April 16, 2014 | 1867 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by BlueTutu

I've had this 6 months and I was worried about the hype but it's a great brush that leaves a flawless finish.

I prefer sheer to medium liquid foundations and it increases the coverage of my foundation with no cakiness. So I've found I need less/no concealer on my red areas.
It also great as a finishing brush to buff everything together seamlessly.
If you're stuck it can be used for contouring/blusher.
It soaks up some product if you dip it straight into your foundation. I end up using 1.5 instead of 1 pump.

The brush head is big enough to make application quick but small enough to give control around nose, eyebrows etc.
The wide base is useful during application to keep the bristles clean and I think this is worth the payoff for harder storage.
The bristles are very soft and I've lost none during washing.
It washes very well and takes about 16 hours to dry.

Not mad on the orange handle though.
I'm definitely going to try more brushes from her range.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Thyja

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do love this brush. I use it to buff foundation once I dot it on my face using my fingers. I tried using it to apply foundation straight to my face but ended up using way too much product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by amtn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this because I had the base core collection and was sick of washing the buffing brush too often!

Bought one to give to my cousin and one for myself. WELL... guess what? I'm keeping them both cos they are that amazzzzzzzzzzzzzing. :P It buffs in foundation flawlessly and in no time! Does not shed and I have found that to be the case with all of my RT brushes.
I use this brush for foundation, cream highlighter, and blush. Sometimes I use the stippling brush for a lighter finish then go into blemished areas with this brush! It covers the flaws wonderfully.

THese brushes are beyond amazing for their price. I like how they are sturdy, aluminium (light and not prone to getting wet and glue loosening like wood ones) and so soft! I'm from Australia and bought mine from iherb. They are so reliable and nice. I typed in the wrong address and it was able to be fixed instantly after contacting them via email. I would never buy these at Priceline.... they are 3x the price!!!!!

The only con is, I use more foundation with this brush! With the buffing brush, I can dot my foundation onto my brush, dab into the areas and blend away. I would advise dotting foundation onto your face then blending because the brush is so dense.

I'm trying to tell myself that 3 base brushes is enough... But we'll see. BUY IT BUY IT! $10 and amazing. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by ladolcediva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use mostly MAC brushes and this is now my favorite tool! I use it to buff on liquid foundations/tinted moisturizer. It is a great addition to my collection, durable, and for the price, you can't beat it! I look forward to buying several more for my kit. I also LOVE the pink highlighting brush as well; I use it to blend out undereye concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by mimi822

OMG ladies this is the best brush to land on planet earth! haha no but seriously it's just really dense but it does not absorb too much foundation. It allows for a really beautiful flawless almost airbrushed effect with liquid foundation!

If you order this brush or any other real techniques brush go on iHerb.com and use the code QLV352 to save $10!
Its so great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by gorhamd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best. Brush. Ever. I use it to apply my foundation, Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme. I previously used a dupe for the Beauty Blender every day and with all types of foundations. But now I use this brush every day because it applies foundation so evenly and quickly. It is the perfect density: less dense than the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. So it applies a very light, sheer layer. I think the Buffing Brush applies too thick of a layer of foundation. And the thickness of the brush is thin enough to get in narrow spaces such as between the eyebrows. I think Real Techniques brushes are easier than other brushes to wash, and that is certainly true of this brush. It is the quickest-washing foundation brush I've ever used, which makes it more convenient and easy. I wish I had several of these.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by susiej

I think you know a really good brush when it immediately becomes a part of your everyday routine- and this one has for me!

I actually only use it for blush (both powder and cream)- I find it the right size, with the right level of give for me to blend away and create a totally smooth, even finish. The brush itself feels lovely and soft on my cheeks.
I use it mainly with my Estee Lauder (highly pigmented) blushes but it goes equally as well with the firmer baked Bourjois blushes.

I haven't noticed any shedding- though I have only had it a couple of weeks. Hopefully it will stand up to regular use because I plan to use it very regularly indeed! I definitely recommend this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great brush. I go back and forth between different foundation application methods, this brush, the beauty blender and my fingers. Right now I am using the beauty blender but out of all the foundation brushes I've tried this is my favorite. The price is reasonable, between Ecotools and MAC brushes I would say. The quality is absolutely wonderful. I don't think I have ever seen it shed, I have owned it for over a year and I wash it often. I love that it doesn't leave me streaky and that it provides even blending across my skin. I have only used it for foundation so I can't say anything about how it does in other areas.
If you are looking for a good foundation brush a step above ELF brushes I think you should check this one out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Loubox04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing face brush!! You can use the brush in different ways depending on the coverage you want. Since I've started using this brush I get lots of compliments on my foundation. Love this brush so much have recommended it to my friends, some of who have purchased it and love it just as much as me :-) Very reasonable price too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

What I've learned from playing around with it:
1. If you want opaque result or you want to maximize sheer-medium foundation to its capacity, use EFB by stippling it.
2. If you want sheerer result or lessen the thickness of a particular foundation, use EFB by buffing it around.
Whether you choose method #1 or #2, this brush is able to give you that blended, second skin look no matter what. This, in my opinion, is what sets it really apart from other foundation brushes. I don't know what Samantha did, but she really does a good job with this one.
3. As a general rule, this brush drinks up your foundation/TM/tinted sunscreen, so I recommend to dot your face first and take it from there.
4. If you are very prone to flakes and dryness, skip buffing and settle with stippling.
5. If you are very oily, use this brush to powder your face inch by inch. There's something magical with the bristles (or probably the design?) that really push the powder into your pores. I notice that I am oil free for way longer with this brush although I don't change the powder that I use.
6. Contour & blush friendly. I wouldn't say it's the best for these purposes but it will do the job decently.
7. Ever notice some brushes are just a PITA to wash? Not this one.

One negative thing is that I need more time to work with this brush due to its small size.

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No