December 22, 2014 | 1045 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Maybelline - Baby Skin Pore Eraser

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by allyfosnaugh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was super excited to try this out because I had discovered it on Pinterest and then researched it on Youtube only to find out that it was not available in the U.S. I had to wait 6 months for it to finally come out here and was so amped to try this. HOWEVER, I'm very disappointed with this product! It claims that you can use it alone but it really does not hide my large pores very well. I tried it with the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream and it does hide my pores better, but honestly I feel like the BB cream is doing all the work. I really do not see myself buying this again. I had much higher expectations for this considering its called a pore eraser, which is not at all a true statement. Also, I do not think it is a good primer. Very disappointed ladies.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by TheMagicFlute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

After jumping on the Maybelline Baby Lips bandwagon (it's the only lip balm that doesn't leave a nasty film all over my lips), I was so excited to hear that this product was coming out, and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. And I must say, for me, the product lived up to the hype. The primer does feel slightly greasy on the skin, and I felt that I had to wait a bit for it to completely settle before I applied my makeup, but that was fine for me (it gave me more time to deal with my unruly hair haha).But the staying power of this product was remarkable for me. My pores did look visibly smaller, my skin appeared clearer, and I only had to blot once all day. My skin does lean on the oily side, so if you're like me and find that you have a shiny t-zone a few times a day, I think that this product will work wonders for you. Plus, the cheaper price tag can't be beat :) But, if you have serious problems with oil build-up, I may research other products before deciding on this. All in all, I am very pleased with Baby Skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Amyrosie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Way to expensive for what it is (12$ canadian)

Makes your skin smooth, true. But I tried other products that helped much more than this. Would not recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by iamsuperzero

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried to like this stuff but I just can't. The packaging is so cute and colorful and I was hoping to get more out of this. It comes out easily and clear, it feels weightless. But once I put it on my face, it felt greasy and I had to take it off. Yes, it's a primer but I feel this could be greatly improved.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

YMMV with this....it is a typical silicone primer, and if you're sensitive to 'cones I suggest you avoid it.
I usually don't have a sensitivity to most of them---sometimes I don't like how they feel but most of them don't break me out---BUT this one did! I had high hopes, as it was about $6.99 at Walgreens, and had cute packaging--and I love squeeze tube primers (easier to get it all out, in my opinion).
I ended up using this one for about 7 days straight before returning it, I ended up with several tiny white heads on my chin and near my nose, as well as a few chin cysts, which, like I said, is unusual for me. I also didn't care for how this felt on my skin---very slick and oily, all day long, no matter how I blotted or which foundation/powder I paired with it.

I am still on the hunt for the perfect primer, I'll let you know when I find it!! I suggest acne-prone peeps avoid this one though.

Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

Well, my hopes were high that there might be a drugstore primer that worked as well as any number of my higher end products. But, as one might suspect, while adequate, this does not match good primers such as Benefit's Porefessional, MAC's matte, Clarins' Beauty Flash Balm, UD primers, etc.

This primer has a silicone feel to it but does seem to absorb into the face quickly. I allow all of my primer's to sit while I do my brows or whatever - just to give it time. My foundation goes on well over this but I think it causes some slippage after several hours. (Other primers I have - with the same foundation - keep my foundation looking even and great all day long...)

Since it is so inexpensive it might be worth trying if you want to see how it works on your skin type. It lacks something for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by KenzieKatherine92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, so this stuff is just...meh. I tried it under a few different foundations, and I just can't bring myself to like this. I really wanted to, I did. Buuuuut, I just don't! First, let's start with the packaging: super cute. Mint green cute little tube, with hot pink lettering. So nothing wrong there. Then with the actual product is where problems begin (at least for me). So the formulation doesn't feel bad when you first squeeze it onto your finger or hand, but when I put it on my face it felt way too greasy. It's definitely soft on the skin, but once foundation is applied, it seems to kind of get... lumpy? I don't know how to describe it. I rubbed my face and it beaded up in little silicone-y chunks which came off of my face. It didn't really mess up my makeup, but it was just annoying and gross. Also if you are going to use this put it on your face and let it sit for a couple of minutes before applying foundation, or it will slide right off of your face, especially if you are oily ( I'm dry and it did this, just to give you an idea). So overall, I will NOT be repurchasing. I don't even think I'll use it up because I have such better primers to use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

So I'm a cosmetician at a store which is kind of like a Canadian version of Ulta. I never really needed or saw the point of a primer until I started working 9 hour shifts under fluorescent lights and have people constantly looking at your makeup. I don't have greasy skin whatsoever so I really only need something that's going to give a nice smooth base to help the longevity of my makeup versus oil control. When I opened the display for this product while doing stock I FREAKED OUT I had heard of this quite some time ago through youtube and was super excited to try it.

Price: I think the price of this is an average Maybelline price, its cheaper than Revlon, but more than essence. It's just a middle of the road price

Packaging: One side of me thinks the packaging is the cutest thing ever but the other side think it looks cheap... I think it just depends on how you look at it. It's designed like most other primers in a squeezy tube.

Smell: the smell is one of those barely there scents it just smells like makeup, it isn't irritating at all which is great

How it worked for me: Ok so I have this really odd problem with my skin I have normal/dry skin but it doesn't absorb products properly so sometimes certain product leave like some sort of build up or what I describe as "face peelies" where build up of product balls up on my face as if you rubbed school glue between your hands or something. This product if I rub it other than press it into my skin gives me that affect so I need to pushit into my skin as I rub it so It bonds with my skin better which is the main downfall. It leaves me with a satiny feeling face and my foundation glides on on top of it. I don't feel greasy underneath at all but I can see that anyone who doesn't have my skin type would feel quite greasy with it. I feel they should make an oily/combo skin version like most primers do. I notice that it does help my makeup last longer though. As for the pore "blurring" effects that it claims to have I don't really notice much of a difference but I also don't have large pores.

Would I recommend this product?: If you have normal/dry skin yes. If your oily this product would most likely be a waste of time as there are much better options for primers when it comes to oily skin that are in the same price range. I just think that this product would feel quite heavy on oily skin as I don't have oily skin at all and it can tend to be heavy if not applied carefully.

* hopefully this review has been helpful! if you have any questions about this product or products mentioned please feel free to message me :)*

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by itsjackiebella

Well its about time this product is finally available in the US!! I've heard so many positive things about this drugstore primer in the past but it just wasn't available in the states. But I finally got my hands on this!! Does it do what it claims? Is it worth the hype?

Available in one shade, which is basically clear/invisible.

This product retails somewhere in the range of $5.99-$7.99, .67 fluid ounce (20ml).

Claims:

"Why you'll love Maybelline New York Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer: Poreless smooth skin perfection! One second to smooth, poreless skin. Visibly pore blurring smooth skin."

Directions: Smooth a thin layer of Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer onto areas with visible pores for a poreless appearance.

Texture & Finish:

The primer feels and looks the same as the Smashbox Photo Finish primer, a little greasy, silicone-y, and glides on very smoothly to the skin. If you've tried the Maybelline Age Rewind Primer, the Baby Skin primer goes on smoother. It definitely helps with blurring out the appearance of your pores.

Best Application:

Using my fingertips, I press the product into the areas on my face where my pores appear to be larger (nose and center of my face) and then blend it out, still using my fingers.

Coverage:

This is a clear/invisible product, which doesn't provide any coverage (nor does it claim to), but it does a decent job of blurring out the appearance of your pores.
Staying/Lasting Power:

I wore this primer under many different foundations, both drugstore and high end. Although my skin seemed to get oily and having to blot several times throughout the day, it seemed to last all day on my combo-oily skin. After about 8 hours of wear under my makeup, my foundation, blush, & bronzer seemed to still be in tact with minimal fading and my pores were still blurred. This product is good drugstore alternative if you don't want to shell out lots of $$ for a higher end product but I don't feel like this is anything life-changing.

Fragrance:

This product doesn't seem to have much of a scent.

Packaging:

Love the packaging… very cute!! The product comes in a convenient sleek squeeze tube.

MY FINAL VERDICT

The Good:

The primer is a decent affordable product that you can find at the drugstore. It does its job in blurring the appearance of your pores as claimed.

The Bad:

The area on my face where I applied the primer got oily after only two hours and I had to blot several times a day. If you have ANY slight dryness on your face, this product WILL cling to it and make it look like you have dry patches.

The Beautiful Truth:

I would recommend this product to people who are looking for an affordable drugstore primer. On my opinion, this product is NOT a dupe for the Benefit's POREfessional Primer (Maybelline does not claim this product to be a dupe, but I am stating this because I hear many people saying that this is a dupe). If you have EXTREMELY oily skin, I wouldn't recommend this product (unless you don't mind blotting several times throughout the day). If you have dry skin, you can use this product but I recommend you moisturize very well to avoid this product from clinging to your dry patches. It doesn't fill in your pores like Benefit's POREfessional Primer does as this product does more of a "blurring effect". Personally, I will finish up this product but will probably stick to my HG Benefit POREfessional, mostly because I don't become oily at all throughout day with my Benefit POREfessional. All in all, this isn't a bad product... just not my favorite.

For more beauty, skin care, tips & reviews, come visit my blog at:

Thanks for stopping by! Ciao for now! <3

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm always looking for a good primer that helps with my pores, it doesn't fill them in but for the price I think it does a pretty good job at blurring them I only use this around my nose area because when I first used it i applied it to other slightly problem areas (forehead and chin) and this mixed with an already oily t- zone looked and felt awful! This was after using a powder repeatedly during the day, if you are oily I'd reccomend using very little! And finding a food blotting powder, I will buy it again its cheap and I like the little colourful tube it comes in