September 30, 2014 | 1919 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall Cream Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by girlingoldboots

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I needed foundation, and after reading the good reviews decided to give this a try. I got the 815 Fair shade, which is kinda light for my skin tone, but if blended in well enough did not make me look too pale. My problem was with the wear. It looked cakey (even if applied with a light hand), and after setting it with powder, looked oily a few hours after having it on. Then to make matters worse, toward the end of the day I had breakouts that I did not have before. When I stopped using this my skin stopped breaking out. Also, with a name like "Coverall", you would think the coverage would be decent, but I still needed concealer. Even though it was cheap at like $4, I am disappointed in this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Not enough shades for a good color match. I'm between light and medium, and I don't care how cheap it is - I don't have the patience or time to mix the two. I like the initial finish, but it turns really, really oily in just a few hours - way more so than any foundation I've used. Not a fan.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by BlondeMama

This product is OKAY. nothing special for me like all of the other reviews on here. Coverage IS medium to full like it says, but the product emphasizes any lines or pores in my face and i didnt even know I had any! The texture feels pasty and dries soooo quick. I will say that it looked better when i put a loose powder over it. It smells kind of plasticy or something I cant really describe it, but it does go away after it dries. I'll use the rest of it up but most likely I wont buy it again because I know theirs got to be a better one out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by sdaw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say if you packaged this in a Chanel bottle I wouldn't know it was a drug store foundation. This stuff goes on the skin like a high end foundation. It feels amazing. My skin looked great--it didn't look cakey or clingy. I was so excited. But 15 minutes after I applied it, I looked in the mirror outside and it was gone. I looked like had no make up on at all. I couldn't believe it. Also the packaging is ridiculous. It exploded when I pulled the safety seal off. Returned.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I bought this product yesterday and I know that is really early to review it, but I have worn it in the hot humid Illinois weather yesterday and today and I must say I am so far impressed. I really want to say WOW! I can't believe this is a cheapo drugstore product. It feels nice, not greasy. It has held up in 80+ degrees and under intense humidity. I noticed it does sweat, but it gotten to that gross oil spill stage. I know it is good when it covers my acne scars, acne and discoloration.....and it doesn't melt in my car that has no air conditioning (and a driver's side window that doesn't roll down). I have driven twice during the heat of the day wearing this stuff and I have been so impressed with it.

My only concern is that I have acne prone skin and I will have to wear this a few more times before I know if my skin reacts to it, but so far I have had no stinging or sensitivity issues. It doesn't feel overly heavy on my skin and has a nice matte finish, with a hint of dewiness. I believe it is described as "satin-matte". I think that is a good description.

My day to day foundation is Gerda Spillman cream foundation and I really like that, but I need something for the beach. I have To Faced BB cream and Garnier BB cream for oil to combo skin...which are good for different reasons, but aren't perfect. Thus, I knew I had to try Wet 'n Wild's Coverall to see if I liked it.....and so far I do. I think it will be a great foundation to take on vacation and ultimately to the beach. As long as this stuff doesn't make me explode in acne I think I will have to go buy some back-ups. I recommend giving this lil guy a try...if you hate it you are only out like $3.

I will update about the acne. If it doesn't give me acne I will give this bad boy 5 lippies....if I get acne I stills say it is a 4....just clearly not for me. :)

Update: Hasn't broken me out that I know of. I still get acne, but that is just my constant state of being. I don't believe this has caused any cystic acne or painful, abnormal product related acne breakouts.

So this product isn't perfect. It looks great when I first apply it, but if I don't set with powder it will sort of get eaten by my face after a few hours. I'm still going to give it 5 lippies because it works best of all DS foundations I have used and is perfect for me during the summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am currently low on funds and in desperate need of foundation since my Colorstay was on its last legs. I tend to only buy Colorstay but just can't right now and besides, I'm always looking for something a bit more natural looking (and cheaper). I have used NYC smooth skin foundation in the past but the last few bottles I bought have all oxidized terribly on me so I returned them and now its a no-go. All in all I am impressed with Wet n Wild Coverall. First off, I got a tube for a whole .99 cents since I had a coupon and it was on sale for 50% off at my local Giant grocery. They only carry 3 shades so I had to go with light. ( My skin is more fair/light -Colorstay Sand beige) There is not a huge selection of shades anyway but IMO they are a good match for the skin tones they coordinate with.The shades all look darker in the tube than on skin but light is still a bit dark for me, passable, but I think I have to wait till I slap on the fake tanner in the summer to use it up. I then bought 2 tubes of the fair/ light at Rite aid for bogo 50% (so about $3 a tube) figuring if it didn't work I'd return it. I really like it. I'm odd man out but I really like the tube, I just squeeze very gently, I actually get less product out of the tube than when I had to pour my other foundations out of the bottles. This stuff applies nicer than Colorstay, even though it seems to have a drier feel upon initial application. It is soo natural looking. It gives me medium coverage and I can build it up under my eyes and on my nose and chin. ( I don't use concealer) This looks like my real skin just better. I use less because it blends and matches seemlessly so I only have to put it on my problem areas and not my whole entire face. However, what is keeping me from a full 5 lipstick rating is the fact that it does not last as long as my Colorstay. I do have to blot and touch up a few times a day. I have not had it break down and disappear but I do get shine breakthrough. In high heat and humidity I'm a bit concerned but I will have to wait and see. I may go back to Milk of Magnesia as a primer to see if that helps. I do set this with homemade cornstarch/cocoa powder face powder (very absorbent - almost to dry when I use Colorstay) as I am so oily.

UPDATE 8/31/13- This is now my cheapy HG. I use lanacane anti-chafing gel as my primer and cornstarch/cocoa powder or talc powder as my setting powder and this lasts forever and looks natural. I've also switch to the fair/light shade. I need to blot/ touch up my powder maybe once a day in the high heat or if I've had a long day and and am then going out but other than that its perfect!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Overall, this is a good solid foundation but certainly not the best out there. For the price, you get a decent quality full coverage foundation. My #1 reason why I do like this foundation is that even though this is full coverage, it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. Other full coverage foundation that I've tried and found very heavy were Revlon Colorstay and Estee Lauder Double Wear. My second reason why I like this foundation is that it doesn't clog my pores or break me out. My skin is oily, clog prone and reactive with occasional hormonal acne so finding a foundation that works for me is a painful task. My third reason why I like this foundation is that it has great oil control. Lastly, I was able to find a decent (not spot on) but decent color match with Medium-Tan. I'm these shades in the following: MAC NC40-42 (summer), Urban Decay 6.0, Chanel 040 and MUFE Mat Velvet+ 55.

These are the reasons why this foundation falls short from being HG.
The first reason is the lack of staying power. Even though it does give good oil control, by the 5th hour of wear, it starts to break down and appear patchy. The second reason is that because this is a cream consistency foundation, it does cake in my fine lines around the eye area and lips. I find that I need to blend those areas w/ a qtip during the day. Lastly, I really hate the tube opening. Why such a huge hole? You have to be careful when squeezing product out or else it will come out in huge blobs.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by StretchyElephant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My thoughts mirror missmanic's...this is hands-down one of (if not the absolute) BEST drugstore foundations I've ever used. This has quickly become my everyday foundation. I have the shade 815 which is PERFECT for my neutral-fair skintone (seriously, this foundation doesn't run too orange or too blue at all!) I have oily skin and sandwich this foundation between primer and translucent powder, and while the oil does break through eventually, the makeup doesn't disintegrate and slide off of my face like most cream foundations do. I kind of just get dewy. It might not be the longest-wearing foundation (though it does hold up well in the Florida heat and humidity), but it wears so beautifully and naturally for a med-to-full coverage (drugstore!!) foundation that I don't see the wear time as a disappointment in the least. One note about the packaging : while I love the convenient and sanitary squeeze tube, I find that it's very easy to squeeze out A LOT, and if I don't keep the tube cap-up the foundation will bubble out when I open it. A little wasteful if you're not careful, but certainly still completely worth the <$4 it costs to try this amazing product! Definitely repurchasing.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a DS gem. I have extremely fair skin. Finding face products pale enough for me is usually a struggle. 815 (the lightest shade available) matches my skin better than my high end foundations/bb creams/tinted moisturizers. My mom kept commenting on how "natural" it looked on my skin and how it didn't have any yellow/beige/orangey tones that can make my skin look off. I wore this over MAC Prep & Prime SPF 50 (the old version) and set it with Blot Powder.

I'm extremely oily, and while my oil *did* break through, it was nothing excessive or quicker/more so than usual. It was horribly humid and hot on the day I decided to wear this, and I was surprised how great my skin still looked at the end of my day. I only noticed some very slight cracking/build up where my "frown lines" are constantly moving between my eyebrows.

My skin isn't terrible, but I do have some active acne and discoloration from old marks. This evened out my skin tone without being mask like or looking like I was wearing heavy foundation. I have very dark under eye circles, and I still needed my usual concealer, but that is expected with any face product I use.

For less than $4 at Harmon, this is an amazing steal. If you're fair skinned and find this too dark for you, make sure you are picking up 815, and not the 2 shades above it. Some stores don't have the entire range of shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by AidaE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not a bad product at all, especially for the 3.99 price tag. The medium shade matched my skin tone quite nicely and the creamy texture didn't overly emphasize my dry spots. It didn't irritate my sensitive skin nor did it clog my pores and cause breakouts. It does have a slight chemically smell which really didn't bother me too much. When I first tried this foundation I loved it because of the consistency and price. However, when I really needed it to COVER ALL, it sort of let me down. I have eczema and tend to get redness in some areas and this product didn't do the trick in concealing the redness. I also find that you have to work with it really fast so that it blends evenly. It also feels a bit sticky and heavy on the skin. I tried using it as a concealer by dotting it a bit more heavily on small spots and that tends to do the trick. I feel as though the product isn't as pigmented. But, as a foundation to throw in my purse for occasional touch ups, I would definitely repurchase.