Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

3.2

Talc, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, Diisostearyl Malate, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil / Huile Minerale, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Phenoxyethanol,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 6, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77120 / Barium Sulfate, CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake]

on 9/2/2012 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought this when I purchased the Dream Fresh BB Cream and oooooh lordy! I loved it at first but it was a pain to apply. When I was using it it just felt like bubblegum chunks. Its a cute concept but they are not very pigmented. If you are going to uses this you should definitely set it with a powder blush for it to last longer and add more color. Also, my skin isn't very pimple prone but it was breaking my cheeks out! After a week or two of wearing this I noticed little zits and I threw it out. I have normal to dry skin and I definitely would not recommend this for someone with oily skin.The price was not great for a drugstore brand either! And its TINY. I'll give it a 1 because I did like how it looked in the beginning.

Pretty much: its not long wearing, not pigmented enough, it broke me out, it was a little pricey for a drugstore blush and you don't get very much.

Although the unique idea and the way they present it is enticing, the actual blush itself doesn't work very well. Although the color is nice, it doesn't last long on my skin. Also, the blush itself is a weird mixture between powder and cream, which you can't apply with a brush. However, if you try to use your fingers it'll dent the strangely textured formula (which, by the way, isn't bouncy at all).

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this -- the idea seemed fun, but it was just a gimmick and a disappointment.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

When I bought this, I thought it was a powder blush. I'm not into cream blushes at all. So I was disappointed when I opened it and realized it was a creme. This is a super weird texture, the second I touched the blush it almost deflated. It got super flat. I tried to take some out with my finger and it is super thick in texture, although it's smooth...it's hard to describe. The color is absolutely horrendous. No color payoff. I got a fairly bright color and it hardly even showed up. In order to get this to show, you'd have to layer it, and then you're gonna look super cakey because of this consistency. Such a waste of money.

on 8/31/2012 12:37:00 PM

All of the reviews are correct, this is not a very pigmented product, but I don't believe it is advertised that way. I have VERY fair skin and have a hard time finding a blush that isn't too overpowering. Dream Bouncy blush, with it's lack of deep pigment is just right (although, lets be serious, the name is ridiculous). I usually apply with a makeup sponge because it seems to apply more evenly. The packaging is. . . meh.

on 8/31/2012 12:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I liked this blush when first applied , but I just don't think it lasted long for me

on 8/27/2012 10:39:00 AM

This blush wasn't really anything special but I liked it for some reasons. It gave a good color, not too bright but a nice subtle look. I find that the cheaper blush does the exact same thing but it's harder to find the right color. I would recommend this, but only to people that don't mind spending more money then they have to.

on 8/27/2012 9:37:00 AM

Okay, I like these cream blushes. I have 2 of these (Peach Satin and Pink Frosting) and they are pretty much your standard cream blush. The texture is like play-dough, and to apply I swirl my finger in a circle on top of the blush, then dot on my cheeks and blend. I think the pigmentation is good, so not sure what others are talking about. My 2 colors go on plenty pigmented, in fact they are quite bright on my skin. I have fair skin though, so maybe that makes a difference. I would say if your skin is Medium color or darker, go for one of the more vivid colors. Anyway, the Pink Frosting is a nice neutral pink, and the Peach Satin is actually a pink-peach not a true peach. I like both colors and wear them a lot. So for $7.00, I'd buy them again because the colors are very pretty and the staying power is good. Plus the color does not migrate or settle into the fine lines on my 40 year old skin (yay for ageing!). I think I may go back and try the Candy Coral color, as I'm hoping to add more of a peachy color to my cream blush collection.
EDIT:
*** Okay, I am editing this and bumping the rating up to 5 stars because I have since purchased the Bouncy Blush in the color "Coffee Cake" .... And oh my goodness it's gorgeous! On my fair skin it is a beautiful bronzed rose color. Perfect dupe for NARS Lovejoy! I have and love NARS Lovejoy, and this Coffee Cake is just as beautiful! Even more so because it is so luminous and glowy (being a cream not powder). LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! Bouncy Blushes get 5 stars from me just for Coffee Cake!

I seriously ran to the store when this product came out. I was soon to be disappointed. This product is not even "bouncy". It has little to no pigmentation and is hard to blend. It's kind of a shame since all the blushes in this collection are beautiful and unique colors. And for $8? So not worth it.

on 8/25/2012 10:57:00 PM

When I first bought this, I thought it would be like a cream blush, but as I began using it, I became disappointed. I tried to stay positive and I kept using it, but the color would never build and I made a huge mess trying to get alot of product. I then thought that maybe it was because I was using my hands instead of a sponge or brush, but that didn't work either. Maybe other people will have better luck.

on 8/22/2012 5:14:00 PM

I'm really disappointed in this product. . . It's the first cream blush I've ever tried as well. The texture feels really weird. . It broke me out and It only lasted maybe 4 hours? :\ The packaging was really simple and I've dropped it a few times and it broke. I paid $10 for crap.. Not satisfied at all Maybelline! :c

Pros:
-You can use you're hands

Cons:
-Small amount for the price you pay!
-Breaks me out
-Not long lasting

So do not waste you're money on this crap. c:

Popular Blush Products