November 25, 2014 | 1866 users online

Scrubs - Clinique - Exfoliating Scrub

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2007 10:54:00 PM More reviews by smitten8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love the menthol! its like SUPER menthol! the grains are small but alot and you can tell the differences why clinique is much more expensive than st.ives!st.ives grains are too rough but clinique is like wow! i need very little to apply all over my face. it feels clean but i will only be using it once or twice a week. the menthol is too strong to use it every other day!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2007 3:03:00 AM More reviews by br_ainstorm

I love this scrub! It's cooling and my face feels squeaky clean after. The grains are rough- so if your face can only take mild exfoliation or have sensitive skin-this isn't for you. The trick is not to apply any pressure or it will be painful - a beautician told me we're not supposed to apply pressure anyway since the grains/beads are supposed to do the job. I've been using this for about 2 years (the same tube- it lasts!) and have never had any problems with it propogating break outs(**Although as a general rule i don't exfoliate during a breakout). I use this to loosen the blackheads on my T-Zone before using a thick layer of peel-off mask. Voila! Blackheads lifted away! This is a no-nonsense scrub with a minty sensation. It's thick so you only need about 1-2cm used on wet/damp skin. I like it's simple green Clinique trademark squeeze flap top tube. IMO, it is worth the price you pay. However, I also think that the cheaper St. Ives Apricot Scrub does an equally good job.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2006 5:16:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

INGREDIENTS:

water\aqua\eau [] glyceryl stearate [] polyethylene []
hexylene glycol [] disodium cocoamphodiacetate [] disodium oleamido
mipa-sulfosuccinate [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] salicylic acid []
menthol [] stearamidoethyl diethylamine [] methylparaben [] propylparaben
[] titanium dioxide (ci 77891)

continued >>

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2006 4:06:00 PM More reviews by KikiLaRoux

Definately not for people with sensitive skin. Granted, you do get smooth skin in oily areas, but this has coarse grains and also some kind of menthol s**t in it so it can feel quite uncomfortable on your skin, and my skin feels tight after using it. UPDATE: Whilst this is not suitable for my face, i do find that it works great when i get spots on my back as the skin here is a lot less sensitive

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2006 2:35:00 AM More reviews by darphinfan

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I use it every other day and 10 minutes before I apply my make up. My make up goes on so smooth!!!
This is the best scrub out there and you can't beat this price.

I have highly sensitive skin and this works wonders, and my skin just glows.

Excellent product, that I have been using for 6 years and will continue to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2006 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Charma22

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS! This is my HG Scrub. I love the grainyness of it. The cooling, tingling feeling brought on by the menthol. This is the absolutely scrub of all scrubs. I do have slightly oily/acne prone skin, so my skin is pretty strong, this is not for sensitive/dry skin types. Whenever I use this, my skin has a super georgeous glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2006 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Mizmoon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A very good facial scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2006 12:45:00 AM More reviews by bree111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this for years, once or twice a week. It is the best I have tried, and a bit cheaper than comparable scrubs

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2006 3:03:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Clinique seems to be the only brand in skin care that seems to help my broken-out skin. So when I needed a scrub, I decided to try this one. it was pretty expensive $19... But I bought it anyway. The tube now has a flip-top, which is great. The consistency is really thick so you have to really squeeze to get product out. Its not a wimpy scrub in the least, it really exfoliates. It has menthol in it too, so your skin will be cool and a little tingly after using it. I dont mind, I like that feeling. I follow this with the 3-step. I think I would repurchase, but the tube should last a while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2006 9:51:00 AM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing product! This is the best scrub I have ever used, and I have tried a million! The entire tube is just jam-packed full of tiny little scrubby granules. I don't think they could squeeze another one in there! This is NOT one of those scrubs where the beads are few and far between - I hate those, they don't exfoliate well at all. And this is not as harsh as St. Ives - the beads in this scrub are smaller and rounder than St. Ives so they won't scratch/tear the skin. This is just an all-around awesome scrub! I have oily skin than can get dry from the products I use, and this scrub gets down deep into my pores and cleans away all the impurities, and then it buffs off every last flake on my face. My face feels like glass when I use this scrub! Smooth as glass! So worthy of 10 lippies, but since 5 is the highest I can give .... 5 lippies! Perfect!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No