Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

3.5

Dimethicone, Isododecane, Water, Trisiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Silica Silylate, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Methicone, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides , CI 77007/Ultramarines)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I find this to be a very nice, but basic primer. It gives nice smooth base for foundation application, and helps makeup last longer.
I don't like that when it's first applied, it gives you that kind of, "poreless" look, but after a few hours that poreless look slowly fades away :( I also don't find it to be *incredibly* mattifying, but it's not bad, and it doesn't add to my oilies which is important for me. (I feel it's much better than the L'oreal Studio Secrets one though, in my experience at least ;D)
But I recently found my HG primer (I have very oily skin & have found that Biore UV Face Milk + a mix of aloe gel & silica powder mattifies me beautifully) So this had made it's way to the back of my makeup stash for several months until just 1-2 wks ago. I brought it back out to give it another go before deciding if I wanted to pass it along to my mother or not (she & I share cosmetics often :D)
Not long ago someone on the MakeUpBoard reccomended using silicone based primers over TOP of foundation for a matte/poreless kind of look, so I gave it a go with this & was SO pleased with the results!! My face stayed matte much longer than it normally would have, my face looked poreless for a lot longer, and my overall makeup look lasted longer as well :) So needless to say I've decided to keep this primer & use it for that purpose, and I'm quite happy with my decision!
I love the pump bottle (gotta love anything with a pump) as well as the fact that this has caused no breakouts or clogged pores for me (That's always a big issue for me as I have very finicky skin) I just don't care for how bulky the pump bottle is.. ugh it's impossible for travel and also immediately after purchasing, the lid popped off and hasn't fit correctly back on ever since..It won't stay on so I had to use electrical tape to tape the back side of the cap down, then I can lift up the front where the pump is to dispense product.
I also decanted some into a 1 oz travel container to keep in my purse for touch ups. Just get a small amount on the tip of your finger or a wedge sponge and apply(dab) to oily areas -works like magic! ;)
It's a *tad* on the pricey side for "drugstore", but Revlon is one of the more expensive drugstore brands, and you get a large amount of product and a pump bottle for your money. I paid right around $10 USD for this and feel it's well worth it :)
Overall I do think that this is one of the better (if not the best) overall drugstore primer. From the US Drugstores I like Black Radiance's Complexion Perfecting primer for mattifying, but it does nothing for my jumbo pores.. And I like this one for blurring my large pores, and it's also good for mattifying me in the fall/winter, but when the weather becomes hot/humid in my area(June,July, August) then this one doesn't do much for my oil control.. So overall, I give it 4 lippies and do plan to repurchase. It's not my "holy grail", but it is pretty darn good, ESPECIALLY for camoflauging large pores over makeup! ;)

on 8/31/2012 3:11:00 AM

Well, hello my new best friend!! Ladies, I have very very oily skin, I mean, so oily that 10mins after I get out the shower, my face is a grease fest! I use Decleor ylang ylang serum, decleor mattifying toner, and eucerin q10 and this my face will be grease free for up to 10hrs (summer time I blot once). This little gem here is absolutely superb! Not only to keeps my face grease free but it also helps me cover any redness goin on my face. I love this so much I have 4 back ups just in case revlon decides to discontinue it (u know how often that happens). This is far better than any HE brand i've bought. Buy it! Promise u won't regret it.

on 8/29/2012 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Pricey for a drugstore product, but it works well. I have yet to find a primer I love, but this one is doing a fair job while I keep looking. Its oil-control isn't great , have yet to find one that is, but it really smooths out my skin and fills my pores, making application of foundation really easy. If you're used to thin primers, this one can feel initially heavy bc it's thicker. One pump is all I need for my entire face. One other issue I have w it is that bc it is initially mattifying, it seems to make my foundation show up lighter in coloring that it normally looks on my skin or on other primers. This is not a biggie for me bc I wear bronzer on top of my foundation, but others might want to keep it in mind.

on 8/27/2012 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I hate it I have super dry skin and Ive always loved Revlon products but this really ruined my face it made it look so cakey dont recommend it, try the ALMAY SMARTSHADE Primer!

on 8/20/2012 12:21:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

great primer. makes my skin look so much better and more even. gives a brilliant base for my foundation and stops my make-up sliding off my face in hot weather. it also stops my pores getting clogged by the foundation which stops me from breaking out all the time. overall it makes my skin look and feel 100 times better than any other primer I've tried.

on 8/17/2012 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

If your teenage years are behind you, beware - this product is EXTREMELY mattifying (read: aging). This effect is so strong that I'm annoyed with Revlon for not mentioning it on the label. It also makes my foundation cakey and renders it unblendable, so the only way to fix things would be to remove my makeup and start all over. Fantastic packaging, very disappointing product :(

on 8/15/2012 3:25:00 AM

At first I really loved this primer. It was so smooth on my skin and did really helped to smooth out my pores. It does dry quite quickly though, and can pil and across your skin if you touch it too much after it's dried, which is a bit of a pain when you're applying your foundation.
I like the pump bottle, but there is always a little hard, unusable bit that comes out with the first pump, not exactly a life-ruiner but can be a pain if you accidentally stick it on your face instead of picking it out.
I don't think I would buy it again, but then I haven't really found anything better yet either, at least not in this price range. About to try L'Oreal Base Magique.

on 8/14/2012 2:59:00 PM

At first i loved this primer made my skin so smooth and my pores looked as if they were gone but after a week or so i started to break out :( i gave it four stars because it is a good product the packaging was great it had a pump that was easy to control and made my skin so smooth to bad it broke me out otherwise i would of repurchased

on 8/14/2012 12:41:00 AM

I really loved this primer gave me zero pores and my skin looked flawless and it made my powder foundation last soooo long!!! I was in makeup heaven!! But then I got a bump, then another and another. This stuff broke me out and my skin rarely breaks out, I think it is because the heavy silicones in but I still am so sad!!! I really loved this stuff!! I have a ton left and it makes me quite depressed :( !!! But at least I tried it!! I gave it 5 stars for what it did FOR my skin not what it did TO it. I really did like it but I should have used it in moderation and not everyday so I suggest that you do a test run with this stuff because I don't want you to get broken out too! :(

on 8/11/2012 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I needed a primer fast and the only luxury makeup stores near me at the time were miles away. I quickly used Google for "best drugstore primer" and got my butt to Walgreens to purchase this. The packaging is nice... a glass bottle and an easy-to-use pump. It initially goes on very smooth and velvety- makes your skin feel really nice. I have a bit of acne and I felt some of it smooth over. It, however, did not make my foundation go on any better than if I were to not use it. It also left pores visible and my makeup caked around my nose. This could be because I was pairing it with Revlon's PhotoReady foundation... not sure... (desperate times call for desperate measures!). I will use a higher quality foundation with this primer and edit my review.

Popular Primer/ Correctors