September 21, 2014 | 1152 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by ellenmd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I guess I disagree with most of the reviewers here. I am not a snob and would wear anything that was a good color on me and did not irritate my sensitive skin. I must compliment WNW on being fragrance and irritant free, very rare for a low cost product. I have two WNW matte palettes from last year, don't remember the names, but they had six shadows each, three matte on the left and three shiny on the right. One was neutral browns and plums and one had yellows, peaches and blacks. Although I could not use all the colors in each palette, for $4.99, it was well worth it for the matte colors alone. This palette, on the other hand, is totally shiny, shiny, shiny!!! Worse, the colors do not come out on skin the color they look in the palette. I find that every color in the bunch turns some form of green on me, even the bottom left one, which I had high hopes would be a plummy brown. Its more like a greenish black when rubbed in. Only the peach looking shade, second on left, settlles in as a sparkly peach/copper may be useful. The only exception to this is the bottom right color. I had just tried on "Club" at the MAC counter, as was surprised to find a green color that turned plummy brown when rubbed in. This combo looked great on my hazel eyes. I did't buy it on the spot, too radical for me for an on the spot purchase, and my Drugstore.com order was at my door with this palette when I got home. Imagine how surprised I was to realize that for $4.99 I got a "Club" dupe. The difference is that the WNW shadow is softer and much more sparkly. The MAC product has a more satiny finish, unfortunately, a more refined, expensive finish. But, as I said, for radical experimentation, I can't beat this price. I must add that in the same order, I got the matte single Brulee from WNW, and it is a gorgeous matte yellow/ivory that I will be wearing every day. The sparkly Nutty single had the same problems as the sparkly palette. The color was completely different than it looked, and the finish was way too iridescent for my taste. My advise, if you can find WNW matte shades, grab them, if you like to experiment, this is a safe, inexpensive line to do it in.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This palette is simply fantastic.
The quality is great--it's way up there with most high-end eyeshadows. Granted, it's not as good as Urban Decay eyeshadows, but they're still REALLY good quality: the pigmentation is generally opaque, they don't crease or fade (even without primer), and the consistency is very smooth and not chalky at all. If I was in a blind test, I would've thought this was a high-end eyeshadow.
The shades are as following:
The first shade of the left column is an ivory with a sheen (I use this as a highlight not only for my browbone and inner corner, but for my nose bridge too sometimes). It's the least pigmented of the bunch, but this shade is more about the sheen than the color. The next shades are a shimmery somewhat frosty pink-toned champagne (MAC All That Glitters dupe) that can be more orange or more brown or more pink depending on your skin tone, a shimmery warm brown (Urban Decay Smog dupe), and a glittery dark brown (NARS Mekong dupe). The glitter doesn't really translate onto your skin. I was hoping the dark brown would be a dupe for MAC Brun, but WnW's is lighter than Brun--it's definitely still a dark brown, but it's not a matte blackened brown like Brun is.
The right column includes a light taupe (possible dupe for Urban Decay Toasted/MAC Sable?), a frosty medium green, a shimmery dark forest green, and a metallic duo-chrome red-brown and blue (an almost-dupe for MAC Club; I find that WnW's is more red).
The only con about this palette, I suppose, is its packaging, but what do you expect for $5? Anywho, the packaging really doesn't matter to me as long as it doesn't fall apart.
If you don't have this palette, GET. IT. NOW. If you dislike it, which I HIGHLY doubt, then you're not really losing much at such a dirt-cheap price of $5 (for 8 fricken high-end quality eyeshadows!).

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

Simply an amazing palette- full of gorgeous, pigmented shades. These eyeshadows rival my MAC eyeshadows. I find myself reaching for my Wet n' Wild palettes much more then my two MAC Palettes- & I can honestly say that these shadows have more pigmentation then some of my MAC & Urban Decay eyeshadows. I have used all the shades, and they all are gorgeous- perfect for a neutral, or strong eye look. I can't really say anything more, go out and try these- they will not let you down :) I plan on purchasing all of the Palettes after having such luck with this one. I have seen these around for awhile, but bought this on whim one day- and wished I had tried it sooner. Love it <3

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by leah8590

LOVE this palette!! So cheap but GREAT quality. I either use this or my Naked 2 Palette every day. When I first swatched the colors the first thing I noticed was that the shadows were SO soft.. which does fall under the eye sometimes when applying.. but if that's the only flaw for great pigmentation & $5.. I'll take it! You can't go wrong with this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by ToriBiohazard

Even if you aren't planning on using these daily, they're still an amazing buy. You get 8 shadows for $4.99 (Price at my cvs) and they're incredibly pigmented for a drugstore eyeshadow. When I first got mine, of course I dug my brush into it, trying to get as much shadow as I could because I didn't expect it to have a lot of color, but whoa, was I wrong. I actually needed to clean off my brush and try again with less shadow xD
They're great to have laying around, and some of the colors included are truly unique! Especially for a drugstore find! These palettes give you everything you need to be neutral, dramatic, smokey, or just playful. Extremely versatile!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by vividreams

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Too shimmery for my taste.The colors are pretty though.Great for women of color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by productaholica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let's face it, I'm an eyeshadow SNOB! I stick my nose up at most drugstore shadows because of their lack of pigment, blendability and chalky formulas. I don't think I would have ever touched this palette without the stellar reviews I've read over and over again. I was feeling a little crazy ... er ... 'wild' in CVS yesterday and I couldn't resist the try (hey it was under $5). Holy $@#%!! This palette rivals my Urban Decay shadows ... I had a full on WTF moment this morning when I applied 'too much' of the richly pigmented brown on my outer v - it's that good. All I can say is run, don't walk to your nearest drugstore to pick this baby up ... Eyeshadow SNOB's alike will not be disappointed!

As a side note to the reviewers who commented on the packaging: I work in the design industry and all that pretty packaging drives up the price of a product immensely. What you've got here is a diamond in the rough ... No, the package isn't covered in velvet and stamped in hot foil but it serves it's purpose which is to hold and protect the product inside. Look past it and into the richly pigmented, blendable beauties!

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Marybelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was panicking days before my wedding because I intended on buying UD's Naked palette but didnt get a chance & was not near anyplace that stocked it...so I randomly bought this at CVS. It was one of the best purchases I ever made. I never thought I would be proud to say I wore WNW shadows for my wedding day, but it looked gorgeous, pigmented, blended & held up all night. Love every color in the palette, and I just might buy another just for good measure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this palette. These colors are all dupes for MAC eye-shadows and they are all very pigmented and well worth the inexpensive price tag. My favorite color is the bottom right, it's a super pretty iridescent purplish/bluish/green. I love this and use it daily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

What can I say - this is super duper quality for an incredible price. All colours are gorgeous i doubted I would like half of them when I bought it online and just wanted the greens and a couple of the neutrals - but I love the lot. Yes the "Club" dupe definitely is a dupe I used to own club and found it too grubby brown and sparkly but this one seems to be more finely milled and the base is more of a terracotta/plum. I would highly recommend finding this even if you have to do some intensive research to track one down - we don't have this brand in NZ but it is being imported privately and I can source through auction sites - picked this up for $16 NZ (about $7.50 USD) along with Brulee and nutty for $7.50 NZD each (approx $3.50 in US dollars) so I still got these for quite a bargain considering that here in NZ the average shadow single from Revlon/Covergirl is in the $20 range and MAC is $35-40, Estee $60+ a piece and this is of better quality than most brands and comparable to MAC.