October 23, 2014 | 887 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by kimmyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Currently, I am an nc25 with dry skin and active breakouts. I want a foundation to provide light-medium coverage (I can't stand heavy things on my face) without emphasizing ANY dry patches on my face and this foundation delivers. I have tried many foundations the past few months- and surprisingly many dewy/moisturizing foundations contain alcohol which dries out my face over time. Luckily, NARS TM does not and it feels very comfortable on my face as well. I absolutely love this foundation, it is quickly becoming my HG daytime/no flash photography foundation. I use the shade Alaska and it matches me pretty well. I have tried applying with my hands and RT expert face brush- and both worked very well. This DOES NOT cover my breakouts (but I don't expect any TM to), it simply evens out my skin tone to give me a dewy finish.

This TM retails for $42, which is pricey, but I think it is completely worth it as it meets all my needs. I bought this during Sephora's 20% VIB sale though, but would've paid full price. Also, it contains 1.9 fl oz of product which is twice the size of traditional foundations, so it's basically ~21/oz which isnt bad at all :)

Overall, I love this foundation and highly recommend it for those with dry-normal skin. HG for me

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by tequila29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nars is the best tinted moisturizer I've used so far. Prior to this, I used Laura Mercier but Nars' is 10 times a better product. My face is neither matte nor shiny but perfectly hydrated. I actually look presentable and can go in public with just this moisturizer and no other makeup. The before and after is quite dramatic and I use this every morning after washing my face. It doesn't feel like I have anything other than moisturizer on. The Laura Mercier product made my skin feel like I had a mask and it was slightly orange and shiny but the Nars tinted moistuirzer is so light yet has ample coverage and makes my skin look natural and even toned. Its my holy grail product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by tswope57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Too dark and orangey.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2012 7:11:00 AM More reviews by Vlayra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not sure if I'd buy this again. It smells good and feels nice on the skin. It didn't break me out but the coverage is almost invisible. I like the SPF and the colour chart (Finland matches perfect with my skintone). Too expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by deelasoul

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a big NARS fan and usually use the Sheer Glow foundation but wanted something lighter for the summer so I thought the Tinted Moisturizer would be perfect and it was ... at first.

Coverage is sheer but fairly buildable. I have a little redness in my cheeks and two layers covered it pretty well. I liked the shades, too. Seychelles was perfect when I had a bit of a tan ... definitely on the yellow side though.

So what was the problem? After a few weeks, I realized it was breaking me out. I suspect it's the SPF, which is lovely in theory but my skin is truly sensitive and doesn't appreciate most SPFs.

Anyway, if your skin can tolerate it, it's a fine TM.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 4:06:00 AM More reviews by starryide

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for three months now and it does not irritate my skin at all. It doesn't treat my acne, but it doesn't worsen it either and it provides very good coverage. It feels very light on my skin and I love that it's moisturizing and has 30 SPF. It applies easily and smoothly. It doesn't really have a mattifying factor but I actually really like the dewy finish- it makes my skin look natural and healthy! Afterwards, I don't need to blot like I used to. After three months, I'm still using the same tube and there's still quite a bit left, so the price is pretty worth it! I know it's more expensive that a lot of other brands, but I'm willing to invest in good skincare (:

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by ironwoman01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this tinted moisturizer! I was debating between this and Laura Mercier, so I got samples of each from Sephora. I used to be NC35 in MAC, but now I'm lighter since I stopped tanning. I'm probably NC25 now. I have strong yellow undertones due to Asian skin. NARS tinted moisturizer in Alaska and St. Moritz are perfect shades for me. Alaska is great for my pale winter days and St. Moritz is better for Summer days. Alaska has both yellow and pink undertones so it can work for many different skintones. St. Moritz has more yellow/orange undertones. Right now I am mixing the two shades together to get a perfect match, since I'm in between. This product does give a dewy finish and sometimes I do a light dusting of setting powder so I'm not super dewy. I have normal skin, so oil isn't a huge problem for me though. This product has a slight lemon scent and it's not overpowering, whereas the Laura Mercier had a strong sunscreen smell. Laura Mercier also did not have a shade that was yellow enough for me. I will definitely be buying NARS in both shades. Great for those days when you want sheer coverage and don't want to spend a lot of time getting ready in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by princessface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm using this in Finland and it is just devine! I have oily skin, so after cleansing and toning with Dermalogica products in the morning, I skip my usual moisturiser and go right to the Nars tinted moisturiser. It gives me the perfect balance of moisture and evens out my complexion. It's perfect for day wear such as going to uni, work and running errands. Concealer is still needed if you have spots, but that isn't a concern. It is so light and I feel like I get a good amount of coverage while still letting my skin breathe. I like to set it with a translsucent powder and find that this helps with the longevity. Lasts about 6 or 7 hours on oily skin before things begin to slip. The colour stays true thoughout the day and is oil free, so no break outs! My only problem is that I can't use it as a base for powder foundation when going out as the SPF gives me ghost face under flash photography. But, as a day time tinted moisturiser alone, it is absolutely perfect. I just wish Mecca Cosmetica would sell it for a reasonable price, it's ridiculous to pay $68 AUD when it's only $45 or so in the states.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

I got a small sample of the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in St. Moritz.
It was a great match for my tanned asian skin. It goes on smoothly and light. And the best part, did not break me out. YAY!

However, I did not love it enough to purchase the full bottle. Sorry Nars. You are wayy to expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by sleaf

I am fairer than most and Finland, the lightest shade, is too yellow and dark for me. The yellow doesn't bother me as it neutralized the redness in my face, but the shade is a full shade darker than Siberia which is a decent match. The coverage was sheer enough that I was able to use this for a subjectively "bronzed" look during the warmer months when I'm more "tan." The color is such a shame because I loved it otherwise. It applies nicely and the finish is gorgeous. My weird sensitive combo skin was fine with it and I loved the smell. I just wish they made a lighter shade in line with Siberia for my ghostly white skin.