Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I guess everyone's skin is different. I actually had a pretty positive experience with this cleanser. I have combination skin--I get extremely oily on my forehead, nose and chin (perhaps most on the nose), and get an occasional blemish around those areas. My cheeks and jawline, however, tend to be very dry. My skin is also very sensitive. I appreciate the light, foaming texture of this, and how gentle it was on my sensitive skin. However, I'm not sure that it has been all that effective in actually treating my acne. In some areas, it also seems to leave behind a very "tight", dry feeling, so for that reason I didn't give it a five star review. However, considering that it is a relatively inexpensive drug store brand it's pretty good value.

on 12/10/2009 9:12:00 PM

I like this cleanser a lot. This is by far the gentlest acne face wash I had ever tried that doesn't irritate or dry my skin. It doesn't clog my pores and cause breakouts. In fact, it calmed my skin and lessened the redness of my acne. I use this twice a day, morning and night, and one pump is all I need to remove dirt and excess oil off my face. I don't wear any foundation or powder on my face (they clog my pores) but I do wear eyeliner and occasionally eye shadows. I use this cleanser around my eye area and it doesn't sting my eyes at all. And, it does a very good job in removing the eye shadows but so-so in removing the eyeliner. Overall, this face wash cleans very well and gives me a healthy glow.

on 12/4/2009 7:53:00 PM

Don't get this cleanser if you have high expectations. It's a nice cleanser, light and easy, not too heavy and that's just about it. It doesn't dry or irritate my skin, but I wouldn't use it to get rid of my break outs. Definitely not my HG. I tend to use it when I just want a quick refresher, like on a very humid day in the summer and your face feels like an oily mess. For a more thorough cleanser I'd look elsewhere.

For what it's worth, the packaging isn't great. And the price, well, I think there are better cleansers out there for less money.

It doesn't mean I wouldn't repurchase it, it just wouldn't be my main cleanser and more something on the side. Therefor one bottle does last a while in my bathroom.

on 11/17/2009 12:48:00 AM

I'm beginning to have suspicions about this product. For the first few days or so, I really loved this... but my skin is just getting terribly irritated and breaking out in spots that I usually don't get anything in. I'm going to stop using this and see how it goes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

It does what it is; a cleanser, plain and simple. Nothing special except that it`s very lightweight.

on 10/23/2009 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

underwhelmed, much?

it takes four pumps of this stuff on my face brush to get my makeup (usually either revlon colorstay active, regular colorstay, mac studio fix or estee lauder double wear) off. even then, swiping my face with witch hazel dabbed cotton ball shows me not all my makeup has been removed.

this also did nothing for the quality of my skin with daily use for several weeks. it didn't do anything for my sweetie's skin either.

additionally, the pump gets stuck almost every time. we have to pull it out in order to press it back down again. that's completely irritating when we're in a rush in the morning to get ready.

for the price--and i bought it on sale at about 20-25% off--i find neutrogena's oil free acne wash a better deal and more effective cleanser. in fact, the sweets and i can take nearly a year to use up a whole bottle of neutrogena OFAW whereas we're only on month four of using this aveeno product and we've got maybe 2/5 of the bottle left.

won't ever buy again.

For about the first month I used this my skin looked and felt much better, but then I started getting big red dry flaky patches on my face, and as soon as I quit using it they went away. It's a shame because I did really like the product up until then.

on 10/17/2009 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I've probably bought a dozen bottles of this over the last few years. One bottle lasts about 5 months. I use it in the morning when there is no need to remove makeup. The pump bottle is handy in the shower, the formula is not drying, and it rinses off well. Never irritating or itchy.

I do not have an acne problem, so I can't speak to that.

on 10/16/2009 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff actually broke me out more on my face, it cleared up the acne on my shoulders, back, and chest though ( weird ). It didn't dry my skin out at all, another plus. At least the pump actually worked and it foamed, every other pump "foaming" cleanser either the pump was broken or the stuff didn't foam.

on 9/20/2009 2:05:00 AM

I just bought this product today, so I will be updating later.
My skin type: Combination (oily t-zone, sensitive, slight rosacea, and moderate acne problem on my cheeks.)

I like that it has a pump, its not messy and with 1 pump I had enough for my face. The foam feels good on your face, but after a few seconds I felt some burning. Maybe it was the salicylic acid working on my zits? Either way, the burning wasn't that bad and went away after I rinsed. My skin feels really clean right now for the first time in a long time. I had been using Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser and it wasn't helping the oily part of my skin at all. So Aveeno took care of the oily part without drying my skin out, now we'll just have to see how it affects me acne-wise. The price is also pretty good, $6 for a tube and it seems like it'll last a long time since it is foam.

UPDATE: It's been a few months, and I have to say that it is little bit drying. Sometimes after I wash my face and open my mouth wide or make any sort of 'big' facial expression my skin feels tight. It's not a good feeling 'cause it kinda feels like my skin is being forced when my facial muscles move. It goes away when I put moisturizer, but the thing is sometimes I don't wanna apply moisturizer right after and just let my skin breathe a little. I'll debate whether I re-purchase this or not. It still has not caused me breakouts so that's a plus.