April 17, 2014 | 1970 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2006 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Sophalicious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've said it once and I'll say it again: NYC makes ugly packaging. I use this to set my foundation, but it doesn't take away shine. Plus, it has a bad stying power. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2006 4:08:00 AM More reviews by Green_Tea

The packaging sucks...but you pay for what you get right? It's not a bad powder for the money, but it leave my face grayish...don't know how to exactly explain it but it turns color as the day goes on...the puff it comes with is usable...but really the price is really cheap...you can try it for yourself!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2006 7:11:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the cheapest compact powder I've ever used!Your basic, staple, blotting/setting powder.I'm def. getting this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2006 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Jesamyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I can't find Jane cosmetics in El Paso, so I'm looking for a replacement powder. I tried this based on the reviews here, but it's not for me. The coverage and oil control is fine for me, and it doesn't cause breakouts. However, even when applied lightly with a brush, it looks too chalky for my skin tone. I think it's a little paler than most translucents maybe? At any rate, it just doesn't look right with my half-Hispanic coloring.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2006 10:58:00 PM More reviews by jillojello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading all these review it has become clear to me that very few of you know what translucent powder is meant for. Setting makeup!!! blotting oil, and preping the skin for other powders.

why do some people expect it to act like a powder foundation?

Great price, same as any other translucent powder...pricless. a must have for any makeup user.

Blush and eyeshadow glide on better with it, sets liquid makeup so it last all day (and yes it wont make you cakey, cakeyness is caused from putting powder foundations on over liquid foundations, the oils mix and cause cake. this has no oil, hence no cake!!)

so buy this or any other translucent powder, use it often and love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2006 12:41:00 PM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading all of this wonderful reviews I decided I just had to go out and try this stuff! Only $1.79 at Walmart!!!! I put on my normal powder (Covergirl blue compact) because that has heavy coverage for a powder, and then when I got oily I dusted this on it and it went on very light, just enuf to banish the oil but it didn't look like I added another layer like it does with my other powder. This doesn't seem to help for oily skin, and I just put it on so I'm gonna have to layer it on a few times today when I'm oily and I will report back if it was all cakey or not! I'm really hoping I like this or I will be going out to get Mac Blot but I would really rather not have to spend that! And alot of you guys are saying they are very similar so I guess we will see. And yea the packaging it cheap, but look at the price! For that price they can't afford to give you like good packaging and all. The packaging did make me laugh tho, I can see the "hinge" snapping already and I just got it lol but for $1.79 when It does break I will just buy a new one!*update* well i looked at my face in a certain lightining and I see kind of an orange tint on my cheeks (weird) being at I got the naturally beige and it have more of a pink undertone and my face is naturally flushed so I didn't expect this. However, I bought Clinigue Mattifier the other day and when I use that my powder doesn't want to lay as well on my cheeks and they look flushed still when usually my powder covers it just fine. I will try this powder again when I don't use Clinique and see because the color isn't orange at all so I don't understand why it's coming up so muddy and orange on my cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2006 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great powder! It doesn't cake or get chalky like so many other powders do and it controls shine. honestly, I don't see much of a difference between this pressed powd er and more expensive powders. It's only $1.75-dirt cheap!! You can't go wrong by buying this. Word of caution though: don't use the sponge it comes with, its completely worthless!! Use a powder brush instead so that just enough product goes on and you're not putting on too much powder. I see that some reviewers said the powder makes their skin look white. I don't find this to be the case at all. However, I am an LLL, and the color blends in very nicely, although on darker skintones, it may show up too light.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2006 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Chena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Super cheap!! This definitely keeps my oilies at bay. For the price it really can't be beat!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2005 12:49:00 AM More reviews by bananaramaxx

Do not underestimate the greatness of this pressed powder. The packaging isnt great but the content really gets the job done. I have tried other powders from more expensive brands but this one worked really great.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2005 12:09:00 AM More reviews by AnnasusLn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is sooo ridiculously cheap, and I just bought a second compact....and I seldomly buy the same makeup product twice. But I use this stuff every day, and provides a matte perfection to my face that my Milani loose powder never did. It doesn't cake ever and I love the finish. The packaging does not do this product justice - the compact looks and is cheap and the sponge that comes with it is pretty useless. I usually use the sponge to deposit some of the powder on my face and buff with a powder brush. If I overdo the powder, it can make my face look a little ashy, but otherwise, I love this powder. Would I buy it again? Over and over!