November 25, 2014 | 1808 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2006 1:16:00 PM More reviews by shapat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this based on the good reviews because my curiosity was killing me. This is a pretty good pressed powder, for the price. This is a lighter shade so if you have a darker skin tone use the darker powder, not translucent, but this worked great for pale 'ol me. If you don't like shelling out more money for pressed powders, this would do the job just fine. Very finely milled, smoothes out your complexion and definitely keeps the oilies away, for quite a while I may add. I used this to blot my t-zone in the early afternoon and my face still looked fresh that evening, so it has some staying power. Great to carry around for touch ups if you have oilier skin. This is as good as anything else out there. If you are on a budget, this is your powder. Average packaging for a $2 powder, but that isn't what I bought it for. You'll need to replace the puff for a softer one with no pores. Does it's job, and that's all I ask of a product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2006 12:39:00 PM More reviews by claudiajen

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is AMAZING. It is equal to a lot of high end powders for VERY cheap. The puff sucks that it comes with, so I toss it and I use a powder brush instead for setting any foundation I am wearing. I am light so it goes with my skin tone well, and even though it says that it is translucent, I'm not sure how it would look on darker skin tones. Definately buy again and again and again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2006 11:40:00 PM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I get the palest shade they make, and it gets the job done for very little money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2006 6:51:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

i use this for my fall/winter skin...i have the loose version as well...i love them both....i get as pale as C3 (C4 tops!) and this is a better match than natural beige.....im currently using naturally beige right now bcoz im tanned and C5 in color...so people with medium to dark skin...this may look chalky on u!!!!...keeps my oily tzone at bay...cheap and good

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2006 6:19:00 PM More reviews by wild4pigs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great cheap powder. I've used many kinds of face powder--expensive & cheap, pressed & loose. This does the job. TO SET. This is a "setting" powder for use after foundation. NOTHING takes away the shine on my nose and cheeks for the whole day. I just don't think that will ever happen. Well...maybe when I'm 90! LOL. Also very inexpensive. Heck, cheaper than a latte. What have you got to lose.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2006 11:05:00 PM More reviews by bluefreakhippi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this stuff EVERYDAY. It's really good for people who have fair skin, and it creates a clean, fresh look that you'd never expect to acheive for $1.90. My only problem with this product is that my skin is oily and i must reapply it about 2-3 times a day. Using a powder brush with this product rather than that dinky little "sponge" also will give a more even finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2006 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Sophalicious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've said it once and I'll say it again: NYC makes ugly packaging. I use this to set my foundation, but it doesn't take away shine. Plus, it has a bad stying power. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2006 4:08:00 AM More reviews by Green_Tea

The packaging sucks...but you pay for what you get right? It's not a bad powder for the money, but it leave my face grayish...don't know how to exactly explain it but it turns color as the day goes on...the puff it comes with is usable...but really the price is really cheap...you can try it for yourself!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2006 7:11:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the cheapest compact powder I've ever used!Your basic, staple, blotting/setting powder.I'm def. getting this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2006 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Jesamyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I can't find Jane cosmetics in El Paso, so I'm looking for a replacement powder. I tried this based on the reviews here, but it's not for me. The coverage and oil control is fine for me, and it doesn't cause breakouts. However, even when applied lightly with a brush, it looks too chalky for my skin tone. I think it's a little paler than most translucents maybe? At any rate, it just doesn't look right with my half-Hispanic coloring.