November 23, 2014 | 1222 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall Cream Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can literally claim that I have used hundreds of brands of foundation. My skin is oily and almost NC30/35 but not as yellow. I have some olive in my skin and the best match of color is usually in the tan area. I bought this in Medium Tan for $2 from Rite Aid. The shade looked darker in the tube. When I bought it, I did not have high hopes. I tried it on my primer and loved it. The coverage is buildable. I have also used this without the primer and despite my skin oiliness, I have been happy as to its staying power. The shade of Medium Tan is so complimentary that I have never been able to find it in another brand. The texture is beautiful and soft. It does not get into the pores or fine lines and make them larger or exaggerated. Totally recommend this to all!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I don't like foundations, especially liquids. Even the nicest brands--Chanel, shiseido, MAC, all fail to seem worth the money and hassle. It was with a bit of hesitation that I decided to jump on the WnW foundation wagon, but i'm powerless in the face of a good deal. I am pretty pale, cool-toned (NW20 is a perfect match,) and I initially purchased the lightest shade (fair.) It was way too pale. Mixed with the next shade up (light/pale,) it's a good match, and a step up coverage-wise from my tinted moisturizer/MAC face & body fdtn. When I set it with MAC MSFN powder, the effect is perfect. Like my skin, but much much better. The packaging is *ideal*, IMO. Love the sanitary squeeze tube, and its clear, so you know how much is left. I have combination, dehydrated, acne-prone skin, and I do not believe it has broken me out.

The shade range is pretty pitiful, and it does require occasional touch ups. I apply with my real techniques brush, but i think a foundation brush may be even better if you'd like more coverage. If you can mix and match to your shade, do it. It is the only liquid foundation (especially drugstore,) that I've enjoyed applying in years.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by ExoticAlbino

I avoided this for the first couple of months it was on the market after having a bad experience with the setting powder from the Coverall line. What a shame, because this stuff is awesome. I wish I found it before spending literally hundreds of dollars on high end foundations. Wet N Wild's cream Coverall foundation blows MUFE & Nars out of the competition. I am not impressed by the low price...yeah, it's awesome I only paid $4, but that's not the reason I love this stuff. I would have paid $50 for these results.

For what it's worth, I really like Revlon's Colorstay foundation. I still do, but this has taken its place. You can cover giant imperfections or you can sheer Coverall fndt out. Its coverage is very buildable, & best of all - it looks like my skin. It applies so smoothly! My ex is very critical of the make up I wear & he wasn't even able to tell that I had foundation on. Amazing, since everything else on the market tends to look obvious on me.

Now for the cons - Wet N Wild.....not all pale girls are cool toned! There's only one pale shade (Fair) & it has pink undertones. If you move one shade up to Fair/Light 116 you are looking at NC20. I am NC10 & although Fair *is* light enough for me, the undertone looks sickly on my warm skin. For the quality, I can look past this flaw. My best advice for anyone in the same scenario is try using a very warm toned powder to set it & neutralize the pink. The other con I've found is that this is NOT the best foundation for us oily skinned gals. Without an amazing setting powder I could not ever wear this here in hot, humid Dallas. Tip: The only powder I've found to set this properly is Palladio rice powder. I am now able to go 6 hours without looking like a greaseball, before I would have lasted 3 hours max.

*EDIT*: This just doesn't hold up to the summer heat. So I will resume using it in the winter OR when I have a serious break out & need the extra coverage. It is a good foundation, even though not HG material..I'd still reccommend it to all.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Keribell74

First off I loved this foundation! The fair shade matched my fair yellowed undertones skin so perfectly, blended beautifully, and the best part it was so inexpensive and the packaging was compact. It was my HG foundation up until I broke out like crazy.. My skin care routine hasn't change, except my foundation.. I gave this a 4 because aside from it breaking me out I loved it. Maybe it can work for someone with less acne prone sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by hmhanke89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation...for the first two hours I have it on. After that I look greasy, oily, yuck. I used Coverall with a primer, mattifying gel and powder, yet that still didn't help. I think I'll stick to my Revlon Colorstay. I'm sad because I LOVE WnW eyeshadows, but this product just didn't work with my oily skin. I'll probably hang on to it and try it one more time in winter to see if the results are any better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Raineth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was intrigued enough to pick up this foundation at Walgreens last Friday and I *love it!* I've tried a lot of foundations over the years, from drugstore to pretty high-end, and this is one of my favorites. I picked up both fair and fair/light. I've been using self-tanner on my face and the fair/light is working well for me. I think the fair will be perfect for when I go back to my regular, ghost-like skin color.

I used a BeautyBlender to apply and then put a dusting of finishing powder to set the foundation. It lasts all day long.

Best $4 I've spent in a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WnW has really been impressing the heck outta me lately. This newly released foundation is definitely a stand out product in my mind. I have the lightest shade (815 Fair). The Coverall foundation is surprisingly good for the price. It is a cream foundation that is medium to full coverage on me when applied with clean fingers and buffed out with a damp, stippling brush / dense, flat topped brush. I use the E.L.F. HD Powder to set and it lasts for hours on my combination skin. I DO get oily in my T-zone but I wore this foundation through a vigorous band rehearsal where I sweated profusely and it held up pretty well. The finish is a creamy, satin matte. It does not appear cakey on the skin as long as I remember not to use very much as a little goes a long way with this product. This brings me to my only gripe...the packaging. :( Every time I open the thang or even squeeze the tube for that matter, I inevitably lose some product. Messy messy messy. But I can deal with that since the actual product formulation is so awesome. WnW is rockin' lately! I'll be using this foundation quite a bit in the summer, I think. Oh yah, I used this foundation OVER the Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel as primer. :):

xoxo
- Jess

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by BlondeMama

OK, So when I put this on, I loved the finish. Except for when I tried to put on blush, it just rubbed the make up off of my cheeks instead of creating the blush color. After I wore this for about 4 hours, my face looked as if I had taken an oil bath and the make up had slid all down my face. I do have pretty oily skin so this is probably why. Dry skinned gals I would reccommend this to you! If I had dry skin i would repurchase, but in my case, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by girlingoldboots

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I needed foundation, and after reading the good reviews decided to give this a try. I got the 815 Fair shade, which is kinda light for my skin tone, but blended perfectly. I use a primer underneath and set with powder and this has been a good overall product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Not enough shades for a good color match. I'm between light and medium, and I don't care how cheap it is - I don't have the patience or time to mix the two. I like the initial finish, but it turns really, really oily in just a few hours - way more so than any foundation I've used. Not a fan.