August 28, 2014 | 840 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One-by-One, Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by starapples

I ran out of my usual mascara and decided to deviate from my good ol' Cover Girl Lash Blast Waterproof and got this instead. I love that this mascara does not smudge in the slightest and never ever flakes off. Most mascaras leave me with raccoon eyes and I love how this never will! I also really like the thinner consistency of the formula because it never clumps up and truly does separate my lashes. I got this in the darkest black color and it truly is black. My only complaint is that this mascara does not volume-ize very much. My lashes look longer, separated, neat, and clean creating a very natural but put together look. While I do like this, I miss the volume Lash Blash gave me. This is good, but I prefer my mascara of choice better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Tetteala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, I was looking through Walmart for a good waterproof mascara. My lashes are normally short, thin and point straight down. I count on a mascara that holds a curl and separates my super thin lashes. I had been using Tarte's Lights Camera mascara, but I was on the lookout for any cheaper alternatives. I heard about Maybelline's One by One, and i was eager to try it out.
The brush really big, reminds me of Covergirl's Lash Blast, but thicker. When I first applied this on my lashes, I did not like it. I pushed myself to keep trying it, hoping something would miraculously happen.
It separated my lashes, but after two coats, it clumped and it looked like I had 3 separate lashes!!! I vowed to never use this mascara again and went back to my Tarte.
After a week, I looked back at the cute coral-pink packaging and decided to try again. Surprisingly, I liked it better the second time, after I gave it a week to sit on my counter. Maybe it just needed to dry up? I don't know. Now, when I take the brush out, I wipe off the excess product onto a tissue. I believe by doing this, clumping can be avoided.
It held my curl all day and all night, and when it says waterproof, it really means waterproof! I went swimming with this mascara and my lashes were still intact, and I even took a shower and rubbed my makeup remover over my eyes, and there is still product on my lashes! I think I will be purchasing a good makeup remover to fully clean this mascara off of my lashes.
Overall, this mascara is actually pretty nice, and the waterproof version is a must for people who swim, want an all day curl, and those who need something long wearing. Upon first try, don't give up with this mascara! Maybe after a few tries it will dry up to be the perfect product.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by brokencitysky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Mehhhh, this is such an OK mascara...
The formula is fine, wet, nice and waterproof, haven't had any smudging with this..
But I just can't stand the brush! Ugh! I feel like it's not made for lashes. It is big, bulky, and doesn't reach all of my lashes.
It does an OK job of separating, but leaves little clumpies at the end of my lashes...I will not be buying again, even though this was cheap and on sale.
Not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by NathalieWinters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I probably wouldn't buy this product again as it is IMPOSSIBLE to get off, or maybe its just me! However with that said it does hold the curl on my lashes all day and doesn't crumble off. overall average rating.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by karasu627

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this a while back when they were having a sale at Wal-Mart when this first came out. I had seen the ads and heard the hype, so I thought I'd try it (in the waterproof, of course; only waterproof keeps my lashes curled). Hey, it was $5! So I used it. It kept the curl in my lashes overnight, and it lengthened them well. The only thing I don't like about it is that if I curl my lashes incorrectly (when they get slightly crimp-y) and I apply this, it seems to show every single flaw in my lashes...but other than that, it's a great drugstore mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by VLSM

I bought this product a while ago, and it really seperates my lashes and makes them very long. I do have naturally long and curly eyelashes and I do use an eyelash cruler juste so the curls can be a bit more higher and my eyes stand out more. The waterproof mascara does smmudge the top of my eyelids which, I would say, is the only downside of this product, the brush is really good, and you can feel it combing through your lashes. It does kind of hurt but after a while you get used to it. It holds all day and it doesnt dry up and seperate if you USE A LOT. Not very thick, but slight more than usual. I dip my brush in 5-6 times for one eye, it doesn't matter if you use less because it's still wonderful. Personally I find you get better results with more and when you aply on your top lashes only. It really makes your eyes seem brighter, and if you have very curly lashes (like mines) your eyes seem more girly. I hope this helped, and if you do buy it I hope it has the same results as mine. I will buy the non waterproff one to see if the smudges go away or if it is just the same. (:

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by horsieb19

I LOVE the normal version, so I thought I'd get a waterproof, BAD idea. It smudges more than my normal one, if I blink and am a little sweaty, I get black marks beneath my eyes. Its not nearly as good as the original...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Selece

Love this Mascara. Separates my lashes and lenghtens them. Holds my curl all day. Doesn't smudge or flake, even when i have oily lids. I recommended this to my friend who has sparse lashes to try and after she used it she immediately loved it. I have been using this for about two months, and its a given that it the mascara is drying a bit, but still doesn't clump my lashes. The only bad thing about thing when the mascara is drier compared to when i first used it is that it's harder to take off my lashes now, but that's probably just me being a bit picky. I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by bjdp55

Best drugstore mascara I have used. The absolute BEST thing about this mascara is how it seperates your lashes. The worst thing ever is when a mascara clumps .. and I have never had my eyelashes clump or stick together with this mascara. I'm gonna keep on buying this for a loooong time. When you curl your lashes with this mascara, it gives the effect of falsies, atleast on me.
Already repurchased several times

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by abertels

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara yesterday, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised! The big brush covers individual hairs perfectly, from root to tip, and makes my lashes look fuller and longer just after one coating. It doesn't clump and stays on very well. The only issue I have is with the bottom lashes; due to the size of the brush I find it hard to coat them well, so I have another, smaller brushed mascara for that. But all in all, I would recommend this mascara and I would buy it again in a heartbeat:-)