April 23, 2014 | 1404 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by jersey18

I really like Rimmel so I was really pleased when they brought out this new foundation. I first tried it as a small sample that I got in a magazine, and I instantly noticed how flawless my skin was. So I went out and bought a bottle and loved it! It really does 'wake up' my skin, it looks so glowing and awake. It leaves a dewy glow on my skin and it isn't too heavy. I like the bottle, I love orange so the lid and packaging really attracted me. I love everything about this foundation apart from the shimmers in the formula, I don't really like shimmer in foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by musicbox93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this foundation! It gives my dry skin such a glowing, healthy look. I got it on sale on ASOS for about 8 dollars and I wasn't expecting to love it this much!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by laurencampbell81

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of the worst foundations I have used, absolutely awful. Firstly, unlike other foundations I have used, which usually last me a few months, it lasted me 3 weeks! The heaviness of the glass container packaging fools you into thinking that there is a lot of liquid inside, but there isn't! Secondly, the product itself was horrible. It made my face look greasy and oily looking, like I hadn't cleansed my face in days. I even had to steal my friends powder foundation at a party every half hour because of the embarrassment that people could probably see their reflection in the shiny, oiliness of my skin. It also didn't stay on very long, I leave the house and then an hour or two later I have to top up again. The price was about £5 or more, but honestly, I've had products off the market for 99p which were better!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by lancherie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really cheap with nice packaging. When I bought it and tried it on at home I realised that it's extremely pink (I find Rimmel to be way too pink 99% of the time :( However the formula is extremely nice. It's slightly shimmery which I didn't realise and didn't mind too much (it was just borderline bearable) and blends out so nicely and feels so very smooth on your face. Could give up to full coverage I think but generally light-med coverage. It has a nice fresh scent to it which I also like. A nice dewy finish great as an everyday foundation but unfortunately due to their poor colour range I won't be purchasing this again :(

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by xSunshiinex

I really disliked this foundation.
SHADES:
I have extremely pale skin (almost unnaturally pale!), so whenever I buy a foundation its always in the palest shade available, but when I bought the palest shade for this foundation it was extremely dark and very orange, which I straightaway disliked.

APPLYING:
The foundation went on smoothly, and it has a thin, almost runny consistency. I applied using a foundation brush and I also tried using a sponge. Both applications left me with the same effect. It was easy to blend.

COVERAGE:
The coverage could be better, could be worse. I'd say it was light to medium.

FINISH:
I found that this foundation left me looking very greasy. I tried applying a thin layer of powder to set it but it seemed to just make the foundation clog up in places of my skin and look caked, even though I was only wearing a thin layer. It was also very glittery- way too much glitter in the foundation in my opinion.

PRICE:
It wasnt too expensive, I thought the price was quite good considering the size of the bottle.

PACKAGING:
The foundation has really nice packaging. Its in a small glass bottle with a funky orange colored lid and text. The pump dispenser was handy but you had to push very lightly because it released a LOT of foundation in one go.

Overall:
PROS
- Decent price
- Just the right sized bottle
- Nice, bright packaging

CONS
- The shades were awful. There are barely any shades to choose from and even the lightest is a dark orange colour.
- Left my skin very greasy looking and oily.
- Way to sparkly
- Kept sliding off my skin
- Didnt stay on very long
- Caked up on my skin and went flaky in places

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:37:00 AM More reviews by stefdubs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Seriously makes my skin look flawless! Gives me a lovely glowing finish. I also combine it with MAC prep n prime and it lasts me all day :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have dry skin, especially around my chin, nose, under-eyes, hairline, and in between my eyebrows.. and i can honestly say that this foundation made my skin feel greasy... Yes, that's right, GREASY. and i have EXTREMELY dry skin, so much to the point where my skin always feels like it's being stretched. I thought it might just be my skin, but i don't get this feeling with other foundations. I don't know, maybe something in this foundation caused my skin to have a reaction.. perhaps the massive amount of fake looking glitter? The packaging is nice though, and the smell is lovely, it smells citrusy-sweet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by DaniDeelish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, I would have given this foundation a 3.5/5 if that was an option. Since it's not, I thought this product was a little closer to 4 stars than to 3 (just a little closer)
****ABOUT MY SKIN****
I have normal-dry skin. Dry around my chin and nose, pretty much normal everywhere else. I donít really have acne (just a few acne scars), but I have horrible hyper-pigmentation and redness on my cheeks (which requires a medium-full coverage foundation to cover it up).
****SHADE REFERENCE****
I am an NW15 by MAC, and a "Gobi" in NARS Sheer Glow (I have very pink undertones)
I chose shade 'Ivory 100' in this foundation (which is the lightest shade), which is slightly too dark for me once it dries down on the skin (I'd say about an NC20)
****FOUNDATION CONSISTENCY****
This foundation has a liquid consistency, but it's not too runny. If you pump some on the back of your hand it will not run off. It's just, IMO, the perfect consistency (liquid but not too runny)
****FOUNDATION FINISH****
This foundation has a definite dewy/shimmery, almost glittery finish. Definitely not for people with oily/combination skin. This foundation is best for normal or dry skin (because of the dewy finish, which will be too much and look greasy on oily-skinned people). It's almost a little too glittery even for me, as someone who prefers a dewy finish to the face.
****APPLICATION****
I have tried many ways of applying this foundation, all of which worked fine. This isn't a difficult foundation to work with. It works fine with a brush, sponge or your fingers. The way I prefer applying it, and the way I apply pretty much all of my foundations, is to start off working it in with my fingers (the warmth in your fingers helps melt the product better in to your skin and give you a more natural finish). Then I always use a damp beauty blender sponge to blend out any streaks that my fingers left, and to make the foundation look flawless and non-cakey.
****PROS****
--This foundation has medium, buildable coverage which is nice for ever day, not too much coverage but not too little. It's a nice everyday foundation, but I never use this for special events/going out or anything.
--I love that this foundation comes with a pump! It makes it easy to control how much product comes out.
--Has a reasonable staying power. Not crazy, but it does last about 6-8 hours on my skin before starting to wear off a little
--Doesn't look heavy or cakey, it feels very natural and lightweight on the skin
--Has a definite, strong citrus scent (which is wear I think it gets it's 'wake me up' foundation name from). This can be a 'con' (see below)
--Does feel pretty nice and refreshing when you first apply it (cause of the scent which lingers while you're applying it, but then fades)
--Has an SPF on 15
--This product is reasonably hydrating, which for my normal-dry skin is nice
--Can be found in the drugstore and is pretty inexpensive, even in Australia
--Has very sleek packaging which allows it to be stored easily
****CONS****
--This foundation is made for a very limited market. If you have oily/combination skin, or you don't like that dewy, almost sparkly effect to the skin than this is definitely not the foundation for you! Also, because of the fine glitter in this product, it will accentuate every pore, wrinkle, acne spot or imperfection that you have on your face! You have to have reasonably good skin, IMO, to like this product.
--I don't like the fine glitter in this product (it looks a little greasy and is just too much). I like a dewy finish, but I think this foundation has crossed the lines of a 'dewy' finish foundation, and taken it to a 'sparkly' finish.
--This product tends to oxidize a bit. Make sure you use a primer underneath it to help it oxidize as little as possible!
--The scent can be a definite negative quality in this foundation (like I said, it fits the needs of a very limited group). If you have skin that's sensitive to scented makeup products, then stay far away from this (as the scent is very strong in this!)
--Doesn't last very long through heat and sweat
--Even though the bottle is thin and good for storage, it is a glass bottle, so I would never travel with it (I'd be afraid that it would break).
--All of Rimmel's foundations have a limited shade range. There is no option for those light-skinned gals like myself. I can only wear this foundation in the summer as in the winter it's a little too dark for me. I have the lightest shade (Ivory 100), and that's about an NW20 by MAC (I'm about an NC15 in winter, NW20 in summer) If your skin is lighter than NW20, then you will not find a colour match in this foundation. I wish that Rimmel would make a lighter shade (around NC15), in all of their foundations!
****BOTTOM LINE****
I'm not sure whether I would repurchase this product or not, I'm on the fence about it. I probably wouldn't, as there just isn't anything that special about this product (no incredible staying power or coverage etc.) The things that are 'special' about this foundation I either don't really like (like the fine glitter in this product, which I just think provides too much shimmer. It is not a glow, but a shimmer/glitter which almost looks greasy on the skin) This isn't a horrible foundation, but I just don't find myself reaching for it that often as I have other foundations which I prefer a lot more. I find myself reaching for this product when I just need to run some errands and don't want to waste an expensive foundation/one that I really like..

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by jujuritinha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure if i'd buy it again.
This could be the Perfect foundation for many skins, if it weren't for the shimmer!
When you look at it after applied, it makes your skin look perfect and with a super nice dewyness, but up close and under a semi-intense light, all you see it's shimmer and sparkles, wich is actually quite nice, unless you have any large pores, in tha case it just sits there and makes them look bigger and brighter.
If you have perfect skin then you either don't need foundation or this one will be perfect for you.
Lasting power: Very good.
Coverage: Medium to full.
Color range: week; I use 100 Ivory and I'm a NW20, it matches me perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by lola12345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm new to this foundation but i really like it. i was searching for a foundation-on-the-go and this one is easy and blends beautifully. the shimmer is detectable on the bottle but not on the face. the smell and shimmer is exactly like an old foundation by rimmel, the recover anti-fadige, which is now discontinued. the concept is the same so i guess this is an improved version of it. i'm a mac nc30 studio fix and bought this one in the shade soft beige which is a tiny bit lighter but you can work it with bronzer and blush, etc. the staying power i guess its good but im no example since my oily skin always wins with everything.