Revlon Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

3.1

on 3/26/2013 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Another product I decided to try in my search for an alternative for my foundation on my lazy days. And with BB/CC creams popping up everywhere, how could you not want to try one? Bought this in the Medium tone, out of their 3 shades.

The product has light coverage, so you do have to use a concealer if you have things you want to cover. It seems to stay on for at least a few hours as well. **THE ONLY THING that I do not like about this product is that it leaves you with a slightly shiny finish (for lack of better words), in comparison to regular foundation, that probably comes from the fact that this has SPF in it, so that is obviously a sacrifice you would have to make to use this. I fix this problem by applying a mineral powder over to get a little more matte since I have slightly oily skin. Using a regular setting powder should have the same effect.

BOTTOM LINE: I'm not usually a brand whore for make up but I have found that splurging for things like foundation & creams are worth it, but for a drugstore product, this isn't too bad. Unless I find one that applies a little better on my skin, I would most likely buy again and just keep using the mineral powder over it to matte it out a little.

on 3/21/2013 3:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

A wonderful bb cream! Its light weight, creamy, slightly thicker than others, and feels like im wearing no makeup. I applied with a stippling brush and used powder over to set it. It doesnt cover blemishes so you need to use concealer, but thats just a bb cream for you. Cant get over how soft my skin feels! Feels like skin with no makeup on. I will use this daily on days my skin looks too good to put on a full coverage fdnt. The shade matched perfectly. Unfortunately there is only three shades so its limited. :) will update in couple weeks!

Update: I am still in love with this bb cream! Its so amazing. My skin has become clearer in the past week or two(hormones) and love skipping full coverage fdnt and going lighter. Sometimes i apply concealer, but this is pretty good with covering redness. It has a satin/dewy finish and is very natural, light, and blendable.

on 3/21/2013 7:42:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Finally i found bb cream that work perfectly for me. After reading several review here, i decide to try it my own, i bought 020 light medium shade. It cover nicely but not perfect,well, it bb cream, it wont cover everything! But finishing make my skin look more healthy, which im very surprise, no break out (usually bb cream will causing break out). My only problem is the face will look a bit oily after apply, need to put on some powder so wont over shine!

I really wanted to like this product, after seeing positive reviews about it online. It has a relatively high SPF and is fragrance-free, which is awesome. I also like the opaque packaging and precise little tip that helps keep the product fresh. Alas, the texture and coverage didn't float my boat. It's very thick and creamy while at the same time, oddly, offers almost no coverage. I don't expect much coverage (prefer sheer to medium at most) but my skin still looked pretty bare once this was blended in. Also, it balled up and looked cakey on top of my daily moisturizer/SPF. Into the return pile it goes.

on 3/17/2013 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Bought this with a coupon and a rebate so the total price was $3.99 from CVS. It does even out my skin tone (got 010 Light Pale) and it does make my pores SEEM less noticeable. Does leave a slightly greasy residue on my skin but if its as moisturizing as it claims, then I'm ok with it. I bought it to wear on days where true foundation isn't needed, mostly so I can let my skin have a break and breathe. I'll update this review if anything changes. So far, nothing to really rave about. But for $3.99 -- I'm happy with the product!

This is just a little too oily for my combo skin. My T zone is oily especially my nose. And my cheeks are veiny. It doesn't conceal AT ALL. But the SPF is good. Also, it gives my face a real shiny look. Which I hated. But it's okay after I powder my face with the rimmel stay matte pressed powder which works wonder. Never buying this product again though.

on 3/14/2013 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this goes on smoothly and the color "light" is really looking good- matching & brightening without glitter or shimmer. then i lean into the mirror cause something looks odd- and it's the most horrific display of sinking into acne scars and pores ever! i have never seen anything so heinous on my face. and its kinda shiny too, btw. tried it again next day with different base products below and same craptastic results.
and really, the only claim this can lay to bb status is some spf and moisturizing. there are no treatment ingredients like antioxidents or peptides. this is more like a tm for someone with nearly flaw-free skin.

on 3/13/2013 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I picked up my Revlon BB cream at my local CVS and it was a little more expensive then my Maybelline BB cream. $10.99 here. So that was a bit annoying, but none the less I bought it. First off, the consistency of the cream was thick and it wasn't runny, almost like paint. But when I put it on my face and smoothed it out, it was beautiful! The 010 light shade fits me perfectly! It moisturized very well around my nose, and gave me a light dewy finish. Sense I have pretty good skin, two light layers gave me perfect coverage. It did even out my skin tone, but I wouldn't recommend if you're trying to cover blemishes. I like it, and I will buy again when I have some coupons!

on 3/9/2013 2:35:00 PM

I really like this. I Love that it has spf 30. The colour light matches my skin tone and I feel I get a good coverage.
This can makes my face feel greasy because of the spf of course. But with some powder its ok.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am rather indifferent about bb creams in general, but I wanted something lightweight for the summer and I picked this up at Wally mart. I used maybelline last summer but always felt like it was way too sheer and did nothing for my skin. My skin has always been even except for some redness around the nose and the maybelline bb cream couldn't even cover it up and barely lasted through the day without a coat of powder which defeats the whole purpose.

I like this one because it gives my dry skin a beautiful glow, has SPF, doesn't look grey or ashy like my skin79 hot pink, and doesn't emphasize the flakes on my nose and around my mouth. Good even coverage like a light foundation but feels creamy not heavy. I picked up light medium and it will work once my faux tan fades. For now a light wash of bronzer matches it to my nc30 skin. Will work flawlessly with my normal shade of nc25.

edit: I'm pretty sure this is what's drying out my nose and causing flakes. It looks absolutely beautiful on the skin for the first hour but I find it is not moisturizing enough to wear alone. Remember to always wear moisturizer underneath this.