Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser

2.9

Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Prunus Cerasus Extract / Bitter Cherry Extract. May Contain: CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is amazing. I've heard many people say this primer is a dupe for Benefit's Porefessional, but it's not. I'm going to get this out of the way now: Porefessional is better. For the price and quality, Baby Skin is the more economical buy. I've bought three tubes of this primer for the price of one tube of Porefessional. With that comparison aside, Baby Skin is an amazing primer. I frequently use this instead of bb cream or foundation. It keeps anything else I put on my face for a substantial amount of time.

Buy it. It's cheap and it's a really good primer.

this my definite back up primer for when my elf primer finishes. my fav is elf out of all the primers i hv tried. buth this one comes close enough. i live in the tropics so its very hot and humid and the only primers dat ever kept my makeup intact are these two babies. i would definietly recommend this one

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This didn't blur my pores but actually primed my makeup (foundation and concealer) to last all day! This is the best primer I have ever tried and I really love the silicone feeling to it that some call greasy. Anyways, great primer!

This product was an impulse buy. It felt realy good when I first tested it. When I got home and tried more of this, I realize it contains tons of silicone. Silicon, when applied onto your skin, will give you a smooth texture. It could be comdegenic? But so far, it didn't cause much problems to me.

Does it live up to its claims?
1. Baby smooth skin: Yes
2. Lightweight: Meh
3. Moisturises all day: Meh
4. Pore eraser: No

The primer is really nice and smooth on the skin, however I didn't really notice a difference in my face makeup

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Just bought this to try, not an big outlay (less than $6 where I live) so if it's not great, not a big loss. Dabbed a bit on the cheeks where I want pores minimized (no makeup, just sunblock). The effect was immediate-- no pores. Now, I have dry skin so the major complaint about it being bad for oily/acne skin shouldn't apply to me; we shall see. It's a primer, not a base, so I do not plan to use it all over, but just on the cheeks. I think I will apply immediately after the sunblock to act as primer on the cheeks tomorrow, then apply foundation. I'll edit my rating (up or down) once I see how the makeup lasts.

The after wearing with makeup report: I tried it yesterday under my Jane Iredale PurePressed foundation. It was hot, I had to walk from a train station to an appointment, and still my makeup looked good, with pores minimized. In fact, the makeup looked good after 12 hours.

Today is a no-makeup day and I decided to see if it blurred the couple of reddish spots I have. It blurred them only a little, not surprising, since it's not a concealer. But the job it does on pores is impressive. And I tried it on a couple of fine lines, and those seem a bit less noticeable too.

Summary: For the price, it's a reasonable product to help minimize pore and perhaps some other imperfections. I notice many gals with oily skin disliked the product; perhaps the formulation works better with drier skin types like mine. I have now raised my rating to 5 lippies.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Don't know if I really love it or not. Check out my review on Instagram! (@beautybylala). Sure, it's affordable. But is it really great?

Pros: It's affordable and it comes with a good amount of product. It actually does a pretty good job at minimizing pores. And believe it or not, my face actually feels soft and smooth with it on!

Cons: It doesn't really help in terms of longevity for my makeup. And although my skin feels smooth and all, it also feels oily. Not good. It feels greasy and silicony! Ew! My thoughts? Maybe it contains SILICONE to clog your pores and make them appear smaller. I've heard that some of L'oreal's skincare products contain silicone, which is why skin looks so good.

I like to let it sit on my face for about 5 minutes before applying, because it's so greasy. I feel like if I apply foundation or concealer right after, they literally slide off when it gets hot.

It's not super amazing, but I don't hate it either. I won't purchase again, though. Silicone on my skin doesn't sound that great. Check the ingredients list ladies!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not a stellar product, but certainly not a bad one either- at an affordable price. I've found that the trick to using this product is to apply it directly after moisturizing, not even giving the moisturizer time to soak into the skin- this way the products mix together and create a sort of moisturizing primer

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using it for a while on my T-zone. It doesn't really make my pores look small but it does blurred em lil bit. It feels smooth and silky which is nice. But it's too silicone feeling and it'll turn oily few hours later. The packaging is nice and the price is cheap tho

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Feels oily, hardly minimizes my pores, and broke me out. It did fill in my fine lines but the fact is I won't be using something that causes me to break out as bad as this did.

Popular Primer/ Correctors