September 20, 2014 | 1880 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Core Collection

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

LOVEEE this set. The buffer brush is dense. it works wonderfully for mineral powder. The contouring(?) brush is small. I use it to set powder over any concealer. Works perfectly under my eye with powder. At first I was thrown by the pointed tiny foundation brush... but now I love it. I use this to apply concealer.. slap it on. hahah somedays I use just this brush with concealer and set with powder and call it a day. it blends quite well under eyes too. I think the last brush it the concealer brush. great for blemishes and small areas for more precision control. no shedding. cleans easily. wonderful value. i've had this set and the blush brush for several months. i reach for these over my MAC brushes. I enjoy knowing they dont shed. They are all quite soft too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I love this set! The foundation brushes are better than all my other brushes (like I've said in my other Real Techniques reviews - these brushes blow away every other brand I've tried, from EcoTools to Chanel). I like using the bigger, multitasking-type brush for bronzer, and the smallest one for detailing. For I believe $15USD, this is an absolute steal. I recommend this for everyone, from just starting to seasoned pro. I always have these in my kit!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by shell0408

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought so many off brand brushes because I can't bring myself to spend the money on the name brand brushes. These are by far the best off brand brushes I've ever bought. I have used MAC brushes in the past and notice that some tend to shed a little after use or during cleaning. These brushes a equally as soft and hold up through cleaning.I also love the variety of different brushes and the sizes. Specifically this collection has so many uses, I use the buffering brush to apply powder foundation and the contouring brush for contour, highlight and applying powder under the eyes. Great products. Sold at Ulta for $15.99

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I love these brushes. For only $16 at Ulta, quality is amazing. I use buffing brush for foundation, powder and contouring my face with chanel bronze universal. It's dense enough to pack on colors and soft enough to blend it out. I love the contour brush for cheek highlighting and the detailer brush for inner corner highlighting.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by wyhg

I love these brushes! They are really soft and the quality is great. I have washed them once since I've gotten them and they don't shed at all. Make up application is a little easier when you have great tools like these. I definitely believe that with the real technique brushes you're getting way more than what you pay for compared to other brands. The range of brush sizes in the different brush sets is also amazing. I'm planning on getting every brush I need from real techniques.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by arielelizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

These are the best brushes I've ever used. Not only do they blend my makeup PERFECTLY, but they're affordable, too! I couldn't be happier with these brushes. My foundation, blush, and bronzer have never looked so well blended together.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by shiningshdw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing. I think for those that follow Sam and Nic on youtube, it was a no-brainer to go and try these brushes.
I bought them when they were buy one get one free at ULTA coupled with a coupon. So AMAZING deal. They'd be a good deal even without the sale.
The foundation brush is a little small for applying foundation to the face but good for concealer in larger areas.
The quality of the brushes is so good, especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I will make this short and sweet, but I wished Real Techniques were made before Sigma brushes. These brushes are WAY, WAY better than any of my Sigmas. They're also cheaper and do a better than than all of the brushes I own. I bought just about all the RT brushes. All are PERFECT!! I love the case that it came with. Will I ever purchase this set again? Heck yeah, I would!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Sassymedusa

This set is worth it for the buffing brush and the detailer brush alone. They are all very good quality. I haven't seen any hairs come out of them.

The detailer brush is my favorite because I can use just the tip to apply foundation and then the sides to blend it in. It is very accurate. The buffing brush has been great for applying blush and really blending it in. I've used the contour blush for applying highlight to my cheekbones, as it is too small to really be a contour brush on my face. I haven't had a reason to use the foundation brush yet.

Great buy! I think I paid around $16 at Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by rebelprince

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm going to review these brushes individually. General notes are that they're all super soft taklon and have a great weight with a huge ferrule and are just generally amazing in their construction.

Buffing Brush - Goodness, I keep finding uses for this. I think it's great for blending just about any kind of product into the skin and really buffing it in. I also use it for buffing in certain cheek products that tend to just sit on the skin. I have no words. This is great for powders (to me) moreso than liquids or creams but it can work with all.

Contour Brush - Where have you been all my life?! I find this brush to just be perfect for sitting into every little small area and it just blends beautifully. I also use this sometimes for cream blushes and it distributes them beautifully. I find that this picks up a bit more product than some of the other brushes but that's fine by me! I also use this to blend highlighters on the tops of cheeks and across the brow bone. Indispensable.

Detailer Brush - Worth having. I use it for spot concealing a lot of times. I also use it for lips or for specific eyeshadow applications and I've used it to smudge eyeshadows or eyeliner. It's the tiny everyman of the set and I use it all the time.

Pointed Foundation Brush - Oh, how I love thee. I find this brush wasn't my favorite for applying foundation but it works wonders with concealers and powders and cream cheek products and it never really stops gaining purpose. I saw below in synmyn's review that it can be used for eyeshadows and I'm not against trying that! It's a great brush, though. The head is very stiff and gorgeous for precise application.

Brush Case - I actually quite like it. It allows me to protect those brushes and I can do a full face for myself with this kit because I don't really wear eyeshadow as a bloke. I am now going to try it to dry my brushes upside down. (Really, thanks synmyn!)

For $16, I'm DARN WELL going to repurchase. I will have loads of brushes but I don't care! I love these so much that I need duplicates!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No