September 16, 2014 | 1783 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Maybelline - Baby Skin Pore Eraser

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by thefallofnadia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I think this is a great primer to try! Baby skin has a silicone feel and is clear. I'd say the feel is comparable to Monistat cream which is often used as primer as well as Benefit Porefessional. Baby skin claims to eliminate pores instantly. I think the product works well and it didn't break me out. It felt good on my face and it instantly mattified. The wear was great and it made my foundation glide on smoothly. I didn't notice an increase in foundation wear time. I had a reaction to Porefessional so this gives me what I want without breaking me out. Everyone should try this primer. It is 6.99 and if you approach the Walgreens beauty counter and ask for a coupon, I'm sure they'll give you one.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover1018

This is a very inexpensive product. It does a great job minimizing my pores! I have huge pores. It did not hide but it did minimize them and made my skin feel sooo smooth
i am extremely happy with my purchase. Price ranges from 5.49-8.99.
I bought mine at Harmon's Discount Store for 5.49. I really do love the packaging. It is very cute. My foundation glides smoothly after applying this but i am afraid that it will break me out.
it is not worth the hype that it gets but it is an OKAY primer.
feels greasy and i would never wear this in the summer!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh noooo, I had such high hopes for this cute little tube. On the plus side, it does seem to be a super of the Smashbox, but on the downside, I don't like that product. This is a clear gel, verrrrrry silicone-y, feels slick/slimy like all those other primers out there. I'm oily and tend to have large pores on the nose and upper cheeks. These siliconey types of primers don't do as much to hide shine or pores as my HG.

It's far more pricey, but if you want a great pore eraser, try Clinique's Instant Perfector in Light or Deep, depending on your coloring. They also have a pigment-free version called Invisible Bright, but it's a tad more siliconey and doesn't perform as well as the pigmented versions. I should note that I use the Light and it goes on fairly pigment-free. It's not like you're wearing a tinted moisturizer or anything like that.

So yeah, I'll toss this in the drawer until I'm either too cheap to buy the Clinique or find some alternative use for it. Meh.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by bananachan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have been anticipating picking up this product for a while. I heard that it was a dupe for the Smashbox primer, and I wanted a more inexpensive version. This seems to have done the job well!

It has a light, gel-like consistency like many other primers containing silicone. I did not need very much product; less than a pea-sized amount was enough to cover my entire face. It went on silky with little pull.

I noticed the first day I used it that it seemed to help with my oil production. Usually within a couple of hours after applying my makeup, I have noticeable shine that needs to be powdered. After three hours though, I was still semi-matte! I was very impressed. It did not work as well when I had sunscreen underneath it, though.

I don't understand why the price has been voted so high- I got this for less than $7 USD.

Overall, I was pretty satisfied and I would consider buying this product again if I ever ran out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I was suckered in by the adorable packaging. I love the cute design and tiny easy-to-travel with tube.

In my opinion, this is exactly the same as Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind primer (minus the slight pink tone of Instant Age Rewind) - they share the same super silky soft feel, and slightly satin transparent finish. I was put off by this at first, I was expecting the product to be more matte like many primers I had tried (which dried out my skin) and it wasn't really. It is at most - on my skin, semi-matte. I do notice it reduces the appearance of pores on my skin (but so do any silicone based primers or products) and it helped my foundation or BB cream glide on more easily, and prevented the foundation/BB cream from sinking into pores - however, I do not have a problem with enlarged pores, just some slightly visible pores on my nose which doesn't bother me. I also like this on days when I wear no make-up just to use in the t-zone, it seems to absorb oil and keep it at bay for a few hours max while not looking dry and "powder-y".

I can see some being put off by the less than matte finish and if your skin hates silicones then obviously avoid this. I would probably recommend this to those with combo or normal, slightly dry skin but not oily because of the finish which may not be matte enough/have enough oil-absorbing properties.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by willcaro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim because I was in need of a primer after Revlon's Photo ready color correcting primer turned out to be awful and made my make up look totally unnatural. This makes my foundation look dewy and helps it glide on effortlessly, but you'll get those benefits with any good silicone based primer.

In terms of its promise to diminish the appearance of pores, it falls short. I DO have large pores and oily skin, so I'm always looking for products to help create a poreless look and while this did slightly help, I didn't see results that I'd rave about. I will note also that this didn't product didn't break me out like some primers have in the past.

so over all, I would buy it again because it's cheap and makes my make up look natural and not cakey, but don't buy too far into the pore shrinking promise.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by KatGrah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased this product and I really liked it!! I have tried a couple of primers before (pixi poreless and flawless and smashbox photoready) and yes, I've also tried the monistat chaffing cream as a primer just like a lot of other women out there!! I really liked this product,it is a little bit thick (compare to the other primers I have tried) but it goes on really nice and smooth.

I tried it by itself (it's transparent, so no worries about it matching your skin tone) and I tried it under my maybelline stick foundation and I really really liked both results, (by itself and under the foundation). I will definitely repurchased this product!!!

Oh, I almost forgot, I do not have large pores, so I wouldn't know if it actually helps in making them look smaller which is what it claims to do and even though the product doesn't claim to be a primer, it works really good for keeping my foundation on for hours!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by MakeupandMiranda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Adorable packaging just like all products by Maybelline. This primer is not terrible, but definitely not outstanding. Just average. It just does the job. Goes on quite greasy but does make the skin feel very soft and smooth. I don't see a large difference in my pores when I am wearing this primer. For the low cost and easy accessibility, it doesn't hurt to pick it up if you want to try something new.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by lauramb122

I really enjoyed this face primer! I was so excited when I found it at my local CVS! In my opinion, this face primer makes the skin looks so smooth. It feels a bit greasy but it doesn't really bother me to much. It also kind of sits on the skin unlike the Porefessional by Benefit which kind of absorbs into the skin a bit. I don't think it minimizes the look of pores as well as the Porefessional but it does make the skin look soft. I think if your interested in it, give it a try! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by jackiechan95

I work in cosmetics at Walgreens so I bought it the second it came in. I am satisfied with the product. That is it, though. This product isn't "outstanding" but it's cheap and it does the job well.