October 24, 2014 | 1808 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by peace871

I have combo skin
For at least 5 years, I have use this product to clear my acne. It does help me but NOT completely, I still get big breakouts on my chin and have small red dots around my cheeks and temples.

It also dries out my skin right after using it each morning, especially in winter.

I have now learnt that a cleanser should not be doing this (drying out your skin) and it should be as gentle as possible, the way to test this is to see if it hurts your eyes.

Thus after many years of using this I am now looking for something else but if you want a cleanser immediately while you're doing research on a good cleanser, this wouldn't be a bad choice.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2009 4:26:00 AM More reviews by roodledoodle

Do not use this, it is probably the worst face wash i have encountered to date, and believe me i have used close to everything that is sold. it makes breakouts 1000x worse and is not a solution for any type of acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by iicassie

I have combination/oily skin. I bought this cleanser because I wanted a gentle cleanser that wouldn't dry my skin out; this worked out fine for that aspect. I have acne too, but it's not too bad, so I'm not purposely using this for acne. If you want something that clears your acne, this wouldn't do the job. What I do is use this cleanser, use a non-oily moisturizer, and then use an anti-acne treatment. I wouldn't buy this again because it didn't exactly wow me. It smells nice though, and I like the green semi-shiny leaves on the front.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2009 2:44:00 AM More reviews by lauraflirt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily/acne prone skin and have been using this product for years.... it seems like the only product that does not dry my skin out and keep me breakout free. I continue purchasing this item!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by xLaRae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing much to say, sorta cleans(give it a 7/10), doesn't really help with acne or evening out skin tone. Will not be repurchasing

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by toxicsludge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cleanser did nothing positive for me. It actually made my skin much worse. Normally, I am acne prone around my temples and chin. It made these areas noticeably worse, and I actually starting getting pimples in other places on my face that are normally fairly clear. It made my face terribly dry, and even after I applied moisturizer, my skin still felt slightly irritated.

I wasn't expecting a cure-all product, just something to get me on a path to improvement. This was a waste of 8 bucks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this cleanser awhile back and wasn't impressed with it. It was very drying on my combination skin, and the smell was very harsh. It was hard to control the amount you get from the dispenser because the formula is the consistency of water. The packaging was cheap and the product ended up leaking out of the pump dispenser. I expected more from Aveeno and will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by sunnyhu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I picked it up from my roommate's sister who lives in the States (again, Aveeno is not available in Europe), and I like it. I have combination skin, and I do get a couple of spots from time to time caused by either hormones or stress. I can't really say if it has helped with the condition, but the texture of the foam is nice, and the smell is pretty fresh. My skin isn't left feeling completely dried out either. I'd say it's pretty good value for money, but if you have severe acne problems, you might want to try something stronger.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by ughh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this cleanser. i've been using it for years! please do not expect it to be the magical bottle that will help all your blemishes dissapear. its just a cleanser! cleansers are meant to strenghten your cleansing routine, not replace it, so please, dont expect perfection. it doesnt dry out my skin and it foams very well. the only con is that it's a tad expensive for me, but its about the same price of most drugstore cleansers.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by aznlau22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is such a great natural cleanser! it's best for waking up in the morning and for doing a simple wash for your face at night! If you don't have any skin problem or just a pimple or two, this is great product! I have sensitive skin so your face won't get damaged or anything. You will feel a little tightening on your face but this product won't dry you out at all! just put on the other needed products for your face: toner and moistureizer :)