July 29, 2014 | 2058 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One-by-One, Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by VLSM

I bought this product a while ago, and it really seperates my lashes and makes them very long. I do have naturally long and curly eyelashes and I do use an eyelash cruler juste so the curls can be a bit more higher and my eyes stand out more. The waterproof mascara does smmudge the top of my eyelids which, I would say, is the only downside of this product, the brush is really good, and you can feel it combing through your lashes. It does kind of hurt but after a while you get used to it. It holds all day and it doesnt dry up and seperate if you USE A LOT. Not very thick, but slight more than usual. I dip my brush in 5-6 times for one eye, it doesn't matter if you use less because it's still wonderful. Personally I find you get better results with more and when you aply on your top lashes only. It really makes your eyes seem brighter, and if you have very curly lashes (like mines) your eyes seem more girly. I hope this helped, and if you do buy it I hope it has the same results as mine. I will buy the non waterproff one to see if the smudges go away or if it is just the same. (:

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by horsieb19

I LOVE the normal version, so I thought I'd get a waterproof, BAD idea. It smudges more than my normal one, if I blink and am a little sweaty, I get black marks beneath my eyes. Its not nearly as good as the original...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Selece

Love this Mascara. Separates my lashes and lenghtens them. Holds my curl all day. Doesn't smudge or flake, even when i have oily lids. I recommended this to my friend who has sparse lashes to try and after she used it she immediately loved it. I have been using this for about two months, and its a given that it the mascara is drying a bit, but still doesn't clump my lashes. The only bad thing about thing when the mascara is drier compared to when i first used it is that it's harder to take off my lashes now, but that's probably just me being a bit picky. I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by bjdp55

Best drugstore mascara I have used. The absolute BEST thing about this mascara is how it seperates your lashes. The worst thing ever is when a mascara clumps .. and I have never had my eyelashes clump or stick together with this mascara. I'm gonna keep on buying this for a loooong time. When you curl your lashes with this mascara, it gives the effect of falsies, atleast on me.
Already repurchased several times

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by abertels

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara yesterday, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised! The big brush covers individual hairs perfectly, from root to tip, and makes my lashes look fuller and longer just after one coating. It doesn't clump and stays on very well. The only issue I have is with the bottom lashes; due to the size of the brush I find it hard to coat them well, so I have another, smaller brushed mascara for that. But all in all, I would recommend this mascara and I would buy it again in a heartbeat:-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by marippe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i decided to get this because i need a waterproof mascara for summer, for when i go to six flags :P it's alright.. really nothing special. i do like the brush on this mascara, and it gives my lashes nice length & definition.. not a lot of volume though :( i can't wear this on my bottom lashes because it tends to smudge & flake. there are so many waterproof mascaras out there, so i wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by maggles426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First, I'm gonna mention that I work as a lifeguard at an amusement park so I need makeup that won't wash away during my straight six to nine hours of sweating and constant contact with pool water. I also have oily eyelids, so eyeliner isn't even an option in the summer. I used to use NYX's waterproof mascara but I was running low and figured I'd give this a shot. Now this is the only mascara I use. I have normal length black lashes to begin with, but this makes a pretty big difference in length and volume for me. I doesn't work miracles but it's definitely worth the price.
I do get a little bit of clumping with the second coat but it's not much, I'll definitely be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Medea24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I only use waterproof mascara. Non-wp formulas always give me raccoon eyes at the end of the day. Over time, I have learned that not all wp mascaras hold up the same. This mascara is a great wp formula for me. I never get any smudging or rub-off with this. I was amazed! Other benefits of this mascara are the black color that is nice and dark, the way this holds a curl all day, and the easy removal. I haven't lost lashed the way that I do with other wp formulas.

On the downside, this mascara does very little in the way of length or volume. It's a nice natural, every day look that is clump free, but it is not great for a glam look. Still, a formula that stays put and doesn't smudge is my highest priority for mascara because even long, full lashes can't mask the mess of smudged mascara! I will purchase this again and keep my eyes open for other products that may work even better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

IT STAYS ON! (I am notorious for rubbing mascara off) And it doesn't clump. My eyelashes are insanely short, and it makes them visible. Of course I'll get it again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

This mascara is just "meh". It doesn't clump, but I have to apply at least 3 coats to make my lashes look dark, thick and long, at which point it does clump a bit. I had expected dramatic volume, and this mascara doesn't deliver. It's good if you want a natural look. I prefer Maybelline The Falsies for the dramatic look even though it clumps. I gave this 3 lippies because it's not horrible and I like the color of the tube :-)

Update: After using this for a while, I have discovered I really like it. I think it takes a while for the formula to thicken or something. I often find that's the case and like a mascara better after it's a week or two old. My lashes are thick, long and clump-free, so I'm happy. I added another lippie.