April 19, 2014 | 1665 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by allthingsmakeupnbeauty

like most reviews on this product, i also like it. my previous primer to this was loreals primer in the little jar. the formula was ok however it recently started to curl up on my skin causing my foundation to flake in certain areas. plus i hated the jar it came in. this primer comes in a convenient and sanitary bottle with a pump like the foundations in the same photoready line do. theres a lot of product for the price you pay. i have oily skin all over and i noticed that after applying my olay moisturizer for sensitive skin after washing my face in the morning, i have this slightly shiny look all over my face. however once i apply this primer on after the moisturizer i noticed an immediate mattifying appearing right away. it glides on really smoothly. one pump covers my entire face. i have acne prone skin but so far it hasn't broken me out. i've only been using this for a week so i'll update again if anything changes on that part. i don't notice any obnoxious smell either. so far i'm loving this primer. my previous HG face primer was from victoria's secret the pro FX one i think that was what it was called. it use to be $12 but they've since jacked up the price to $18 for the same size bottle. =( since then i've been looking for a new primer and now i think i've found my new go to primer. *love* they price was $13.50 at but i had a $3 OFF coupon so i paid under $10 for is which isn't bad at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by boopipoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first primer I've purchased. I used to just use Le-Roche Posey Daily Mattifying Moisturizer which did what a primer should do (It was wonderful). Curious of primers I purchased this one. I think a pump is too much so I use 3/4 a pump. Spread evenly it had the slight effect of airbrushing. Smells like bread dough. Does what it needs to do. Haven't had breakouts or anything but I have fairly nice skin to start. And I don't use it with foundation. Usually just on it's own with some blush or with BB cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by romarin

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been looking for a primer that would fill in my largish pores and smallish wrinkles. I have tried MANY, but none work as well as this. It's not as slippery as some, and you need to blend it FAST, but it transforms my skin into the perfect canvas for my foundation (my preferred: Armani, but this primer will help any foundation adhere better.) Nice price too (ten something at WalMart.) Everything is good about this product...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by poivreotti

This stuff is great!
My previous HG was L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base, because it filled in my acne scars well and made my face feel so smooth. I found that primer too heavy, and didn't like dipping my fingers in the pot.

I came across this primer at Wal*Mart and decided to buy it because it was around $10CDN which was about $2-3 cheaper than the L'Oreal primer, but felt the same when I put some on the back of my hand.

I was right. This is like a lighter version of the L'Oreal primer. Its pump bottle design is a neat feature and thankfully it holds a lot of product and the packaging is really nice for a drugstore item. It does not cover the acne scars (read: pitted) as well as the L'Oreal, so I think I will purchase that again to just use on my scars, but I will use this primer everywhere else. It lets your foundation adhere to your skin beautifully. It controls my oil better than any other primer I have tried, which is a major plus for me. (FYI, I have tried these other primers: NARS, Benefit, Smashbox Photofinish and Photofinish Light, Rimmel [it comes out in an orange colour], Laura Mercier hydrating)

It gives a slightly whitish cast to the skin upon application, but you will be putting foundation/powder on top anyways, for colour. It doesn't do much to "prime" the skin around any dry patches you may have, at least not for me. Sometimes I will have some dryness around any recent acne spots, and this product doesn't really help in that way. But I won't knock off points for that.

All in all, this has become a staple in my makeup stash because it feels great, controls oil, and is very affordable.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What can I say......I am pleasantly surprised. After trying a bunch of high end primers (my last straw was with Hourglass), I was disappointed time and again, but I have to say, I really like this primer! The only drawback is that this primer does contain silicones and I am worried about cosmetic acne, but so far so good and no breakouts. Easy to apply the primer and then easy to apply concealer and mineral makeup and bronzer. Makes my makeup stay on most of the day too!

Oh and a PUMP too! Big, big plus.....bravo Revlon.

EDIT: So after wearing this for awhile now, and while this is a great primer, silicone primers just don't work for me and cause me to break out a little. I will still continue to use this for special occasions (dates, night out, holidays), but I just cannot wear primers in general that contain silicone every day. Interestingly enough, however, I use Tarte TM which also contains Dimethicone and it has not broken me out at all, so who really knows why this primer broke me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by phoenix76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I read the reviews here- thank you ladies- and bought this with great expectations. I am VERY glad that I did, and I do believe this may be another gamechanger from Revlon. I think that the original launch of the Photoready liquid foundation was a game changer. It may not work for everyone but it definitely leveled the playing field. I have tried lots of primers. From L'oreal, Rimmel and Revlon...to MAC prep+prime, Mary Kay and Clinique...and on and on. Some were good and some were not worth the printing on the packaging. But most importantly, there was always something lacking in these formulas. None were just right. Well here is a primer that, for me, is close to perfect. Let me just say, I live day in and day out with a t-zone courtesy of Wesson cooking oil, pores so large they are downright vulgar and a cystic kind of acne that I must wrestle to the ground or it would have my entire life in shambles. (But you would never know it to look at me because I fight it like a marine. I prefer the model-like airbrushed look. Skin be damned.) ...........The packaging is exactly identical to the Photoready liquid foundation except its a little taller. So it is sleek and modern with the benefit of a hygenic pump. BRAVO.....it comes in two shades. 001 looks white in the bottle and applies colorless. This is the shade I bought. 002 looks pink in the bottle and is a color-correcting primer and I have not tried that yet. Shade 001 has the texture of a dry lotion. It does not have the texture of weightless putty like so many primers. It spreads over the skin easily and smoothly. I use my fingertips to warm it up and I massage it over the skin for even application. I would prefer this method to using a brush with this primer. Both the feel and the finish of this are smooth and satin-matte. I apply a lightweight moisterizer-an oil-free/oil absorbing one if its moist and humid, or a botanical one with natural oils ( and still very lightweight ) if the air is dry. After this I apply the primer and my moisterizers do not interfere with the performance of this primer one bit. This primer keeps my foundation and everything else in place for the ENTIRE day. This is the deal breaker for me as most foundations, even "high-end", melt off and migrate around my face terribly. Not with this primer. It DOES give my foundation a smoother appearrance and that is a plus. I bought this and decided to RE-try the Photoready liquid foundation (Caramel). It is perfect for me...exact shade match, doesn't oxidize, realistic undertones, beautiful satin finish. It simply would not LAST and I was heartbroken. Let me just say again that I believe this primer is a GAMECHANGER. This keeps my beloved Photoready foundation in place all day whereas before I couldn't keep it on three hours and it was running away from me. This primer also keeps a lot of the T-zone oil at bay for me. I only have to powder my nose every 6-8 hours or so. (High humidity may require more frequency and i will soon see.) I find that i keep that satin finish throughout the day all over my face...as upposed to a satin face/oil spill of a T-zone. Lots of companies have made me lots of promises regarding their primers. Revlon has actually DELIVERED for me...and on the most important points: A. I need my foundation to last the ENTIRE day. B. I need it to control oil to SOME degree. I am not asking for a miracle with the oil issue ladies, but I simply canNOT continue temporarily BLINDING decent people as I approach them. This primer has not irritated my attitudinal skin, not in the least. It cost 14 dollars and I am thrilled. I have been searching for a decent primer for over a year now. Game. Set. And Match. (In the primer department.)

32 out of 35 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by allison41

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this primer! I used it after my moisturizer and before foundation. Loved the way it made my skin look. It gave me a beautiful matte finish and my makeup went on better over this. I would also use this on its own with no makeup. Love the pump bottle, and a little goes a long way with this. I got it for around $10 at Ulta (with a coupon) and would definitely repurchase. Give it a try :D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by zamaa

This stuff is great, it makes my skin look like porcelain and feels like silk when you're putting it on. I have very oily skin and this makes me instantly matte and gives me a good 5-6hrs of no shine. I don't use foundation, just powder so not really sure how it works on keeping foundation on. I love this stuff and will keep using it as long as they make it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by ctat07

smoothed out my skin better than my smashbox photo finish light, mattfied decently , pretty inexpensive for a primer but it had a weird fragrence, almost like beer, didnt like it. after a few hours my face was a bit shiny but it was actually sticky which i dont like but its better than a pool of oil. maybe i need to try a different setting powder over this primer

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by poncholefty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate when products work wonders but do bad things to my skin. This REALLY evens out my tone. I was shocked when I applied it the first time - it was my skin, but Photoshopped. That's what they should call this - Photoshop in a bottle. I'm very lucky to have pretty good skin, but it can use just a little help. This was the right amount of help. But after two days - I started breaking out. Damn! If you can get away with it, I'd say use this. It makes your skin look wonderful. It won't work for me, so I'll have it up for swap once I get my swap shop set up. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No