November 27, 2014 | 1549 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by melllm

Purchased in the original and vanilla/macadamia. Both have the same consistency - creamy but not too soft. Original doesn't have a scent and the vanilla/macadamia smells amazing. Reminds me of fresh baked cookies! I like how these feel on the lips though the staying power is not great (as with most balms) but I don't mind reapplying. Can leave a milky cast on the lips especially if your lips are super pigmented. I personally like the look and feel like it would work well over lipstick to tone down bold colors. Moisturizing enough for daily use but not as an intensive lip treatment. I would like to purchase the other two in the product line but can't seem to get my hands on them!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by wholetthecatsout

I wish I could eat it- that's how good it smells!

I purchessed this in the scent Raspberry Rose Kiss. I love the scent, and I want to find the other two and buy them.
I only use this at night, though. I have to basically scoop it out with my finger then put it on my lips. Otherwise it wears off in thirty minutes or so.
And because I have to put so much on my lips turn a nude/white. ;/

Nevertheless, It's still a nice product, and I'll probably be buying more.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by klskag02

Holy canoli.
I am a self proclaimed chapstick addict. Ive tried everything from EOS, Chapstick, Aquaphor, Rosebud Salve, etc... and nothing has made my lips happier than this little tin of magic.
I have all four of them, but I loooove the Macadamia Nut one. It literally makes my mouth water every time I put it on because it smells so delicious! They are all extremely smoothing and moisturizing. I use these as bases underneath lipsticks and it works like a charm. I also apply these before bed and wake up with smooth plump happy lips! :) I don't mind the pot packaging, and they can leave a slight white cast if you apply too much. But thats an easy fix. Definitely try it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by dianaisabel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought the macadamia one which smells really great. The pros to this is that its very easy to apply but may be unsanitary since you stick your fingers in there every time you want some. Anywho the con with this lip butter is when i apply it my lips look white! I know the raspberry one is pinky in the jar so i am going to purcase that one

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by vesperholly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought Raspberry Rose. It has a sickeningly strong chemical candy scent that doesn't fade. It's like I'm rubbing melted Skittles on my lips.

The consistency is fine, a bit on the thin side but I prefer that in balms. Wear time is below average, and it isn't very moisturizing. The tin is slender, so it's great for sticking in a smaller purse/clutch or even your pocket (unlike, say, eos balms). But that isn't enough to overcome the shoddy product and terrible smell. Returned it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by ylingsbling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Sticky and wet. Never penetrates inside the lips. And is in a tin so I use my finger to apply? Waste of money, I have lipsticks that are more moisturizing than this lip balm. Bad stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by sincle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are so good. Literally my favorite lip balms, and I have a slight obsession with lip balms. They provide moisture, last for hours, and smell heavenly. It's a very thick cream, not waxy at all, not oily at all, the perfect balance of the two. They make your lips baby soft and give you a nice, smooth base for lipstick. They're affordable. I don't mind the tin, which some can find unhygienic, but give it a go yourself before judging.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by msaunderscam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Still not sure how I feel about these, even after having all of the scented ones for a month, and multiples at that (I literally have 4 of the raspberry, the scent is addictive!). I don't mind the tin at all, and I love the scents of the products. I love how they glide on my lips and how the product itself feels soft and luxurious, and I do feel like it softens my lips and whatever flake issues I'm having on them, but if I put it on at night, I still wake up with dry lips. I'm not sure if I'll ever find anything that stays on overnight, even vaseline is off by the time I wake up! However, when I wake up after using it during sleep, the dry flakes are much softer and kind of.. peel straight off, like lash glue almost. Overall, I think I like them, and they do help some, but I am still looking for a HG product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by gmd854

I have the Macadamia and Vanilla lip butter. I love this product! At first I was doubtful because it smelled a little off, but I'm not sure what it was because it got better. The packaging is so cute. It is a little pricey, but I would totally recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

I'm surprised by all of the negative reviews on this product!
Well, I love it. I purchased one in raspberry flavor and it's wonderful. It does give a slight tint to the lips and I actually enjoy it since it works as a primer for my lips before applying a baby pink lipgloss or a nude lipstick.
I will definitely buy more of them in the future.