Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I feel like I just found my first love reincarnated! My first favorite lipstick was from one of Avon's moisturizing lipstick lines, in a color called Marvelous Mauve. If Pink Truffle isn't an exact dupe, it comes pretty dang close, a deep mauve with a creamy shine.

The downsides - I was much more tan during my Marvelous Mauve days, and Pink Truffle is ALMOST too dark for my NC25 skin tone. Very light skinned ladies may have a hard time pulling this one off. However, I plan on using this for dance performances, as it's a very natural looking color that will keep my mouth from disappearing on stage. It also looks good with a minimum of fussing, I can just swipe it on and go. As my skin tone gets a little darker during the summer, this is also going to be a good look for work, finished but professional.

I love the cream finish lip butters, they do wear off within a couple of hours but they leave my lips feeling soft rather than dry and flaky. This is the sixth lip butter I've picked up, and I seem to use all of them pretty regularly. Would repurchase!

on 4/13/2012 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am very late to the lip butter craze, but I finally bought two of them, Pink Truffle and Berry Smoothie. Pink Truffle is a rich neutral pink with a soft shine. It isn't very long lasting, but it leaves a stain on my lips. It's very natural color and easy to wear every day. I've heard people complain that these can be drying, and I agree with that. Reapplying fixes the issue, and like I said, this needs to be reapplied a few times a day anyway. I would buy this again because it can be applied quickly and easily and looks good with everything.

I am completely addicted to these lip butters! I hardly wear my regular lipsticks now as they feel so drying and harsh in comparison. Pink truffle is just a little darker than natural lip color, but makes it more polished and refined. My favorite is tutti frutti, but I do like pink truffle, it's a nice natural color that works with any eyeshadow or blush. It comes in a well-made sturdy case that is in the color of the lipstick.
My only complaint- the amount that you get is much less than the average lipstick, and since you must re-apply often because it's glossy, you can go throw the product quickly. The amount is about at half of what it should be.That is why 4 lippies and not 5.

on 4/12/2012 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Like much of the beauty world, I adore these lip butters. They are heavy on the pink for most shades, so finding shades that compliment darker skin tones if you don't like the standard doodoo brown/bright fuschia color they make for black girls in every line can be a little tricky. Gratefully, there are several shades I like in this range, and Pink Truffle is one of them. On my NC45/NW40/C7 skintone it reads as a lovely nude with just enough color in it to avoid being too chalky. Fig is another one I love. Creme Brulee was a bust though (chalky) - so caveat emptor. I took off one lippie for the hard to open cap, but other than that - I DIE!

Other colors I like are Sweet Tart, and Berry Smoothie. :)

on 4/10/2012 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I absolutely love these lip butters! Pink truffle is my favorite out of the ones I own. They are very pigmented for not being actual lipsticks. I have NC42 skin tone and this color looks great. I reach for these more than I reach for my lipsticks. I think I'll be picking up a few more shades :)

on 3/29/2012 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Beautiful natural lip color! I have been looking for a natural healthy looking lip color like the character "Lila" wore on Friday Night Lights. She always looked so naturally pretty, made up yet not. And although I am considerably older than Minka Kelly, less is more as we age (lol). It has taken me a long time but I have found the perfect mlbb-groomed-but-not-overdone lip color in Pink Truffle. I am also a freak about nasty taste, can't stand fake fruit or candy flavored lipsticks and this has absolutely no taste or smell to me. Perfect!

on 3/29/2012 2:15:00 PM

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL pink-nude color. Definitely my favorite Lip Butter in the Colorburst collection! It wears well, opaque in color and is a staple in my makeup collection! Next time you see these lip butters check Pink Truffle out!

on 3/24/2012 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love Pink Truffle! Very much a MLBB colour. I think this shade would look good on most people (some of the other colours are garish IMO, and some were a bit frosty looking, but this is a nice, neutral cream). I always wear lip balm under gloss/lipstick and with balm underneath, this applies SO smoothly...it really is buttery. Not sure about how long it stays on, as I'm never good at noticing those things, but regardless I love it!

on 3/24/2012 2:40:00 PM

This is the lip product I've been using most often since I purchased it. I love this product. It's a great everyday neutral color that will work with most eye looks. It's very similar to my lips' natural color, but it just evens them out and gives a nice natural shine. I think I'll be wearing this year-round. It's just so easy to use because I don't have to think about coordinating my lips to my eyes and cheeks. I highly recommend it for all skin tones, from the very pale (me) to the very dark. I don't remember how much I paid for it, probably around $7-8, which is a fantastic deal considering I use it pretty much every day.

on 3/24/2012 2:17:00 PM

Fro my fair sin but quite pigmented lips, this is my go-to my lips but better.
It's very understated so great with very casual looks when I don't want to look made up in anyway...

I do love all the Revlon lip butters for my older lips.
They are moisturizing for me, don't feel like I am wearing lipstick (don't feel heavy). Biggest down side is frequent reapplication - lousy weartime, but
i am okay with that,