October 31, 2014 | 1592 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by laurelwatanabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like this American BB a lot, I'm half Japanese but the Asian BB's are too grey for me. This BB has a high SPF which I love, I have combination skin oily T zone and dry cheeks, it keeps my T zone matte and doesn't dry out my cheeks or cake up on them. Coverage is moderate, enough to cover my redness and purplish flat acne scars with one coat and doesn't end up looking heavy or unnatural like I think a lot of foundations end up looking. The price is high for the amount but a little goes a long way and it provides more coverage than the other BB's I've tried, Clinique, Too Faced, Garnier, Skin 79. I don't skip my moisturizer but I do skip primer, sun screen, concealer and foundation so a big time and money saver I'll purchase again. I'm a NW35 and wear light/medium for reference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

This is one of the better performing BB Creams that I've tried out. It doesn't give me that grayish cast that a lot of western BB creams tend to do. Even though I liked it, I feel like this performed a lot like a tinted moisturizer though so I'm not sure what is so special about it yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Emim05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of the smash box bb cream in light at Ulta. It is amazing! It is like a foundation, primer, etc And a little bit goes a long way.

I usually have to lotion, prime, foundation, veil, blush.
With this product (I was suppose to use lotion before but I didnt') I just put it on. It's thick like a tinted moisturizer but covered my red and (non-whithead) acne like a foundation and powder.

I still see my acne but without the redness. My skin feels silky smooth with this product on. When my sample runs out I am definately going to puchase.

It's $39.00 at Ulta. I say the price is a 3 because no it's not a $10 drugstore brand but it's also not a $50+ department store cream.

I think if you don't need lots of coverage (wrinkles or giant acne) and just want something quick to throw on before you run out the door this is it! Otherwise this would make an awesome product to go under your mineral makeup or a powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by dpmsll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Color: NC30, ELDW 'Tawny'

I bought this bb cream in light. I actually like this product..days when i need more coverage i put this under my foundation. With one layer of this it conceals my blemishes pretty damn good. It makes my skin look really dewy even under my full coverage foundation. It makes my skin really supple and soft. I really like this product. This is my first bb cream I've ever tried. Some say its not and its more like a tinted moisturizer. Whatever it is... i like. It is really quite expensive..at $39.00. I ELDW foundation retails for $36.00. Conceals my red acne spots real good! i would definitely repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by LTETobago

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So someone raved about this on YT as being better thatn the Maybelline BB cream. She stated that it was more like a foundation and gave a matte finish. My opinion is it does give a matte finish but if I wanted a foundation I would buy one. Although this cream does look great when it goes on, I found that it did not last all day. It probably lasted about 5 hours used with my MSFN. I didnt expect it either. I looked at my face throughout the day and I looked like I just woke up. Thank goodness I just got a free Sample and did not buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 8:35:00 AM More reviews by sweetteaxo

This bb cream has to be one of the best ones I've ever tried! For those reading this remember bb cream isn't meant to give you full-on coverage but to provide skin benefits and give you that 'natural' look anywhere!

The formula is thick and 'balm-like', its very smooth and easy to blend.

It moisturises, primes, perfects, protects and controls oil, it has SPF 35 and a variety of basic colours to choose from.

It does controls my oil, hasn't broke me out (its non-acnegenic), no fragrance and dermatologist tested.

Remember bb creams are AMAZING for girls who have decent skin, want light weight feel, little coverage but more of skin benefits and just a on the go look.

THIS IS HEAVEN IN A BOTTLE!

It works well for me and a little goes a long way, a size of a pea is all you need! Use your foundation brush, then blend with fingers for a seamless look!

The packaging is alright, not cute but professional and classy looking. It'll be a lot more better if it had a little tube so its very precise when it comes out.

But I do recommend it and remember its a bb cream NOT a foundation.

Hope this was helpful! Xox

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by deanna424

The coverage wasn't quite good enough for me- I could still see red spots. Also it felt a little dry in some areas. I had to mix 2 colors to get a shade that matched my skin well. It didn't seem worth purchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by OhRandi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this.. By itself, it settled in under my eyes and in my laugh lines. It felt thick on my face, but didn't offer a lot of coverage for how thick it felt. BUT, with primer underneath and setting powder on top, I actually really liked it and it held up amazingly well in this scorching weather we had this summer. I was quite surprised. My skin is so dry, that it over oils itself. This cream seemed unphased by my excess oil, as it showed up on a blotting sheet that I used out of curiousity but my face never looked shiny. I honestly thought I'd have no oil on the sheet. It was well hidden. And for that, I will keep it in my makeup bag, maybe for emergencies or in a pinch. Probably won't buy again, unless I have the cash to throw around.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by wildcat87

I LOVE this product. It's really easy to use, it blends well, and it stays put. It photograph really well too, because my skin/make-up look 150% better when I use it. Humidity is brutal in my area and it stayed put through my sweatfest. It's very natural looking and putting this on with some tinted lip balm is my favorite look. I honestly don't see a big difference from my skin in person when I initially put it on though, but as the day goes on I think something about body heat makes it blend better or something. It doesn't provide full coverage, so please don't expect a miracle cream. I have pretty good skin (only one or two cystic acne hormonal breakouts), but the few discoloration spots I have aren't completely masked...just slightly less noticeable. But I like how light-feeling it is compared to other foundations. I wish it came in more colors because I think I'm a bit more yellow that the light-medium shade is, but it works well enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by koen0126

This is my first try with a BB cream. I went to sephora after researching a bunch of the brands on this site and others and tried a bunch of them on the back of my hand. Most of them were way too light and I don't consider myself super tan or anything. I liked that smashbox offered their BB creams in multiple shades so when I lose color in the winter I can go lighter. I have actually seen improvement in my skin since first using this product a week or two ago. I recomend this to everyone I meet!