Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 12/20/2013 6:31:00 PM

I had previously used the buffing brush for applying foundation but this brush totally beats the buffing brush! Its amazing the way my foundation looks after I've used this brush. It blends my foundation into my skin so it looks like I have amazing flawless skin. It is also affordable, super soft and easy to clean.

on 12/19/2013 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Never thought a brush could make such a difference to makeup results until I got this! I always use a traditional foundation brush whenever I wear foundation and it takes time and you have to use certain sides of the brush to get around your nose and eyes. With this brush I can easily get my whole face covered so quickly! It's evenly shaped all the way around and the small head makes it easy to get around the nooks and crannies. Very soft and leaves no streaks on the face....especially if you use a water-based product....it really pushes the product into the skin with less force needed. Very good value for money (just under £10) and I would definitely recommend.

on 12/18/2013 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

BUT,,,BUT...BUT.......This is a great brush BUT I find it's way too small to effectively apply a full face of liquid foundation in a timely manner, especially quick drying foundations like Revlon Colorstay and Covergirl 3-1.

However, for the eye area and any other tricky areas it really is useful. If it were larger, it would definitely be a HG purchase.

on 12/15/2013 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have lots of high end brushes, but I always reach for my Real Technique brushes. I love the prices and the fact that I can walk into Ulta and pick up a few when I need them. I use this brush for my liquid foundation. I buff it in and this brush is great for that purpose-it's dense and shorter so there isn't any swirling around. It gets into areas like under the eyes and sides of the nose well. Washes well. I have two of these at all times. These brushes come highly recommended by me, will continue to buy.

on 12/12/2013 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love love LOVE this brush! I mean I really REALLY love it!
I have quite small features, which means getting a larger brush around all the nooks in my face is quite a challenge. Prior to this brush, I'd been using the ELF Powder Brush (the flat-top one) and that brush is lovely and all, but detail work would need to be done with a separate brush.
But the size of this brush is perfect. I'm able to get my foundation (or powder or BB cream or primer because this brush works well with all of them) into every little space. It's even amazing in terms of blending out my under eye concealer.
When I use it for liquid foundation or BB cream, it really helps in creating a quite airbrushed look. I didn't notice any streaks, nor did it absorb too much of the product or cause me to use too much. On the contrary - I find I'm able to use less product with this brush.
It's even great for contouring and blusher due to the tapered dome top.
Doesn't shed, easy to clean, easy to store, impossibly soft and dense, and only $12 at the local beauty supply shop. What more could I ask for? I'm actually thinking I may have to purchase a couple more in the RT line since this one is such a top performer!

on 12/11/2013 10:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

You simply can't go wrong with Real Techniques brushes. Affordable, durable, soft, and just an all around pleasure to use.I own nearly all of them and the Expert Face Brush is one of my favorites. It's incredibly soft yet dense, making it amazing for blending liquid and cream foundations.I've also used it for cream blushes and highlighters, but I find it's a little too dense for that; it deposits more product than I'd like. It's great for blending out those products once they're already on your face, however.

Although this bush is great at blending out liquid foundations,I especially love the way this works with thicker cream foundations (KA SSE, various stick foundations). It really does all the work for you. I get streak free, flawless looking makeup every time. I apply my foundation in "strokes" first, across the broader areas of my face, then buff over any ares that need blending out. I also use the brush to stipple on areas that need heavier coverage, like my cheeks that tend to be red.

And this brush is so easy to clean. Natural hair brushes are wonderful, but you have to be so careful about what you use to wash them, how you dry them, etc. The synthetic bristles of this brush are hardy and durable, and can withstand even the deepest of cleanings with antibacterial soap. You don't need to use a brush guard to help the bristles keep their shape as they dry. Real Techniques brushes are great for people with acne prone skin, or those who are into theatrical makeup, because they can withstand frequent, deep cleanings without drying out and shedding.

on 12/10/2013 8:33:00 PM

It just doesn't get any better. Flawless finish easy to clean. I won't use anything else.

on 12/10/2013 1:28:00 PM

I just got this brush and tried it with liquid foundation. It works great and also doesn't get stained, after I'm done I don't see any traces of foundation on the bristles so it must all disappear into the skin. Cleaning it is a breeze too. I used mac spot cleaner-just a dew strokes on a paper towel as I was shown at mac makeup counter-and it's all clean. Love this brush and deffinetely recommend!
They did an awesome job with the design and quality, this is the greatest brush for applying liquid foundation!
I own several face brushes from the line, I like them all, but this is the most brilliantly designed brush! I use it every day, and it blends foundation quick and perfect, it's just perfect!

on 12/7/2013 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love love love this brush, so why only three lippies? Yes it gives a flawless finish with the right foundation and it's easy to use, but it's started to shed like crazy! I own a couple of real techniques brushes that I all bought around the same time and treated the same in therms of washing and spot cleaning and this is the only one that does this. I can pull out a bunch of hairs after washing and while using, it looses a couple hairs every week so I guess this one will be bald soon. Maybe it's just a brush from a bad batch but I feel it should not happen, I would actually buy this again to give it another chance because it really is a great brush but RT should do more quality control because they seem to be lacking lately!

on 12/5/2013 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Incredible brush. I use this to buff in my liquid foundation and it does a great job at giving me a flawless finish. The bristles are soft yet dense. For the price you just can't beat it!

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products