MAC Viva Glam II

3.7

I love this color, but i dont know why a lot of people gave it bad reviews. On me NC35-40, it goes on nude pink, and i can match it with almost any lip liner i own.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Viva Glam II is a soft, pinked beige with slight golden shimmer. I'm a cool PPP (NW15) and this makes a perfect nude lip for me. It's actually a shade lighter and a touch more brown than my natural lip colour. But that makes it great to pair with smokey eyes. A definite repurchase!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got this one also off ebay and after reading the reviews from productville I thought it would be as wonderful as Hug Me and Midimauve. Man was I wrong! This is a horrible purpley, silver color. It made my lips look horrible and I re-sold this as quick as I could! Weird purple color beware!

I love this colour it makes my look polished and pulled together. The only nude I can wear due to the fact that I have a natural dark red lip line! GO MAC again!

I'm very surprised that the reviews are so bad for this lippie! I love it - it's a definite YLBB for my pinky FFF complexion. It's kinda pink/lavender matte nude, but I can see how it would look bad on warmer skin tones.

I finally found a way to wear this lipstick. On its own, VGII looks almost grey on me and it's super drying. TO make this work i'll rub on a sheer layer of lip balm (kiehl's!!!), dot this on and blend. The color shows up as a light j-lo kinda pink. Sometimes i'll add a dot of Dreamy lipglass for some extra bling bling. Nice!

Unfortunately, this was terrible on me. Not only is the formula very drying, but the colour is exactly the wrong nude. It lends my PPP skin a deathly pallor that really doesn't help at all! It basically looks greyish beige on me. I donít see the promised shimmer at all, either.
UPDATE: I've figured out that I *can* wear this - first I have to heavily moisturize my lips, then pat just the tiniest bit of VGII on with my finger, then cover with a clear gloss. It's a pretty look, but way more effort than I'm normally willing to go to.

my HG for nude lips. i have repurchased already because i had a brain freeze and i sold the old one thinking i could recreate it with other products. wrong! after several months of trying, i bought another.

it gives me a bit of color without being TOO pink, TOO taupe, TOO grey. just right. and it's not completely drying, yet not shiny like my other HG l/s (chanel sunbeige, now discontinued) so i can wear it to interviews. it is also nude enough not to compete with lip liners or lip glosses, and it can even act as a base under less forgiving lipsticks (like those super matte ones).

i have warm coloring, and many others of similar tone have said this is very hard for them to wear, so warm yellow people be warned. but on me, i guess my natural lips are so unpigmented that this works very well.
continued >>

Viva Glam II is a very natural looking lipstick and goes very well with the spice liner. It also goes well underneath lip glass (IE Oh Baby!). It is not too loud but glamorous.

This is a pretty pinky/beige nude color with a hint of mauve, It is a bit pale so I like to pair this with a smoky eye and it looks great, reminds me of a lighter version of blankety lipstick.

Recommended for Medium Skin