August 28, 2014 | 1130 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall Cream Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by StretchyElephant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My thoughts mirror missmanic's...this is hands-down one of (if not the absolute) BEST drugstore foundations I've ever used. This has quickly become my everyday foundation. I have the shade 815 which is PERFECT for my neutral-fair skintone (seriously, this foundation doesn't run too orange or too blue at all!) I have oily skin and sandwich this foundation between primer and translucent powder, and while the oil does break through eventually, the makeup doesn't disintegrate and slide off of my face like most cream foundations do. I kind of just get dewy. It might not be the longest-wearing foundation (though it does hold up well in the Florida heat and humidity), but it wears so beautifully and naturally for a med-to-full coverage (drugstore!!) foundation that I don't see the wear time as a disappointment in the least. One note about the packaging : while I love the convenient and sanitary squeeze tube, I find that it's very easy to squeeze out A LOT, and if I don't keep the tube cap-up the foundation will bubble out when I open it. A little wasteful if you're not careful, but certainly still completely worth the <$4 it costs to try this amazing product! Definitely repurchasing.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a DS gem. I have extremely fair skin. Finding face products pale enough for me is usually a struggle. 815 (the lightest shade available) matches my skin better than my high end foundations/bb creams/tinted moisturizers. My mom kept commenting on how "natural" it looked on my skin and how it didn't have any yellow/beige/orangey tones that can make my skin look off. I wore this over MAC Prep & Prime SPF 50 (the old version) and set it with Blot Powder.

I'm extremely oily, and while my oil *did* break through, it was nothing excessive or quicker/more so than usual. It was horribly humid and hot on the day I decided to wear this, and I was surprised how great my skin still looked at the end of my day. I only noticed some very slight cracking/build up where my "frown lines" are constantly moving between my eyebrows.

My skin isn't terrible, but I do have some active acne and discoloration from old marks. This evened out my skin tone without being mask like or looking like I was wearing heavy foundation. I have very dark under eye circles, and I still needed my usual concealer, but that is expected with any face product I use.

For less than $4 at Harmon, this is an amazing steal. If you're fair skinned and find this too dark for you, make sure you are picking up 815, and not the 2 shades above it. Some stores don't have the entire range of shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by AidaE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not a bad product at all, especially for the 3.99 price tag. The medium shade matched my skin tone quite nicely and the creamy texture didn't overly emphasize my dry spots. It didn't irritate my sensitive skin nor did it clog my pores and cause breakouts. It does have a slight chemically smell which really didn't bother me too much. When I first tried this foundation I loved it because of the consistency and price. However, when I really needed it to COVER ALL, it sort of let me down. I have eczema and tend to get redness in some areas and this product didn't do the trick in concealing the redness. I also find that you have to work with it really fast so that it blends evenly. It also feels a bit sticky and heavy on the skin. I tried using it as a concealer by dotting it a bit more heavily on small spots and that tends to do the trick. I feel as though the product isn't as pigmented. But, as a foundation to throw in my purse for occasional touch ups, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by miniequalcrzy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because for some reason the packaging looked so pretty to me and it was like 3 or 4 bucks and that was really exciting to me for some reason :/

It does work well and it lasts longer than the horrible photo ready mousse garbage from revlon-huge waste of money for me :( so depressing....but anyways back to this product, I think the coverage is quite good but not full coverage it's more like a medium and I can't really build it up either :( so for that reason I kind of dont like it but I still love the consistency and i can always just add some concealer and powder for extra coverage anyways

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the shade in medium which surprisingly matched my skin well. I rarely have luck with limited color choices. It comes in a squeeze tube with a cap which I had to be careful as a lot came out the first time I used it. Now I make sure to squeeze gently and a nickel sized amount was good enough for my whole face. It dries quickly and blends well without being streaky, though it can exaggerate dry areas. I can see this being perfect for those with oily skin. It doesn't feel cakey or feel like I am wearing foundation which is a plus. It also had great staying power for me and my face gets pretty oily during the summer. I still like Covergirl's 3-in-1 slightly better, but this is my backup when I run out of that one. It controls shine for me, so need for me to buy a powder to curb any oiliness. I am very impressed and payed less than four bucks for this which is way cheaper than my Covergirl foundation. Worth a shot in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this, when I discovered them at my local grocery store, I bought two. My shade is the next to the lightest, and it happens to be a perfect match! It does not go orange or oxidize. I like it much better than Colorstay, it seems to last as long and mattify, but without the awful mask-like feeling. Yes, the tube is annoying, so I store it with the cap up. You squeeze a little, and it just keeps coming. I use my ELF stippling brush, and just lightly touch the end of the tube. A tiny drop is plenty for your whole face. It looks natural, lasts all day, and I still feel like my skin can breathe through it. What more could you want? Oh yeah, it's dirt cheap. My new favorite, and I will repurchase again and again.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I feel compelled to give Coverall a score of five, because it's really better than a four.

I'm something of a makeup snob, so I rarely buy drugstore cosmetics, but Coverall got such good reviews, and costs so little that I figured I had little to lose.

I am 48 years old, and have *extremely * oily skin, with some fairly light acne scarring. Therefore, I do need moderate coverage, but I don’t like a heavy look or feel.

To my pleased surprise, Coverall suits my needs very well. The lightest shade, Fair, is a nearly perfect match for my NW15 skin. For some reason, this seems to be the scarcest shade; the lightest offered on EBay was the next shade up,Fair/Light, which was too dark and orange-ish for me.

Fortunately, the local Walgreens had my shade. The packaging is no-frills, and the product does tend to gush out of the container, but I can live with that.

Applied with a damp Beauty Blender, over Hourglass Mineral Veil primer, Coverall blends easily into my skin with a seamless look. To maximize coverage, I stipple the foundation by “bouncing” my Beauty Blender on my face. Applied in this way, Coverall does an excellent job of blurring my skin’s various imperfections, though I still use a few dabs of concealer here and there. Unless you look *very* closely, it's not possible to tell that I'm even wearing foundation, and I LOVE that! Coverall also resists the greasies admirably.

I finish with translucent powder, and even my oil-slick face looks smooth, even-toned, and reasonably matte for at least a few hours.

Coverall is inexpensive (< $5), high-performing, and is made by a cruelty-free company. It’s not my “dream” foundation, but it’s pretty darned close! I’ll keep buying this as long as it’s available.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by leahraqs

Pretty good!!! the packaging kinda sucks though only because it comes out quickly and is quite messy lol. But suprisingly the color almost matches my shade, being that i have an olive skin tone its hard to find a decent match but this ones actually pretty good!!! the coverage is ok too, another bargain buy!!! definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Tdiamond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this foundation! I have been looking for HG status for a while now I've tried it all! I usually prefer cream compacts especially in the winter but gave this a try based on reviews here. I am very fair and found the fairest shade to work but the selection isn't great and it tends to run dark. I love the creamy texture and the coverage is amazing! It covers everything! I would not think those with dry skin would like the matte finish of this product. I do caution you about the tube tons of product comes out and you only need a tiny amount so beware. Typically I stay away from WnW face products but this one is a winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by sierrab2010

I am in awe of how much I truly love this foundation. I was excited to purchase it after reading all of the rave reviews on MUA. Let me tell you, I am not disappointed. The color range leaves a lot to be desired, however, if you find your match you'll never need another full coverage foundation again. The finish is matte and it fills in pores and makes skin look NATURALLY flawless. It doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup, yet my face looks perfect. It covers imperfections so well that 90% of the time I don't even need any concealer after I apply it. I say this as a woman who has a few deep, embarrassing acne scars on her cheeks. THINK ABOUT IT. I have a deep rooted fear that this may get discontinued and if it does I will sob and plead with WnW. At about $4, and its an absolute gem.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No