October 23, 2014 | 938 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by KatKoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have really pale (way paler than Mac NC15) skin with pink undertones. I have to say that I really like this primer. I use it over a green corrector and between the two, my skin looks radiant and beautiful, AND makeup free. I still have to cover up my under-eye circles and put make up on my eyes.

I like this primer way better than Philosophy's The Present Primer. And it is pretty cheap compared.

One thing I do not like is the packaging. I have to waste some of it every day because some of the primer in the pump dries out every night. That is annoying, but since it is cheap, it is not a huge problem.

Shine. I gets rid of shine and my face does not get oily. I have a really hard time describing the finish of this primer. It is not matte, it is not dewy, so I guess the closest is "natural." But it does not look like my natural face, because it makes my face "glow from within" if you will.

Breakouts. I have not noticed that this particular primer makes me breakout.

Skin type. I have sensitive skin, and this primer does not seem to bother me.

I would recommend it, especially to other super pale complected people!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by DivaDeLosMuertos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been using it on and off for a week or two and i've decided especially for the price I really like it! It's much less watery than Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer in Light (Haven't tried the original) and this one actually helps to fill in pores and smooth fine lines, For me anyway although I don't have bad lines I do have large pores on my cheeks. It doesnt completely get RID of them, but it does help which is all I ask since it delivers on what it says it does. It sets fast and the texture is really nice, it's sort of thick but spreads very easily. Cons: After a while it will no longer help with oil control...So if you have oily skin...You may want to second guess buying this primer. The pump is perfect, it pumps the right amount of product and it's very sanitary because no air is reaching the product so it'll last much longer than something in a jar like Benefit's Mr. Feelgood or L'Oreals Magic Perfecting Base. It's slightly scented but that doesn't bother me because you can't smell it after it's applied and its a good smell. I'll probably repurchase, i've been using this over my smashbox primer lately and it's half the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by karinaFresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this because I wanted a cheaper primer alternative for everyday use but this product has shown me that higher end primers just work a lot better for me. The packaging is really great because of the pump though.
TEXTURE:
It feels a lot like the L'oreal Studio Secrets primer, that kind of thick, pale pink, creamy-yet-almost mousse like texture. It's very silicone-feeling yet not as thick as the L'oreal. You have to use a good moisturizer with this as I find this a little hard to blend into the skin, it like sets really quickly into the area you just applied it. Also if you rub it too much, it'll drag & pill up so I don't think this primer really makes your skin feel all that soft or smooth. It leaves a tacky feeling on the skin & feels really heavy which is horrible. You can feel this product just sitting on your skin, it's not comfortable.
FINISH:
I can say it fills in lines & pores pretty nicely though probably due to the high silicone content. It leaves a matte finish & leaves your skin looking more even-toned, so initially, it looks fairly nice before you've applied makeup. Once you put on foundation I feel as if it makes the foundation look cakey, heavy, & almost pretty dried out.
WEAR:
It does make your makeup stay on longer but nothing incredible, I've had other primers do that better. It does control oil fairly well but again, nothing too amazing but better than other drugstore primers. I almost feel as if this makes your foundation wear off in a strange way. Like if someone were to rub your face, in that area, your foundation just blotches right off. So it almost wears off in patches.
OVERALL:
I like this better than the L'oreal but I don't get why this gets so many rave reviews, I think it's thick, hard to blend, heavy, tacky, & cakes your makeup. It just feels so uncomfortable on the skin & it's not like I'm applying too much.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by smurfettesg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this primer its so light and keeps my makeup fresh all day

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Esmay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am very pale. This product is very pale. And very pink! No matter how little I use, I have the faint look of calamine lotion - sort of pink chalky tint. It cuts down on my moisterizer SPF shine but better primers and/or powder do this too without all the pink. the pump container is very good. I like the Photoready liquid foundation but I will be throwing this stuff in the garbage.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by VersaillesVixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First, I should admit that when I purchased this, I thought I was getting a foundation (was so thrilled to have found a foundation that matched my skin! and yes, my skin is THAT pale). When I left and realized it was a primer, I wasn't really too disappointed, because I'd been meaning to try a primer lately anyway. Tried it just now, and I really can't tell ANY difference at all in how my makeup looks. It just felt like putting a silicone-containing lotion on my face. And for the price ($13.29 at CVS) it really needs to show a result for me to get behind it. Everyone else seems to really enjoy this product, but for me, I don't get it. I don't have particularly visible pores or wrinkles, but still. Not worth the price for me (not worth any price for me though).

**Update: After using this as a primer several times in the last few weeks, I'm convinced that this actually makes my foundation look WORSE. When I put this on under my foundation (CG Simply Ageless) it makes my skin look extremely dry and flakey. I can't figure it out. Since it seems to actually make my makeup look worse, I've cut my rating down to one, and will probably throw out the bottle despite it being nearly full-- if anyone here wants it, let me know.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by needtoread

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had high hopes for this product, but unfortunately I didn't like it at all. I am 56 years old with normal skin (very few wrinkles). I found this made my skin appear drier than it really is and although I only used a very thin layer, the primer visibly settled into the pores on my nose. I did not find it easy to apply my foundation over this primer.
I have been happy with BE Prime Time primer and I will stick with it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by alisaabby

I love this primer! I've had my share of many different kind of primers but this has been the best so far! It just makes my skin so soft and when I put it under my eyes, it makes my concealer look so good! There's not much else to say about this product other than BUY BUY BUY! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by katiek2012

I love the smell of this product. It goes on extremely smoothly, yet dries without any oily leftover. It helped my foundation stay on for much longer and blends into the skin easily. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure what I feel about this primer to be honest. I don't dislike it - it feels nice on the skin, glides on nicely and does seem to 'blur' any imperfections (mainly redness) that I have. I'm just not sure if it's a necessary step?
I have simply ENORMOUS pores, especially round my nose, and I don't find that this stops them from being visible. I am trying out lots of different foundations at the moment, and I can honestly say that none of them seem to wear or even look different enough over primer to make me purchase this again.
I like the packaging, although the pump - even on daily use - always clogs a little so when I pump some product out I have a grain of solidified primer to find and wipe away. I would prefer a tube as it would fit in my makeup bag easier, and also I could cut the end off when I get closer to the end.
Basically this is a bit of a 'meh' product for me.