April 17, 2014 | 1804 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall Cream Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Anyone else breaking out with this stuff????
I notice the tube doesn't say NON-comedogenic on it. Such a shame cuz I reallyyyy love what I see. This is surprising because i DONT have sensitive acne prone skin, as a matter of fact NO makeup has ever broken me out (knocking on wood) any acne I get is purely hormonal (time of the month/weight gain related). Anyways, Im wearing 816 fair/light which btw isn't light enough for me, (NC25). It might've worked if it wasn't so neutral-pink undertones that scream orange mud in daylight. Love the creamy (full of silicone primer ingredients) texture & the coverage (2 layers really does cover-all of my scars/moles). The finish is dewy, it says semi-matte; very natural. It does transfer to cellphone/clothes so you musttt set it with power AND finishing spray. So 2 awful points.

Ive been using this for night outs/dim light settings since it isnt the right match for white lights office settings, for a wk now & since then have noticed more redness & new whiteheads/acne on my cheeks. I love the formula, price, finish so much that Im willing to give it another go with the Fair (if it matches) as my problem areas could be related to the OCM I started a month back (late purge period?) Idk maybe Im in denial, but I want to give this the benefit of doubt. I refuse to give up on this stuff, just yet. Ill report back with the new shade & another week of use!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by curlycolor

I really wanted to like this product....and to be fair, there are some things I do like about it. The coverage is great; you really don't need concealer. And of course the price is amazing. The color selection is not good; the lightest shade, 815, was a bit too light for me, and the next shade, 816, was way too dark, but I just mixed them.

But my skin is fairly sensitive, and this makeup breaks me out. It causes large pink bumps to pop up. I'm wearing it now---put it on a few hours ago---and one of those bumps is coming up on my forehead. Also, even though I use a very rich, hydrating moisturizer before applying the foundation, this product leaves me with a masklike effect. I have a small patch of eczema or dermatitis beneath one eye, and this stuff clings to it and magnifies it like crazy.

All in all, I think it would be best on youthful skin, which is more forgiving. If it works for you, but you can't find a shade match, don't let that stop you. It's so cheap that you can buy two or three shades and custom mix your own, in a clean moisturizer jar or a little glass paint pot from Michael's.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Carly716

I bought this product because of the price. When I first found Coverall it included a dollar off coupon coupled with a buy one get one 1/2 off sale. I am so pleased I chose to buy this. In the past wet n wild foundations had been way too pink for me but the 819/medium is a perfect match. I love the texture and consistency, when I apply I just squirt a dollop into my palm and apply like I do my moisturizer then buff it out with a thick stippling brush. Although the plastic smell is not the best it doesn't bother me. My only issue, and this is hardly an issue, is the size of the hole the makeup dispenses through, its a bit wide. Other than that; since buying my fist tube, which is not ever out, I've bought 2 more tubes with the dollar off buy one get one 1/2 off deal, I'm set for awhile!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pretty good for the price. You need to use a good face primer first though or after a couple of hours the pores around your nose will look huge. The best way to apply is with a buffing brush. I use the costal scents bionic buffer and it makes my face look flawless! The tube is blah! I prefer the covergirl stay fabulous foundation(which is my HG right now) so I'll probably use this as leg makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by norimaki

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A wonderful budget foundation. I can't believe that it works so well and so cheap! Color, coverage and wear is better than a lot of high end foudations I've tried recently. I recently tried samples of Benefit Oxygen foundation and this one looks more natural and wears more evenly for me- what a shock!

Try this foundation and the matching powder b/c you can't go wrong for the price. I got Light in the foundation and the powder in light/med. Perfect for light/medium asian skin!

I'm going to stock up just in case!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by ktyska

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing this for about 3 weeks now. I have Light/Medium # 818, matches my skin tone very well, not "orange" or "weird yellow", just a natural medium color. I wouldn't say this is full coverage, just average medium coverage. Very liquid-y in the tube--you must store this with the cap UP, otherwise it pools at the opening, and you could squirt out way more than you need. I put a small amount on my ceramic pallet and dip my RT face brush or my ELF flat top brush into it and apply to my face. I use very little, maybe a pea sized drop. This is AWESOME under my eyes. Covers my dark circles and doesn't sink into the lines. BUT, that's where the love stops.
After a little while, this sinks into my pores around my nose and cheeks and turns so oily!! My T-zone was a hot mess, powder doesn't help. I apply around 7:30 AM and by 4 PM, this is "gone" from my skin. This also transfers so bad--on my phone, on my hands, on my H, and that's probably why I find it "gone" from my face, it's on everything else!! I have to have a foundation that doesn't transfer.
I've tried various primers underneath and no primer at all, same results.
I did give the overall rating a "4". Colors are good, price is great, easy to apply, and from the other reviews here, people like it. It just didn't work for my skin. Will continue to use it under my eyes with another foundation for the rest of my face (Revlon Colorstay).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Edit: This is amazing. I am upping the lippies to 5. Bought PF's new super BB (beautiful-too dark), and Lumene's BB in light. It's okay. This is velvet-beautiful and perfect. $4? OMG. I bought 2 fair/light and 1 fair. I'm going back for another fair. Former snob? Well, yes. No line-Lancome, Clinique, Josie Maran or Stila can come close.

Since I liked Wet N Wild's TM (which was more of a foundation) I was interested to see what Coverall was about. It's great! Fair/light suits me well, NW20. As more of a TM girl, the first day I thought this went on rather thickly. It does. But, after blending and a spray of rosewater on my sponge, this sheers out to exactly where I want it to be-natural, semi-matte, and my dry cheeks are happy, as is my oily forehead and nose. I've returned so many foundations recently, because most I've picked up are yellow-gold. This one seems to be true to what it says-light, not too pink, not to yellow. I'm not trying to fake a tan here. For $4, oh yes! I do use moisturizer under it, and if it seems cakey, check your primer (mattifying?) but I see no need for primer with this great little drugstore find.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by jinxd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ewwww.... I have combo, dehydrated skin that tends to get fairly oily in the t-zone later in the day but this stuff turned me into an oil slick in less than 2 hours. A sticky, gooey, messy oil slick.
Initial application was ok, I guess. I used a damp sponge but it was still a little difficult to blend. I wasn't real fond of the finish either, I had applied it very thinly but it looked really heavy and cakey despite covering very very little. So, it pretty much failed right off the bat. 2 hours in and I had to get this stuff off my face, it felt horrible. Walked into the bathroom to wash it off and was surprised to see a face full of acne :/ I'm somewhat acne-prone but have never broken out this bad, even accidentally falling asleep in Revlon CS didn't screw my face up like this stuff did.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by AlexisTeeHee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A most definite howly grail product! I was going on vacation with my sister, and I was running out of my bare minerals foundation. I didn't wanted to pack it because it would be too messy. I was just running into the store to find a concealer, but then I saw this for 4 bucks. I couldn't help but pick it up along with the powder. I didn't even look at the color (clumsy and lazy me). I bought my powder in medium which is WAY too dark for me. I bought this foundation in light. It is so perfect for my skin color. I was shocked. I didn't expect a lot from a 4 dollar foundation to be honest. I have quite a bit of acne on my forehead and the temple area pretty bad. I also have very little redness around my cheeks. My sister has pretty bad redness and blackheads. We both put this on (the tube is very hygienic to share) and we were both shocked. It was matte. We both have very oily skin. It covered up my acne and her redness all in one application. I didn't even have to use a concealer to cover up anything besides my under eye bags (I only get those when I don't get enough sleep). Then, I applied the powder very lightly. I could wear just the powder itself to coverup everything easily (if I didn't have any acne at the moment). I was traveling all day around Niagara falls and to museums, constantly taking pictures of everything. I got back after a 4 mile walk to the waterpark and an aquarium and my face make-up was perfect still. It looked like I had perfect skin! I hope this never will be discontinued. I will constantly use this everyday, and I have been. It's been a week and I still haven't used the whole thing up. (note: both me and my sister have been using this) you only need a small amount this has great coverage and it stays all day. There isn't a single con about it. Just so many pros. Great job wet n' wild, great job! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by CocoJuniper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an outstanding budget foundation. It's a dreamy creamy formula, not super-liquidy, but it will run out of the tube opening if you're not careful. The texture is smooth and creamy, and it blends beautifully. Coverage is medium plus. It looks and feels natural with just one layer and it easily covers redness and old acne scars, but active breakouts will probably need extra help. It doesn't sink into my pores. I have applied this with both a beauty blender and a buffing brush and it does well with both. I'm used to a lighter coverage foundation, so I prefer to use a damp beauty blender and sheer it out slightly. My skin is on the drier side of normal right now, and while this foundation dries down to a semi-matte finish, I don't find it overly drying or uncomfortable. It's not super long-lasting but it stays for a good 8 hours on me. Now for the shade. I have 815 Fair. For reference I have very light skin with yellow undertones (NC10, L'Oreal W1). Fair is a tiny bit dark and a little too neutral-toned for me. This face needs pure yellow, my friends. But with careful blending (not really that difficult with this foundation) Fair is definitely wearable. I doubt anyone but me can tell it's not perfect. It's not as pink as Revlon Colorstay in Ivory, which I cannot wear in public due to looking like a corpse, so there's that. Anyway, it's a very nice foundation and with so few good foundations for pale people at the drugstore, this one is definitely worth picking up to see if it works for you.