Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

3.5

Dimethicone, Isododecane, Water, Trisiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Silica Silylate, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Methicone, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides , CI 77007/Ultramarines)

on 8/27/2012 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I hate it I have super dry skin and Ive always loved Revlon products but this really ruined my face it made it look so cakey dont recommend it, try the ALMAY SMARTSHADE Primer!

on 8/20/2012 12:21:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

great primer. makes my skin look so much better and more even. gives a brilliant base for my foundation and stops my make-up sliding off my face in hot weather. it also stops my pores getting clogged by the foundation which stops me from breaking out all the time. overall it makes my skin look and feel 100 times better than any other primer I've tried.

on 8/17/2012 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

If your teenage years are behind you, beware - this product is EXTREMELY mattifying (read: aging). This effect is so strong that I'm annoyed with Revlon for not mentioning it on the label. It also makes my foundation cakey and renders it unblendable, so the only way to fix things would be to remove my makeup and start all over. Fantastic packaging, very disappointing product :(

on 8/15/2012 3:25:00 AM

At first I really loved this primer. It was so smooth on my skin and did really helped to smooth out my pores. It does dry quite quickly though, and can pil and across your skin if you touch it too much after it's dried, which is a bit of a pain when you're applying your foundation.
I like the pump bottle, but there is always a little hard, unusable bit that comes out with the first pump, not exactly a life-ruiner but can be a pain if you accidentally stick it on your face instead of picking it out.
I don't think I would buy it again, but then I haven't really found anything better yet either, at least not in this price range. About to try L'Oreal Base Magique.

on 8/14/2012 2:59:00 PM

At first i loved this primer made my skin so smooth and my pores looked as if they were gone but after a week or so i started to break out :( i gave it four stars because it is a good product the packaging was great it had a pump that was easy to control and made my skin so smooth to bad it broke me out otherwise i would of repurchased

on 8/14/2012 12:41:00 AM

I really loved this primer gave me zero pores and my skin looked flawless and it made my powder foundation last soooo long!!! I was in makeup heaven!! But then I got a bump, then another and another. This stuff broke me out and my skin rarely breaks out, I think it is because the heavy silicones in but I still am so sad!!! I really loved this stuff!! I have a ton left and it makes me quite depressed :( !!! But at least I tried it!! I gave it 5 stars for what it did FOR my skin not what it did TO it. I really did like it but I should have used it in moderation and not everyday so I suggest that you do a test run with this stuff because I don't want you to get broken out too! :(

on 8/11/2012 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I needed a primer fast and the only luxury makeup stores near me at the time were miles away. I quickly used Google for "best drugstore primer" and got my butt to Walgreens to purchase this. The packaging is nice... a glass bottle and an easy-to-use pump. It initially goes on very smooth and velvety- makes your skin feel really nice. I have a bit of acne and I felt some of it smooth over. It, however, did not make my foundation go on any better than if I were to not use it. It also left pores visible and my makeup caked around my nose. This could be because I was pairing it with Revlon's PhotoReady foundation... not sure... (desperate times call for desperate measures!). I will use a higher quality foundation with this primer and edit my review.

on 8/10/2012 12:53:00 PM

Medium Tan Asian, yellow undertones
Mac Foundation Shade NC35, C4
Combination Skin, oily at t-zone & dry at cheeks

I always apply this only on my t-zone area, as my cheeks, as listed above, as very dry and I don't feel the need of primer on them. This product works great, allowing a nice application of foundation, as well as a great wearing time, letting my foundation stay on my skin for a long time. However, when I first used the product, I was shocked at how weird it smelt. I actually believed I was sticking on clay or play-dough on my face, thanks to the odd industrial scent that it has to it. I like the packaging as a whole, but not the way the tip works (where the product comes out). Every time I use the product, I have to press down on the pump a little bit to get rid of the approx. 3mm of hardened or solidified product at the tip of the pump, and throw it out in the bin, then re-pump to apply on my face. Other than these cons, I like this product, and I think I would buy the product again, as I love the price of it!

on 8/7/2012 6:24:00 AM

This has been my favorite primer for a while now. I'm really impressed with it considering I've tried Lorac, Smashbox, MAC prep & prime, plain aloe vera gel, and a few other high end ones with no real luck or change. This primer mattifies my face and greatly reduces the number of times I have to blot over the course of a day which is wonderful. No one wants to be a slave to blotting sheets or powder to get through the day. I have combination skin but this summer has been so humid, I've been oilier than usual and this has been a saving grace for me. It comes in two shades (001.002) and is in pump form. It's creamy and applies smoothly. It retails for around $10 @ Walmart.

on 8/1/2012 7:25:00 PM

I have tried different primers before and it is the first primer that I really see the difference. The texture of the primer is quite creamy and very easy to apply. I noticed that using this primer makes the pores on my cheeks less noticeable and my skin also looks better.
It does not have any strong scent, which is good for me.
Does not break me out, but again I do not have sensitive skin.
I am not sure if this helps with the lasting power of my makeup. But, anything that makes me look better is a plus! Would definitely recommend this to others. One of my favorite primer so far.