April 23, 2014 | 1987 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by supeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It doesn't moisturize nor does it tones. Because it's not meant to. It's meant to calm irritated skin after reacting to certain irritants or after shaving and changing of environment. It really calms my flushed face a lot and you know it when a product feels good on your skin and you know that it's helping you.
It's exactly what Avene's Thermal water does to me everytime. As for if I would repurchase, I ALWAYS repurchase it. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I love Avene especially Eluage, the tinted sunscreen (only one w/green hue that looks natural on me, also the body oil etc), and have had the spray several times since it came with some gift packs I got. I just don't find anything special about it other than its hard to find a misting bottle that sprays as fine a mist as this does. If I could, plain old bottled spring water would be better for me. So when I have this in a set I use it to set my mu, but otherwise use spring water in a regular spray bottle though its sloppier.

I hoped this would help my very reactive skin since I moved and now deal with hard water, my skin is always red. But nada, zip, just plain old water to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by isabellaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

It is just water, to be honest. So there won't be any magic, but it does calm the skin down. I use it as a toner in the morning and after moisturizer (from Avène aswell) my make up actually looks a lot better after a long day.
Since it's quite cheap (10€ in Finland), you won't feel ripped off if you don't like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 4:44:00 AM More reviews by jasLLLynn

personally didn't experience anything good or bad with this product. just made me feel good using it. ?_?

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Tigris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this product and I use it for many reasons, and have done so the past three years.

I spray it during the day to refresh my face, and during the summer to calm it.

Sometimes I have a wish to quickly dry out some areas of skin due to breakouts, and then this product works wonderfully after I've used my other alcoholic products (Exuviance) and makes sure my skin does not stay irritated.

I've also used this to soothe my skin from sunburn etc. and I can definitely feel some relief!

Packaging is good, and product long-lasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by LianneN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've bought several bottles of this. Eversince I started using retin-A in combination with dianetter (diane-35/minerva-35) depending on which country you're from. Retin-A still causes occasional flakes and dianette reduces oil production.

I found that if I spray this on after I washed my face followed with hydrance optimale riche my skin feels and stays more hydrated.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by bagella

This is good, because it is essentially just water and water can only be so bad, but not great.
I've been using thermal waters religously every day for the past 4 years. I've tried this, as well as the La Roche Posay and Vichy thermal waters, and this one is definately last on my list.
LRP was by far the best and most effective for my skin, over time, i found it actually improved the quality of my skin texture. Vichy came in close second, but I found it a bit too salty.
Avene feels and has the results of putting normal tap water on my skin. Definately try LRP or Vichy first.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by kocie

i love it! because make my skin fresh when i use it. i also can use it everytime i want.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by klaiyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't get it... it doesn't do anything for my skin. I've tried it after a work out, after a shower, before and after makeup and moisturizer... it just seems like it's plain old tap water in an aerosol can. Will not be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Brijou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive skin that easily gets red. So immediately after cleansing my face and rinsing it with tap water, I spray my face with Avene Thermal Water. Water in big cities can be really hard, which makes your skin feel tight, but with this water my skin doesn't feel pulled. I follow up with the Avene toner. However because of the price, I'm going to buy a spray bottle and fill it up with mineral water. It's still better than tap water and won't cost much!