this is truly a fragrance where if I could only afford one, it would be this one that I purchase.

Popular Fragrances