October 25, 2014 | 1777 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Core Collection

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

This set just came back in stock at my local store. I called ahead to check and rushed over there--one was left! I'm not sure if they are low on stock, or if Ulta is just not distributing them fast enough. I know I've waited for weeks and weeks for mine to get any sets in, and the stippling brush as well as the blush brush are still sold out. I've had the Travel Essentials set for a few weeks, so my review on the quality of these is on that thread. I'll break down the Core Collection.

1. Contour brush: I bought the set for this brush alone, but the others are a nice plus. It's the perfect size for getting bronzer or contour shades right into your cheek socket. It blends well, and it's easy to wash/dry. All of these can be used with liquid, powder, or cream products. They also stay soft and keep their shape.

2. Pointed foundation brush: Some may think this is too small or rough. It's not. If a foundation brush is too soft then it won't evenly distribute some long wearing foundations. This gets it done fast. Then you can buff it out with the buffing brush.

3. Buffing brush: I use this for all over bronzer, contour, buffing foundation, blending powers etc etc. It's a good one!

4. Detailer brush: It's main purpose is for concealer, but the bristles are so flat and compact that it also works as a lip brush. You want a lip brush to keep it's shape and not bend too much. This does just that so you can get more detail and clean lines.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

Awesome brush set that I really enjoy using. Use the contour brush for highlighting, the teeny tiny brush for concealing (would work for lips as well), the foundation brush for foundation (although small, is effective) and the buffing brush is really good for, er.., buffing! All-in-all a brilliant set for getting the perfect base. I want to use it and thoroughly enjoy using it, and my base looks all the better for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVEEE this set. The buffer brush is dense. it works wonderfully for mineral powder. The contouring(?) brush is small. I use it to set powder over any concealer. Works perfectly under my eye with powder. At first I was thrown by the pointed tiny foundation brush... but now I love it. I use this to apply concealer.. slap it on. hahah somedays I use just this brush with concealer and set with powder and call it a day. it blends quite well under eyes too. I think the last brush it the concealer brush. great for blemishes and small areas for more precision control. no shedding. cleans easily. wonderful value. i've had this set and the blush brush for several months. i reach for these over my MAC brushes. I enjoy knowing they dont shed. They are all quite soft too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I love this set! The foundation brushes are better than all my other brushes (like I've said in my other Real Techniques reviews - these brushes blow away every other brand I've tried, from EcoTools to Chanel). I like using the bigger, multitasking-type brush for bronzer, and the smallest one for detailing. For I believe $15USD, this is an absolute steal. I recommend this for everyone, from just starting to seasoned pro. I always have these in my kit!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by shell0408

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought so many off brand brushes because I can't bring myself to spend the money on the name brand brushes. These are by far the best off brand brushes I've ever bought. I have used MAC brushes in the past and notice that some tend to shed a little after use or during cleaning. These brushes a equally as soft and hold up through cleaning.I also love the variety of different brushes and the sizes. Specifically this collection has so many uses, I use the buffering brush to apply powder foundation and the contouring brush for contour, highlight and applying powder under the eyes. Great products. Sold at Ulta for $15.99

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I love these brushes. For only $16 at Ulta, quality is amazing. I use buffing brush for foundation, powder and contouring my face with chanel bronze universal. It's dense enough to pack on colors and soft enough to blend it out. I love the contour brush for cheek highlighting and the detailer brush for inner corner highlighting.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by wyhg

I love these brushes! They are really soft and the quality is great. I have washed them once since I've gotten them and they don't shed at all. Make up application is a little easier when you have great tools like these. I definitely believe that with the real technique brushes you're getting way more than what you pay for compared to other brands. The range of brush sizes in the different brush sets is also amazing. I'm planning on getting every brush I need from real techniques.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by arielelizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

These are the best brushes I've ever used. Not only do they blend my makeup PERFECTLY, but they're affordable, too! I couldn't be happier with these brushes. My foundation, blush, and bronzer have never looked so well blended together.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by shiningshdw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing. I think for those that follow Sam and Nic on youtube, it was a no-brainer to go and try these brushes.
I bought them when they were buy one get one free at ULTA coupled with a coupon. So AMAZING deal. They'd be a good deal even without the sale.
The foundation brush is a little small for applying foundation to the face but good for concealer in larger areas.
The quality of the brushes is so good, especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I will make this short and sweet, but I wished Real Techniques were made before Sigma brushes. These brushes are WAY, WAY better than any of my Sigmas. They're also cheaper and do a better than than all of the brushes I own. I bought just about all the RT brushes. All are PERFECT!! I love the case that it came with. Will I ever purchase this set again? Heck yeah, I would!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No