April 17, 2014 | 931 users online

Scrubs - Clinique - Exfoliating Scrub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2006 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Charma22

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS! This is my HG Scrub. I love the grainyness of it. The cooling, tingling feeling brought on by the menthol. This is the absolutely scrub of all scrubs. I do have slightly oily/acne prone skin, so my skin is pretty strong, this is not for sensitive/dry skin types. Whenever I use this, my skin has a super georgeous glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2006 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Mizmoon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A very good facial scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2006 12:45:00 AM More reviews by bree111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this for years, once or twice a week. It is the best I have tried, and a bit cheaper than comparable scrubs

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2006 3:03:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Clinique seems to be the only brand in skin care that seems to help my broken-out skin. So when I needed a scrub, I decided to try this one. it was pretty expensive $19... But I bought it anyway. The tube now has a flip-top, which is great. The consistency is really thick so you have to really squeeze to get product out. Its not a wimpy scrub in the least, it really exfoliates. It has menthol in it too, so your skin will be cool and a little tingly after using it. I dont mind, I like that feeling. I follow this with the 3-step. I think I would repurchase, but the tube should last a while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2006 9:51:00 AM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing product! This is the best scrub I have ever used, and I have tried a million! The entire tube is just jam-packed full of tiny little scrubby granules. I don't think they could squeeze another one in there! This is NOT one of those scrubs where the beads are few and far between - I hate those, they don't exfoliate well at all. And this is not as harsh as St. Ives - the beads in this scrub are smaller and rounder than St. Ives so they won't scratch/tear the skin. This is just an all-around awesome scrub! I have oily skin than can get dry from the products I use, and this scrub gets down deep into my pores and cleans away all the impurities, and then it buffs off every last flake on my face. My face feels like glass when I use this scrub! Smooth as glass! So worthy of 10 lippies, but since 5 is the highest I can give .... 5 lippies! Perfect!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2006 3:10:00 AM More reviews by bree111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this for years. Once a week, it is the best out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2006 8:58:00 PM More reviews by nikki21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

From a gal who just loves to exfoliate...
I use this scrub every other day. It delivers that tingly, squeaky clean feeling. (I don't use anything else from Clinique.) I also love the size of the actual exfoliating particles as well as the consistency of the paste. I've tried LUSH's Ocean Salt and it was so terrible for my sensitive skin. The large jagged crystals of salt ripped me up. St. Ives Apricot Scrub was way too harsh as well...we all live and learn!

So this one really makes you feel like you have sloughed off that nasty layer of dead skin without the harshness.

I don't understand why people complain about packaging if a product delivers results. This one comes in a tube--and when I get to the end of it, I simply cut it open. Let's not become babies about the details:)

The only concern I have is the synthetic components that are so prominent in the ingredient listing. When I find something more natural that delivers the same results I will probably switch for good...

sigh...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2006 11:02:00 AM More reviews by aerosmithkat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I picked up this scrub as a supplement with my 3 step and other skin care products. I have an oily/combo skin type so it doesn't bother my face. It does have stronger scrub particles in it than the other scrubs, but i like my scrub to feel like it's doing something. It doesn't have an oily feeling to it going on, and it rinses away clean. I leave it on in the shower for a minute even to let the product do it's thing while i'm doing something else. The packaging is slightly annoying, since i can't get all of the product out. I'll probably cut the bottle open to get the rest of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2006 4:06:00 AM More reviews by All_Work_No_Play

This is a very strong scrub, with quite big scrubbing particles. Unless your skin is extremely oily and clogges and you have a lot of dead cells to remove, I dont think this scrub is a good idea to use.
For my combo (normal cheeks + oily t-zone) this scrub is way too hards and rips my skin off. Even used with gently moves it feels like it's too aggressive. Additionally, it contains menthol, which can be irritating (for me it is a little, and dries my skin). Menthol is probably used to give you a cool fresh feeling afterwards, but I'd rather achieve this with... cold water instead of stressing my skin with menthol, LOL!
So, to conclude... this is a very potent harsh scrub... use it only if you truly believe you need it. Personally I wont repurchase, and will stay with more gentle, skin-friendly scrubs. The rest of the tube I use it (successfully!!!) on my elbows!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2006 10:20:00 AM More reviews by ii_l0vx3_mAk3uP

oh my lord .. i was 12 when i started using this exfoliator .. i know i know, bad idea, but my mom just bought it for me and i had NO iDEA what an exfoliator was .. i thought it was just like a cleanser .. after probably a week or 2 of using it, i started flaking like crazy .. it wouldn't stop and i was completely miserable .. for practically a year and a half it wouldn't go away .. i was so embarrased during school and i was so insecure i couldn't stop looking im my mirror ahhhhhhh well then i started using dove face lotion that my friend reccommended to me and it stopped .. now i use 1. proactive renewing cleanser and repairing lotion to prevent breakouts 2. clinique clarifying lotion to dissolve the flakes 3. then i put my moisturizer .. if i dont do this cycle after every time i wash my face .. i will definitely flake .. i hate it .. im only 13 i shouldnt have to deal with this pressure arghhhhh .. i wouldnt reccommend it .. i only gave it a 2 because im nice and well, i guess i wouldn't have lost having breakouts because of it soooo yeah. thanks for reading my opinion im just saying, this happened to many of my friends, too and i know that a lot of teens want to use exfoliator and i dont want this to happen to any others .. bye !