October 20, 2014 | 1823 users online

Blush - MAC - Satin Blush - Fleur Power

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wish they had a "maybe" option for buying products again on reviews. I might, but I'm not sure about it. This is a color that I think is fairly bright, and not in the best way. I generally really like coral blushes, but on me (NC30/C3, oily skin), this looks much more *bright* pinkish-fuschia, than warm-coral. Easily looks clownish, if you don't blend it above and below the area in which it's applied. I know it was touted in several magazines when it came out as the new "it" color blush, but honestly I think this color is too bright for a lot of people. Myself included, unless I am tanned. I am tanned at the moment, and it looks just ok on, but there are many more blushes I prefer. I think this one would be better as a Sheertone blush. Lasting power up to par with other MAC blushes - 6-8 hours unless Fix+ applied over, then it lasts much longer. I wonder if this might work better on cooler toned people (in the NW range). I know it looks better on me when I wear cooler-toned eyeshadows with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2008 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Charlin

This is my HG blush! I have tried all different types, liquid ones like Benefit, creamy ones in sticks, the famous Nars Orgasm...but none compare to this. In the packaging it looks like a vividly bright, clear coral-pink without shimmer, but it goes on beautifully with a big fluffy brush. It actually makes me look really healthy, pretty and fresh. This is not easy because I have really bad skin at the moment and I have to wear a lot of foundation. The blusher doesn't draw attention to my spots, unlike Nars orgasm which seems to highlight them. When I use Fleur Power I need less eye and lip makeup; after doing my base I apply this to the apples of my cheeks and I instantly look so much better that I don't always bother with everything else.
Love it! I will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Paheli

I'm NC44...but skin is lighter IRL. Fleur Power is my favorite blush! In the pan it looks like a clownish bright pink but don't let that fool you. When applied with a light hand and blended really well, this gives my cheeks a very nice flush.

I can't imagine being finished with this anytime soon since you only need a little but IF I do ever manage to finish it, I would definately repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by honeyshop247

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Talk about looks being deceiving... I went into my local MAC store looking for a nice spring color that highlights my cheeks without giving a "blushed" look- and he recommend fleur Power. I was a bit intimidated at first because the color is so much lighter than what I'm used to wearing. I am now a believer-the color looks amazing on my caramel skin tone. It is a staple in my makeup bag during the spring and summer months.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has been my HG blush for about three years. It is a very natural pinky coral with no shimmer. I also love this blush because I have used it with my hair being a variety of colors and it always looks right.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2008 8:59:00 AM More reviews by MamaNicole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

There are lots of reviews for this blush, but I wanted to weigh in because the right brush with this blush makes ALL the difference. To begin, Fleur Power is a bright coral-pink color in the pan. (Do not go by the swatch on the MAC website, it is completely off.) If you're looking for a natural flush of color, this is a great blush for that - but a skunk brush (like the 187 or 188) is a **necessity**. Apply Fleur Power with a regular blush brush and you get two clownish circles of bright color. Apply it with a skunk brush and instead of looking like a clown, you look like you heard a dirty joke. :) I'm NC25, dark hair and hazel/green eyes - this is a very natural blush on me, but only with the right brush. I would definitely buy it again!

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by SinfullyGirly

This is my HG blush. (For refernece I am MAC NW20, BB sand, MUFE #20, blonde hair, blue eyes). This colour suits my skin colouring perfectly adding a flush of natural healthy looking warmth. I wear this most days.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2008 6:33:00 AM More reviews by ze_newie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

If I only use one item of makeup, this is it!! My skin looks so sallow and dead without blush, so I love that the colour really wakes my face up. I picked it out at the MAC shop even though it looks scary in the pan - it works great on my NC30 skin. I use it all year round, it works even when I have a bit of a tan going.I also really appreciate the fact that it doesn't have ANY shimmery particles in it, like so many drugstore brands do, because that just looks silly on my skin. I've honestly had the same pan for the past year and a half and I haven't dented it, and I use it everyday. Great value.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 9:49:00 PM More reviews by semarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a blush addict and this shade is one of my favorites! It reminds me of nars amour on the cheek. This is a lovely coral pink shade and gives a great pop of color by itself or lightly over more muted shades. I can't believe I haven't discovered this sooner. I'm a Mac c3/BB warm beige for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2007 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Windupdolly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this blush a long time ago and never wore it. Recently I rediscovered it and started wearing it again. On my face it shows up as a soft coral flush. When applying this blush, I recommend you really build up one layer at a time as it's easy to apply to much. My biggest complaint is the cheapness of the container. The little plastic top popped off and won't go back on.