December 21, 2014 | 1724 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm always looking for great lip balms. There are so many on the market now with so many claims that I get confused, so it's nice when a friend gifts you one to try out! I try to avoid petroleum based products just because they are more sealers than moisturizers imo. Although this one has petrolatum as the first ingredient it the product is bolstered with glycerin and seed oils which is nice. I have the Raspberry Rose Kiss which smells good, not overpowering. I will keep this in my night stand for application before bedtime. I don't like sticking my fingers into creams (germs) so using this before bedtime when my hands are clean is the perfect time. Will I purchase again? No. Too many other balms to try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

So this review is spicifically for the raspberry kiSs lip butter. This is the only one I have tried, in addition to the plain nivea lip butter, which came out long ago. For starters, I really like that the packaging of the lip butter because it is not bulky at all. Its super easy to throw in your makeup bag or purse and it won't take up a lot of space. I like that its totally flat, and I can throw it in my pocket too, without it looking bulky. After reading some of the reviews on here, many ended up not liking the packaging (or the little pot) like I do, because you have to use your finger to apply it. That doesn't really bother me much. Also, The formula of these lip butters not as thick as I thought it would be when I bought it. Don't get me wrong its is thicker than a regular lip balm but when you get it on your finger and put it on your lips, it ends up warming up a bit and thins out so it doesn't feel thick unless you apply it with several layers. It also has a pretty good lasting time. I can get almost two hours of wear time out of them before I really notice that its gone. However, once it does fade off your lips, it still draws in moisture and keeps your lips hydrated and smoothe. I love that I dont have to apply this ever half hour, unlike other lip balms. This nivea line comes in 5 amazing flavors, and each has a very slight tint of color. My raspberry had a slight pink/red tint, but didnt really show up as it turns up clear when you lather it on your lips. I think its cute that they have a tint of color, however it made it impossible to get my husband to try it. I even applied this right in front of him so he could see that it glides on clear- still a no go. I think some of the flavors should be made appealing to men, because they want their lips soft and hydrated too!
As far as where you can get these. I got mine a Wal Mart, however you can get them at any drugstore or big box store for abour $3.50, a little bit pricey for a lip balm... however, worth every single penny. Give it a try, with the variety of flavors- you are bound to find something you like.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by whitecatdisguised

I have the Vanilla & Macadamia... and omg. OMG. O.M.G THIS smell is REALLY similar to COOKIES! Very delicious.
Moisturises well, and yes I understand, it IS like a standard lip balm, but in a tin packaging. Which I'm not a fan of digging my finger in there and rubbing it on my lips. But I don't mind it. The smell really caught me.

I use this at night and it moisturises my lips the next day. Pretty pricey in Australia, about $6. But I didn't mind.
Smells awesome, works great!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2013 6:52:00 AM More reviews by st3f4n42srb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Way overhyped on youtube. I have the one in vanilla and macadamia & I don't get what's so great about it. It's just a standard lip balm... Everyone goes on about how amazing it smells, but it just smells like cocoa butter.. Nothing revolutionary. It's not extremely moisturising either and just sits on the lips, feeling heavy. It's okay when I wear it under my lipstick, but alone I can't stand that heavy feeling on my lips & I have to wipe it off.
Not crazy about the packaging either.
So overall, this product is just "meh". I'd definitely pass on it.

Edit: I've realised this also makes my lips peel every time I wear it. Sigh...
Edit #2: Used it yesterday and it made my lips so dry that they bled. They're still peeling and bleeding today, so I'm using a lip balm that actually works. I don't have dry lips btw, so just note that.

I need to throw this out =\

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by ajewelofgod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lip butter. I have it in Raspberry Rose and the scent smell so good. I would love it better if it taste just as good as it smell. I recommend this lip butter.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by melllm

Purchased in the original and vanilla/macadamia. Both have the same consistency - creamy but not too soft. Original doesn't have a scent and the vanilla/macadamia smells amazing. Reminds me of fresh baked cookies! I like how these feel on the lips though the staying power is not great (as with most balms) but I don't mind reapplying. Can leave a milky cast on the lips especially if your lips are super pigmented. I personally like the look and feel like it would work well over lipstick to tone down bold colors. Moisturizing enough for daily use but not as an intensive lip treatment. I would like to purchase the other two in the product line but can't seem to get my hands on them!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by wholetthecatsout

I wish I could eat it- that's how good it smells!

I purchessed this in the scent Raspberry Rose Kiss. I love the scent, and I want to find the other two and buy them.
I only use this at night, though. I have to basically scoop it out with my finger then put it on my lips. Otherwise it wears off in thirty minutes or so.
And because I have to put so much on my lips turn a nude/white. ;/

Nevertheless, It's still a nice product, and I'll probably be buying more.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by klskag02

Holy canoli.
I am a self proclaimed chapstick addict. Ive tried everything from EOS, Chapstick, Aquaphor, Rosebud Salve, etc... and nothing has made my lips happier than this little tin of magic.
I have all four of them, but I loooove the Macadamia Nut one. It literally makes my mouth water every time I put it on because it smells so delicious! They are all extremely smoothing and moisturizing. I use these as bases underneath lipsticks and it works like a charm. I also apply these before bed and wake up with smooth plump happy lips! :) I don't mind the pot packaging, and they can leave a slight white cast if you apply too much. But thats an easy fix. Definitely try it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by dianaisabel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought the macadamia one which smells really great. The pros to this is that its very easy to apply but may be unsanitary since you stick your fingers in there every time you want some. Anywho the con with this lip butter is when i apply it my lips look white! I know the raspberry one is pinky in the jar so i am going to purcase that one

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by vesperholly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought Raspberry Rose. It has a sickeningly strong chemical candy scent that doesn't fade. It's like I'm rubbing melted Skittles on my lips.

The consistency is fine, a bit on the thin side but I prefer that in balms. Wear time is below average, and it isn't very moisturizing. The tin is slender, so it's great for sticking in a smaller purse/clutch or even your pocket (unlike, say, eos balms). But that isn't enough to overcome the shoddy product and terrible smell. Returned it.