January 28, 2015 | 1892 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall Cream Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by LockMorgan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is turning out to be an HG! I wasn't sure it would because of the price (indicating a lack of quality IMO) but once again Wet n Wild delivers!
I have oily acne-prone skin and I was looking for an alternative to Colourstay (which is relatively expensive, three times the cost of one tube of this wonderful stuff) and I'd say that while not quite the same as colourstay, it's certainly similar.
The colour (very light) is perfect for me! Far better than buff in colourstay (too pigmented). I just need to warm it up with some bronzer in the summer, and in the winter this will be perfect. That is one of the biggest things for me. I prefer the finish of this when I first apply it (as opposed to colourstay) though by the end of the day, they look the same--I need to blot after a few hours (around lunch), but nothing too terrible. It sticks pretty well, doesn't slide off, and blush doesn't fade too much either.
I find that it applies just fine with my trusty ecoTools foundation brush. I do notice that it sets a bit quicker than CG Stay Fabulous (which I loved, but it broke me out) but that's not a problem as I always apply foundation one section of my face at a time.
I wouldn't say that it's a medium-full coverage foundation though. It barely covers my acne and acne scarring at all, so I still need to use concealer. I'd put this as more of a light-medium coverage. As well, while at the beginning of the day it feels light on the skin, by the end of the day I can feel it there because of the oil on my skin (which I don't mind a huge amount. Blotting takes care of it)
Really, my only issue with it is the packaging--the tube is weird and squirty, so I repurposed the otherwise useless pump from my CG Stay Fabulous (cleaned out very well mind you!) and it works very well.
Overall, definitely a long term replacement for colourstay. For the price and colour especially, I just can't resist!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

You guys, this stuff is so good! I should have known all these good reviews were on to something. This makeup is really a lovely texture and wears so beautifully on the skin. And omg, I love that it's so cheap. Actually, I think it's hilarious that out of all my foundations, including expensive ones I've tried like NARS and Laura Mercier, a 4 dollar Wet N Wild foundation is the standout. Seriously?? (I laugh so I don't cry when I think about all the money I've wasted over the years, sigh.)

I love the finish of this, and the texture, and it doesn't make me break out. I'm between shades a little bit (and the shades could have a better range, I admit) but I just bought two shades and mix the two together (the two lightest, 815 Fair is a little too pale and the next shade up is a hair too dark, although I can get away with it). The coverage is really very good, but not masky or one-dimensional. It doesn't cling to dry patches (which is my usual issue) and it doesn't get greasy or cakey at the end of the day. I use a primer with it but actually don't need to if I don't have time or forget. I apply with my fingers, and blend it and then pat it in.

Actually, something I tried with this that I love is mixing a little liquid illuminator with it to lighten it up even more if I have a good skin day. I mix the lightest 815 shade with a bronzier, liquid illuminator (Josie Maran's) and that makes it look more luminous and a better shade match, for anyone else who is pale but finds 815 a little too chalky or cool-toned. I hope this helps!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by d3pthofdarkn3ss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot say enough about this foundation. I LOVE IT. I have relatively good skin, very few blemishes, but a LOT of freckles. This foundation covered my few zits and most of my freckles, without looking mask-like. It says it is a full coverage foundation, but I would say more light-medium with buildable coverage. The wear time is so-so. I wore it with primer, set with powder, and I got about 5 hours of good wear with it. I touched it up at work and it lasted throughout the day. I tried it again, with primer, and used a little mineral foundation over it, and WOWZA, it looked great and wore all day (10+ hours) with no touch up. I have mildly sensitive skin and this did not break me out (after about 4 days of wearing).
Overall, I will definitely be purchasing this again. The price is fabulous and it worked really well for me. I did not like the packaging that much, because when you take the lid off, sometimes the foundation will come out quickly. I dropped some on the floor, which made a mess, but wasn’t that heart breaking since I only paid $4 for the tube. Great purchase, will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by lyssiekimi

I JUST bought this product from CVS for 4.29, including tax, which is not bad at all considering that most foundations are seven dollars and up. I removed all of my makeup and put this on. My shade is 818 and it's a pretty good match for my slightly tanned Asian skin. And wow! This is great! This goes on like a bb cream and doesn't dry too quickly so I can take my time to work with it. My skin is combination oily, and this foundation finished semi-matte. I personally like the dewy look so I just pat some moisturizer over the foundation and it looks so naturally beautiful! I will update soon:)

UPDATE

Okay, so it's been about a month since I've had this and I still love it. It can act as a sheer tint but if you put on more, it is really a full coverage foundation! I find it's a little light, but it's nothing bronzer can't fix. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Kianaa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

When i saw this i wanted to give it a try since i use a lot of this lines products. For the first week it was wonderful, it went on smoothly. It did not itch my skin as some foundations can. And it seemed to stay put for about 6 hours..which i had to touch up. But going into the second week i noticed whiteheads..oh no, also it became very muddy looking on my skin..even tho i am in my mid 50's my skin is still a little oily(which is a good thing according to my dermatologist, something about keeping the wrinkles at bay)...so stopped using the foundation..breakouts are all gone and my skin is back to normal...went back to my old foundation(Covergirl outlast)which actually lasts all day for me. This was not a foundation for my skin(combo)type. But hey you gotta try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by PunkyBrewster444

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Hello fellow makeup lovers! This is my first but not last review. I am 42 years old, I have normal skin in summer and combo to dry skin in winter. I am a Cosmetologist, now a Nursing Assistant. I have tried and wasted a ton of money on products of all kinds. When I was in my teens up to my early 30's, my skincare line consisted of Proactive. The best IMHO for me. Now besides the occassional monthly pimple, or eating too much peanut butter, or chocolate, my new problem is a little dry in winter as i said. Combo in T-zone. I am a budget buyer however I splurge once in a while, despite my husbands opinion.(Love U sweetheart). I have tried everything for foundations. The best for a woman who works hard and sweats running around, working as a float in a hospital,stayproof foudation that does not run, smudge, or looks cakey is the Wet N Wild CoverAll cream foundation! I know, what? A $3.00 foundation?! YES! My color now is 818, light/medium. AWESOME! It gives a great coverage,even under my dark circle area underneath my eyes! The coverage looks nlike an airbrush application,it is creamy, not really a smell to it. I am speaking from my heart and compliments from many nurses,doctors,patients,people at stores. It doesn't break me out at all. My husband even tells me,"wow you look absolutely beautiful"! Who doesn't want to hear these compliments? This foundation is better than the Mk matte foundation, that runs off your face,imho. You don't even need to use a powder, but I do and I will tell you ladies, you have nothing to loose. Give it a try, save your receipt..if you don't LOVE this product, bring it back. I have been using it for 4 months..LOVE IT! Give it a try, you will love it I will do other reviews about primer, powder,concealer,ect.! Good Luck, hope to see other reviews after this post! Enjoy! R ; )

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by MilenaBR

Even after reading and watching a lot of good reviews for this product on the internet, I was a little skeptical. Well, it's all true. The texture is very creamy, light and velvety. The finish is beautiful, slightly satin and very natural. It easily lasts all day for me (on a normal, not too hot and humid day. I'm yet to see how it performs in the Summer). It's not drying for my 41 year old maturing skin, nor it accentuates my fine lines. I don't know how it would hold on the oily t-zone I get in the Summer. Guess I'll have to update you on that when it's time.
This foundation is so easy to blend, you can chose your hands, a dense stippling brush, a beauty blender, any of those will work.
Now, I wouldn't say this is a full coverage foundation, but a solid medium. I don't build it, I can never make it not-cakey when I try to build up foundations.
For your reference, I'm NC30ish and I got the shade Medium/Tan, which is a tad bit too dark, but totally workable. It' definitely has yellow undertone, which is good. It didn't oxidize on me. It din't break me out. It doesn't smell of anything. It comes in a squeazy tube, which is not great but is alright. I can't really say anything bad about it. It's the perfect everyday foundation. I recommend you try it!
Yes, I will gladly repurchase it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMeggs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing!! I've used tons of foundations and when I ran out I needed something cheaper than my go-to so I bought this at Walgreens for $4 on a whim and WOW. I will definitely be buying again, coverage is medium to full and I have super oily skin but this lasts all day!! LOVE IT!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by 1alexa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. I wouldn't say it is comparable to high end like many reviewers have said. The price is CHEAP which is nice, but sometimes you do get what you pay for. The color selection is not good. It is either very pink or very yellow. I have fair skin but with more of a yellow undertone so I chose I believe the nude color. It oxidized a lot so I looked yellow orange and my mom even commented on this that it was too yellow. As far as the texture that was nice and the coverage was not bad. I did not break out either. I had this particular foundation with me when I went on a recent vacation and in the pics I looked ok but a tad orange. So maybe if I tried a different color it might work better for me but i just didn't want to waste my time. I can see this product being amazing for some if they find a color match because the price is so cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can literally claim that I have used hundreds of brands of foundation. My skin is oily and almost NC30/35 but not as yellow. I have some olive in my skin and the best match of color is usually in the tan area. I bought this in Medium Tan for $2 from Rite Aid. The shade looked darker in the tube. When I bought it, I did not have high hopes. I tried it on my primer and loved it. The coverage is buildable. I have also used this without the primer and despite my skin oiliness, I have been happy as to its staying power. The shade of Medium Tan is so complimentary that I have never been able to find it in another brand. The texture is beautiful and soft. It does not get into the pores or fine lines and make them larger or exaggerated. Totally recommend this to all!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No