August 28, 2014 | 2011 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My HG foundation. It's perfect on my skin, and I love that it has a tiny bit of shimmer in it. Appropriately discrete, you don't wanna look too glittery.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I like the feel and coverage (medium) of this foundation, that it doesn't look cakey and that it lasts well through the day.
However 2 major issues with this make me give it a 3 rating.
First, colour selection! I am an NC15 - so, pale but not THE palest person out there, and bought this in their lightest shade 100 Ivory. It is too dark for me! I bought this last summer when it was fine because I was a bit darker, but I'm not able to use this other times of year. I wanted to use it again a couple of weeks ago, thinking it's fine I'll just blend it down my neck as well - which brings me onto my
second issue: Sparkles in the foundation!
When just applied on the face, the sparkles aren't that obvious. You can still see them if you pay attention, but you're not gonna look like a glitter ball. However, when I applied this down my neck as well, the sparkles on that area were so noticeable! I don't know if it's because it's a flatter area compared to your face or what, but even my boyfriend noticed and went "why is there glitter on your neck?!"
The shimmer also transferred onto my hands from touching the areas through the day. And you know how shimmer is hard to get rid of/ wash off...
So sadly I will have to use this in the summer only, which here in the UK is only about 3 weeks a year. *sigh*
But for you darker skins out there (NC20 and above should be fine) and that don't mind the sparkle, it is a good choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 5:21:00 AM More reviews by SummerLlili

i love this product alot ! it has buildable coverage and does not need to be re applied again throughout the day! x this is a really affordable,good quality product x

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is really sparkly. I found that if I applied with a stippling brush the sparkle was a lot more subtle. Just me maybe. It's perfect shade for me. The coverage is great. I do get a pretty oily t zone and this definitely needs to be set. You can't beat the price. It's got a nice pump and a great smell :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by SIBASAN

I normally stick with higher end foundations like Mac, Laura Mercier, Nars, Dior, and Bobbi Brown. But after I watched a review from Tanya burr calling it one of her best drugstore/high street favourites I had to try this. I love the coverage of this product about a medium coverage but can become full if you layer it. I partner up this product with my Laura mercier translucent loose powder and I barely need to blot during the day. Will for sure rebuy this!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by cherrryyyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this when it was on offer in boots for £6.99(?), I'd seen quite a lot of positive reviews and I thought I'd have a look to see what the hype was about. I really like the smell of this foundation, it's really fresh which adds to the whole "wake me up" idea of it (in my opinion). I feel this is a medium coverage and is really great for my dry skin because it gives it a healthy glow - it's really long lasting on my skin too. I have noticed the little glittery particles in the foundation, but it's not noticeable unless you really look hard. The glass bottle really makes this foundation feel luxurious too, although I feel if they were going to splash out on a glass bottle they could have made the packaging a little more chic. Up until I purchased this healthy mix was my favourite foundation, and although I still love it because this is a little cheaper I think I'd repurchase this over healthy mix.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I got a sample from a magazine and I was curious to try this out because a Youtube Guru (Tanya on pixi2woo) raved about it.

Background: I have dry skin on my cheeks (skin is tight but NOT flaky) and normal skin everywhere else.I am NC30 at MAC and I have relatively clear skin besides freckles and old acne marks

The sample I received was Soft Beige which was wearable for my skintone but was slightly too pink. There's only 6 shades of this foundation so I'm not sure how well this would cater to those with super pale/dark skin

I applied it with a stipplng brush and it applied pretty well. It can give you a light coverage to a full medium coverage depending on the brush/amount you use. I had a on a full medium coverage and it was still unable to cover up fully my blemishes/scar. It feels pretty light, but if you use too much/layer too much, it can end up cakey.

It has a dewy finish, which I am not a big fan of because I feel that dewy foundations don't last on my skin/isn't flattering on me. Even after I had powdered my face with MAC's Select Sheer pressed powder, I could still see some dewiness. The dewy-ness of this foundation increases after time especially when your skin starts to become oily.

While it has a dewy finish, it definitely lasted a full 12 hours on my face with no primer. It didn't move at all on my face, but I definitely looked pretty greasy.

As for the price, I'm sure it is under $10. However, I would not repurchase this foundation because 1. colour did not match me (too pink) 2. too dewy (I like matte foundations more) 3. I ended up looking like a greaseball.

I feel that this foundation would be good for those who have relatively clear skin (no scars, no blemishes), and those who have dry to really dry skin because this will provide some moisture/glow back to your skin. Those who have normal to oily/combination skin should stay away from this foundation since I doubt this would last long on oily skin. However, I had no primer when I tested this out so it might work a lot better on primer-ed skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by HeyIAmSteph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg, this is the most amazing thing. It gives my skin the most gorgeous glow and shine. Some people don't buy this foundation because of the sparkle, but once applied you can hardly see it . The name is perfect, it does actually make you look more awake. I bought 200 Soft Beige, i applied it and it was WAY to light but after about 10 minutes it settled into my skin and it was the perfect skin tone for me! I really love this product and i will forever repurchase. And also I seriously love the smell, it smells really fresh and nice, I'm obsessed, literally. I bought this from Priceline on sale for $14.95 AUD (generally $19.95 AUD) it's farely cheap for a foundation in Australia but even if it is $19.95 i'll still buy it!
Rimmel you done an amazing job on this product! 5 Lippies to you! :)
EDIT 15/03/2013: This foundation still holds number one and is amazing, if i could give it 10 lippies + I would! Amazingest foundation i've ever seen. Xx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by canadabanada

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow. I love this foundation. I never would have tried except I received a sample in a magazine. I love love it. Wears very well, all day. I have oily skin but this makes my skin glow without being shiny. Nice coverage. Doesn't settle in fines lines either. A definite must try for the price
Recently bought the full size. I am totally hooked still. Love how long it wears. Got a friend hooked on it too and we both normally like more expensive foundations

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by beths02

I personally just cant find a high street foundation that works well with my skin. Now I have heard good reviews about this foundation, so I can only comment on this based on my oily skin.
First of all it didnt blend into my skin very well, and also didnt last on the face for long at all. It felt very light, but it would just come off my face when my finger would swipe it off.