December 19, 2014 | 1486 users online

BB Cream - Revlon - Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is definitely one of the better US drugstore BB Creams, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to be a Holy Grail product for someone with oily skin. My skin is oily but due to the cold winter weather, is slightly dehydrated, so I'm really enjoying this product this winter. When the humid summer rolls back around however, I don't think it'll get as much love from me as it currently is.
First of all shade match - I was very worried that the lightest shade would be too dark for me, as that has been the case with a few BB Creams I've tried in the past (Garnier & Dr.Jart WaterFuse for example) but to my delight the lightest shade is an ideal match for my very pale, neutral leaning warm undertoned skin (I'd be somewhere between shades N10 and NC15 if I wore MAC)
Next onto the price & packaging - I do feel that it's a tad on the pricey side for "drugstore", but Revlon is one of the more expensive drugstore brands in general, and their foundations are typically more expensive than any of the others.
I paid just under $11 USD at my local Walgreens. &The packaging, it's so sleek, I really like it! A silver tube with a flat black cap.
The product itself is SO soft! I wanted to rub it all over my hands so I would quit touching my face! I still can't believe how soft this stuff makes my face feel :) I also have very acne/clog-prone skin &was quite worried I may end up with a break out from this. Usually anything that feels nice, soft, and silky (like this) ends up giving me a mountain of clogged pores or a straight up acne flare up. So I patch tested this product on my forehead for almost 2 weeks before I built up the nerve to use it all over my face (I'm a wuss, I know lol) &Now I'm disappointed that I didn't try it sooner! I'm that impressed.
Like said above, my skin is oily, but I use a few BHA & AHA treatments a week which tend to dry out my skin ever so slightly, especially during the winter. When my skin is feeling especially dry(dehydrated), I apply this and any dry patches or flakes are gone. With that being said I do typically need to blot after 5-6 hours of wear. Which isn't terrible (it's not like, sliding off my face or anything like that, just a little extra oily, specifically in my Tzone area) -but an oily Tzone isn't something that is typical for me this time of year. Blotting is usually something that I only need to do during the summer/warmer months so that is why I'm thinking that when the humid Pennsylvania summer comes back around I won't be able to wear it very long at all without having to blot, which will in turn most likely turn me away from it in general.. BUT, that's totally OK because I really needed something lightweight & moisturizing for winter. It makes me crazy when foundations or TM's enhance any dry patches (even if my dry patches are self-inflicted from dehydrating my skin with AHA/BHA) But knowing that I can rely on this to diminish those dry areas that I have from time to time is refreshing to know.
It is a very light coverage product which is ideal for daily wear since at this time I only have some minor discoloration to hide. For days when I need a more polished look(medium-to-full coverage) I can layer this with another light-medium coverage product to get that effect (I've already used Clinique Perfectly Real Powder Foundation & Maybelline PureStay Powder Foundation over this.) Both successfully creating full coverage for me.
Overall I'm quite pleased and plan to continue use for as long as I can, or as long as my oily skin will allow without getting "messy" oily ;) I've been highly recommending this left and right, especially to those with dry or dehydrated skin.
In my personal opinion, PhotoReady BB Cream is definitely a hit from Revlon and I do plan to repurchase, even if I'm only able to use it during winter, it's nice to know that I have around for that purpose :)

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by kennaem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just got this a few days ago in light medium. So far I love it! I don't have trouble with my skin, so this is perfect for me. It matches me perfectly! Totally recommend it to anyone!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this BB cream as in general I've had good experiences with Revlon foundations. I purchased the fairest shade possible in 'light' and it was too dark and orange for my complexion. For reference I wear MAC NC15 and in a variety of Revlon foundations I wear Buff, Ivory, or Vanilla. I'm disappointed that Revlon would exclude the fair from being able to wear their latest new release.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by bethb216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have better than average skin. (NC40) It's usually pretty even toned and blemish free on it's own, so I never use liquid foundation, or anything heavier than a powder. My daily routine is just moisturizer, under eye brightener/concealer, and then a quick buff of powder, bright pink blush, and a neutral/champagne eye color & mascara, finished with a lip gloss and I'm done.

However, since having my son, 3 months ago, I've noticed my skin acting up a bit. It's beginning to show a little redness around my nose and chin and I'm getting a few blemishes here and there. I still did not want full coverage foundation, because I hate the cakey feeling and the oxidation that almost always occurs on me with that type of product. Because USA BB creams are really just a tinted moisturizer, I figured I'd try that, since I already use a moisturizer, it's not adding a step.

I bought this today after reading reviews on several other "BB" products. (Maybelline, Rimmell, Physician's Formula, Cover Girl.) Revlon's had the best ratings at 4 lippies, when the others were between 3 and 3.5. (Maybelline had the second highest rating at 3.5, and the price was half of what Revlon's was, so I'll try that next) I am a fan of most Revlon products, so that tipped me over the edge, (I love their super lustrous gloss and lipsticks, as well as their color burst glosses.)

It's alright. It gives me the light coverage I want, with the lightness and non cakeyness I need. It also has a dewey, fresh finish, which I like, so long as it doesn't look oily shortly after. I hate the smell, though. It smells like Coppertone sunscreen. When I wear sunscreen at the beach, I like the Hawaiian Tropic cocanutty smell. Not the chemically Coppetone scent. I have had it on for about half an hour now, and it still smells. It cost $10.99 at Ulta, which I thought was a little expensive, I think it was actually the most expensive out of all of the brands I looked at, but like I said, I really like Revlon lip products, so I figured I'd try it first- the Maybelline cost only $5.99, and might have had a little more product in it as well. I like the packaging- a silver, flat tube with a black cap. It's easy to squeeze out the product and recap, and it takes up very little room in my makeup bag. I dot this on with my fingers and then buff into my skin using a flat head brush, it melts into my skin easily.

One thing I feel I should definitely mention, is that, in my opinion, the shades run dark. There are 3 shades available; Light, Light/Medium, and Medium. Like I said earlier, I am an NC40, so my shade is usually Light/Medium to Medium, depending on the product and the time of year. With this, I am a LIGHT. Thank God I swatched this on my hand before purchasing, because the Light/Medium was really dark! I would have had a definite makeup line on my jawline/collar area regardless of how well I blended, and that just looks trashtastic.

Pros:

Light coverage
Not cakey or heavy
Blends into skin easily, with fingers or a brush

Cons:

the scent!!!
the price is high compared to other BB creams
shades run dark (and there are only 3 to choose from)

I rate this 3 lippies, If it smelled better, or not at all, and wasn't so expensive I'd give it a 5 despite the lack of colors to choose from (as the light fits my needs just fine.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this product. I love the Revlon PhotoReady line, but just as with all the other American drugstore brands, this is little more than a tinted moisturizer incorrectly labeled as a BB cream. This product just doesn't perform as a true BB cream. Contrary to the packaging, I did not notice any priming capabilities or particularly good coverage (I would call it light). As a tinted moisturizer, however, it is pretty nice, thus the "4" rating. Fairly thick creamy consistency, SPF 30, sheer coverage, and a slightly dewy finish. II do like this, but it isn't a true BB cream. Packaging is sleek and pretty - a flat silver tube with black cap and the PhotoReady logo, and the price isn't bad. However, I am sick of American drugstore brands trying to palm off tinted moisturizers labeled as BB creams (L'Oreal Youth Code, Garnier, etc.) I won't repurchase this unless I need another tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by shelbydoesbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I generally like this product. I've been very against American bb creams since they first came out, they were all awful tinted moisturizers marketed as bb creams and it irritated me that they were using this marketing ploy. I've been using Korean bb creams for about two years now and it has been a staple product for me.

I set up the display for this Revlon bb cream in the store I work at, I tried out the tester and liked the consistency of it and figured "what the heck, I'll try it."

It has a thicker formula than Maybelline and is relatively lighter in color and less orangey than Garnier. I like that it has 30 SPF as opposed to 15. It starts off thick and then blends pretty well, it does leave an oily finish so it's best to set it.

I don't think that this product is as good as my Skin79 Pink Label, the Skin79 is by far superior. But if you are comparing it to the other American bb creams on the market, this is a win.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by stellay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this BB cream as my base. I've been pleasantly surprised by its finish, wear, and coverage. I have not used any concealer besides a small amount under my eyes. This product provides wonderful everyday coverage, and I would recommend this to anyone who appreciates and/or needs more moisture especially during the dryer months. I will likely not opt for this product as much during the Summer or more humid times as my skin needs less moisture then. I've had to blot out some oil on my t-zone, but all in all, I enjoy this product and think it's much better than the ones I've tried from Garnier, Dr. Jart, Clinique, and Boscia. I'm also glad this product has SPF 30 as I find it nonsensical for companies to make products with a sunscreen factor with anything less.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Jessibean

I've been using this for a few days now and so far I really like it. The shade selection is great for us pale-skinned gals (Most BB creams only have a light/medium or medium/dark) so I really appreciate that. The formula is thicker than most BB creams and I like that it has SPF. It is a bit "dewy", so those with dry skin will love it, but I have combination/oily skim so I do set it with powder. I do notice that after maybe 8 hours it starts to look kind of gross up close, so if I'm out and about all day I wash it off and use a heavier coverage foundation to go out at night. Not a big deal, I would probably do that anyways.

A reviewer said that it smells like sunscreen but I honestly can't smell anything at all, and I'm allergic to fragrances. So the fact that it hasn't broken me out makes me think that it doesn't really have any (maybe an earlier formula did?).

overall it has become my go-to everyday 'foundation' and I'm quite pleased :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by weegee56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I thought it would provide better cover than most BB creams and it does. I have dry skin and have no problems with this feeling too greasy. I have not noticed an odor. It goes on smooth and feels light but gives me the coverage I want. I just use bit of powder on my nose and I'm good to go!

13 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so excited when I tried this in store as it is thicker than regular drugstore BB creams, spf 30 and leans towards yellow in tone. I bought both medium and deep so I could custom make my perfect skin tone. It did a good job of covering my redness. It's on the expensive side of BB cream in drugstores. It was around $14 (CAD) in walmart. I felt it did a good job of moisturizing my skin. It really is not for oily skin. I have dry skin so this was great for me. It leaves you with a dewy finish and doesn't dry out your skin. There are a few problems I found with this product which is why I give it the rating I did. It smells like sunscreen. I can smell it even when I have finished applying on my face. It lingered for a few hours. I find that odd since it is only spf 30 and it smells like an spf 50+. The BB cream is called 'Photo Ready'. It has a high spf and has a dewy finish. It is in no way 'photo ready'. My face looks like 10x lighter than my body when taking a picture with this on. Too much reflection from the sunscreen and shine. Lastly, I am also acne prone and this broke me out. I would keep this if I didn't break out from it.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No