July 28, 2014 | 1216 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by hahalex21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The first thing I have to comment on is the color selection. Every color runs pretty yellow or orange. I use the color Finland, which they say has pink undertones, but it had none that I could see, it was pretty yellow. Which is okay for me since my face is more red than the rest of my body and yellow based foundations help me balance that out, but pale redheads with pink skin need to steer clear of any Nars foundations.
With that said, I do like this product. It isn't as moisturizing as I'd have liked, which my skin needs due to the meds I'm on and it being extremely dry, but it's better than a regular foundation for me. When I apply it with my fingers, I get the sheerest coverage but the best results. This product doesn't highlight my skin's current dryness, unless I apply it with a brush, and it helps minimize my pores, strangely enough. It makes my skin feel soft and velvety, but if it were used on someone with oilier skin it wouldn't last too long. I'd recommend this product for drier skinned girls, but oily skins should steer clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by BluEydQT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love this! It makes my pores on and around my nose look non-existent. I just returned my Illamasqua Skin Base for this because it has better coverage, looks more natural and helps even out my skintone. I have mild rosacea along my nose but mostly on my cheeks. I just build the coverage on the red spots and I don't even need undereye concealer with this. I also use BRTC BB cream and learned that even though it's pale I can use bronzer to get it to match. I bought this in Alaska but I believe I'm between Alaska and St. Moritz so I got a sample today and I'll try mixing the two. Really glad I found something moisturizing, lightweight, but yet provides ample coverage. i'm also ordering Murad to help me with my skincare issues.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by goldrauschengel

Very disappointed so far. I bought this in Finland which is the fairest shade, and in the store the scent and formula seemed really promising. However, one hour after application this product just disintegrated into ugly patches on my face, which really shocked me considering the high price and the good reputation of the company...This was my first experience with NARS and I am not happy at all...The only reason I am giving this two stars is that I still have hopes I might be able to make this product work for me by changing the application technique or moisturiser underneath or something...I will have to wait for winter though because the shade is way too light for me in summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by amberlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

An awesome tinted moisturizer with an awesomely high spf!!! Goes on so smooth, has amazing coverage yet still light, doesn't dry me out or make me a grease ball, and stays put without being powdered. This delivers on all counts I look for in a TM, so I couldn't be happier. I'm right in between St. Mortiz and Alsaska so I mix the two or use them on their own depending on whether I've self tanned or not. I like to apply this with either my fingers or a sponge spritzed with MAC Fix+. Looks very natural, and glowy. Will repurchase!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by tashadenise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this TM!! I normally use Laura Mercier but I wanted to try something new. I hardly wear make up and mostly only if I'm going out. I expected the coverage to be too heavy for my liking but it looks very natural!

I have very dry skin and sometimes makeup looks dull on me and it's almost better if I don't wear any due to the dryness (even if I used moisturizer before applying the makeup). This gives me a slight glow and doesn't look dull at all!

Also, I am a light skinned African American, so most makeup in my shade (I'm an NC44) has red or orange undertones which look horrible on my skin!

Most TM's are pricey, so I think the $42 is average.

over all, I love this product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by cvicks42

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this tinted moisturizer. I have very sensitive and dehydrated skin and break out using bb cream and other thick foundations. But I did not break out using this tinted moisturizer. It gives me a very natural and radiant look! It goes on thin and smooth and keeps my skin dehydrated. It is so hydrating that I don't need to put on my regular moisturizer before applying the foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Ritochok

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favorite TM so far. I got this in the shade Alaska and it's a bit too dark for my NW15 skin but it works in the summer when I get a little more color. I apply it with my fingers and it blends very well and looks like natural skin. It evens out my skintone and provides light to medium coverage. If I have any red spots I have to use a little bit of concealer but I prefer this option to using full coverage foundations which usually look cakey on me. I also use this to mix with my Skin79 Hot Pink BB cream to make the shade more golden, and this combination works amazing! If your BB cream is a tad too light or too gray, try mixing with this product to get the perfect shade and the most natural looking finish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

I got a sample of this from Sephora. This is an excellent TM, almost more like a light foundation. It gives my skin this most amazing god-given glow, and conceals 90% of my acne scars, and blurs my more stubborn spots (I use concealer for that). The shade "Alaska" matched very well, and this stuff blends like a dream. However... I will not be purchasing it, because it is a whopping $42! Maybe when I am making my own money and not asking my mother for money will I buy this! XD But if you dont mind spending a little extra cash, definitely check this out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 5:24:00 AM More reviews by kpl30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I love this tinted moisturiser! After being a fan of NARS sheer matte, i thought i'd try this out since i don't really like to wear foundation - this is a perfect alternative for daytime wear. I used to wear Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer but it was too thick and it'd make me break out. I have super sensitive acne-prone skin and this has not made me break out. I've been using this for a month now! The colour match is just right for me (St. Mortiz) and i love the consistency of this product. It glides on smoothly so you don't need much at all! I have a lot of blemishes though, and although the coverage is buildable, it is very sheer, so i usually use my MAC select moisturecover. I love the finish of this product as well and surprisingly it doesn't make me as oily as sheer matte foundation does! Definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by rachlou

I have combination, pigmented, sensitive, fair skin. It has always been a struggle for me to find any foundations that work for my skin, let alone a tinted moisturizer. This is the best one I have tried so far. The coverage is better than most, and it dries to a semi-matte, natural finish that lasted all day for me. I would definitely but this again, although I wish it was more reasonably priced, which is why I gave it a 4 out of 5 instead of the full 5.