Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

3.7

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

on 6/9/2013 7:06:00 AM

I actually really like this foundation, Although, i have very pale skin and im a red head and although i apply Dove sunkiss glow to my skin, This foundation is a little bit on the orange side! BUT it leaves my skin with a very dewy finish. I've heard it has glitter in? i see no glitter if im honest. NOT good for oily skin as it is very dewy though i did apply over a satin primer and DR JART BB cream which i use all the time! I really didn't want to like this foundation as i normally go for more high end products such as Gorgio Armarni and illamasque but being a student i thought id check out drugstore products to see if they were any good! will have to see if i breakout with this foundation as i have sensitive skin but so far so good. Wouldn't buy again just because of the color. Leaves a medium/build-able coverage. PS amazing price, Bought for £6! beats the armarni £36 price tag (although such a good foundation)

If only my skin wasn't oily! I actually really like this foundation! It makes my skin pretty and flawless for the first hour but because I have such oily skin, it makes it look really yucky when oil seeps through the foundation. This foundation has a bit of shimmer in it which makes you look awake and glowing and the coverage is definitely blendable to a full coverage. The packaging comes in a pump which is really handy and more hygienic and it has a nice smell to it. At the end of the day, I would repurchase this product only if my skin wasn't oily.

After using it for a week or two, I have to say I was very impressed with the resuts and I got loads of compliments about it aswell. When I first started using it it came out quite dark with low coverage even in the lightest shade but...
TIP: Blend the wake me up concealer with the wake me up foundation!
And I got a flawless, smooth but heavy concealing foundation which was nice and light on my skin. The only downside I have to say is after a while the foundation on my nose melts off and looks really slimy so I always make sure I have some powder to fix it or if I have time, re-do the makeup on my nose but other than that the makeup lasts all day with a nice natural shine. The price is affordable, the packaging is bright and funky and the wake me up products have got to be the best thing I have used so far! I would definutely buy this again! x

on 6/4/2013 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have oily skin so this foundation isn't perfect for my skin type but would work better for people with dry/normal complexion but still even with oily skin after setting it with powder it's really good. It's medium coverage which is good for me because I have a few blemishes and don't want to look completely airbrushed and you can also build this foundation up to increase the amount of coverage. It supposedly has a shimmer but this isn't massively noticeable. :)

I bought this product last summer and I used it religiously. I loved it so much, the coverage was great! It supposedly makes your face look fresher due to the 'shimmer'. It wasn't until after wearing it for months that I began to realise how glittery and shimmery my face looked. I looked ridiculous! Especially in the sun, the glitter in the foundation was overwhelming and I was so gutted that I found this flaw as it was the best foundation I'd ever used! Unfortunately I won't be purchasing this again :(

on 5/30/2013 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Meh. Not good but not terrible either. It makes my face glowy but I don't like the sparkles in it. Lasts for a whole day but it makes my skin incredibly oily by midday. Won't re purchase.

Okay, firstly, for anyone complaining about the animal testing problems with Rimmel, animal testing has been banned in the Uk for cosmetics made or imported into the Uk. So no need to worry. I've been using Clarins skin illusion, but at £28 a bottle I needed something a bit more everyday. Also, with that one being a mineral liquid foundation, once it's set it can look a bit dry in patches. I have dry, sometimes combination skin so this foundation is perfect. It leaves a dewy finish (unless set with powder to stop it transferring). It's moisturising and so far hasn't broken me out. I'm around a nc25/30 depending. In wake me up I'm in soft beige which is perfect match. I haven't had a problem with the 'glitter' so far, as that was my main concern. At 9 ish pounds a bottle it's more expensive that other drugstore brands, but I use half a pump maximum so a bottle lasts me a while. Overall a great foundation, giving light to medium coverage (depending on quantity). If I wasn't such a foundation addict and didn't buy a new one every time I would definitely repurchase. <3

on 5/25/2013 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I actually really like this foundation.
Its a little on the expensive side (£8.99), but it was on offer at my local drugstore so I thought I'd get a bottle after seeing how many people love it. Before buying this, I knew it had a dewy finish (so for people with dryer skin), but being the rebel I am, I wanted to see how it would work for my combination-to-oily skin.
The packaging is great, but it doesn't last as long as some other liquid foundations. It has a slight shimmer to it, which is only noticeable in certain lighting. It lasted the whole day, which is a miracle for a dewy foundation AND on my oily-ish skin. I have naturally olive skin and my shade is 103 True Ivory. It has pink undertones, so not the best color for my yellow undertoned skin.
It gives great coverage and covers my redness and acne scars even without concealer. It glides onto skin wonderfully (no problem with dry patches). It made my skin look healthy and glowy without looking fake and caked-on.
Overall, I highly reccomed this foundation to pretty much any skin type. Possibly not SUPER oily skin because of the dewy finish, but like I said, it worked for my oily to combination skin.

PRO'S:
- Great packaging (with a pump)
-Glides on nicely
-Great coverage (great for redness and acne scars)
-Didn't break me out despite my slightly oily acne-prone skin
-Made my skin look healthy and glowy
-AMAZING staying power

CON'S:
-Highly transferable (if you touch your face, it goes onto your hands and over your clothes)
-Expensive for a Rimmel foundation
-Doesn't last long (maybe just under a month depending on how much you use)
-Shimmer is available in certain lighting (sunlight, harsh lighting)

xoxo,
Chloe

on 5/20/2013 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this foundation, it's the only foundation that I've found that I don't need to set with a powder. I love the slightly dewy finish on my skin and the color range is surprisingly well done. definite recommendation.

on 5/20/2013 3:21:00 AM

I never thought I would like anything from rimmel until I found this foundation. I was watching Tanya burr on YouTube and she raved about this product... And here I am raving about it too. As a reference I'm an NC30 and my match was soft beige. It's a perfect match!!! I seriously didnt have to buy 2 bottles to mix to get my perfect shade. What I love about this product is it really hydrates my dry skin. This foundation makes my skin look dewy and fresh. I don't have to use my caudalie rescue creme when I wear this foundation. What I also love about this product is how easy it is for me to apply with my brush and the pump! Omg! I hate foundations without pumps because I find it so unsanitary when I have to open, and expose the product to air constantly.
Anywho I love this product and I'm glad I bought it :)

Edit- Autumn 2013
I've removed one lippie from this review because when I went on vacation I found this product clung on to my dry patches during summer... I was so sad... I loved this product... But I think I've moved on to my bourjois foundations which I think are better