September 23, 2014 | 1827 users online

BB Cream - Revlon - Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this product. I love the Revlon PhotoReady line, but just as with all the other American drugstore brands, this is little more than a tinted moisturizer incorrectly labeled as a BB cream. This product just doesn't perform as a true BB cream. Contrary to the packaging, I did not notice any priming capabilities or particularly good coverage (I would call it light). As a tinted moisturizer, however, it is pretty nice, thus the "4" rating. Fairly thick creamy consistency, SPF 30, sheer coverage, and a slightly dewy finish. II do like this, but it isn't a true BB cream. Packaging is sleek and pretty - a flat silver tube with black cap and the PhotoReady logo, and the price isn't bad. However, I am sick of American drugstore brands trying to palm off tinted moisturizers labeled as BB creams (L'Oreal Youth Code, Garnier, etc.) I won't repurchase this unless I need another tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by shelbydoesbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I generally like this product. I've been very against American bb creams since they first came out, they were all awful tinted moisturizers marketed as bb creams and it irritated me that they were using this marketing ploy. I've been using Korean bb creams for about two years now and it has been a staple product for me.

I set up the display for this Revlon bb cream in the store I work at, I tried out the tester and liked the consistency of it and figured "what the heck, I'll try it."

It has a thicker formula than Maybelline and is relatively lighter in color and less orangey than Garnier. I like that it has 30 SPF as opposed to 15. It starts off thick and then blends pretty well, it does leave an oily finish so it's best to set it.

I don't think that this product is as good as my Skin79 Pink Label, the Skin79 is by far superior. But if you are comparing it to the other American bb creams on the market, this is a win.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by stellay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this BB cream as my base. I've been pleasantly surprised by its finish, wear, and coverage. I have not used any concealer besides a small amount under my eyes. This product provides wonderful everyday coverage, and I would recommend this to anyone who appreciates and/or needs more moisture especially during the dryer months. I will likely not opt for this product as much during the Summer or more humid times as my skin needs less moisture then. I've had to blot out some oil on my t-zone, but all in all, I enjoy this product and think it's much better than the ones I've tried from Garnier, Dr. Jart, Clinique, and Boscia. I'm also glad this product has SPF 30 as I find it nonsensical for companies to make products with a sunscreen factor with anything less.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Jessibean

I've been using this for a few days now and so far I really like it. The shade selection is great for us pale-skinned gals (Most BB creams only have a light/medium or medium/dark) so I really appreciate that. The formula is thicker than most BB creams and I like that it has SPF. It is a bit "dewy", so those with dry skin will love it, but I have combination/oily skim so I do set it with powder. I do notice that after maybe 8 hours it starts to look kind of gross up close, so if I'm out and about all day I wash it off and use a heavier coverage foundation to go out at night. Not a big deal, I would probably do that anyways.

A reviewer said that it smells like sunscreen but I honestly can't smell anything at all, and I'm allergic to fragrances. So the fact that it hasn't broken me out makes me think that it doesn't really have any (maybe an earlier formula did?).

overall it has become my go-to everyday 'foundation' and I'm quite pleased :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by weegee56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I thought it would provide better cover than most BB creams and it does. I have dry skin and have no problems with this feeling too greasy. I have not noticed an odor. It goes on smooth and feels light but gives me the coverage I want. I just use bit of powder on my nose and I'm good to go!

12 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so excited when I tried this in store as it is thicker than regular drugstore BB creams, spf 30 and leans towards yellow in tone. I bought both medium and deep so I could custom make my perfect skin tone. It did a good job of covering my redness. It's on the expensive side of BB cream in drugstores. It was around $14 (CAD) in walmart. I felt it did a good job of moisturizing my skin. It really is not for oily skin. I have dry skin so this was great for me. It leaves you with a dewy finish and doesn't dry out your skin. There are a few problems I found with this product which is why I give it the rating I did. It smells like sunscreen. I can smell it even when I have finished applying on my face. It lingered for a few hours. I find that odd since it is only spf 30 and it smells like an spf 50+. The BB cream is called 'Photo Ready'. It has a high spf and has a dewy finish. It is in no way 'photo ready'. My face looks like 10x lighter than my body when taking a picture with this on. Too much reflection from the sunscreen and shine. Lastly, I am also acne prone and this broke me out. I would keep this if I didn't break out from it.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No