July 24, 2014 | 994 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I got a sample from a magazine and I was curious to try this out because a Youtube Guru (Tanya on pixi2woo) raved about it.

Background: I have dry skin on my cheeks (skin is tight but NOT flaky) and normal skin everywhere else.I am NC30 at MAC and I have relatively clear skin besides freckles and old acne marks

The sample I received was Soft Beige which was wearable for my skintone but was slightly too pink. There's only 6 shades of this foundation so I'm not sure how well this would cater to those with super pale/dark skin

I applied it with a stipplng brush and it applied pretty well. It can give you a light coverage to a full medium coverage depending on the brush/amount you use. I had a on a full medium coverage and it was still unable to cover up fully my blemishes/scar. It feels pretty light, but if you use too much/layer too much, it can end up cakey.

It has a dewy finish, which I am not a big fan of because I feel that dewy foundations don't last on my skin/isn't flattering on me. Even after I had powdered my face with MAC's Select Sheer pressed powder, I could still see some dewiness. The dewy-ness of this foundation increases after time especially when your skin starts to become oily.

While it has a dewy finish, it definitely lasted a full 12 hours on my face with no primer. It didn't move at all on my face, but I definitely looked pretty greasy.

As for the price, I'm sure it is under $10. However, I would not repurchase this foundation because 1. colour did not match me (too pink) 2. too dewy (I like matte foundations more) 3. I ended up looking like a greaseball.

I feel that this foundation would be good for those who have relatively clear skin (no scars, no blemishes), and those who have dry to really dry skin because this will provide some moisture/glow back to your skin. Those who have normal to oily/combination skin should stay away from this foundation since I doubt this would last long on oily skin. However, I had no primer when I tested this out so it might work a lot better on primer-ed skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by HeyIAmSteph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg, this is the most amazing thing. It gives my skin the most gorgeous glow and shine. Some people don't buy this foundation because of the sparkle, but once applied you can hardly see it . The name is perfect, it does actually make you look more awake. I bought 200 Soft Beige, i applied it and it was WAY to light but after about 10 minutes it settled into my skin and it was the perfect skin tone for me! I really love this product and i will forever repurchase. And also I seriously love the smell, it smells really fresh and nice, I'm obsessed, literally. I bought this from Priceline on sale for $14.95 AUD (generally $19.95 AUD) it's farely cheap for a foundation in Australia but even if it is $19.95 i'll still buy it!
Rimmel you done an amazing job on this product! 5 Lippies to you! :)
EDIT 15/03/2013: This foundation still holds number one and is amazing, if i could give it 10 lippies + I would! Amazingest foundation i've ever seen. Xx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by canadabanada

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow. I love this foundation. I never would have tried except I received a sample in a magazine. I love love it. Wears very well, all day. I have oily skin but this makes my skin glow without being shiny. Nice coverage. Doesn't settle in fines lines either. A definite must try for the price
Recently bought the full size. I am totally hooked still. Love how long it wears. Got a friend hooked on it too and we both normally like more expensive foundations

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by beths02

I personally just cant find a high street foundation that works well with my skin. Now I have heard good reviews about this foundation, so I can only comment on this based on my oily skin.
First of all it didnt blend into my skin very well, and also didnt last on the face for long at all. It felt very light, but it would just come off my face when my finger would swipe it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 6:22:00 AM More reviews by missbekah

I absolutely love this foundation! I am on my 3rd bottle, so I now feel I can give an accurate review. I have combination skin with a very oily t zone. On my skin type, I love the finish! It gives a radiant, dewy finish with medium coverage. I have had ALOT of people say that my skin looks amazing when i wear this foundation.
Pros:
Great medium coverage ( my preference)
Fantastic glass packaging with a pump
Glowy finish
Low price
Easily accessible

Cons
Relativey poor colour range ( I'm the second lightest)

Dry to combination skins will love this foundation. Oily skin types who still prefer a glow will definitely need a primer and powder. However even with a powdered t zone i still love the finish of this

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by E321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best for dry skin

I bought this because of the price - I needed a cheap foundation darker than my usual for a summer holiday. It was the cheapest I found! I don't usually have oily skin but boy did this make it oily! That's my only criticism really, it wasn't flawless coverage but pretty good even with my heaps of imperfections. Blended well and looked very natural. I would recommend for a holiday because its light but still gives a made up look

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 6:07:00 AM More reviews by amberbabyyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I saw so many women buying this foundation and i wondered what the hype was, i then saw the advert and thought, yep i'm going to try this! I have quite dry skin so i always apply a moisturiser underneath my foundations. When i first applied it i was abit apprehensive because i'd heard there was glitter in it. There is a slight shimmer but its hardley noticable apart from when id scratch my face and some shimmer would be on my finger haha but nothing amazingly noticable. It feels quite dry and moosey when you first rub it in, but then it goes really creamy and feels full of moisture! You dont need a powder on the top as it isnt really oily. Its a relativley good coverage and does last for a good amount of time. Really does wake up your face :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by KelsieMerritt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Tried this foundation today and wow, I just really love it. My skin is so damn dry, I have to exfoliate everyday or else my makeup will look terrible but, this foundation isn't effected by my dry skin. It doesn't sink into the little dry rough spots/flakes, nor does it make my skin any drier. It hasn't given me any breakouts and it's coverage is pretty amazing. I can use this foundation w/o concealer and my face is all the same color (no acne marks or redness). Also, the scent is freakin' great. I don't know about you but, the scent of citrus just FEELS clean.
Now.. about the color.
I kinda don't wanna say anything about color because everyone's different and I'm not really pale right now, so finding my shade isn't extremely difficult. Although, I do feel for the pale ladies, I've been through that whole "Oh yes this looks great in bathroom lighting." and then "Aw shit I look like an Oompa Loompa outside, in natural light." situation. It's best to stay away from this foundation (or most drugstore foundations) if you're truly light skinned, like, NC10 or so.

BUT, if you've spent countless amounts of money on foundation that you've realized is too dark / orange for you (like me, HEHEHHH), don't throw it out.
Invest in some Illamasqua products.
One trick that works is buying Illamasqua's Rich Liquid (thick, heavy, matte coverage) foundation in 100 or 105, OR Illamasqua's Skin Base (normal, natural coverage) in 01 and mixing that with a drugstore foundation you have previously purchased that is too dark for your skintone, It's white so it will lighten the foundation to your desired shade. You can use it with aaaaall the foundations that you brought home thinking "this is totally my shade".

Don't lie gurl, I know you've done this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by makeupcara95

I really like this foundation. I would say it's medium to full coverage, which is good for me, but it doesn't ever look cakey. The comments about it being glittery may be a negative for some people, but I really didn't see a problem with it, as when its on the skin you really can't tell that its glittery (and I think it adds an extra glow which is lovely!)
This is the first foundation I've ever actually finished, because it's perfect for daily use for myself, as it's thick enough to cover blemishes (with a touch up of concealer over it) but it's not so think that it looks like you have too much make-up on.
I really really like this foundation, and would definitely purchase again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

After seeing a ton of positive reviews and press on this product I had to try it, especially being in the market for a good medium-full coverage liquid/creme foundation.
I purchased it for £8.99 from Tesco - widely available in the UK and sometimes on offer with other Rimmel products in certain stores. I'm a fan of good dirt-cheap makeup so was a little hesitant to pay almost £9 for a product that might not even work for me.
The packaging is the best I've come across on a cheaper foundation - a sturdy glass bottle and small pump, a great way to prevent large-scale leakage in your handbag or accidentally using too much.
After cleansing and toning, I use Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Oil-Free moisturiser and Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch as a base for best results. I found that No. 7's matte primer balls up and becomes very sticky with this foundation so avoided combining the two, although ELF's mineral primer is a cheaper method of smoothing the skin before application without making the process too sticky. The foundation can be build up for extra coverage as needed - I found 2-3 pumps and applying with my hands (I prefer using my fingers to brushes for my foundation) worked fine. After application I use a pressed powder to finish off my face and I'm ready for the day ahead! As my skin becomes oily throughout the day I touch up on powder a couple of times.
Many reviews have mentioned that they are put off by the product being slightly sticky or shiny - personally I didn't find it any more so than most foundations and wasn't a problem for me, or that oily skins should avoid - a decent powder sorts out any shiny bits through the day.
As affordable foundations go, this is a great medium coverage option and I'll be sure to repurchase once finished.