Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 10/23/2009 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

underwhelmed, much?

it takes four pumps of this stuff on my face brush to get my makeup (usually either revlon colorstay active, regular colorstay, mac studio fix or estee lauder double wear) off. even then, swiping my face with witch hazel dabbed cotton ball shows me not all my makeup has been removed.

this also did nothing for the quality of my skin with daily use for several weeks. it didn't do anything for my sweetie's skin either.

additionally, the pump gets stuck almost every time. we have to pull it out in order to press it back down again. that's completely irritating when we're in a rush in the morning to get ready.

for the price--and i bought it on sale at about 20-25% off--i find neutrogena's oil free acne wash a better deal and more effective cleanser. in fact, the sweets and i can take nearly a year to use up a whole bottle of neutrogena OFAW whereas we're only on month four of using this aveeno product and we've got maybe 2/5 of the bottle left.

won't ever buy again.

For about the first month I used this my skin looked and felt much better, but then I started getting big red dry flaky patches on my face, and as soon as I quit using it they went away. It's a shame because I did really like the product up until then.

on 10/17/2009 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I've probably bought a dozen bottles of this over the last few years. One bottle lasts about 5 months. I use it in the morning when there is no need to remove makeup. The pump bottle is handy in the shower, the formula is not drying, and it rinses off well. Never irritating or itchy.

I do not have an acne problem, so I can't speak to that.

on 10/16/2009 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff actually broke me out more on my face, it cleared up the acne on my shoulders, back, and chest though ( weird ). It didn't dry my skin out at all, another plus. At least the pump actually worked and it foamed, every other pump "foaming" cleanser either the pump was broken or the stuff didn't foam.

on 9/20/2009 2:05:00 AM

I just bought this product today, so I will be updating later.
My skin type: Combination (oily t-zone, sensitive, slight rosacea, and moderate acne problem on my cheeks.)

I like that it has a pump, its not messy and with 1 pump I had enough for my face. The foam feels good on your face, but after a few seconds I felt some burning. Maybe it was the salicylic acid working on my zits? Either way, the burning wasn't that bad and went away after I rinsed. My skin feels really clean right now for the first time in a long time. I had been using Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser and it wasn't helping the oily part of my skin at all. So Aveeno took care of the oily part without drying my skin out, now we'll just have to see how it affects me acne-wise. The price is also pretty good, $6 for a tube and it seems like it'll last a long time since it is foam.

UPDATE: It's been a few months, and I have to say that it is little bit drying. Sometimes after I wash my face and open my mouth wide or make any sort of 'big' facial expression my skin feels tight. It's not a good feeling 'cause it kinda feels like my skin is being forced when my facial muscles move. It goes away when I put moisturizer, but the thing is sometimes I don't wanna apply moisturizer right after and just let my skin breathe a little. I'll debate whether I re-purchase this or not. It still has not caused me breakouts so that's a plus.

on 9/13/2009 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is really impressive. I have very oily skin and after using this my face feels so clean. It takes all my makeup off and doesn't irritate my skin at all. Once I moisturize I am good to go!

on 9/13/2009 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is one of my two cleanser that I always use. I love this cleanser, it's gentle but still gets all of my makeup and dirt off. I can rub this cleanser over my eyes to get off the rest of my mascara and liner without my eyes burning. A great product, I will continue to buy it religiously.

on 8/30/2009 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This face wash is adequate. I have very oily skin and for the most part, it will get the make up, dirt and oil off. However, it is a tiny bit drying for me and doesn't help with the prevention or treatment of acne any more than other foaming or gel cleansers which I've tried. Although the advantage of this one is that it won't dry your skin out as much.

on 8/21/2009 6:15:00 AM

This product was alright. I heard great reviews so I thought I give it a try. It didn't do anything to my skin, my complexion was the same and so was everything else. It didn't make me break out like other products do but it was a bit drying. I only use it because it didn't make my face red and so it can clean my face. It's not something I'd be excited to buy again but if theirs no other product I have interest in I would get this again.

on 8/11/2009 2:56:00 PM

I use the Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser more often than this, but I do use this more in the summer. I also use it on my chest and neck, as I get breakouts there, too, in the summer. When I use it on my chest and neck, my skin really stays clear. My teenage son uses this sometimes too, and when he does, I notice a positive change in his skin. I think that for skin with acne, this is one step in your skin care routine, I don't think it's meant to clear acne up on it's own, although for some with milder acne it may be enough.

My favorite thing about it is the smell. It smells wonderful. A fresh "green" scent. It is quite gentle, at least for us. Of course, some people have a difficulty with salicylic acid, and I also think that some people may be using too many products or too harsh of products along with this, thus causing more drying. It lasts a long time, as it comes out as a foam. The foam feels very nice on your skin.

It is reasonably priced, I usually pay about $6 for it. I have already repurchased it, and while it is not my year round cleanser, it serves it's purpose well when I use it.