December 19, 2014 | 821 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Elsie91

I got this full size as a free trial from Revlon, I found that it gave my skin a chalky, dusty, thick appearance in return for 'photo ready' make up, it smells strange - not really obvious and gross but not great. Gives good coverage but makes my skin look gross, the day I first used it I had to cover my face in the remains of a loreal youth code primer over the top (with foundation) to hide the chalky texture because otherwise I would have been late for work!

Wouldn't buy it, expensive for what it is, gives matte, chalky skin not luminous or fresh looking. Packaging is nice - but overall wouldn't have paid for ir - and glad I didn't!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by hii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was way too expensive for a drugstore product! This is a good product but it just isnt for me. It actually made me more shiny which is odd because this doesn't contain oil. This works best for dry or normal skin types and I have an oily t-zone. I kept my makeup on well though! It just couldn't control my shine. The packaging is great, the pump dispenses a good amount of primer. I love the consistency and smell of this! If your skin isn't oily TRY THIS. It's a great drugstore primer, just not for my skintype (:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by leenee101

Oh my goodness. I read the rave reviews and decided to try this out, and now I understand why everyone loves it so much. IT IS BRILLIANT! I've only ever used 1 primer before (Rimmel's one in 002, can't remember the name) but I've tried samples of L'oreal's base, Smashbox, and a few more. This one was amazing! With L'oreal's I found it to be too thick, Rimmel's peeled if i rubbed my face even a little, but not this one! Creamy, extremely blendable, fills lines reduces pores, and it makes my skin feel soooooooo soft! I would definitely compare this to Smashbox in terms of how the skin feels, and omg the way it makes my foundation look is incredible. I was turned off of primers after Rimmel, but I'm so glad I found this one. But I have to agree with a couple of previous reviewers, the price is a little high for a drugstore brand >< But, because it takes only a little to go a long way, I will definitely repurchase.

One thing to note, there is a slight scent that is kind of like a diluted version of the Colossal mascara scent (that rosy, sickly smell) but it really isn't too bad if you don't use too much. I really had to put my nose on my hand (where I swatched it) to get to the smell,and I have a pretty sensitive nose. Oh, and as a side note, you know how some makeup bottles have pumps that are hard to work? Like, you'll try so hard to press as carefully as possible but no matter what you do a huge blob comes out? Well guess what? THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN HERE! O.O and THAT is the icing on the cake lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Different primers work well with different foundation formulas. I really like this with mineral powder foundation. I don't like it under liquid foundation (at least the one I am currently using). I don't think it keeps the liquid foundation as fresh as a more heavy slicone primer. I don't like this when worn alone because I feel it makes my skin look slightly paler than it is. Still, I'm giving this 4 lippies because it works very well in conjunction with my mineral foundation. The consistancy reminds me of MUFE HD primer, only this is less money. Speaking of the price, it actually is a bit high for a drugstore product in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by fallen46

Love this! Kept oil at bay and prolonged my makeup. Repurchase? No. Severely clogged my pores. I had little bumped all over my face that would turn into white heads if I didn't get around to extracting them. Very said because I love this so, but I would rather have clear skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by galcapsfan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am starting to really appreciate this primer now. When you first put it on, it feels like you are a pore less god or something! Even your skin does look better without any makeup. The packaging is fantastic, you never waste product but the only complaint I have is sometimes a little tiny drop dries in the pump so next time you use you have this hard little bump of primer in your otherwise creamy consistency. I think it does help my makeup stay on longer, but the thing is your foundation has to agree with this. If it doesn't your screwed. But the powder foundation I love does agree with this so its all good. The only thing I have found that it doesn't agree with is L'Oreal true match powder, but that may be because the powder just isn't that good. Overall I really like it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by sarahcoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Good primer. Better than many high end brands I've tried. Not a lot of product, but I do makeup so often things run out quickly. The packaging is AWFUL. You'll have to break the top off once you're halfway through the container. Probably won't buy again since there are more things out there to be tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by KatKoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have really pale (way paler than Mac NC15) skin with pink undertones. I have to say that I really like this primer. I use it over a green corrector and between the two, my skin looks radiant and beautiful, AND makeup free. I still have to cover up my under-eye circles and put make up on my eyes.

I like this primer way better than Philosophy's The Present Primer. And it is pretty cheap compared.

One thing I do not like is the packaging. I have to waste some of it every day because some of the primer in the pump dries out every night. That is annoying, but since it is cheap, it is not a huge problem.

Shine. I gets rid of shine and my face does not get oily. I have a really hard time describing the finish of this primer. It is not matte, it is not dewy, so I guess the closest is "natural." But it does not look like my natural face, because it makes my face "glow from within" if you will.

Breakouts. I have not noticed that this particular primer makes me breakout.

Skin type. I have sensitive skin, and this primer does not seem to bother me.

I would recommend it, especially to other super pale complected people!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by DivaDeLosMuertos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been using it on and off for a week or two and i've decided especially for the price I really like it! It's much less watery than Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer in Light (Haven't tried the original) and this one actually helps to fill in pores and smooth fine lines, For me anyway although I don't have bad lines I do have large pores on my cheeks. It doesnt completely get RID of them, but it does help which is all I ask since it delivers on what it says it does. It sets fast and the texture is really nice, it's sort of thick but spreads very easily. Cons: After a while it will no longer help with oil control...So if you have oily skin...You may want to second guess buying this primer. The pump is perfect, it pumps the right amount of product and it's very sanitary because no air is reaching the product so it'll last much longer than something in a jar like Benefit's Mr. Feelgood or L'Oreals Magic Perfecting Base. It's slightly scented but that doesn't bother me because you can't smell it after it's applied and its a good smell. I'll probably repurchase, i've been using this over my smashbox primer lately and it's half the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by karinaFresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this because I wanted a cheaper primer alternative for everyday use but this product has shown me that higher end primers just work a lot better for me. The packaging is really great because of the pump though.
TEXTURE:
It feels a lot like the L'oreal Studio Secrets primer, that kind of thick, pale pink, creamy-yet-almost mousse like texture. It's very silicone-feeling yet not as thick as the L'oreal. You have to use a good moisturizer with this as I find this a little hard to blend into the skin, it like sets really quickly into the area you just applied it. Also if you rub it too much, it'll drag & pill up so I don't think this primer really makes your skin feel all that soft or smooth. It leaves a tacky feeling on the skin & feels really heavy which is horrible. You can feel this product just sitting on your skin, it's not comfortable.
FINISH:
I can say it fills in lines & pores pretty nicely though probably due to the high silicone content. It leaves a matte finish & leaves your skin looking more even-toned, so initially, it looks fairly nice before you've applied makeup. Once you put on foundation I feel as if it makes the foundation look cakey, heavy, & almost pretty dried out.
WEAR:
It does make your makeup stay on longer but nothing incredible, I've had other primers do that better. It does control oil fairly well but again, nothing too amazing but better than other drugstore primers. I almost feel as if this makes your foundation wear off in a strange way. Like if someone were to rub your face, in that area, your foundation just blotches right off. So it almost wears off in patches.
OVERALL:
I like this better than the L'oreal but I don't get why this gets so many rave reviews, I think it's thick, hard to blend, heavy, tacky, & cakes your makeup. It just feels so uncomfortable on the skin & it's not like I'm applying too much.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No