October 22, 2014 | 1790 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Maybelline - Baby Skin Pore Eraser

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Lisr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff did NOT help with pores, nor did it work as a primer. My make up slid right off and it really did a number on my skin. My skin has been pretty clear. After 1 day of wearing this, had red, clogged pores. Horrible stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by JaydeLife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! Best part is that it is non-comodogenic, which I love because most primers clog my pores and make me break out. And let's just face it, the packaging..adorable! I'm a sucker for catchy packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBri88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Since there is a bunch of hype about this product everywhere.. I HAD to get my hands on it. I picked up the last one at my local Target for around $5.99.

So, I have been using the L'Oreal Miracle Blur product for a few weeks, and that is an amazing primer. However, I felt that sometimes, it was a little too thick for my liking. When I saw Baby Skin, and heard how it was silicone based, I thought this would be a good product for me. Unfortunately, it was not.

It didn't break me out, or anything of that sort. It is a silicone based formula, which I do like. It comes in a user friendly tube, is very soft on the skin, and makes your foundation application that much smoother. BUT. It really didn't do much for me. It didn't ERASE (which is claims to do), or blur my pores. It didn't help my makeup last longer. I actually feel like it made my makeup slide right off my face throughout the day, which I HATE. I did hear a few not so great reviews on this product before buying it, but I did take in account that every persons skin IS different from the next.. I just didn't have luck with this product.

It's an amazing price, but I am very disappointed in this product.. I really wanted to love it.. Definitely going back to my L'Oreal Miracle Blur :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

This is the biggest hyped thing since sliced bread in the 2014 world.
First of all, loads of women are screaming it may be a dupe for its prettier and rich cousin Benefit Porefressional. It's not.

Sure, it slips and slides like silicones. It's kind of powdery and baby-friendly. But I didn't exactly feel like it reaffirmed any love lost between me and primers. As a dry skinned gals I don't really need to prolong wear, shrink pores,etc. I thought this would be a fun little DS gem to myself (for 6 darn bucks...can't beat that.)

I used a tiny blob, focusing on the most "pore" like area (inner cheeks and maybe nose for me) and spreading it thin across the entire face. It made my skin extraordinarily slippery, smooth, and not at all dry. Didn't really notice any lessening of laugh lines. Foundation faded around same time as any day.

So, truth be told, I think this needs to be acknowledged as something dry ladies may like over flakey spots rather than pores!

I would give it 3.5 lippies if I would, I do kinda like it and keep reaching for the cute packaging every day.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Deydamia

I knew this was not a dupe of Benefit Porefessional going in; I was hoping this would be a dupe for Tarte's pore minimizing primer. It has a siliconey texture and is clear with no fragrance. While it does feel nice going on and does blur the appearance of pores, it left my skin feeling slippery, it never really dried. A little goes a long way. However, my foundation broke up after a few hours with this underneath and it surely did not work as a primer. It also broke me out, so I will be getting rid of it. Thank God I only paid $5.99 at Target. I would return it if I hadn't thrown out the packaging! I wouldn't recommend to those with acne-prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I was fairly pleased with this product. I have the Tarte Poreless Primer as well but I find myself reaching for this one more often. As other reviews have said, it is very silicone based but it makes powder and liquid foundation apply very evenly. I have oily skin and it keeps the foundation on about 8 hours, which I think is good for oily skin. I dot it on my t-zone and smooth it out with a flat foundation brush before I buff liquid or powder on top. I have tried many other primers and I have had success with this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i have mixed feelings about this primer. Maybelline had the oppurtunity to make a great drugstore primer finally and i don't think they delivered as much as they could have.

-this definitely is NOT a dupe for benefit porefessional. dont buy this thinking that one will replace the other.
-the texture is kind of greasy, very silicone-y and feels a bit heavy on the skin. you only need a tiny amount or else if you apply too much it feels kind of gross.
-definitely blurred out my pores. lets be clear, it doesn't FILL them the way benefit porefessional does. it uses a different type of technology, it BLURS them, not fills them. Either way I feel like my pores were definitely less noticeable. Does the benefit do a better job? yes, but if you don't have a big problem with pores, the maybelline one might work ok for you.
-i would say its more comparable to loreal's miracle blur.
-i DID NOT have a bad reaction like some people did, I was surprised it didn't break me out cause it did feel like it could be one of those bad reaction products.
-the packaging is ADORABLE. i was very drawn to the cute squeeze tube.
-the price is right, 8 dollars at CVS, you could probably get it even cheaper at Walmart.
-it still isn't widely available. I know a couple people that still havent seen it in stores. It's slowly coming to most drugstores. I also haven't seen it on Maybelline's website.

all in all, I was hoping this would be a cheaper version of the expensive primers out there but it's definitely not. I will finish up what I have left but I don't think I will repurchase again. Kind of a bummer.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by MadHungarian

Love! I used it on my nose and area right around my nose and it stayed matte all day. I'm usually oily by mid day. I will warn you not to put it on your dry areas. I tried it as a full face primer one day and my face looked very flaky. Just use it on the oily areas.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

Twenty minutes into applying this my skin began to painfully itch on the areas in which I applied this. Then after that passed it turned into feeling like my skin was on fire. As soon as I get my inflamed and angry skin to calm down I'm taking it right back to Walgreens. As far as coverage...it actually did a great job at blurring my enlarged pores above my eyebrows but didn't do such a great job along my nose. Very disappointed that this was a painful bomb for me but if not a hit for me it could be a hit for someone else. Won't know unless you try it for yourself.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Xokimberly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is not worth the hype. It did absolutely nothing for me. I don't have huge pores but I mean they are there, this product did nothing to even slightly mask them, if anything I looked worse with this crap on! Like the previous review I would say this is monistat cream for the face it's watery and glides but doesn't absorb in any way. It feels cheap and to be honest this was $14 canadian dollars here and was so not worth it, a sephora brand primer is around $20 and I'm sure would've been better than this hyped up product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No