MAC Satin Blush - Fleur Power

4.5

on 10/25/2008 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Gorgeous blush that tends to be ignored or go under the radar most of the time at MAC counters or here on the boards. I recently started using this when a customer was searching for a blush that she had obviously hit pan on and we were trying to match the shade to the ones we had on display. When she tried it on I was amazed. I was like...how the heck did I miss this one? She was blonde lady with very tanned NC42ish skin and gorgeous complexion and this looked absolutely beautiful on her. I, of course, had been wearing this ever since. LOL. I will warn though, on me I have to layer it a bit more because if I dont, it tends to look a bit ashy. I'm an NC45ish/NC50.
Gorgeous shade for a beautiful glow!

on 10/5/2008 10:48:00 PM

I can not imagine my life before meeting this blush!! I am fair with brown hair and brown eyes, this blush creates an almost porcelain doll look (in a good way.) It is such a pretty shade of pink- not as scary as it looks in the container! Every time I wear it, I nonstop looks (good from the males, hatred from the ladies!) LOVE!

on 10/5/2008 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

OHH i love this one! It's a beautiful color to give you that happy bright faced look. It's a pretty peachy/apricot shade that looks really good with any skin tone. I love wearing it for warm looks.

on 8/24/2008 5:54:00 PM

great blush its matte and has staying powder it may look clownish in the pan but with a very light hand it gives a natural flush of color to my cheeks

bright pink with a *slight* coral tone. looks great with a tan and some warm highlighter. def need a light hand as it is very pigmented and could end up with clown cheeks. I wouldn't repurchase because color is dupeable imo.

on 6/27/2008 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I wish they had a "maybe" option for buying products again on reviews. I might, but I'm not sure about it. This is a color that I think is fairly bright, and not in the best way. I generally really like coral blushes, but on me (NC30/C3, oily skin), this looks much more *bright* pinkish-fuschia, than warm-coral. Easily looks clownish, if you don't blend it above and below the area in which it's applied. I know it was touted in several magazines when it came out as the new "it" color blush, but honestly I think this color is too bright for a lot of people. Myself included, unless I am tanned. I am tanned at the moment, and it looks just ok on, but there are many more blushes I prefer. I think this one would be better as a Sheertone blush. Lasting power up to par with other MAC blushes - 6-8 hours unless Fix+ applied over, then it lasts much longer. I wonder if this might work better on cooler toned people (in the NW range). I know it looks better on me when I wear cooler-toned eyeshadows with it.

on 5/15/2008 8:46:00 AM

This is my HG blush! I have tried all different types, liquid ones like Benefit, creamy ones in sticks, the famous Nars Orgasm...but none compare to this. In the packaging it looks like a vividly bright, clear coral-pink without shimmer, but it goes on beautifully with a big fluffy brush. It actually makes me look really healthy, pretty and fresh. This is not easy because I have really bad skin at the moment and I have to wear a lot of foundation. The blusher doesn't draw attention to my spots, unlike Nars orgasm which seems to highlight them. When I use Fleur Power I need less eye and lip makeup; after doing my base I apply this to the apples of my cheeks and I instantly look so much better that I don't always bother with everything else.
Love it! I will definitely buy again.

on 5/12/2008 3:15:00 PM

I'm NC44...but skin is lighter IRL. Fleur Power is my favorite blush! In the pan it looks like a clownish bright pink but don't let that fool you. When applied with a light hand and blended really well, this gives my cheeks a very nice flush.

I can't imagine being finished with this anytime soon since you only need a little but IF I do ever manage to finish it, I would definately repurchase.

on 4/15/2008 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Talk about looks being deceiving... I went into my local MAC store looking for a nice spring color that highlights my cheeks without giving a "blushed" look- and he recommend fleur Power. I was a bit intimidated at first because the color is so much lighter than what I'm used to wearing. I am now a believer-the color looks amazing on my caramel skin tone. It is a staple in my makeup bag during the spring and summer months.

on 4/6/2008 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has been my HG blush for about three years. It is a very natural pinky coral with no shimmer. I also love this blush because I have used it with my hair being a variety of colors and it always looks right.

Popular Blush Products