Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

4.4

on 4/19/2012 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Love the lip butters. I have several of them. This was the first one I bought. Great everyday color.
If I were to have any complaints, it would be that the formula is very soft. Since we're approaching summer, I'd be very afraid to carry these butters in my purse. Currently, pink truffle stays in my desk at work and I reapply a few times a day as it wears off.

on 4/16/2012 9:09:00 PM

I'm going to sound like a total infomercial during this review, but I urge all of you ladies to try this out for yourself before deciding whether these lip butters live up to the hype--because for me, they certainly do!

Pink Truffle is the only lip butter I own, however, I believe that it is possibly the only one I'll ever need. It is absolutely THE perfect MLBB color on me, I cannot tell you how long I have searched for such a product. Most others I have tried and expected to be a nice MLBB have turned out too brown, too orange, or too red.

This is the perfect pinky-rose-with-a-hint-of-brown shade. It's almost too great to describe. The tiniest hint of brown keeps it looking natural and soft and great for everyday. It brightens up my entire face and makes me look more awake (for reference, I am NC30-35).

Revlon lip butters are a hybrid lip product in my opinion--the pigment of a lipstick, the feel and glide of a balm, and the shine of a gloss, though Pink Truffle has slightly less shimmer than I have seen in others.

I've seen it for around $7-8 in any drugstore, and some are complaining about this "high" price for what is more or less a tinted lipbalm. However, I would not put these lip butters in that category. It is far too pigmented to be classified as just a tinted lipbalm.

The packaging is adorable, with a quilted pattern all over the cap and I love how you can actually see the color from the little window at the top of the cap. Props to Revlon for clever packaging and marketing--anything with BUTTER in it I WILL TAKE.

Give these a try, you won't be disappointed!

on 4/16/2012 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I just had to try the lip butters after reading all the great reviews, so I finally bought Pink Truffle. I am super fair (think Casper the ghost) and this shade is really pigmented and pretty bright to me. I like the formula of the lip butters but this particular shade just wasn't me. I was expecting it to be more sheer. I prefer a nude lip, so maybe I'll explore the other shades to see if I can find one that is suitable.

on 4/14/2012 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

These lip butters are amazing! I prefer neutral tones so the ones I own are pink truffle, berry smoothie, and peach parfait. Pink truffle is by far my favourite! Love how these glide on, how you can build the colour up, and the staying power. Would buy these over and over again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I feel like I just found my first love reincarnated! My first favorite lipstick was from one of Avon's moisturizing lipstick lines, in a color called Marvelous Mauve. If Pink Truffle isn't an exact dupe, it comes pretty dang close, a deep mauve with a creamy shine.

The downsides - I was much more tan during my Marvelous Mauve days, and Pink Truffle is ALMOST too dark for my NC25 skin tone. Very light skinned ladies may have a hard time pulling this one off. However, I plan on using this for dance performances, as it's a very natural looking color that will keep my mouth from disappearing on stage. It also looks good with a minimum of fussing, I can just swipe it on and go. As my skin tone gets a little darker during the summer, this is also going to be a good look for work, finished but professional.

I love the cream finish lip butters, they do wear off within a couple of hours but they leave my lips feeling soft rather than dry and flaky. This is the sixth lip butter I've picked up, and I seem to use all of them pretty regularly. Would repurchase!

on 4/13/2012 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am very late to the lip butter craze, but I finally bought two of them, Pink Truffle and Berry Smoothie. Pink Truffle is a rich neutral pink with a soft shine. It isn't very long lasting, but it leaves a stain on my lips. It's very natural color and easy to wear every day. I've heard people complain that these can be drying, and I agree with that. Reapplying fixes the issue, and like I said, this needs to be reapplied a few times a day anyway. I would buy this again because it can be applied quickly and easily and looks good with everything.

I am completely addicted to these lip butters! I hardly wear my regular lipsticks now as they feel so drying and harsh in comparison. Pink truffle is just a little darker than natural lip color, but makes it more polished and refined. My favorite is tutti frutti, but I do like pink truffle, it's a nice natural color that works with any eyeshadow or blush. It comes in a well-made sturdy case that is in the color of the lipstick.
My only complaint- the amount that you get is much less than the average lipstick, and since you must re-apply often because it's glossy, you can go throw the product quickly. The amount is about at half of what it should be.That is why 4 lippies and not 5.

on 4/12/2012 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Like much of the beauty world, I adore these lip butters. They are heavy on the pink for most shades, so finding shades that compliment darker skin tones if you don't like the standard doodoo brown/bright fuschia color they make for black girls in every line can be a little tricky. Gratefully, there are several shades I like in this range, and Pink Truffle is one of them. On my NC45/NW40/C7 skintone it reads as a lovely nude with just enough color in it to avoid being too chalky. Fig is another one I love. Creme Brulee was a bust though (chalky) - so caveat emptor. I took off one lippie for the hard to open cap, but other than that - I DIE!

Other colors I like are Sweet Tart, and Berry Smoothie. :)

on 4/10/2012 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I absolutely love these lip butters! Pink truffle is my favorite out of the ones I own. They are very pigmented for not being actual lipsticks. I have NC42 skin tone and this color looks great. I reach for these more than I reach for my lipsticks. I think I'll be picking up a few more shades :)

on 3/29/2012 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Beautiful natural lip color! I have been looking for a natural healthy looking lip color like the character "Lila" wore on Friday Night Lights. She always looked so naturally pretty, made up yet not. And although I am considerably older than Minka Kelly, less is more as we age (lol). It has taken me a long time but I have found the perfect mlbb-groomed-but-not-overdone lip color in Pink Truffle. I am also a freak about nasty taste, can't stand fake fruit or candy flavored lipsticks and this has absolutely no taste or smell to me. Perfect!

Recommended for Medium Skin