Revlon Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

3.1

on 3/14/2013 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this goes on smoothly and the color "light" is really looking good- matching & brightening without glitter or shimmer. then i lean into the mirror cause something looks odd- and it's the most horrific display of sinking into acne scars and pores ever! i have never seen anything so heinous on my face. and its kinda shiny too, btw. tried it again next day with different base products below and same craptastic results.
and really, the only claim this can lay to bb status is some spf and moisturizing. there are no treatment ingredients like antioxidents or peptides. this is more like a tm for someone with nearly flaw-free skin.

on 3/13/2013 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I picked up my Revlon BB cream at my local CVS and it was a little more expensive then my Maybelline BB cream. $10.99 here. So that was a bit annoying, but none the less I bought it. First off, the consistency of the cream was thick and it wasn't runny, almost like paint. But when I put it on my face and smoothed it out, it was beautiful! The 010 light shade fits me perfectly! It moisturized very well around my nose, and gave me a light dewy finish. Sense I have pretty good skin, two light layers gave me perfect coverage. It did even out my skin tone, but I wouldn't recommend if you're trying to cover blemishes. I like it, and I will buy again when I have some coupons!

on 3/9/2013 2:35:00 PM

I really like this. I Love that it has spf 30. The colour light matches my skin tone and I feel I get a good coverage.
This can makes my face feel greasy because of the spf of course. But with some powder its ok.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am rather indifferent about bb creams in general, but I wanted something lightweight for the summer and I picked this up at Wally mart. I used maybelline last summer but always felt like it was way too sheer and did nothing for my skin. My skin has always been even except for some redness around the nose and the maybelline bb cream couldn't even cover it up and barely lasted through the day without a coat of powder which defeats the whole purpose.

I like this one because it gives my dry skin a beautiful glow, has SPF, doesn't look grey or ashy like my skin79 hot pink, and doesn't emphasize the flakes on my nose and around my mouth. Good even coverage like a light foundation but feels creamy not heavy. I picked up light medium and it will work once my faux tan fades. For now a light wash of bronzer matches it to my nc30 skin. Will work flawlessly with my normal shade of nc25.

edit: I'm pretty sure this is what's drying out my nose and causing flakes. It looks absolutely beautiful on the skin for the first hour but I find it is not moisturizing enough to wear alone. Remember to always wear moisturizer underneath this.

on 3/8/2013 4:55:00 PM

Almost perfect EXCEPT it settles into every fine line :( still the best drugstore bb cream.

on 3/5/2013 11:13:00 AM

I have finally found a drugstore bb cream that makes me look amazing in one simple step. I am a male model and ive been trying to find the perfect makeup products that would make my skin look amazing but at the same time like there is nothing on it. As a male i feel like my face products need to be somewhat better than most females because i cant have my face looking like i have makeup on it. the goal is to look naturally perfect and this does just that. A lot of people keep saying it makes them look oily, but i actually find with a simple mattifying primer, or a light dusting of finishing powder keeps this looking semi matte and perfect on me all day. doesn't feel like a mask, and protects skin amazingly with the high spf. No sparkles like the other photo ready products thank god. i am Edward Cullen pale and this matches my skin perfectly without making me look dead, or adding to much color.

on 3/2/2013 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I am so frustrated with these reviews! Many of these people clearly have not used an authentic/real BB cream from Asia. Real BB creams are thick and are not liquid-y like foundation. You do not use a brush to apply it, but your fingers, to get a smooth coverage - brushes will just give you a flaky, dry look. Now, on to the review...
I think I have finally found a good North American BB cream. The consistency is just right, nice and thick, but not super goopy-thick. It applies perfectly using my fingers. It smooths out, and provides a light coverage with one coat, and a light-medium coverage with 2 coats. I find that this BB cream works very well with moisturizing my face during the day. My skintone is around NC30 and the shade 'Medium' matches perfectly. I recomend this product to anyone who wants to try out a good BB cream. Now, only if the price wasn't so high in Canada...

Claims to:
- PROTECTS with SPF 30 like sunscreen

Does:
-Hydrate-->very well
-Smoothes-->pretty well
-Covers-->light coverage...between tinted moisturizer and a foundation
-Blurs Flaws-->barely (reason for 4/5 overall rating) Though I doubt most bb creams could do what this claims, you just need a bit of concealer most of the time.
-Protects--> don't doubt that their is sun screen in it since it has a slight smell of it.

on 2/25/2013 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I find it odd calling this a BB cream since its much thicker than my regular foundation. I use a liquid foundation, and this stuff is really thick, like medium to full coverage foundation. It's does blend a little easier than regular foundation, but isn't as seamless and bendable as other BB creams. I had actually tried Revlons regular Photoready foundation and hated it. I didnt find this to be too sparkly, but I'm still not completely sold on it..

on 2/25/2013 7:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So first off ill say this stuff is expensive! 17 dollars at walmart and 20 dollars in a drugstore! CND. The drugstore brands have been coming out with so many new products i had a huge list of what i wanted to try, this being one of them. I finally picked it up even though it was hard for me to buy it because of the price, but i did. This bb cream is thick and it applies nicely. It really evens everything out, as many people say that drugstore bb creams are more just like a tinted moisturizer. This one goes on with some coverage and its nice when u dont want to wear foundation, im the type of person that i love my foundations and i dont want to wear anything else but out of all of the drugstore bb creams ive tried i like this the best because of the coverage it provides. I will repurchase just because like i said i like the coverage and i like the lightweight feel to it and i forget im wearing anything.Its also very moisturizing for my skin plus it has sunscreen so its perfect for the summer. I dont know if anyone else has noticed but this stuff reminds me of the Hardcandy tinted moisturizer a lot! the texture, smell, and coverage and i really enjoyed it but sadly they had discontinued it. Anyways yes despite the price i would repurchase for the summer!