Rimmel Wake Me Up

3.7

WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIMETHICONE, CRAMBE ABYSSINICA SEED OIL, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, DIMETHICONE PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, MICA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM PCA, DIMETHICONOL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, FRAGRANCE, UREA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8, HEXYL CINNAMAL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, TOCOPHEROL, TRIACETIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BHT, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM LACTATE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am still yet to find my perfect foundation. My local chemist was having a 50% discount on rimmel London so I thought I'd give the "Wake me up" collection a go.
The colour selection is quite poor and although I got the lightest shade it was still quite darkro.
When I made the purchase I didn't realize the pump so I had been unscrewing the cap (LOL).

The foundation provided good coverage and didn't stick to any dry patches like the Revlon Color Stay I had previously been using.

Ive gone through Nars, Napoleon Perdis, Revlon, Benefit, Rimmel and still haven't found the perfect foundation... Im cool toned so ache for a yellow toned foundation that leaves a dewy glow and good coverage, if any of you ladies can point my in the right direction I would be OVER THE MOON.

on 5/15/2013 12:17:00 PM

I bought this product after reading good reviews about it so thought I would give it a try. It offers a medium coverage and is very easy to blend, using a synthetic hair brush. After about 4 hours of wear, I do need to blot slightly as I find that I can look a tad oily after this time. Overall, this is a good foundation for every day wear but I wouldn't recommend it for very oily skin types.

on 5/15/2013 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this after seeing Pixi2Woo use it in her makeup videos. I bought the shade Soft Beige, which the nearest match I could get to my NC30 skin type. The foundation was easy to blend, smelled slightly citrusy and the coverage was good. However it was so greasy! My face was very shiny by the afternoon, and even when I tried to blot it with powder the powder seemed to clump up due to the grease! Not a good look. I also think that £9 is rather expensive for a drugstore brand such as Rimmel. Not impressed.

on 5/12/2013 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this foundation for the past 3 months and I love it! It's a fairly medium coverage but buildable and leaves a lovely glow! Probably not ideal for those with oily skin though as it contains tiny specks of glitter which aren't noticable after application

on 5/11/2013 6:13:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The foundation itself is a lovely consistency, creamy and fairly easy to apply. However, I have noticed that blending requires more work than my Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation. I apply this with my fingers as I figure that the warmth from my skin will help the product melt into my skin but I end up with streaks all over my cheeks, which is a first. Often I have to go over it with a sponge and facial mist. As my skin has been rather dry lately with the change of weather in Australia, this foundation sticks to the dry, flaky patches and emphasises them, even on top of a really good moisturiser. No shimmers that I can detect under normal lighting but under specific angles and certain light, there's definitely a bit of an Edward Cullen look happening. I had such high hopes for this product especially when I heard so many people rave about it and comparing it to my previous favourite foundation (Bourjois Healthy Mix) but personally I can't say the same. The packaging is gorgeous for a drugstore product - glass bottle and bright orange cap that makes the product stand out on my vanity (albeit the cheap plastic cap is rather difficult to replace on the bottle). Can't complain about the price - it's RRP AUD$19.95 but I managed to pick it up for under $10 on ASOS whilst it was on sale. Bargain but won't be repurchasing as the product just does not do it for me. For reference I am an NC20 Asian and I wear #51 in Healthy Mix and 100 Ivory in Wake Me Up.

on 5/10/2013 4:55:00 PM

I have yet to find the right shade for my skin, sigh. The first shade I brought was (I think) Nude. I brought it in nude due to my old foundation shade being Nude (Dream Matte Mouse). This was by far way too dark for me and I had to use other products on top to make it lighter. I didn't want to waste a whole bottle of it and buy another shade, so I put up with the orange comments for a while. The next shade I brought and which I am still currently using is 2 shades lighter in Classic Beige. This is still a little too dark for my skin but is better than Nude. So the shades really need to be lighter or re-named... As for the actual foundation, I love the coverage it gives! You don't have to use much at all to give you the look you want whether it's natural or full-blown night out makeup. It can be a little oily/dewy but with a little powder over it, it soon looks fine. The packaging is okay, nothing too fancy but I do LOVE the squirter on the top, it's so much easier to apply with it being there. Overall, once I finally find my right shade, I think I will find it perfect.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I was trying heaps of foundation on in the shop and I put some of this blended out on my chin and within 15 minutes it oxidised and was coming off. The colour matched my skin perfectly And the price was around average. I liked the packaging, but it just wasn't for me.

Such a lovely foundation had been recommended by many friends and I'm glad i tried it. It was on offer in boots at the time and only £5.99! All throughout having this product it gave my skin such a flawless finish with a good medium coverage, super dewy, radiant finish and lasted really well on my skin. It was also so easy to blend making for an easy application. I'd definetly say this foundation can double as a day time and evening foundation as its dewy and natural enough for the day time but can be built up to a really good coverage for a night out.
The only slight downside is the shade range which is very limited as I can just about get away with the lightest colour, although its the perfect shade for summer.
Overall, a very cheap, natural looking, good coverage foundation with a beautiful finish :)

Well bad shade selection lightest is ivory which is too dark for me but love consistency and coverage

on 4/25/2013 12:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I normally wear high end foundations like dior nude skin, Estée Lauder double wear, mac studio sculpt and Lancôme teint miracle. This is the first drugstore foundation that I love!!! I have combination nc25 skin and I wear 200 soft beige. This doesn't makes me greasy or oxidize. It lasts 8hrs before my forehead gets oily. It gives your face the most beautiful matte glowy effect . Which sounds weird but it really does!! Your skin does literally wake up! Give this a try!