November 28, 2014 | 1868 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by loverlover1328

No creasing even without eye primer. Incredible.

Love love love this palette - it is one of the top palettes of this year as rated by a few bloggers and that is why I bought it originally - I can tell this is going to be a palette that I use consistently!

Shades are very pigmented, buttery soft, easy to apply and blend, and actually stick to the eyelid really well. I have used them today without primer and they stick really well - both to eyelid and blend well with each other. Fallout is minimal to none!
Finish on all of them is the same, it is a satiny finish, and the darker shades have a tiny bit of gold miniscule glitter which barely shows unless you pack it on.
Left side is neutral and the right side has green.

As far as the shades go, they are seriously incredible but you can't judge the colour by the pan because they will come out quite different on your eye. Not a bad thing, just that the colour has depth which doesn't show up when you look at it. For example, the left eyelid colour looks like a standard pale peachy pink but on the eye it is a gorgeous golden apricot which really reflects! Also, the left crease colour looks like a pale taupe but on the eye it is a warm brown with gold highlight. Strangely the left definer colour looks burgundy in the pan but on my eye lid it shows a deep moss slate grey colour.

What is also cute about these, which you will find with most if not all Wet n Wild palettes is the description which is embossed into the shadow i.e. crease, eyelid etc. It is a little hint of how to use them although you can use shadows however and wherever you like! But if you are unsure, then Wet n Wild provides the key. Also printed on the sticker on the back with a handy diagram of an eye so you know which parts of the eye they are referring to.

All in all this is one palette you will not regret purchasing and all colours are gorgeous, easy to wear, and have some complexity to them.

p.s. I have given 3 lippies for packaging because it is a little cheap feeling, plastic. I am being really careful with it so I don't break the lid. Wet n Wild do not waste your money on packaging! Dirt cheap!

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60, BeneFit Champagne, Bobbi Brown #4, MUFE Sand/Desert
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by candicenicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a neutral kind of gal. I wear a lot of browns and creamy colors because frankly, they look better on me than any other shade. So when I saw this palette, I reallllllly wanted it. I passed it up so many times until I saw one of the beauty gurus I follow on youtube do a dupe video and this had so many dupes for high end shadows so I "splurged" and by splurged I mean, purchased it when I told myself no eyeshadows for 2 months. Oops. Hey, I justified it with knowing these colors are perfect for fall! You can easily create a daytime look or a super dark sexy nighttime look. I'm a big fan of the WNW trios so this naturally had to be added to my collection. Definitely would repurchase. Smooth colors, and you get a lot of bang for your buck. I got this for 4.75 at my local WalMart - for 8 shadows, that's unheard of!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

PROS: The price is amazing (barely a few $) and you get 8 very buttery, intensely pigmented e/s. Most of these are in the neutral / taupe / brown range, which makes it handy for people who like natural colors. I cannot rave enough about the formula, it's sooo soft and you only need a little bit for your whole lid. This palette will last you a long time!

CONS: Frost galore. All the colors were frosty and not a single one was in the satin or matte range, which... is fun if you like frost e/s but not great if you're a fan of mattes / more natural finish e/s. I personally find the finish unflattering on my oily lids because they actually look oily / sheen-y with the eyeshadow on. I ended up not reaching for this palette at all after I bought it because I just wasn't a fan of how shiny the colors were, so I eventually gave it to my mother. Also, due to how soft the e/s are, they are prone to breaking so treat this palette with care!

Overall, great formula and colors, not great for people who don't like shimmery e/s or neutrals. I'd give this a 3.5 if I could.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by cjsmommasan

I am a makeup snob. I have always stuck my nose up and walked right past WNW at the drugstore.

I have been oh so wrong. First, the fact that the products are cruelty free is a big deal to me. Second, for the price and quality you can't go wrong.

This palette is just gorgeous. I wanted to try MAC's blue brown pigment when I saw that one of the colors was an exact duplicate. It is, side by side you can not distinguish them. The neutrals create a beautiful daytime smoky eye. Heavily pigmented, a little goes a long way.

Best $5 I have spent in a long time. I have changed my mind about this brand and will be checking out more of the products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by leoisillon

So I had purchased this a while back and loved it. It has awesome neutral colors that you can wear everyday and then some more dramatic neutrals in green and dark browns. For the price you really can't go wrong. I mostly wear the left side of the pallete for work almost each week. I had a moment when I was being an ignoramus and threw away all my makeup and only used my Mary Kay products (I was a consultant for a mintue). Once I came back to reality I immediately went to the store to replensih this product as I love it so much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this might just be the best 5 bucks I ever spent. The palette has 8 colors, all wearable, all blendable, all usable wet or dry, and all highly pigmented. I love this palette. The brush is too small and awkward, so please use a better one. All of the colors have shimmer to them, so if you don't like shimmer, you may not like this. The color on the bottom right is pretty much an exact dupe of Club by Mac, which for me, means this shade more than makes up the for the price of the palette.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by ellenmd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I guess I disagree with most of the reviewers here. I am not a snob and would wear anything that was a good color on me and did not irritate my sensitive skin. I must compliment WNW on being fragrance and irritant free, very rare for a low cost product. I have two WNW matte palettes from last year, don't remember the names, but they had six shadows each, three matte on the left and three shiny on the right. One was neutral browns and plums and one had yellows, peaches and blacks. Although I could not use all the colors in each palette, for $4.99, it was well worth it for the matte colors alone. This palette, on the other hand, is totally shiny, shiny, shiny!!! Worse, the colors do not come out on skin the color they look in the palette. I find that every color in the bunch turns some form of green on me, even the bottom left one, which I had high hopes would be a plummy brown. Its more like a greenish black when rubbed in. Only the peach looking shade, second on left, settlles in as a sparkly peach/copper may be useful. The only exception to this is the bottom right color. I had just tried on "Club" at the MAC counter, as was surprised to find a green color that turned plummy brown when rubbed in. This combo looked great on my hazel eyes. I did't buy it on the spot, too radical for me for an on the spot purchase, and my Drugstore.com order was at my door with this palette when I got home. Imagine how surprised I was to realize that for $4.99 I got a "Club" dupe. The difference is that the WNW shadow is softer and much more sparkly. The MAC product has a more satiny finish, unfortunately, a more refined, expensive finish. But, as I said, for radical experimentation, I can't beat this price. I must add that in the same order, I got the matte single Brulee from WNW, and it is a gorgeous matte yellow/ivory that I will be wearing every day. The sparkly Nutty single had the same problems as the sparkly palette. The color was completely different than it looked, and the finish was way too iridescent for my taste. My advise, if you can find WNW matte shades, grab them, if you like to experiment, this is a safe, inexpensive line to do it in.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This palette is simply fantastic.
The quality is great--it's way up there with most high-end eyeshadows. Granted, it's not as good as Urban Decay eyeshadows, but they're still REALLY good quality: the pigmentation is generally opaque, they don't crease or fade (even without primer), and the consistency is very smooth and not chalky at all. If I was in a blind test, I would've thought this was a high-end eyeshadow.
The shades are as following:
The first shade of the left column is an ivory with a sheen (I use this as a highlight not only for my browbone and inner corner, but for my nose bridge too sometimes). It's the least pigmented of the bunch, but this shade is more about the sheen than the color. The next shades are a shimmery somewhat frosty pink-toned champagne (MAC All That Glitters dupe) that can be more orange or more brown or more pink depending on your skin tone, a shimmery warm brown (Urban Decay Smog dupe), and a glittery dark brown (NARS Mekong dupe). The glitter doesn't really translate onto your skin. I was hoping the dark brown would be a dupe for MAC Brun, but WnW's is lighter than Brun--it's definitely still a dark brown, but it's not a matte blackened brown like Brun is.
The right column includes a light taupe (possible dupe for Urban Decay Toasted/MAC Sable?), a frosty medium green, a shimmery dark forest green, and a metallic duo-chrome red-brown and blue (an almost-dupe for MAC Club; I find that WnW's is more red).
The only con about this palette, I suppose, is its packaging, but what do you expect for $5? Anywho, the packaging really doesn't matter to me as long as it doesn't fall apart.
If you don't have this palette, GET. IT. NOW. If you dislike it, which I HIGHLY doubt, then you're not really losing much at such a dirt-cheap price of $5 (for 8 fricken high-end quality eyeshadows!).

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

Simply an amazing palette- full of gorgeous, pigmented shades. These eyeshadows rival my MAC eyeshadows. I find myself reaching for my Wet n' Wild palettes much more then my two MAC Palettes- & I can honestly say that these shadows have more pigmentation then some of my MAC & Urban Decay eyeshadows. I have used all the shades, and they all are gorgeous- perfect for a neutral, or strong eye look. I can't really say anything more, go out and try these- they will not let you down :) I plan on purchasing all of the Palettes after having such luck with this one. I have seen these around for awhile, but bought this on whim one day- and wished I had tried it sooner. Love it <3

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by leah8590

LOVE this palette!! So cheap but GREAT quality. I either use this or my Naked 2 Palette every day. When I first swatched the colors the first thing I noticed was that the shadows were SO soft.. which does fall under the eye sometimes when applying.. but if that's the only flaw for great pigmentation & $5.. I'll take it! You can't go wrong with this product!