November 21, 2014 | 1617 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by candicenicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a neutral kind of gal. I wear a lot of browns and creamy colors because frankly, they look better on me than any other shade. So when I saw this palette, I reallllllly wanted it. I passed it up so many times until I saw one of the beauty gurus I follow on youtube do a dupe video and this had so many dupes for high end shadows so I "splurged" and by splurged I mean, purchased it when I told myself no eyeshadows for 2 months. Oops. Hey, I justified it with knowing these colors are perfect for fall! You can easily create a daytime look or a super dark sexy nighttime look. I'm a big fan of the WNW trios so this naturally had to be added to my collection. Definitely would repurchase. Smooth colors, and you get a lot of bang for your buck. I got this for 4.75 at my local WalMart - for 8 shadows, that's unheard of!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

PROS: The price is amazing (barely a few $) and you get 8 very buttery, intensely pigmented e/s. Most of these are in the neutral / taupe / brown range, which makes it handy for people who like natural colors. I cannot rave enough about the formula, it's sooo soft and you only need a little bit for your whole lid. This palette will last you a long time!

CONS: Frost galore. All the colors were frosty and not a single one was in the satin or matte range, which... is fun if you like frost e/s but not great if you're a fan of mattes / more natural finish e/s. I personally find the finish unflattering on my oily lids because they actually look oily / sheen-y with the eyeshadow on. I ended up not reaching for this palette at all after I bought it because I just wasn't a fan of how shiny the colors were, so I eventually gave it to my mother. Also, due to how soft the e/s are, they are prone to breaking so treat this palette with care!

Overall, great formula and colors, not great for people who don't like shimmery e/s or neutrals. I'd give this a 3.5 if I could.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by cjsmommasan

I am a makeup snob. I have always stuck my nose up and walked right past WNW at the drugstore.

I have been oh so wrong. First, the fact that the products are cruelty free is a big deal to me. Second, for the price and quality you can't go wrong.

This palette is just gorgeous. I wanted to try MAC's blue brown pigment when I saw that one of the colors was an exact duplicate. It is, side by side you can not distinguish them. The neutrals create a beautiful daytime smoky eye. Heavily pigmented, a little goes a long way.

Best $5 I have spent in a long time. I have changed my mind about this brand and will be checking out more of the products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by leoisillon

So I had purchased this a while back and loved it. It has awesome neutral colors that you can wear everyday and then some more dramatic neutrals in green and dark browns. For the price you really can't go wrong. I mostly wear the left side of the pallete for work almost each week. I had a moment when I was being an ignoramus and threw away all my makeup and only used my Mary Kay products (I was a consultant for a mintue). Once I came back to reality I immediately went to the store to replensih this product as I love it so much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this might just be the best 5 bucks I ever spent. The palette has 8 colors, all wearable, all blendable, all usable wet or dry, and all highly pigmented. I love this palette. The brush is too small and awkward, so please use a better one. All of the colors have shimmer to them, so if you don't like shimmer, you may not like this. The color on the bottom right is pretty much an exact dupe of Club by Mac, which for me, means this shade more than makes up the for the price of the palette.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by ellenmd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I guess I disagree with most of the reviewers here. I am not a snob and would wear anything that was a good color on me and did not irritate my sensitive skin. I must compliment WNW on being fragrance and irritant free, very rare for a low cost product. I have two WNW matte palettes from last year, don't remember the names, but they had six shadows each, three matte on the left and three shiny on the right. One was neutral browns and plums and one had yellows, peaches and blacks. Although I could not use all the colors in each palette, for $4.99, it was well worth it for the matte colors alone. This palette, on the other hand, is totally shiny, shiny, shiny!!! Worse, the colors do not come out on skin the color they look in the palette. I find that every color in the bunch turns some form of green on me, even the bottom left one, which I had high hopes would be a plummy brown. Its more like a greenish black when rubbed in. Only the peach looking shade, second on left, settlles in as a sparkly peach/copper may be useful. The only exception to this is the bottom right color. I had just tried on "Club" at the MAC counter, as was surprised to find a green color that turned plummy brown when rubbed in. This combo looked great on my hazel eyes. I did't buy it on the spot, too radical for me for an on the spot purchase, and my Drugstore.com order was at my door with this palette when I got home. Imagine how surprised I was to realize that for $4.99 I got a "Club" dupe. The difference is that the WNW shadow is softer and much more sparkly. The MAC product has a more satiny finish, unfortunately, a more refined, expensive finish. But, as I said, for radical experimentation, I can't beat this price. I must add that in the same order, I got the matte single Brulee from WNW, and it is a gorgeous matte yellow/ivory that I will be wearing every day. The sparkly Nutty single had the same problems as the sparkly palette. The color was completely different than it looked, and the finish was way too iridescent for my taste. My advise, if you can find WNW matte shades, grab them, if you like to experiment, this is a safe, inexpensive line to do it in.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This palette is simply fantastic.
The quality is great--it's way up there with most high-end eyeshadows. Granted, it's not as good as Urban Decay eyeshadows, but they're still REALLY good quality: the pigmentation is generally opaque, they don't crease or fade (even without primer), and the consistency is very smooth and not chalky at all. If I was in a blind test, I would've thought this was a high-end eyeshadow.
The shades are as following:
The first shade of the left column is an ivory with a sheen (I use this as a highlight not only for my browbone and inner corner, but for my nose bridge too sometimes). It's the least pigmented of the bunch, but this shade is more about the sheen than the color. The next shades are a shimmery somewhat frosty pink-toned champagne (MAC All That Glitters dupe) that can be more orange or more brown or more pink depending on your skin tone, a shimmery warm brown (Urban Decay Smog dupe), and a glittery dark brown (NARS Mekong dupe). The glitter doesn't really translate onto your skin. I was hoping the dark brown would be a dupe for MAC Brun, but WnW's is lighter than Brun--it's definitely still a dark brown, but it's not a matte blackened brown like Brun is.
The right column includes a light taupe (possible dupe for Urban Decay Toasted/MAC Sable?), a frosty medium green, a shimmery dark forest green, and a metallic duo-chrome red-brown and blue (an almost-dupe for MAC Club; I find that WnW's is more red).
The only con about this palette, I suppose, is its packaging, but what do you expect for $5? Anywho, the packaging really doesn't matter to me as long as it doesn't fall apart.
If you don't have this palette, GET. IT. NOW. If you dislike it, which I HIGHLY doubt, then you're not really losing much at such a dirt-cheap price of $5 (for 8 fricken high-end quality eyeshadows!).

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

Simply an amazing palette- full of gorgeous, pigmented shades. These eyeshadows rival my MAC eyeshadows. I find myself reaching for my Wet n' Wild palettes much more then my two MAC Palettes- & I can honestly say that these shadows have more pigmentation then some of my MAC & Urban Decay eyeshadows. I have used all the shades, and they all are gorgeous- perfect for a neutral, or strong eye look. I can't really say anything more, go out and try these- they will not let you down :) I plan on purchasing all of the Palettes after having such luck with this one. I have seen these around for awhile, but bought this on whim one day- and wished I had tried it sooner. Love it <3

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by leah8590

LOVE this palette!! So cheap but GREAT quality. I either use this or my Naked 2 Palette every day. When I first swatched the colors the first thing I noticed was that the shadows were SO soft.. which does fall under the eye sometimes when applying.. but if that's the only flaw for great pigmentation & $5.. I'll take it! You can't go wrong with this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by ToriBiohazard

Even if you aren't planning on using these daily, they're still an amazing buy. You get 8 shadows for $4.99 (Price at my cvs) and they're incredibly pigmented for a drugstore eyeshadow. When I first got mine, of course I dug my brush into it, trying to get as much shadow as I could because I didn't expect it to have a lot of color, but whoa, was I wrong. I actually needed to clean off my brush and try again with less shadow xD
They're great to have laying around, and some of the colors included are truly unique! Especially for a drugstore find! These palettes give you everything you need to be neutral, dramatic, smokey, or just playful. Extremely versatile!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No