MAC Viva Glam II

3.7

on 1/28/2004 2:49:00 PM

I'm very surprised that the reviews are so bad for this lippie! I love it - it's a definite YLBB for my pinky FFF complexion. It's kinda pink/lavender matte nude, but I can see how it would look bad on warmer skin tones.

on 1/1/2004 6:09:00 AM

I finally found a way to wear this lipstick. On its own, VGII looks almost grey on me and it's super drying. TO make this work i'll rub on a sheer layer of lip balm (kiehl's!!!), dot this on and blend. The color shows up as a light j-lo kinda pink. Sometimes i'll add a dot of Dreamy lipglass for some extra bling bling. Nice!

on 12/29/2003 10:18:00 PM

Unfortunately, this was terrible on me. Not only is the formula very drying, but the colour is exactly the wrong nude. It lends my PPP skin a deathly pallor that really doesn't help at all! It basically looks greyish beige on me. I donít see the promised shimmer at all, either.
UPDATE: I've figured out that I *can* wear this - first I have to heavily moisturize my lips, then pat just the tiniest bit of VGII on with my finger, then cover with a clear gloss. It's a pretty look, but way more effort than I'm normally willing to go to.

on 9/20/2003 2:33:00 AM

my HG for nude lips. i have repurchased already because i had a brain freeze and i sold the old one thinking i could recreate it with other products. wrong! after several months of trying, i bought another.

it gives me a bit of color without being TOO pink, TOO taupe, TOO grey. just right. and it's not completely drying, yet not shiny like my other HG l/s (chanel sunbeige, now discontinued) so i can wear it to interviews. it is also nude enough not to compete with lip liners or lip glosses, and it can even act as a base under less forgiving lipsticks (like those super matte ones).

i have warm coloring, and many others of similar tone have said this is very hard for them to wear, so warm yellow people be warned. but on me, i guess my natural lips are so unpigmented that this works very well.
continued >>

on 9/16/2003 11:34:00 AM

Viva Glam II is a very natural looking lipstick and goes very well with the spice liner. It also goes well underneath lip glass (IE Oh Baby!). It is not too loud but glamorous.

This is a pretty pinky/beige nude color with a hint of mauve, It is a bit pale so I like to pair this with a smoky eye and it looks great, reminds me of a lighter version of blankety lipstick.

on 9/9/2003 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this lipstick. The color is wonderful matched with Spice lipliner. Probably my all time fav lipstick. Let's all pray that Mac never discontinues it!

on 6/20/2003 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Viva Glam II why didn't I buy you sooner?

I don't know what the heck took me so long but I finally bought this lipstick last weekend and it's already become a handbag staple. I don't usually go for the muted look on my lips (Viva Glam III is much more my style), so I haven't really given this color much thought.

Boy, was I happily surprised -- it's a beautiful, soft lilac/pink/nude color that pairs beautifully with my Chanel Nude lip liner. continued >>

on 5/21/2003 12:11:00 AM

I love this color, it's a medium-light, pink nude. It's a slightly grayer pink than some, so it immediately creates a sort of 1960's mod look. LOVE IT!! Looks great with smoky eyes and minimal blush. Sometimes I use Stone lipliner with it, blended well, if I want to go darker and even more nude. Did I mention that I love it?

on 4/14/2003 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this has a nice pinkish flesh tone colour. it also keeps my lips soft.

Recommended for Medium Skin