December 19, 2014 | 1540 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Joann3

The Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter, is my favor at the moment.. It's nicely pigmented, creamy and most importantly doesn't dry up my lips. I have my color in Strawberry Shortcake & Sweet Tart. Would like to get the nude shade Creme Brulee but can't seem to get it here :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by MmakeupP

Overall I really love this lip butter! I have it in 6 colors and I really like them. Pros- very smooth, moisturizing, glossy, many colors, makes flakey/dry lips look better. Cons- doesn't last long, smudges sometimes

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Sonia19

OK. This stuff is awesome. BUTTTT Why do some of the colors seem to have different formulation? But I don't care. Because this stuff is awesome. It is so awesome that this many grammatical errors are completely necessary. Yes They are. I like lipstick but I always find my lips dry and the color payoff is sometimes "too much", if that makes sense. At the same time I don't like when my lips look like I dipped them in oil from lip gloss. So here is my happy middle ground a.k.a my lip product heaven. I'm NC42 and I LOVE Pink Truffle, Sugar Plum, and Berry Smoothie. I hope they come out with more colors soooooon!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by june17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought I hated lipsticks, but these are amazing. My favorites are the Raspberry Pie and the Sweet Tart, especially over a pink-fuschia lip tint (like the Body Shop's). The Cherry Tart color just doesn't look good on me, but I could see the sheer red working on other people. I think I just look better in pinks.

These are great because they're very moisturizing and you can build up the coverage and color. The Raspberry Pie and Sweet Tart will get really intense really fast, so apply lightly. Cherry Tart can go on thicker without getting too bright. I really hope they keep making these. The packaging is great -- sturdy and the lid locks to keep the lipstick from slipping out when it gets knocked around in my purse.

I've seen these cheapest at Target and most expensive at CVS, though they sometimes go on sale.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by atlanta

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading the reviews here I though great a good tinted lip balm. Wrong for me. I know what I will look like in 20 years. Every feather every chapped lip shows not a pretty sight at all. I will either take back or just throw out. Color is very very sheer but the color I picked had too much glitter and felt very slimmy on my lips. How can it be greasy but settle in every line ?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by rimmelstar123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have 7 of these lip butters and I love them. They glide on smoothly and the colour pay off is great, the colours are so pretty! I really like the range of colours so there's a variety I can choose from.
For the lip butter to apply smoothly and not look messy you will have to have well hydrated lips before you put this product on. If you have dry lips I advice you not to try to wear this product until you apply some lip balm or exfoliate. The lip butter will get into the cracks of your lip and stick to your dried peeling skin, which isn't a great look (unless you're into that, of course).
In Australia the price is around $20 which is ridiculous because I could buy 4 happy meals from mcdonalds with that. In all seriousness I think the product is a little overpriced, even for Revlon.
The reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because I would've hoped they would be hydrating to your lips so they could act as a lip balm as well, but I can turn a blind eye on that because I absolutely love this product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by lareinarumbera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I originally, ahem, stole this from my sister. She had the shade "Red Velvet," Which is like a deep burgundy/maroon red (EXACTLY like the cupcake batter - for once the shade description is right on the money) which looks better on fair-to-light, neutral-to-cool skin tones (NW20ish, black hair, brown eyes, she's NC25ish, and this pulls the yellow tones in her skin making her look a bit tired/sallow) - very "in" and chic for the winter season. On application it reminded me a bit of my beloved Dior Addict l/s in "Rouge Podium," just deeper and more opaque, in terms of texture and finish (slightly glossy, wet-look finish). Red Velvet was moisturizing, didn't bleed, and cost a fraction of the Dior - I used up a whole tube and went to buy a replacement.

I found a great weekend deal at Pharmaprix/Shopper's Drug Mart, where they generally sell the Lip Butters at $10-11 each - they were 1/2 off, at $4.99 each, and decided to pick up a bunch of shades to find out if every shade was consistently good (I didn't buy all the shades, just those that appealed to me).

Unfortunately, there were some that I could wear without issues, some that kind of dried my lips out, and one that caused a horrible allergic reaction (blistering, cracking, swelling of the lips), which I will outline below:

THE "GOOD" SHADES:
Red Velvet - deep burgundy/maroon red.
Raspberry Pie - deep violet-fuchsia-pink.
Pink Truffle - caramel pink. Warm-toned MLBB/nude.

These all went on smoothly, and did not cause any cracking, dryness or allergic reactions, even when worn over the course of many days.

THE "OKAY" SHADES:
Tutti Fruit: bright tangerine orange. Sheers out too a coral on the lips.
Berry Smoothie: plum-pink. Cool toned MLBB. has a bit of glitter. Slightly gritty but not too bad.
Peach Parfait: peachy pink with gold shimmer. Like NARS Orgasm in a lipstick.
Cherry Tart: cool jelly red with shimmer.

These went on smoothly, but lips felt kind of dry when the initial sheen disappeared (approx. 1 hour later). Didn't cause allergic reactions but did make my lips feel a little dry.

THE "BAD" SHADE:
Sweet Tart: bright "highlighter" pink in the tube. Sheers out to a bright, barbie pink on the lips.

This shade in particular made my lips crack, burn and blister. Even putting Aquaphor on to heal them BURNED like mad. I wonder what's in this that causes this problem, as I have never had in my lip-product loving life had any problems like this.

OVERALL:
It's not the worst product, but it's also not the best, although there are some nice drugstore gems among them (Red Velvet, Raspberry Pie, Pink Truffle). I'd say tread carefully and buy from a store that will let you return if you have a reaction.

I also did not care for the tacky plastic packaging or the fact that some of the brighter shades caused dryness. Clearly, they are not as moisturizing as Revlon claims they are. I will update again when I figure out what the allergy/dryness causing ingredient is. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love these! I have always been a lip balm tint girl, but really great ones are hard to find. I have lipstick, but I never really reach for them. These are amazing lip products! Some say that they don't feel at all "buttery", but I find that they are for me. They have the perfect feel. They're also highly pigmented, so what you see is what you get! They can be applied lightly for a more natural look, depending on how you want them to appear. No, I don't expect these do last hours upon hours, and they don't. Neither do most lip products. No funny smell or taste. The packaging is freaking adorable! They're everything I ever wanted in a lip product.

I wasn't buying the hype when these first hit the market. I already had 20+ lipsticks I never touch. I didn't need any more stuff. I have always wanted a highly pigmented, coral-y, juicy, reddish-orange lip color forever, and never could find one. I bought Candy Apple randomly one day and it was perfection. I've never been more in love with this color! I also own Lollipop and Sweet Tart and they're just as great! I plan on getting a few more!

Edit: 1/16/14 I STILL love these! I bought Fig Jam as well and, just WOW. I hope these never go off the market! I'm super pale, but this is one of the most flattering colors that I would have NEVER thought would look good me. I want them all now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by snowpaum

I am very sensitive to smell that I can't collect drugstore lipsticks in general because they smell so bad. I tried this revlon without any high expectations, but turns out this is the best drugstore lip product I've ever used! This doesn't smell, which is a huge plus for me, and conditions lips with a right amount of color. You will never regret buying this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Eleanor_The_Cute

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is great stuff. I have tried maybe a third of the available shades and there are several which I go well with my very fair skin and work with both cool and warm undertones. My favorite is Pink Truffle: it is super creamy, no shimmer that I can see, ultra moisturizing, and a good neutral color which fades to a nice natural stain. The price is usually around $5.50 - $7, depending on where I shop. Last time I bought some, HEB had coupons for $3 off, so I got them for roughly $2.50 each, YAY!!